• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Upon closer inspection of Robin's move in the Shulk trailer, I think that may actually be a retreating Fair. Robin's legs are positioned like they were when he jumped out of Bowser's reach.

And that was a posture he has when he's doing no move at all. Levin Fair comes out FAST.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Upon closer inspection of Robin's move in the Shulk trailer, I think that may actually be a retreating Fair. Robin's legs are positioned like they were when he jumped out of Bowser's reach.

And that was a posture he has when he's doing no move at all. Levin Fair comes out FAST.
Agreed. I thought it looked a little odd if it was the Bair, but I wasn't too confident. Nice catch with everything else though- I didn't even see him in some of those shots.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
So is Robin still a slow character or not?
I think he seems to be medium to slow character in terms of movement, but his attack speed seems pretty decent, especially when he's using is Tomes. My guess is that he'll wind up being a mid-weight character that trades a little speed for brute strength with some moves (Levin Sword, Thoron).

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
I hadn't seen this move before the video released this morning.

Looks like his/her Up Smash.

Hong

The Strongest
So is Robin still a slow character or not?
I was wrong when I accused him of such.

He is slow on the ground and his smash attacks have a lot of recovery frames, but his other normals are decent. Not lightning-quick, but a comfy middle ground. Specials are a mixed bag, however.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I honestly expected a Grima Final Smash and I still think it'd be cooler but a pair-up attack like Chrom matches his character and complements the story of Awakening. The only problem I have with it is that it kinda acts like Ike's Great Aether.

Hong

The Strongest
Hey there, @ Reginleif Reginleif . :039: I don't chance upon you as often these days. Hope all is well.
Too slick for that :shades:, hoodies all the way.
Well, the more options, the better, no?

Granted, Robin already has the two genders, and likely multiple hair styles, so I'll count our blessings.:178:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Hey there, @ Reginleif Reginleif . :039: I don't chance upon you as often these days. Hope all is well.
Well, the more options, the better, no?

Granted, Robin already has the two genders, and likely multiple hair styles, so I'll count our blessings.:178:
@ Hong Hong :)) School started so I'm rarely on nowadays, but I'll totally be here whenever big news drops. Thanks and I hope you're doing great too! ♥

-

They tweaked the Grandmaster design for Katarina a bit it would be cool if :4robinf: got something similar!

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
@ Hong Hong :)) School started so I'm rarely on nowadays, but I'll totally be here whenever big news drops. Thanks and I hope you're doing great too! ♥

-

They tweaked the Grandmaster design for Katarina a bit it would be cool if :4robinf: got something similar!

Who dat?

Hong

The Strongest
Am I in the minority when I say that I don't like Aversa's design? It looks terrible in my opinion.
Nah. I dislike everything about her, honestly.

Edit - And of course by "Nah", I don't mean a certain manakete. I love everything about her. :)

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Edit - And of course by "Nah", I don't mean a certain manakete. I love everything about her. :)
Honestly, I would trust her with Morgan before i would trust Chrom with her.
I can't really say I care for Nah either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, she was one of the few characters that I didn't really like in Awakening.
I didn't like her even after seeing her supports with male Robin.
First she was a cold person and now she is an annoyance. She just rubs me the wrong way...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeah, she was one of the few characters that I didn't really like in Awakening.
I didn't like her even after seeing her supports with male Robin. First she was a cold person and now she is an annoyance. She just rubs me the wrong way...
The only characters I didn't really care for are Nah (Don't kill me), Vaike, Maribelle, and Kjelle.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Am I in the minority when I say that I don't like Aversa's design? It looks terrible in my opinion.
No, not really. I actually never liked Aversa that much in the first place.

But going back to her design, she looks like an older, more seductive, and more evil version of :4robinf:, if she was never taken away to safety by her mother. The fact that they both have long white hair also helps, somewhat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom