• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I've only heard it in the context of throwing it back at someone. I haven't seen it in person but I bet its just a shard of the sword that can be chucked like ZSS's suit pieces.
From what mojack (i think thats what his name here is) posted, it will disappear when hitting the ground, but can be grabbed out of the air and then used by an enemy. If this is intentional or not, only Sakurai knows...let me see if i can find the passage and then I'll edit this.

EDIT : Here it is :

mojack said:
One little nugget of information that I don't think Zipzo has mentioned about Robin. My friend was playing against a level 9 CPU as Robin the the single player booth. During the match he used up all his charges of Levin Sword at which point Robin automatically throws the sword away. Here's the fun part, though. The CPU actually grabbed the sword out of the air before it hit the ground and disappeared. Stunned in shock, my friend then took a levin sword to the face and was KO'd at about 70% give or take. So yes, you can grab Robins sword after he throws it away. Not sure about hit spell books, though.
You can find it here: http://smashboards.com/threads/sorr...d-of-smash-4-ama.366574/page-14#post-17489436

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Assuming he talked about hair and not robe colours, I am one sad bunny. Well, default Robin it is for me. At least I can still switch it up between the two genders. :3

Folt

Smash Ace
Give female green and male red. Deal? ;_; (But well i think they already had a green haired female so they didn'T want to have another one.)
No. (If only because green is my favorite color and I want male Robin with green hair... or robe.)

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
No. (If only because green is my favorite color and I want male Robin with green hair... or robe.)
It should be like with little Mac anyway, its totally not fair that he gets SIXTEEN costumes.SIX-F******-TEEN. 8 for his Wireframe model... Really? But those that share the same spot with a completely different gender or even character (Olimar and Alph) only get 4 each? Sakurai y u do this ._. Oh yeah and little mac also has the hoodie-wearing version as an alt, robin doesn't. So sad ._. (Here is hoping for DLC-Costumes and/or transferring your Awakening look to the game on the 3DS and then via Amiibo or sth. to Wii U).

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
It should be like with little Mac anyway, its totally not fair that he gets SIXTEEN costumes.SIX-F******-TEEN. 8 for his Wireframe model... Really? But those that share the same spot with a completely different gender or even character (Olimar and Alph) only get 4 each? Sakurai y u do this ._. Oh yeah and little mac also has the hoodie-wearing version as an alt, robin doesn't. So sad ._. (Here is hoping for DLC-Costumes and/or transferring your Awakening look to the game on the 3DS and then via Amiibo or sth. to Wii U).
I think it may just the the fact the wireframe probably takes so little effort to implement. It's the only sense I can make of it.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I think it may just the the fact the wireframe probably takes so little effort to implement. It's the only sense I can make of it.
If Robin really only has colourswaps, then it should be exactly the same effort. Like, 3-4 clicks in their editing program. "Exchange shade of white x in hair with shade of red y". Same for cloak, done. (I know it will take more time polishing it, but thats basically what colour swaps are. Whether they change Robins Hair colour and tone of coat or the colour of wireframe-macs boxing gloves/hoodie should take about the same time.)

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
Sakurai said that costume choices are the same between the two versions, so we have the same colors for everybody on either system, meaning that the Wii U probably has a more Aura-like effect for the Team Battles, rather than straight up changing the color choices.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I'm probably the only one to notice that Chrom has a woman's breast on the middle left picture. XD
Having at least one breast is the key to being the ultimate warrior. What, haven't you seen Ike's mono-bra?

That's also why female units are always inexplicably better. Science, dear friend.:4robinf::4lucina:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Having at least one breast is the key to being the ultimate warrior. What, haven't you seen Ike's mono-bra?

That's also why female units are always inexplicably better. Science, dear friend.:4robinf::4lucina:
Gotta have dem pecs, yo. :4myfriends:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Give female green and male red. Deal? ;_; (But well i think they already had a green haired female so they didn'T want to have another one.)
I don't understand how a green-haired Robin could be confused with Palutena. Robin wears a long, black robe and is somewhat short, while Palutena is tall and wears a white, simple dress.

But I guess I'll have to compensate with a red-haired :4robinf:, because my first playthrough with her had her with red-hair.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I don't understand how a green-haired Robin could be confused with Palutena. Robin wears a long, black robe and is somewhat short, while Palutena is tall and wears a white, simple dress.

But I guess I'll have to compensate with a red-haired :4robinf:, because my first playthrough with her had her with red-hair.
Well its the most likely scenario. why would they give f!Robin red AND Pink hair otherwise? But hey, switch them plis ._.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You forgot "sexy, revealing" dress for Palutena.

:4robinf: is not jealous, at least.

chrom walked in on her, why should she be worried about palutena's hotness :4dedede:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I guess this as an alt. is never going to be in:

Has it already been confirmed that Robin's recolors just change his/her hair color?

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Well some people thought Shulk and Robin looked alike so people getting green-haired Robin mixed up with Palutena wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Assuming he talked about hair and not robe colours, I am one sad bunny. Well, default Robin it is for me. At least I can still switch it up between the two genders. :3
I dunno, that white robe sounds pretty sweet.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
This is as they claim.

And yes, many would agree that a Dread Fighter alt would have been excellent.
The only real problem with a Dread Fighter alt, is that it's male exclusive in FE:A. I would say a Dark Knight alt. would be a good addition, but their collars look very off...

Hong

The Strongest
The only real problem with a Dread Fighter alt, is that it's male exclusive in FE:A. I would say a Dark Knight alt. would be a good addition, but their collars look very off...
I don't think anyone would complain about female Robin as a Dread Fighter. It was a stupid decision to make it exclusive, to begin with.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
True.

I hope different body types are at least implemented (i.e. one recolor for Robin has the "young", green-hair alt.).

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't think anyone would complain about female Robin as a Dread Fighter. It was a stupid decision to make it exclusive, to begin with.
Male units needed something specific to them to make up for 90% of the females in the game getting access to the utterly broken Galeforce.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

That also explains why Marth is good in Melee and Brawl:troll:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
That looks like a girl.

Wait...

...he's not Libra's ancestor, is he?

OH NOOOO NOT THAT AGAIN I DONT WANNA FREAK OUT AGAIN PLEASE
You should've seen Saki :troll: Oh wait, everyone did, HE is a Assist Trophy. Jep that blond thing with a laser-sword-gun-thing is a dude.

Top Bottom