• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Another poster from another board claims that Robin has no "Ammo Counter" for his 4 tomes and Levin Swords. In other words, both the player and their opponents will have to count Robin's Tome uses otherwise it's going to end up like a Dirty Harry scenario where both players are wondering if Robin has any Elwinds left.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
...You should stop judging people based on what they do and their gender. Just a friendly advice. :)
Just opinion, since I have nothing against what other people do/think and, their gender. You haven't SEEN me in a judging mood. And most would agree that you don't want to :smash:

but we need to get back on topic D:

Last edited:

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
So ZaHiro86 on Reddit has mention Robin's jab.

"Fire takes quite a few uses to break, super similar to PK fire but goes overhead and has a blindspot in the front. jab combo switches from wind to fire for one combo. Fire has knockback. Combo can cause fire tome to break."

I'm still not sure what determines the use of wind or fire. Anyone have an answer?

Hong

The Strongest
There is no topic, fool.

LIQUIDFGC? Certainly not GASFGC. Why? Because you didn't PASS. You FAILED. You went FLAT.

What am I to do with you!:074:

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
but we need to get back on topic D:
Okay then... I'm more hyped about Robin than ever before. I was really glad he got in, but the one I was truly hyped for was Lucina. This was due to me maining FE characters for years, so Lucina seemed like the natural evolution of that, plus she's my favorite character in Awakening. I also figured Robin would play like any of the other "magic" type characters (Zelda, Mewtwo, Samus), and I don't really care for them all that much.

However, the new information revealed about his playstyle makes him sound amazing. He sounds more like a Magic Knight than a Battle Mage (ie: supports his sword with magic, rather than supporting his magic with a sword). My only real complaint at this point is that Female Robin doesn't get alternate hair styles, since the default isn't my preferred style. But if we don't get dual audio that might not be an issue, since I wouldn't feel inclined to go female just to hear Miyuki Sawashiro.

Hong

The Strongest
I predicted a 6 second replenishment timer on his expendable attacks. I wonder if I hit the mark.

No! Not that Mark! I would never hit you, sweetie.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I wonder what it would be like if you could actually name Morgan. The last time I remember naming your own child in an RPG was Dragon Quest V, where you named both your son and your daughter.

Gotta admit, I would have preferred it if Morgan's name remained Mark, and I would have changed it to just that, even for F!Morgan.

Oh, and I can easily imagine you naming M!Morgan Ness, @ Hong Hong , if you ever considered doing that. :ness2:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There is no topic, fool.

LIQUIDFGC? Certainly not GASFGC. Why? Because you didn't PASS. You FAILED. You went FLAT.

What am I to do with you!:074:
Makes sense. When is there ever a topic :seuss:

Mad mod is mad D:

I'm more hyped about Robin than ever before. I was really glad he got in, but the one I was truly hyped for was Lucina. This was due to me maining FE characters for years, so Lucina seemed like the natural evolution of that, plus she's my favorite character in Awakening. I also figured Robin would play like any of the other "magic" type characters (Zelda, Mewtwo, Samus), and I don't really care for them all that much.
Both of them have ended up being the first time I really want to main a Fire Emblem character(although :marthmelee: was an uncommon choice for me in Melee, but I was a kid back then), ironically because I hated their inclusion.

However, the new information revealed about his playstyle makes him sound amazing. He sounds more like a Magic Knight than a Battle Mage (ie: supports his sword with magic, rather than supporting his magic with a sword). My only real complaint at this point is that Female Robin doesn't get alternate hair styles, since the default isn't my preferred style. But if we don't get dual audio that might not be an issue, since I wouldn't feel inclined to go female just to hear Miyuki Sawashiro.
Magic Knights(lol tropes) are characters I incline towards because of their greater mixed potential. It's fun.

what's wrong with English fem robin

I predicted a 6 second replenishment timer on his expendable attacks. I wonder if I hit the mark. No! Not that Mark! I would never hit you, sweetie.
6 seconds does seem fair considering it should balance Robin's zoning capabilities and not give him a reason to camp like Doctor Doom.

I prefer Morgan to Mark :seuss:

DAAAAAUGH LEFT MORGAN IS SO ADORABLE

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I always have my names default in games. :004:

Edit - But if it's UPPERCASE like the original FFVI in the US, I'll fix it so that only the first letter is uppercase. Otherwise it sounds like everyone is shouting their name.

EDGAR. will you help me?
Sure thing LOCKE.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I always have my names default in games. :004:

Edit - But if it's UPPERCASE like the original FFVI in the US, I'll fix it so that only the first letter is uppercase. Otherwise it sounds like everyone is shouting their name.

EDGAR. will you help me?
Sure thing LOCKE.
But what if even names are capitalized that you don't get to choose?
Like in Shining Force, where all Force members have capitalized names (unless you use the name all characters cheat). I did on more than one occation forget about that and had to restart the file shortly after just so the name of the main character was consistently shouted like every one elses. :D

Hong

The Strongest
But what if even names are capitalized that you don't get to choose?
Like in Shining Force, where all Force members have capitalized names (unless you use the name all characters cheat). I did on more than one occation forget about that and had to restart the file shortly after just so the name of the main character was consistently shouted like every one elses. :D
It makes my character seem more special if they have a lowercase name. :040:

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
According to Reddit user ZaHiro86, Robin's palette swaps are:

"Hair and clothes. He has: Male, Female, Male green, female red, male blue, female yellow, male white coat black hair and female neon pink"
I'm here stuck wondering what shades of each color they are. I'm hoping for a dark red (which is in Awakening already). I wish we could get purple over yellow though.

