• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Thanks for reminding me to finish this game, lol.

I still haven't beaten my first playthrough. But that's because I got the neutral route on my first go, and so I'm stuck against Beezlebub. :V
Pffft Beelzebub a pushover if you have Salvation and Doping.
Also he's not even required to finish the neutral route.
I'm on a play-through of the game currently. I am in the area of the White, after beating Kenji (who was a major pain in the *** to kill until I got dark resisting armor on Flynn), and it's a rather annoying place due to all the warping around, SMT4 needs EO's map system really.
Cool, wich route did you end up in?
Funny thing is that i actually got the Bad ending once due to me not paying attention and selecting the "Return the world to nothing" option, so i had to fight Kenji twice.

Last edited:

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
Robin discussion thread.

Let's talk about Ness!

How on earth(bound) did this get so off-topic???

edit: I apologize for the downright horrible pun

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Pffft Beelzebub a pushover if you have Salvation and Doping.
Luster Candy + Megidolan tho.

Also he's not even required to finish the neutral route..
News to me. I can't seem to get anywhere farther in the game without going through him.

Unless I decide to go Four Rider hunting, but to hell with that suicide mission.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I heard that in Classic Mode if you beat it with Robin, you will get a male Robin trophy even if you're playing as F!Robin.

But apparently, in All Star mode, you will get an alternate look (i.e. a palette swap or alternate costume) of the character instead. Is that where we can get the female Robin trophy?

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Luster Candy + Megidolan tho.

News to me. I can't seem to get anywhere farther in the game without going through him.

Unless I decide to go Four Rider hunting, but to hell with that suicide mission.
You have to complete a lot of obligatory challenge quests, some simple, such as taking pictures, others require you to defeat some powerful demon, but Beelzebub ain't one of them.
I'm pretty sure there's a list, but i'm not sure if you want to use that.
Also does 4 rider mean 4 devas? Because that one is required actually.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
That's the thing with digital games. I wish I had bought SMTIV digitally so after I immediately realized it wasn't for me, I could try to peddle it.

Robin discussion thread.

Let's talk about Ness!

How on earth(bound) did this get so off-topic???

edit: I apologize for the downright horrible pun
You do not have to necesaarily talk about Robin in the social thread.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
No, the actual Riders.

http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/White_Rider

I know they're completely optional, but I've no clue what to do other than that and fight Beezlebub again.
Then no, that one is also optional, the ones i'm talking about are all from regular tokyo, i'm assuming you already talked to Masakado? If so you know you have to fill the hope thingy, so just do these quests (Look only if you want):

Eggs for One Hundred
I Want to Make the City Bright
Deliver the Film
Samurai and Hunters United
Hunter Tournament Prelims
Phantom of Madness
Shelter Inspection
Ikebukuro Free District
Demon Guarding the Shrine
Hunter Tournament Finals
Serial Kidnapping + Arson
I Will Give You My Black Card
The Great Drunkenness
Take A Picture of Ginza for Me
Rebirth of the Lady
Multi-Demon Fusion
Mysterious Story of Tennozu
Tokyo Cosmos

That's the thing with digital games. I wish I had bought SMTIV digitally so after I immediately realized it wasn't for me, I could try to peddle it.
Was it too tedious?, or did the pacing of the story (or the story itself) not click with you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
Was it too tedious?, or did the pacing of the story (or the story itself) not click with you?
There is literally absolutely nothing at all for me to like about it. I got the feeling I wouldn't... but I tried to like it, just to appreciate SMTxFE more.

Also, just as a reminder, that the global forum rules (barring the part about being on topic) is still present here. Try not to double post. ^~^

Weeman

Smash Crusader
There is literally absolutely nothing at all for me to like about it. I got the feeling I wouldn't... but I tried to like it, just to appreciate SMTxFE more.

Also, just as a reminder, that the global forum rules (barring the part about being on topic) is still present here. Try not to double post. ^~^
Whoops, sorry, good thing Hong the protector is here right?... right? :sadeyes:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
So, besides Robin, who else are you folks interested in?
Duck Hunt. In the demo, I'm actually having fun playing Link for the first time since in the 64 version.

