• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Back when Robin wasn't confirmed I was thinking that 2 of my 3 most wanted, Ridley and Mewtwo were almost confirmed and obvious choices, while my third, Robin looked like a wild dream and i would have to resign to Chrom.

Now Robin is confirmed and i'm "hoping"that Ridley and Mewtwo made the cut... dang Robin, why you love to tip the scales so much? XD

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Back when Robin wasn't confirmed I was thinking that 2 of my 3 most wanted, Ridley and Mewtwo were almost confirmed and obvious choices, while my third, Robin looked like a wild dream and i would have to resign to Chrom.

Now Robin is confirmed and i'm "hoping"that Ridley and Mewtwo made the cut... dang Robin, why you love to tip the scales so much? XD
Ha ha, I felt kinda similar. Robin has been my #1 most wanted character since SSB4 was announced, but with Gematsu seeming to gain ground, I resigned myself to Chrom but still supported Robin while admitting his low chances (I do like Chrom though and would have mained him).

Although, my other three most wanted characters, Palutena, Mii, and the massive longshot Dark Pit (welp) seem to have treated me a little bit better than yours did. I've got my fingers crossed for Mewtwo for you and others like you! Personally, I don't feel as if Ridley would work (a bad mod of Brawl left a bad taste in my mouth), but I do understand Metroid fans' desire to have better representation and wouldn't mind giving him a spot.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Ha ha, I felt kinda similar. Robin has been my #1 most wanted character since SSB4 was announced, but with Gematsu seeming to gain ground, I resigned myself to Chrom but still supported Robin while admitting his low chances (I do like Chrom though and would have mained him).

Although, my other three most wanted characters, Palutena, Mii, and the massive longshot Dark Pit (welp) seem to have treated me a little bit better than yours did. I've got my fingers crossed for Mewtwo for you and others like you! Personally, I don't feel as if Ridley would work (a bad mod of Brawl left a bad taste in my mouth), but I do understand Metroid fans' desire to have better representation and wouldn't mind giving him a spot.
haha great for you, let's hope that we can celebrate mewtwo together with Robin. (certainly don't help me much the fact that I loved Wolf and Snake ._., at least Ike didn't got a Ridleyculous cut)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I SO want this as an alt, unlikely as it is.

SOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUTE :3

This guy's my current Robin on my second play through, too.

HES JUST SO BADASS AND ADORABLE :happysheep:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Which lessens a burden which is still a burden. That is the exact setup I and many others with the DLC run, and given the option I rather not take him at all. At best I pair him with Lucina or Cynthia (Chrom is married to Sumia for this file), as he himself has an awful support set for the post game.
Actually, I might have to disagree with you here, my luv.
Since Chrom is still valuable enough to inflict great to lethal damage late game his dual strike + and dual guard + capabilities make him to one of if not THE best male team up unit.
Those 10% may not sound like much, but they are a clearly noticeable difference in any case.

He also tends to give Strengh, Skill and Defense as team up stats. Which in 8/10 cases are more useful than the others.

Hong

The Strongest
Actually, I might have to disagree with you here, my luv.
Since Chrom is still valuable enough to inflict great to lethal damage late game his dual strike + and dual guard + capabilities make him to one of if not THE best male team up unit.
Those 10% may not sound like much, but they are a clearly noticeable difference in any case.

He also tends to give Strengh, Skill and Defense as team up stats. Which in 8/10 cases are more useful than the others.
I don't fly that way, literally. For a character to take space on the battlefield and only exist to to pair up, they should at least have wings and/or Deliverer. To not have that, Sol, or Galeforce, end-game he's mostly saved by his exclusive sword. I would never use him if I didn't have to.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Man I can't believe its already been a month and a half. I remember coming to this thread, doing the Robin thing, "I really hope so but I doubt it because gematsu" etc. So good to be a gangster. But still, current leak is now antagonist and looks to be true. Sighing face

Hong

The Strongest
It doesn't matter who the newcomers are to me anymore. Just another fool to meet the end of my Levin Sword.:4robinf:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
My excitement for Robin is high. I even did a thing:

I used the highest quality of that image I could find, I hope it turns out well.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
It doesn't matter who the newcomers are to me anymore. Just another fool to meet the end of my Levin Sword.:4robinf:
Don't get too carried away with that sword, now.
I don't think I need to remind you that you can only use it so many times. :4robinm:

Folt

Smash Ace
Which lessens a burden which is still a burden. That is the exact setup I and many others with the DLC run, and given the option I rather not take him at all. At best I pair him with Lucina or Cynthia (Chrom is married to Sumia for this file), as he himself has an awful support set for the post game.Sumia = Gets to 15 Dark Flier and she has served her purpose.

Yeah, Cordelia is better than Say'ri. But she's still better than Chrom.:4dedede:
Indeed. A burden is still a burden. Say'ri is a burden. Say'ri will not be picked over either Sumia or Cordelia unless you're doing favouritism. Say'ri will not be picked over Chrom unless you're doing favouritism either. And that is because she is a burden.

And all Chrom needs is that S Support, preferably with Sumia or Maribelle, and you already have a Pair-Up team that can contribute in Apotheosis, whether it is to deal the needed chip damage for one of your other pairs or if you need something else.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Indeed. A burden is still a burden. Say'ri is a burden. Say'ri will not be picked over either Sumia or Cordelia unless you're doing favouritism. Say'ri will not be picked over Chrom unless you're doing favouritism either. And that is because she is a burden.

And all Chrom needs is that S Support, preferably with Sumia or Maribelle, and you already have a Pair-Up team that can contribute in Apotheosis, whether it is to deal the needed chip damage for one of your other pairs or if you need something else.
Chrom and FRobin is a force to be reckoned with. Especially since both Lucina and Morgan will just be wrecking balls. Then you marry Lucina to Vaike!Inigo and Morgan to whoever!Cynthia and continue to win the game

Folt

Smash Ace
Chrom and FRobin is a force to be reckoned with. Especially since both Lucina and Morgan will just be wrecking balls. Then you marry Lucina to Vaike!Inigo and Morgan to whoever!Cynthia and continue to win the game
Or have Lucina marry an avatar son and wreck the game through that.

Reynitsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788
My excitement for Robin is high. I even did a thing:

I used the highest quality of that image I could find, I hope it turns out well.
Dude I want that poster too. I should order it.

Is Chrom x Maribelle viable? Actually it might work out if you are going for a luk based Morgan. Miracle skill maybe? Idk.

On an unrelated topic, I was being attacked by an enemy unit today in Fire Emblem Awakening with
Robin supporting Chrom
MU : "Stay Calm"
Chrom :" NOW I'M ANGRY!"

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Dude I want that poster too. I should order it.

Is Chrom x Maribelle viable? Actually it might work out if you are going for a luk based Morgan. Miracle skill maybe? Idk.

On an unrelated topic, I was being attacked by an enemy unit today in Fire Emblem Awakening with Sumia dual guarding Chrom:
Sumia *activates dual guard*
"Are you alright?"
Chrom *activates Aether*
Now I'm angry!
Probably one of the best mothers for Lucina to have if you're trying an Apotheosis run. Then you just have a Magic!Morgan (or another magic kid) marry the resulting Lucina.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Or have Lucina marry an avatar son and wreck the game through that.
I havev a really hard time justifying not marrying female robin to Chrom. Its the only way to have two Morgans with frobin

Folt

Smash Ace
I havev a really hard time justifying not marrying female robin to Chrom. Its the only way to have two Morgans with frobin
It works either way, though the person you put in front depends on if you're marrying Chrom or not.

In this case, so long as you know what you're doing, Morgan has a couple benefits if he doesn't marry Lucina.

Reynitsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788
Probably one of the best mothers for Lucina to have if you're trying an Apotheosis run. Then you just have a Magic!Morgan (or another magic kid) marry the resulting Lucina.
Oh icic. I've cleared Secret Path for TSON before, but I've never really thought about using what you've just told me. Interesting. I shall try it :3

& LOL you quoted my pre-edited post with Chrom-Sumia. I thought that was pretty funny until I decided to pair Chrom with Robin for the remainder of this dlc i'm playing. And then trollz happened and I edited my post xD

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Yeah, I used to frequent my other wanted newcomer threads, but after the Robin and Lucina reveals, they unfortunately don't matter to me as much.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Yeah, I used to frequent my other wanted newcomer threads, but after the Robin and Lucina reveals, they unfortunately don't matter to me as much.
I'm still hoping for the purple menace that is Ridley... aswell as someone it seems only i want (Phantom R from Rhythm Thief... has 100000x more rights to be in than any friggin' Rhythm Heaven character imho. He isn't just a mascot of a random minigame but a fleshed out character and you do actually FIGHT in the game (via Rhythm minigames, true). Plus he can reflect projectiles with his dance moves. With. His. Friggin. DANCEMOVES. Also DAT STYLE! ahem... back 2 Robin...)

Well Robin will let me get over any disappointement if Ridley shouldn't be playable luckily. I for one hope he won't be considered what people like top call "god tier", "s tier" etc. I hate people going all "You only play character X cause he's so broken!" on me, especially when i just play for fun. Made me stop playing Meta Knight in Brawl, and i didn't even know he was supposed to be broken, as i could care less about tier lists. I mean i sorta mained Zelda X) But that crying though. Literally worse than League of Legends QQ.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I'm still hoping for the purple menace that is Ridley... aswell as someone it seems only i want (Phantom R from Rhythm Thief... has 100000x more rights to be in than any friggin' Rhythm Heaven character imho. He isn't just a mascot of a random minigame but a fleshed out character and you do actually FIGHT in the game (via Rhythm minigames, true). Plus he can reflect projectiles with his dance moves. With. His. Friggin. DANCEMOVES. Also DAT STYLE! ahem... back 2 Robin...)

Well Robin will let me get over any disappointement if Ridley shouldn't be playable luckily. I for one hope he won't be considered what people like top call "god tier", "s tier" etc. I hate people going all "You only play character X cause he's so broken!" on me, especially when i just play for fun. Made me stop playing Meta Knight in Brawl, and i didn't even know he was supposed to be broken, as i could care less about tier lists. I mean i sorta mained Zelda X) But that crying though. Literally worse than League of Legends QQ.
I don't think you know a thing about Rhythm Heaven's impact in terms of sales, installments in every system so far since it's inception (still no 3DS or Wii U though), and the fact the series is actually First Party as opposed to Rhythm Thief being Sega.

But yea, ahem ... Robin ... I definitely don't see her getting to God tier as quickly as something like, say, Greninja, but only time will tell how people grow with the character.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I don't think you know a thing about Rhythm Heaven's impact in terms of sales, installments in every system so far since it's inception (still no 3DS or Wii U though), and the fact the series is actually First Party as opposed to Rhythm Thief being Sega.

But yea, ahem ... Robin ... I definitely don't see her getting to God tier as quickly as something like, say, Greninja, but only time will tell how people grow with the character.
I do know, i just don't think badly drawn characters with no fighting potential from a game that is but a mass of mostly uninspired rhythm minigames without so much as an ounce of plot deserve to be in this. Theatrhythm final fantasy has more plot than Rhythm Heaven. All i have seen in Rhythm heaven were badly made minigames you can get an equivalent of via free to download android apps in a better quality for the most part, and half the time the actions of the characters don't even GO with said Rhythm...and at least half of the tracks are plain BAD. So i really don't get how such a thing can gather such a fanbase. With the help of a half-decent chip-tuner and my kid sister i could make a game like this in less than half a year.

/rant. You can have your own opinion, if you will. But a bunch of black/white childrens doodles that do nothing more than awkwardly shriek most of the time have no place in a fighting game with interesting , well fleshed out characters like super smash bros, especially when there is a crapton of better choices to fit a musician/dancer/singer gimmick-character.

EDIT : TOUHOU CHARACTERS have at least 100x the personality of any existing Rhythm heaven character for cryin out loud.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUTU4OZrjzY

@1:42.

You can make out Robin using a Back Air and going through ending lag. Either it finished just in time, or the landing lag for the move is nonexistent.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=omeOylQYkuU

Looks like the 3DS tutorial video has some of Robin's moves in motion. Gonna try and find and list them all.

@0:52.

The swirling sword thing Robin does at the beginning of his in-game footage in his trailer is his Usmash.

@0:57.

Robin's Nosferatu, in the bottom row. Those caught in it go through their grab release animation upon completion.

@4:54.

Dash Attack. Straightforward.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Well... I will be honest, Shulk was one of the last leaked characters I thought I would be pleased with but he turned out to disappoint me.
But hey, Robin's in. Still buying this game of course. That and Mega Man really save the roster for me, so really I'm perfectly happy with even just those 2. :)

Hong

The Strongest
And just like that, Robin is no longer the new kid on the block. I wonder how many people are going to be changing their main?
Yes. Double the burden by adding another character I don't want to use just to compensate for another character I don't want to use.

Still a burden.:4dedede:

Folt

Smash Ace
And just like that, Robin is no longer the new kid on the block. I wonder how many people are going to be changing their main?
Yes. Double the burden by adding another character I don't want to use just to compensate for another character I don't want to use.

Given that one of the ladies is one of the best first-gen characters to take with you into Apotheosis and the other has many staff-using classes (or offensive classes too), it's not as much of a burden as you think. And they work even better on other maps.

Hong

The Strongest
Given that one of the ladies is one of the best first-gen characters to take with you into Apotheosis and the other has many staff-using classes (or offensive classes too), it's not as much of a burden as you think. And they work even better on other maps.
Pairing him up to a staff wielder is a great way of hiding him away.:4dedede:

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice

Not until they at least try him and then complain about him always running out of "ammo" during the most inconvenient times.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
We've gotten confirmation that the move he uses before facing off with Ike and Marth is indeed his Side Smash, which makes his slam into the ground his Down Smash. That's what most of us seemed to think.

It's around :05 in this video:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
No, Shulk! Shut up!
It's not "Shulk time!"
It's still "time to tip the scales!"
You have to wait your turn. :4robinm:

Top Bottom