• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Reynitsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788
Zipzo posted his impressions about Robin:

He has two swords, the magic and the non-magic one. (Forgive me, not an awakening veteran).

All of tilts are using the physical sword. They have good combo ability. All of his smashes use the magic sword, which has an electric effect.

When in the air, if you use the inputs for a smash attack (and you still have the magic sword available), you will do an aerial that uses the magic sword. If you just typically hit an aerial he will use the normal sword.

You use up your magic sword quite quickly but it regenerates rather fast so it's not like it ruins your tempo. Very fast.

The fire move we've seen is actually a fireball that comes from above robins head and rains down in the vicinity in front of robin. His neutral b shoots and electric lightnig bolt straight across the stage.

The healing move is his down b and you would be surprised to know it heals for a LOT (I healed for about 20%) and it stuns your opponent while you heal. It has a start up though so it's not as easy to land as any regular grab. I can see Robin being a PAIN IN THE *** to people who can't avoid getting caught in it. Unsure if you can force break it from slapping buttons, I only played AS him.

His up b jumps up a bit and shoots wind slicers down. Important to note it's actually not straight up, he jumps jump and slides slightly to the side in the direction you're facing THEN shoots them down, so it can be a ground option too.

http://smashboards.com/threads/jp-3...s-for-zipzos-ama.366530/page-17#post-17487550
That sounds great. I'm looking forward to maining Robin :D

Pretty interesting how a "smash input" makes you use Levin Sword in the air. Then how would the C-Stick work in the air? Any ideas about this?
sensitivity of c-stick input? .-.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Two Three more snippets i found in Zipzo's AMA :

#1 He never came into a situation where he was trying to use a tome but didn't have one.

#2 Arcfire DOES last long enough to run up and combo into something, which is as i hoped, and it is AMAZING! HELL YES!

#3 You seem to have to be careful when losing your Levin Sword, because apparently, if YOU cannot use it anymore it doesn't mean enemies cannot: One of the guys that posted (he was with Zipzo at the event) saw a Level 9 Computer Enemy catch the tossed Levin Sword out of the air and smash his friend out of the game at 70% with it. WAT.
#1 Excellent, juse what I wanted to hear.

#2 I love PK Fire and am looking forward to this so much.

#3 Imagine having Villager as a teammate and having him Pocket the sword for future KOs...

Robin's apparent weakness are not as prominent as some of us have worries about, so he's shaping up to be better and better.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Thanks Guys. Ok another Question im doing a Sonic The Hedgehog moveset analyze/speculation and I was going to include a match up for Sonic. Do you guys think Robin would be Sonic's Matchup. it's very important.

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Which is why I'm afraid he's gonna get nerfed when the Wii U version comes out and the 3DS version is just for testing out the characters and rebalance them in the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
IT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIFE!!!
Funny how this went in full circle....

Thanks Guys. Ok another Question im doing a Sonic The Hedgehog moveset analyze/speculation and I was going to include a match up for Sonic. Do you guys think Robin would be Sonic's Matchup. it's very important.
Sonic is going to be a tough matchup. His fast moving speed will help him avoid attacks like Elfire and Nosferatu. If Robin's tomes wastes uses on misses, his speed could cause Robin to run through his weapons too quickly and place pressure on him until he gets them back.

However, Robin does have some useful tools to use against him. His Thunder tome will be good against Sonic who has no real way to deal with projectiles. His Levin Sword seems extremely strong, making it easier to KO a light Sonic. Also, it seems that Robin's tomes recharge much more quickly than expected, so his earlier weakness are more minor.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

Suddenly, I became scared for my precious Morgan.
I just shared that with my siblings and got them laughing. We're on a car trip (college here I come!), and I'm so sad that I don't have Smash to play with them (yet!).

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Hey they might be saving the outfits and skins for DLC since outfits and skins are all vanity items and doesn't give the purchaser an unfair advantage online and they won't be barred from playing against people without the DLC.
I am hoping for this. I'm hoping Mario Kart 8 is setting the precedent for amount of stuff in a DLC pack, too.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
"Hair and clothes. He has: Male, Female, Male green, female red, male blue, female yellow, male white coat black hair and female neon pink"

So... Standard, Femstandard, Mark, red???, Obligatory Fire Emblem Blue option, Lissa??, Sephiran, Celica.

Did they mention (or explicitly deny) anything about hair style changing with colours?

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't hold initial impressions as actual balancing sticks. Didn't Olimar not become known as "powerful" until later in Brawl? Some characters take time to learn. Plus this could merely be an aspect of everyone expecting him to be mediocre at best, and he turns out to be very capable.

I wouldn't expect any balance changes unless a character is broken or severely overpowered. Not even taking severely underpowered into consideration, since at this point if anyone is at that level then Sakurai failed. Underpowered, sure, it happens on a bell curve, but severely underpowered shouldn't.

That said, Zipzo clarified that the Levin Sword takes "usage damage" or whatever you want to call it when you use it, regardless of whether you hit anything or not.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Morgan's future: After making Morgan, Robin lost his ability to conceive and went mad from the shame.
how does that happen, I'm legit curious how one birth and suddenly you can't make babies anymore.

Anywho, starting my first playthrough as :4robinf:! I plan to marry to her to Chrome as soon as I can :3

I can still get Galeforce with :4robinf:xChrom, right?

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I find it rather funny both Chrom and Dunban say "On my mark!" for Robin and Shulk's respective final smashes. Although I like Robin's more since Shulk needs two of his friends to beat up opponents while Robin only needs Chrom. :)

D

Deleted member

how does that happen, I'm legit curious how one birth and suddenly you can't make babies anymore.

Anywho, starting my first playthrough as :4robinf:! I plan to marry to her to Chrome as soon as I can :3

Yes you can.
Robin's children have access to every single class. So, Lucina can become a Dark Flier and get Galeforce.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
I'm likely holding on to false hope here, but maybe it's possible to change the hairstyle in the customization menu?

"Hair and clothes. He has: Male, Female, Male green, female red, male blue, female yellow, male white coat black hair and female neon pink"

So... Standard, Femstandard, Mark, red???, Obligatory Fire Emblem Blue option, Lissa??, Sephiran, Celica.

Did they mention (or explicitly deny) anything about hair style changing with colours?
Not explicitly denied, more like implied... Either way, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Wait, so a foreign party can catch the Levin Sword once Robin tosses it away and use it themselves?

We need this tested in Doubles. Pronto.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Wait, so a foreign party can catch the Levin Sword once Robin tosses it away and use it themselves?

Could be yet another advantage for Robin/Lucario teams. If Luc is stuck at low damage and has little kill power and the team needs a couple kills, Robin can wear out the Levin Sword, have Luc pick it up when he discards it, then have another one ready in ten seconds with no harm done.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975

Make a family only playthrough.

Chrom with Robin, and Lucina with Morgan.

Folt

Smash Ace
Yessssss! *fist pump*

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord

I've only heard it in the context of throwing it back at someone. I haven't seen it in person but I bet its just a shard of the sword that can be chucked like ZSS's suit pieces.

Folt

Smash Ace
However, the new information revealed about his playstyle makes him sound amazing. He sounds more like a Magic Knight than a Battle Mage (ie: supports his sword with magic, rather than supporting his magic with a sword). My only real complaint at this point is that Female Robin doesn't get alternate hair styles, since the default isn't my preferred style. But if we don't get dual audio that might not be an issue, since I wouldn't feel inclined to go female just to hear Miyuki Sawashiro.
To me, it seems more that Robin is a mix of both magic and physical (with a slight focus on magic), but eh: It's not important.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Oooo.. I do hope that green one is modeled off Mark.
For those of you who don't know, this is the extent of what you see of the player tactician in FE7. Brown hair, green cloak.

Sorta a rare sighting. :p

Anyway, the green/ blue/ red pallet swaps may just be based off the other potential team colors in FE (or it may even just be for smash team colors).

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So fRobin doesn't get the black hair/white coat alt? Thanks, Sakurai ;_;

Hong

The Strongest
Oooo.. I do hope that green one is modeled off Mark.
For those of you who don't know, this is the extent of what you see of the player tactician in FE7. Brown hair, green cloak.

Sorta a rare sighting. :p

Anyway, the green/ blue/ red pallet swaps may just be based off the other potential team colors in FE (or it may even just be for smash team colors).
There are no team palettes, anymore. They have been replaced with outlines, and you can use any palette you want.

At least on the 3DS version.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
So, word on the street is Robin's recolors have different hair colors (based on game options). Also, there's a white robe alternate color.

No word on differing hairstyles.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So, word on the street is Robin's recolors have different hair colors (based on game options). Also, there's a white robe alternate color.

No word on differing hairstyles.
If I can get Green haired male robin, it would be close enough.

But I want the kind of scruffy hair and for it to be green...

Folt

Smash Ace
If I can get Green haired male robin, it would be close enough.

But I want the kind of scruffy hair and for it to be green...
If blue hair is an option it'll resemble my current :4robinf: :3
According to a Reddit user, the alts for Robin are these:

Top Bottom