• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Could you guys imagine if Robin wasn't announced by now?

We would be in the despair that everyone else is right now.

Also, to commemorate the last two weeks until we get to witness Robin's full moveset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkqSNS9va5k

(Language Warning)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Oh, normally she just talks to walls and stuff. No clue why.
I don't really like her, but her supports with Lon'qu are hilarious. I almost started liking her after them... almost.

In a similar vein, I had respect for Laurent until his supports with Noire :confused:

Could you guys imagine if Robin wasn't announced by now?

We would be in the despair that everyone else is right now.

Also, to commemorate the last two weeks until we get to witness Robin's full moveset.
Oh my gosh, I'm dying. Tharja...

Also, less than two weeks until I'll be playing as Robin! I'm bursting with hype and Shulk, someone who I don't personally know but looks outstanding, has only made my hype even worse.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't really like her, but her supports with Lon'qu are hilarious. I almost started liking her after them... almost.

In a similar vein, I had respect for Laurent until his supports with Noire :confused:

Also, less than two weeks until I'll be playing as Robin! I'm bursting with hype and Shulk, someone who I don't personally know but looks outstanding, has only made my hype even worse.
That's how I was about :4lucina:. And Inigo. And Gerome. And Severa. And Libra. And Sumia. And Kellem. And Sully.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

You do know it is only the Japanese release right? Or do you have a Japanese 3DS?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
You do know it is only the Japanese release right? Or do you have a Japanese 3DS?
The latter! I'll be downloading it as soon as its available and enjoying it until the English version comes out later! I'll be posting here with Robin (or anyone if there are requests) details here when I get it- I'll be spending lots of time bonding with the Tactician!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The latter! I'll be downloading it as soon as its available and enjoying it until the English version comes out later! I'll be posting here with Robin (or anyone if there are requests) details here when I get it- I'll be spending lots of time bonding with the Tactician!
u gots to tell us all his spells :]

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
u gots to tell us all his spells :]
I can't read Japanese, but I'll see if I can try to match up his custom moves with the Japanese lettering for them the best I can! I'd be so hyped if the variants were actually other moves, like Excalibur for Elwind or Aversa's Night for Nosferatu!

And how to unlock Lucina.
If it's not online by the time I get the game, I've got two ideas-

1. Classic Mode as Marth
2. Classic Mode as Robin

My first moments with the game will be a few quick stock matches with some of my favorites (Robin -> Pit -> Charizard -> Palutena -> Rosalina -> Shulk -> Lucario), but then I'll jump into Classic with Marth to see if it works.

Hong

The Strongest
@ GamerGuy09 GamerGuy09

Just so you know, video links that contain words that are otherwise censored, you should include a warning. Furthermore, if the video preview has a curse word, you should just outright link it all-together. I've edited it this time, but in the future, you would be advised to avoid it. :)

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
You are born in the world of Fire Emblem Awakening.

In terms of place/country/land, where would you prefer to live? The Halidom of Ylisse? The rich and prosperous Plegia? The nigh-ascetic Chon'sin? Any of the other various lands? Perhaps Regna Ferox? Rosanne?
Probably Ylisse. They seem to be pretty stable with their inner politics even in time of crisis, unlike any land on Tellius, which starts to crumble under it's own weight as soon as ANYTHING happens.

Well, it's not like the Dark Dragon is the best role model.
Hey now, Grima might be a demon dragon, but there's only ONE Dark Dragon. Especially in SRPGs.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

It's out for your blood now, son.
It's in my main team. And adorable at that.

Unlike Dark Dragon.
Who literally spews souls like the ark of the covenant as it's dragon/demon breath.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Robin was one of the few that wasn't shown up or ridiculed in the Shulk trailer. In fact, Shulk actually tag-teams with Robin to attack Mario at Gaur Plain.

Shulk just knows better. :4robinm:

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's in my main team. And adorable at that.

Unlike Dark Dragon.
Who literally spews souls like the ark of the covenant as it's dragon/demon breath.
>king ghidorah thingy
>adorable

Makes perfect sense.

My love for this guy knows no bounds. As a Classics major, I love the mythology reference. He's my favorite Dragon type (who gets torn apart by Faries).
I love you too mang-oh. You meant Hydreigon.

Of course ;(

And that's why you pair Hydreigon with Fairies :seuss:

Grinding for days in BW was worth it just to have something stronger than Zekrom vs Gaycheese and N.

I couldn't resist the love joke.

----------------------------------------------

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I'd love to see this alt design for male Robin, the first picture is the one I chose when played Awakening

But I don't think is likely...

Something about that form of Robin rubs me the wrong way.

In my second play-through of the game, I decided to go with the small-frame Robin.

I used hairstyle 1(green) and face 4. I wound up liking that more than my first build.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Something about that form of Robin rubs me the wrong way.

In my second play-through of the game, I decided to go with the small-frame Robin.

I used hairstyle 1(green) and face 4. I wound up liking that more than my first build.
Looks just like MMorgan

D

Deleted member

Robin was one of the few that wasn't shown up or ridiculed in the Shulk trailer. In fact, Shulk actually tag-teams with Robin to attack Mario at Gaur Plain.

Shulk just knows better. :4robinm:
Why would Shulk want to attack Robin in the first place? Or even why should Robin want to attack Shulk?

They know that they should team up... the two would become a deadly and unstoppable duo! Robin is able to see the whole battle and create crafty tactics, has no problem with defensive and special defensive enemies due to his access to swords and tomes, can boost stats even more so when they pair-up, and duel guard Shulk from attacks; Shulk would have his Monado Arts be used to buff both of them and use more powerful attacks, be able to see the future with his Visions to counter the bad future, topple and daze the enemy to make them even more vulnerable, and be able to attack the enemy from the sides and back to reduce the enemy's defenses or have a more powerful attack.

Basically... these two could take on an entire army and they are smart enough to realize that. It's like invisible ties are being forged between them. The future... belongs to them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
As was discussed in the Shulk thread, Xeno Emblem would be way cooler than SMT x Fire Emblem.

I would definitely leave writing to the Xenoblade Chronicles team, but I prefer the class and stat systems of Fire Emblem. Maybe you move units around like you do in Fire Emblem, but it uses the battle system of Xenoblade Chronicles when they engage.

D

Deleted member

As was discussed in the Shulk thread, Xeno Emblem would be way cooler than SMT x Fire Emblem.

I would definitely leave writing to the Xenoblade Chronicles team, but I prefer the class and stat systems of Fire Emblem. Maybe you move units around like you do in Fire Emblem, but it uses the battle system of Xenoblade Chronicles when they engage.
I would pre-order and buy day one a Xenoblade and Fire Emblem crossover in a heartbeat. It's just so perfect of an idea that I wish they did it.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

In terms of place/country/land, where would you prefer to live? The Halidom of Ylisse? The rich and prosperous Plegia? The nigh-ascetic Chon'sin? Any of the other various lands? Perhaps Regna Ferox? Rosanne?
Mila Tree, i'd be a bird, i like birds :falco:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Emblem Warriors, Frederick would be Lu Bu

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
As much as I love Xenoblade, I'd rather let the series develop before having a crossover like that. Really, the series has still to be defined because it really has had only one entry.

And the reason why SMT x FE is happening because Nintendo can share development with another team and gain new eyes on their franchise. Xenoblade would not have that effect considering its also a developed by a 1st party team and there's probably a fair amount of shared fans of the games. And Xenoblade isnt that big a series in the first place.

Regna Ferox. Battle is my politics.

Top Bottom