• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
As a person who greatly wanted Robin in over Chrom because I was convinced he would make for a better character moveset wise over Chrom, I have to say. I am not disappointed at all, The mix of using Tomes+Sword based gameplay was genius on Sakurais part.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I was initially not a Lucina x Robin supporter from the beginning, but now I love them as a couple. :D

I'm glad they could show how Fire Emblem isn't all just swords and I'm pretty happy about the lineup as it is right now. I think Robin's mechanics for limited uses will provide a variety to how each Robin player plays him. It was a spectacular add in my opinion. Having a fully charged thoron up could provide a good pressure/mindgame tactic.

Also it's interesting how Nosferatu damages more if cast behind an opponent. Any thoughts on that?
I was the same way about :4robinm:x:4lucina:. I think most people end up warming up to :4robinm: x :4lucina:, instead of supporting it immediately.
hipster

Imagine Grima possessed Robin as an alt. spooky.
YES!

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Personally I found Lucina to be a typical generic character and found her to be vastly overrated. I still think that now. Same goes for Chrom. Robin is rather generic too, but at least Robin's genericness is excusable by being a self-insert character and comes with a default class that wields magic and swords, the 2 coolest weapons ever. :L

Go ahead. Bring on the torches and pitchforks. I dare ya.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Fire Emblem has never really Personally I found Lucina to be a typical generic character and found her to be vastly overrated. I still think that now. Same goes for Chrom. Robin is rather generic too, but at least Robin's genericness is excusable by being a self-insert character and comes with a default class that wields magic and swords, the 2 coolest weapons ever. :L

Go ahead. Bring on the torches and pitchforks. I dare ya.
I hear the Grammar Nazi's about over one error.

To each his own.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I hear the Grammar Nazi's about over one error.

To each his own.
That was saved from the auto-draft thing Smashboards has. Forgot I was going to type something a couple of days ago but changed my mind. Didn't even realize the beginning portion was still there.

And here's what I think about Nazi's, especially the grammatical kind.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Flavia: Also, WE CAN'T USE OUR OWN FIGHTERS. So you should FIGHT for us. Like RIGHT NOW. I have NOTHING PREPARED for this seasoned duel that determines who rules an entire country. You are JUST IN TIME!
My impression was that her Champion was the knight we whacked in the previous chapter (the one where you get Sumia and Kellam). She likely thought said knight had a chance against Lon'qu, but then he was easily bested by "Marth", and Flavia got rightfully worried.

Hm...Lucina leading an army comprised of Ylisse's troops and Ferox, mowing down Valmese soldiers alongside Basilio, Flavia, and Chrom (and Robin of course)?

So, basically, what any competent player's endgame looks like?
People actually use Basilio and Flavia?

What "sane" person would marry their best friend's daughter? :troll:
From the FUTUUUUUUUUUURE!

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
My impression was that her Champion was the knight we whacked in the previous chapter (the one where you get Sumia and Kellam). She likely thought said knight had a chance against Lon'qu, but then he was easily bested by "Marth", and Flavia got rightfully worried.

People actually use Basilio and Flavia?

From the FUTUUUUUUUUUURE!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You guys just gotta keep remind me that I'm still the sole Chrom-fan in All Hail Robin Discussion-thread. :laugh:
I like Chrom.

I just don't like him as much as Robin, Lucina, Lissa, Frederick, Sully, Virion, Vaike, Cordelia, Sumia, Miriel, Kellam, Lon'qu, Donnel, Maribelle, Gaius, Gregor, Nowi, Libra, Tharja, Anna, Olivia, Cherche, Henry, Say'ri, Tiki, Basilio, Flavia, Gangrel, Emmeryn, Yen'fay, Walhart, Aversa, Morgan, Owain, Inigo, Cynthia, Kjelle, Brady, Severa, Gerome, Yarne, Laurent, Noire, Nah, Mustafa, and Old Hubba.

He's still a decent unit in battle. :p

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I like Chrom.

I just don't like him as much as Robin, Lucina, Lissa, Frederick, Sully, Virion, Vaike, Cordelia, Sumia, Miriel, Kellam, Lon'qu, Donnel, Maribelle, Gaius, Gregor, Nowi, Libra, Tharja, Anna, Olivia, Cherche, Henry, Say'ri, Tiki, Basilio, Flavia, Gangrel, Emmeryn, Yen'fay, Walhart, Aversa, Morgan, Owain, Inigo, Cynthia, Kjelle, Brady, Severa, Gerome, Yarne, Laurent, Noire, Nah, Mustafa, and Old Hubba.

Vaike is not better than Chrom.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Any of you guys think they will have customization with Robin like in the beginning of Fire Emblem awakening such as hairstyle and face?

Hong

The Strongest
For the early and mid game, at least. Even compared to the rest of the first generation and other inferior non-Galeforce-bearers, only his exclusive weapons are anything decent. Folks like Say'ri and Cherche have a lot going for them that Chrom doesn't.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
People actually use Say'ri?

And I don't mean this as a joke to follow up on Flavia and Basilio. I'm totally serious. Their jobs and skill classes aren't anything special, and by the time you get them in the game their stats shouldn't be that impressive. Useable, but not impressive. They can't support with anyone other than:

Flavia - (M) Robin, Basilio
Basilio - (F) Robin, Flavia
Say'ri - (M) Robin, Tiki

Just... don't really see why you'd use them outside of "I like their character", which is fine but not the standard way use those characters.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Vaike is not better than Chrom.
Come on, Robertman2. There's no Vaikeing around with me.

Vaike is Vaikeing awesome to use in battle, and he's so Vaikeing hilarious in his support conversations (especially with Robin).

Hong

The Strongest

And I don't mean this as a joke to follow up on Flavia and Basilio. I'm totally serious. Their jobs and skill classes aren't anything special, and by the time you get them in the game their stats shouldn't be that impressive. Useable, but not impressive. They can't support with anyone other than:

Say'ri - (M) Robin, Tiki

Just... don't really see why you'd use them outside of "I like their character", which is fine but not the standard way use those characters.
I don't think many people. i was just saying she is better than Chrom, and I am sticking by that. Anyone with Sol access, pegasus access, wyvern access, Galeforce access, has something more to bring to the table.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
I was looking at the official Smash Bros. website a few days ago in different languages and somehow (I don't exactly know how) I noticed this TINY difference between the UK and the US websites.

Reflet/Robin's picture. The word "NEWCOMER" is in a very slightly different spot. I've checked again today and I didn't notice it so they must have fixed it, but still... very odd that this would happen. Look closely, it is very easy to miss.

UK:

US:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Am I the only one who wants Model 2 as an alt option?

(I don't have images, the one where he looks younger)

He just looks SOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUTE like male Morgan :3

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I also present this:

The wording for the Levin Sword implies that "Reflet uses the Levin Sword for Smash attacks". The expression for "uses" versus something like "powers up to" implies that it is used in the circumstance of performing Smash attacks, and doesn't sound like you pull it out and are forced to wield it until it breaks.
Though Sakurai has also mentioned that the Levin Sword has limited uses and will have to regenerate after it's used up, and that Robin will use a bronze sword when the Levin Sword is "unavailable." The way Sakurai has worded it makes me think that the Levin Sword is something that is pulled out by Smash attacks and is then used until it breaks.

Hong

The Strongest
I was looking at the official Smash Bros. website a few days ago in different languages and somehow (I don't exactly know how) I noticed this TINY difference between the UK and the US websites.

Reflet/Robin's picture. The word "NEWCOMER" is in a very slightly different spot. I've checked again today and I didn't notice it so they must have fixed it, but still... very odd that this would happen. Look closely, it is very easy to miss.

UK:

US:
Altered time-lines. Europe is 7 hours in the future. You have no memory of this event.:4robinf:

Hong

The Strongest
Wrong character emoticon considering your choice of words :p

:4littlemac:
You are too young to understand the ancient art that I wield. That fact you do not use these emoticons naturally at the end of your posts means you are without the gift. You are one of them. The normal folks. Those that have not yet been... enlightened.:063:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You are too young to understand the ancient art that I wield. That fact you do not use these emoticons naturally at the end of your posts means you are without the gift. You are one of them. The normal folks. Those that have not yet been... enlightened.:063:
my room has 4 friggin lamps, whaddya mean not enlightened

Who cares about the gift. I don't wanna be a part of the greater internet ****wad theory. I wanna be normal and live a normal life. :)

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Am I doing it right? :drohmy::disco::drohyou:

Folt

Smash Ace
I don't think many people. i was just saying she is better than Chrom, and I am sticking by that. Anyone with Sol access, pegasus access, wyvern access, Galeforce access, has something more to bring to the table.
Sorry, but Sol is practically one of the worst proc skills in the game and Chrom's class set gives him the right tools to stay in your army all the way to the endgame and beyond, while all Say'ri has going for her is Galeforce which is done better by both the kids and other units who come earlier.

Her support pool is rather limited too, so if you're not giving her Avatar, the only one she'll have is Tiki which is way too bad.

Hong

The Strongest
Sorry, but Sol is practically one of the worst proc skills in the game and Chrom's class set gives him the right tools to stay in your army all the way to the endgame and beyond, while all Say'ri has going for her is Galeforce which is done better by both the kids and other units who come earlier.
The context of my message was barring children characters.

Many would disagree on the Sol thing. Chrom is average for Ch16 to Ch24, and a liability for the post game. Chrom is, by consequence, one of your few "capable" fighters in Lunatic (barring Frederick, who you have no reason to use as a primary fighter beyond ch3). He can take on some of the enemies fairly well in Ch4, but when Ch5 comes around, he starts to experience momentum. He'll get a lot of EXP for this chapter, and vastly outlevel the content. When you reach Valm, the momentum begins to slow and he's not outgrowing everything as fast as he was before.

If you are playing without DLC, Chrom starts out "necessitated" and then becomes "good" until the mid-game. Say'ri being better is not saying a lot. She can immediately switch to pegasus knight and wield a forged bronze lance if you can afford it, and she can kill things if she is being used as a pegasus knight should. If you bear with her for about ten levels, she'll become usable and able to square off with sword/lance users. Of course, the short route is to keep her as a Sword Master, and switch to Assassin later on. Lunatic boosts her stats so they stay competitive with her environment, so she is statistically able to fight.

If you are playing with DLC, of course he and just about every first gen sucks compared to the kids.

Folt

Smash Ace
The context of my message was barring children characters.

Many would disagree on the Sol thing. Chrom is average for Ch16 to Ch24, and a liability for the post game. Chrom is, by consequence, one of your few "capable" fighters in Lunatic (barring Frederick, who you have no reason to use as a primary fighter beyond ch3). He can take on some of the enemies fairly well in Ch4, but when Ch5 comes around, he starts to experience momentum. He'll get a lot of EXP for this chapter, and vastly outlevel the content. When you reach Valm, the momentum begins to slow and he's not outgrowing everything as fast as he was before.

If you are playing without DLC, Chrom starts out "necessitated" and then becomes "good" until the mid-game. Say'ri being better is not saying a lot. She can immediately switch to pegasus knight and wield a forged bronze lance if you can afford it, and she can kill things if she is being used as a pegasus knight should. If you bear with her for about ten levels, she'll become usable and able to square off with sword/lance users. Of course, the short route is to keep her as a Sword Master, and switch to Assassin later on. Lunatic boosts her stats so they stay competitive with her environment, so she is statistically able to fight.

If you are playing with DLC, of course he and just about every first gen sucks compared to the kids.
He has Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+, and can get Aggressor through DLC which makes him an p good support partner who can hang in the back, and you can give him skills like All Stats +2 and (of course) Limit Breaker to further boost his potential. And by the time Say'ri joins, he already has one S support which guarantees him a place in your army because an S Support pair owns, unless you screwed him and Lucina over and made him marry villager girl.

By the time Say'ri joins, she will lag behind because lol!support pool, and may be used if Lon'qu died or was neglected (or unless one of your other units need a quick speed boost). Furthermore, she has the misfortune of being a Swordmaster in horse-slash-armorland which is bad for her in terms of damage dealing. Second Sealing her as a Peg. Knight is a bad idea when you have much better peg. knights around: Sumia and Cordelia own (and the former can be one of Chrom's S Support partners), while Second Sealed F!Avatar and even Lissa & Maribelle are better users of Second Seals.

Holychicken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Holych1cken
Quite a trivial thought here, but I would think doing aerial smash attacks would risk a player's chance to SDI on the 3ds version or even the Wii U version (if not using the c-stick) during a trade or if you're out prioritized. Like I said, a trivial thought, but perhaps it might be something to keep in mind in the aerial game.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

Say'ri - (M) Robin, Tiki

Yeah, they're generally inferior to the rest of the cast, but Say'ri, Tiki, and Basilio are decent rally units. As rally users, they don't need supports or good stats and each learn 4 or 5 rally moves.

Hong

The Strongest
He has Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+, and can get Aggressor through DLC which makes him an p good support partner who can hang in the back, and you can give him skills like All Stats +2 and (of course) Limit Breaker to further boost his potential.
Which lessens a burden which is still a burden. That is the exact setup I and many others with the DLC run, and given the option I rather not take him at all. At best I pair him with Lucina or Cynthia (Chrom is married to Sumia for this file), as he himself has an awful support set for the post game.
By the time Say'ri joins, she will lag behind because lol!support pool, and may be used if Lon'qu died or was neglected (or unless one of your other units need a quick speed boost). Furthermore, she has the misfortune of being a Swordmaster in horse-slash-armorland which is bad for her in terms of damage dealing. Second Sealing her as a Peg. Knight is a bad idea when you have much better peg. knights around: Sumia and Cordelia own (and the former can be one of Chrom's S Support partners), while Second Sealed F!Avatar and even Lissa & Maribelle are better users of Second Seals.
Sumia = Gets to 15 Dark Flier and she has served her purpose.

Yeah, Cordelia is better than Say'ri. But she's still better than Chrom.:4dedede:

Top Bottom