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Did we get any info about Elwind in regards to whether it puts you into freefall or not?

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
My personal guesses ended up being 7/8. I figured purple instead of neon pink, though wasn't expecting the black hair model to get a white coat.

For shades, I'd assume the red will end up being Cordelia-Red, Green will be Tiki or Nowi Green, Blue will be standard Marth/Sigurd/Chrom Blue, and Yellow will be Lissa's Yellow. I guess neon pink would be Olivia?

Black's the only one I'm not sure about. I'd normally hope for Avatar Hair Color 9, as it's probably the most used hair color after the default silver, but all my other guesses are based off of characters rather than actual choices.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
I LOVE the idea of a white coat/black hair, but I REALLY want to play female Robin.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I wonder if there'll be a Project M-type thing for Smash 4. Regardless of the gameplay, I loved PM's extra costumes.

One I'd really like to see is like, nerd Robin.

Wearing the thick rimmed glasses, his tomes are like a Kindle or tablet. "It's only got so much charge. Which is why I carry my lightsaber!"

That just sounds awesome to me

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Makes sense. When is there ever a topic :seuss:

Mad mod is mad D:

Both of them have ended up being the first time I really want to main a Fire Emblem character(although :marthmelee: was an uncommon choice for me in Melee, but I was a kid back then), ironically because I hated their inclusion.

Magic Knights(lol tropes) are characters I incline towards because of their greater mixed potential. It's fun.

what's wrong with English fem robin

6 seconds does seem fair considering it should balance Robin's zoning capabilities and not give him a reason to camp like Doctor Doom.

I prefer Morgan to Mark :seuss:

DAAAAAUGH LEFT MORGAN IS SO ADORABLE
F!Morgan superior, M!Morgan inferior.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
According to Reddit user ZaHiro86, Robin's palette swaps are:

I'm here stuck wondering what shades of each color they are. I'm hoping for a dark red (which is in Awakening already). I wish we could get purple over yellow though.
No Male/Red? D: This sucks.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
He has multiple copies of the game and multiple 3DS. Those are from the Avatar book or whatever it's called that keeps spotpass and streetpass characters in it.

...I recognized the player from the name of his characters. >_>
Hmm... but i guess you can only do that with the Avatar and not "cheat" units you only get later into the game earlier (like Aversa) ? X)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
F!Morgan superior, M!Morgan inferior.
you've become quite the conversationalist soundwave

Nah, I think they're both equally cute. It's just that they are both so adorably precocious and left Morgan has the same young Robin model I adore so much.

LIKE SRSLY CUTEST BADASS HUMAN EVERRRRRRRRRR

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Indeed.

White/black and neon pink are on the wrong genders IMO. :4dedede: Perhaps the white-robed Robin with black hair is a nod towards Sephiran.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... but i guess you can only do that with the Avatar and not "cheat" units you only get later into the game earlier (like Aversa) ? X)
Correct, it'd only be Avatars and the Einherjar.

Nah, I think they're both equally cute. It's just that they are both so adorably precocious and left Morgan has the same young Robin model I adore so much.
My problem is, since I play with Japanese audio, male Morgan's voice is far, FAR too deep for someone with such a child-like stature.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
My problem is, since I play with Japanese audio, male Morgan's voice is far, FAR too deep for someone with such a child-like stature.
Well, voice discrepancy is to be expected.

English Robin sounds sorta fine in pre teen alt to me, but that was never an issue tbh. I'm like

"awww so adorable and yes the voice don't fit but who gives a damn i dont yay lets begin :D"

But I can see where you come from.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Two Three more snippets i found in Zipzo's AMA :

#1 He never came into a situation where he was trying to use a tome but didn't have one.

#2 Arcfire DOES last long enough to run up and combo into something, which is as i hoped, and it is AMAZING! HELL YES!

#3 You seem to have to be careful when losing your Levin Sword, because apparently, if YOU cannot use it anymore it doesn't mean enemies cannot: One of the guys that posted (he was with Zipzo at the event) saw a Level 9 Computer Enemy catch the tossed Levin Sword out of the air and smash his friend out of the game at 70% with it. WAT.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Correct, it'd only be Avatars and the Einherjar.

But, but, the dub, it so good.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Wait is this official? Like can we trust the guy who said this? I wanna know what that neon pink looks like on :4robinf:. I MUST KNOW!

EDIT: And if she looks like Olivia color scheme wise-hair color and all, I'll be happy :p

Last edited:

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Hey they might be saving the outfits and skins for DLC since outfits and skins are all vanity items and doesn't give the purchaser an unfair advantage online and they won't be barred from playing against people without the DLC.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Figured on hope on the line and ask you guys a question. Who is Lucina's Mother. And does Chrom appear in the Victory Screen with Robin.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Figured on hope on the line and ask you guys a question. Who is Lucina's Mother. And does Chrom appear in the Victory Screen with Robin.
Lucinas Mother depends on your decision in the game, it can even be your Avatar. And second apparently he does.

Top Bottom