I don't think I will be able to get into Shulk's style unfortunately. Lucina is a must, although I'm not expecting any surprises. I tend to not focus too much on an air game, so the grounded Little Mac is really interesting to me.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I just want to have the game in my hands and try Robin firsthand. Golden glorious Robin of course.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
No Lucas palette for Ness. But Alph for Olimar?

How can this be?
It's the same reason why there is no Roy alternate character palette for Marth. It's a little awkward to downgrade a character like that.

I also think Alph benefits from recency, and unfortunately, the only thing the Mother series has been recently is dormant.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
No Lucas palette for Ness. But Alph for Olimar?

How can this be?
I know right??!! even Kirby has a Meta knight Alt., and he is the game!
BxctgEBIYAAUS43.png

DLC first day pack, along with Wolf and Snake, calling it right now.

tumblr_inline_mmvaz7wFc51qz4rgp.gif

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Cool, wich route did you end up in?
Funny thing is that i actually got the Bad ending once due to me not paying attention and selecting the "Return the world to nothing" option, so i had to fight Kenji twice.
Uhm... I'm not sure actually... Is there a way to know what route I am in?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I heard that in Classic Mode if you beat it with Robin, you will get a male Robin trophy even if you're playing as F!Robin.

But apparently, in All Star mode, you will get an alternate look (i.e. a palette swap or alternate costume) of the character instead. Is that where we can get the female Robin trophy?
That is where the F!Robin trophy is, yes.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
That is where the F!Robin trophy is, yes.
Ah, so it looks like I'm going to have to use :4robinm: during Classic Mode, and :4robinf: in All-Star Mode, just so that it doesn't look awkward when I inexplicably get the wrong gendered trophy.

...Eh, maybe when I first get my hands on the game. After that, I wouldn't care either way.

D

Deleted member

I wish the demo only had the 5 characters you can play as (Link, Mario, Pikachu, Mega Man, Villager) visible.

With the full starting roster being visible, Robin just stands there taunting me. :c

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I wish the demo only had the 5 characters you can play as (Link, Mario, Pikachu, Mega Man, Villager) visible.

With the full starting roster being visible, Robin just stands there taunting me. :c
I can't even see :4lucina:. Also, nice to see that we are back on topic.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529

I know, i've been having the same problem. All of those characters I wanna play right there in front of me but i cant access them :c

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Agreed.

Also I'm sneaking into your thread due to Robin hype. Don't mind me.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

I try to squint, because I can't bear to see Kirby and Robin just there, unplayable, so close but so far.

Oh yeah, some of Robin's customs guys.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Character_customization

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Has anyone else noticed Robins dash? He runs like a freakin' dork.:laugh:

Edit: I like it.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Worse than Robin's running animation is her dash attack. She awkwardly stabs the opponent using the bronze sword like it is some sort of knife.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Almost makes me think she's being apologetic when attacking, like

"Sorry, I don't want this to hurt too much, I'll stab lightly."

:4robinf:

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ah, I should try Ike again as well. Good idea, Drakonis. He's looking a lot faster than he was in Brawl.

Interestingly enough, Ness was originally my 64 main. I played him not long after the game released, and up until Melee shipped, I played him for years. Unfortunately, when I returned to the 64 scene, I found Ness to be way too easy to shut-down in competitive play. Even my Link has a better shot against competitive-grade Falcons.

So with that said, I want to see if Ness is any good this time, as well. I figure @ Pazzo. Pazzo. will be trying Ness as well?
Definitely. Ness looks like he got a few buffs (plus more disjointed hitboxes), plus the rising PK Flash looks deadly.

Other characters I'm interested in include DHD, Kirby, Falco, G&W, Villager, Pit, DDD, Luigi... the list goes on and on. I'm trying everyone at least once.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
While the Dashattack seems awkward, i have seen it put to good use countless times during the early tournaments. It looked like it had insane priority, but it could just have been awkward timing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom