• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

KunchieMunchie

Smash Cadet
I don't think moves are restricted to one tome. I think that all the magic attacks use the tome he is holding.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I don't think moves are restricted to one tome. I think that all the magic attacks use the tome he is holding.
Nope, each special attack is a different element and changes his tome to that. His other moves are sword moves (and only in case of either jab finisher or tilt magic) .

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I wonder what the other track for Arena Ferox will be.

I mean, Duty played there in Awakening. Perhaps an Awakening Battle Medley that encompasses all of the ablaze tracks?
I think either Conquest, Destiny or Duty would be nice, ablaze version of course.
Unless it's a medley of course, then that would be ideal :awesome:

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Actually that makes me think how much i would want a second FE stage, on both versions :awesome:
Can you imagine the rage that would cause? With only two DK and Metroid characters each and only one new stage between them, there'd be outrage!

Not that I wouldn't love anotherror FE stage or two of course!

Hong

The Strongest
Two characters and a stage is enough from Awakening IMO. No offence of course, but give us a stage for people who have been with the series for longer than two years.

That's not Coliseum.:054:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Two characters and a stage is enough from Awakening IMO. No offence of course, but give us a stage for people who have been with the series for longer than two years.

That's not Coliseum.:054:
I meant another stage from FE in general, in fact i think one from the sacred stones (3DS) and the Radiant games (Wii U) would be awesome.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
By the way Hong Hong i haven't forgotten you told me that you recorded your reaction to Robin's trailer, now it's about time we see it :awesome:

Last edited:

Maikou

Smash Ace
I can only hope for a green recolor to resemble the nonexistance Tactician from Fire Emblem 7. Seriously, what was the point? No relevance to story, not even fighting prowess? even if I was the weakest character in the game, WHY GIVE ME AN AVATAR THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?! You just can't defend that! The role of tactician in FE7 can easily bee given to Lyn and Eliwood and Hector for their stories, and NOTHING would change, besides the tutorials, which can easily be given as text box instructions.

*ahem* sorry, went off on a rant there. Anyway, I'd like a green robe and hair recolor to resemble Mark. I think having the female model a bit slimmer and slightly more..... I guess curved? more "obviously female" looking, basically, but not so much as to force the hitboxes to change. More on that, a hooded variant with robe recolors would also be very nice, especially with that intro trailer (of awesome and hype). I think adding in a Blue, Red, White and Gold recolor would also do well, to resemble the multiplayer army fights (from the GBA games, I'm not sure if they exist with any other Fire Emblems to date.....).

Hong

The Strongest
Well, I am more the sort who cares not about my favourite series or charaters being represented, so much as Smash representing as much of Nintendo as possible. In that sense, for me it's not about the number of characters, but more about series age variety (for example, retro VS newcomer), in-series variety, artistic expression, genre variety, etc.

From the beginning, I was always in the "Marth and Ike is enough" camp, but I always hated the horrible brand image Fire Emblem was getting. Now that Robin is here, I am so thankful to finally have someone who can represent such a drastically unique scope of the series.

I would have raised an eyebrow at Lucina if not for the fact she is:

1) one of the best characters in her series, many would say their favourite
2) utilizes one of the most popular fighting styles in the Smash Bros
3) took like a week to implement

I just find it is such a waste to leave out a host of amazing stage possibilities and a whole host of divine weapons. I mean gosh, why not replace the Beam Sword with a Balmung or something? Why the Ore Club instead of a Sonic Sword? It odd to see series that already have items get more items when another series has articles that could do the same thing, or more.
By the way Hong Hong i haven't forgotten you told me that you recorded your reaction to Robin, now it's about time we see it :awesome:
It was only audio, so I ditched it weeks ago.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I still want Serenes Forest as a stage. If only because I know it would look absolutely fantastic. It would also be cool if it transistion from the dead Forest to the live and thriving one, Hong came up with that idea a good while back, and during that transition the Gladr of Rebirth should be sung, overriding the current song.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I can only hope for a green recolor to resemble the nonexistance Tactician from Fire Emblem 7. Seriously, what was the point? No relevance to story, not even fighting prowess? even if I was the weakest character in the game, WHY GIVE ME AN AVATAR THAT DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?! You just can't defend that! The role of tactician in FE7 can easily bee given to Lyn and Eliwood and Hector for their stories, and NOTHING would change, besides the tutorials, which can easily be given as text box instructions.
It would change Lyn's story. Her role and relationship was pretty strong in that first chapter.

Besides, the green tactician is Robin. This is pretty much confirmed in the Smash Brethren 3 (Hee hee, Smash Bros. 3) DLC.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Honestly I know it's hoping for too much BUT I'd love if Robin (and to a much lesser extent villager) were both fully customizable. Both character would be so much better if they could actually stay true to the players actual experience with the original game. As it stands, I can't say I'm a big fan of Robin. Generic Robin is just REALLY bland to me, more bland than another "blue hair swordsman" would have been. But if I could actually use MY avatars he/she would be way more appealing. So my hopes for Robin alt costumes are simply the ability to customize them.

Otherwise hooded Robin would be a decent, but still less preferred alternative. If it's hooded you can at least imagine your version of Robin underneath. Unless you used "busty" female Robin that is.....

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
We're going to get some of the different varieties as customizations, I'm sure of that. Fully customizable? Doubtful, but it would be awesome.

I've played with enough different Robins that it doesn't really bug me.

Reynitsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788
You know, it actually does baffle me that there's no Fire Emblem items ...

What the crap man? Even just a light rune would have hilarious effects.
LOL light runes would be OP if you put it in a place so that people can't recover xD

Or there can be a "Galeforce" item that makes you go Turbo mode for a while like in Project M.

Last edited:

Into The Abyss

Smash Rookie
Hey fellow Robin fans, long time lurker and Smash fanatic here. Just wanted to pop in and make my intro by posting what I believe to be the best fanfictions staring our favorite tactician (spoilers for Awakening, please look up on ff.net as I can't post a link yet):

The Cruel Mother's Gift and Other Tales Through Time
This is a collection of what ifs and elaborations on Awakening's story. Funny and heartrending depending on the chapter. my favorite is chapter 8. This one takes place during a certain scene with Lucina and Robin. You know the one. Warning: bring tissues as this is a tear jerker.

Fire Emblem Awakening Invisible Ties
This one is a novelization/AU of Awakening with more action, drama and humor that almost makes this better than canon. Definitely worth a read.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
If there was galeforce item, I'd imagine it would make you be able to have a triple jump for a short while.

I think a good item should personify what the series is about. The Reeking Box would be a nice item, but I would go with the Rift Door. Upon using it, Anna will come out and give the player various items.

I really love the idea of an FE battle theme melee. Personally, just more FE themes from NES and SNES era would be nice.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Welcome to Smashboards, I hate tear jerkers :sadsheep:

Edit: ok sure that didn't have spoilers in it as I originally mentioned but 3 AM lol.

LOL light runes would be OP if you put it in a place so that people can't recover xD

Or there can be a "Galeforce" item that makes you go Turbo mode for a while like in Project M.
Call me insane, but I'm pretty sure Galeforce is an ability, how do you adapt that to an item?

Last edited:

Reynitsu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1950-9310-5788
If there was galeforce item, I'd imagine it would make you be able to have a triple jump for a short while.

I think a good item should personify what the series is about. The Reeking Box would be a nice item, but I would go with the Rift Door. Upon using it, Anna will come out and give the player various items.

I really love the idea of an FE battle theme melee. Personally, just more FE themes from NES and SNES era would be nice.
Maybe the Anna from TSON(Apotheosis) can come out by a low chance instead of Merchant Anna and just annihilate everyone xD. The 3rd jump thing is a lot more realistic than turbo mode as I've thought about that too, but it'll definitely be fun if they decided to implement that.

& about the galeforce thing: there are items in FEA that give you abilities (ex. Limit Breaker, 2+ All Stats) so maybe they can take that idea into making galeforce an item.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
It would change Lyn's story. Her role and relationship was pretty strong in that first chapter.

Besides, the green tactician is Robin. This is pretty much confirmed in the Smash Brethren 3 (Hee hee, Smash Bros. 3) DLC.
ACTUALLY it hints more at Morgan being said tactician. However it is still ambigous, as it should be.

Trela

Smash Lord
http://i.imgur.com/sU14QHY.jpg

I apologize in advance if I'm not allowed to post pics like this one in this sub-forum (went ahead and posted the link to it instead, just to be safe), but I think we may have our answer on Robin having customizable options from Awakening. This comes from the "Start Up Master Guide" that came out in Japan yesterday, I believe, and the first thing I did was look for the page on Robin, lol.

Translators pls tell us the secrets.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Black Mage Robin?

Like, color his hair black and his robes darker and I'd use that alt all the time. :happysheep:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
ACTUALLY it hints more at Morgan being said tactician. However it is still ambigous, as it should be.
Lyn directly recognizes Robin. What's more, she refers to Robin by gender, and the gender she uses to refer to Robin changes based on the gender you chose. Thus, canonically, the tactician in Awakening and Robin are the same gender (which means it can't be Morgan, because Morgan cannot be the same gender as Robin), and are similar enough in appearance to convince the one person who knew Rekka No Ken's tactician best that they're the same person, even if you tell her that you don't remember any of it.

You also have the option to make Robin remember the adventures in Lycia, which just kind of puts a seal on the whole thing. If Robin can remember the adventure, Robin is the tactician from Rekka No Ken.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Lyn directly recognizes Robin. What's more, she refers to Robin by gender, and the gender she uses to refer to Robin changes based on the gender you chose. Thus, canonically, the tactician in Awakening and Robin are the same gender (which means it can't be Morgan, because Morgan cannot be the same gender as Robin), and are similar enough in appearance to convince the one person who knew Rekka No Ken's tactician best that they're the same person, even if you tell her that you don't remember any of it.

You also have the option to make Robin remember the adventures in Lycia, which just kind of puts a seal on the whole thing. If Robin can remember the adventure, Robin is the tactician from Rekka No Ken.
Heh, i sought it out a few weeks ago and it said pretty much the opposite...propably failed finding a reliable source hard then. I'll see it in my playthrough for myself (if somebody could just tell me how in the world hard mode is "too easy", i cannot win the story mode in Ylisse castle without one character dying despite having abused the EXPonential growth DLC map to get all my characters to level 16 if my live depended on it... i cannot see how you could possibly do it without means of farming up characters). So getting to a stage where i can win said DLC map will propably take ages. Also i need a crapton of Seals cause by now i have 9 lvl 20 characters...and only one master seal...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Heh, i sought it out a few weeks ago and it said pretty much the opposite...propably failed finding a reliable source hard then. I'll see it in my playthrough for myself (if somebody could just tell me how in the world hard mode is "too easy", i cannot win the story mode in Ylisse castle without one character dying despite having abused the EXPonential growth DLC map to get all my characters to level 16 if my live depended on it... i cannot see how you could possibly do it without means of farming up characters). So getting to a stage where i can win said DLC map will propably take ages. Also i need a crapton of Seals cause by now i have 9 lvl 20 characters...and only one master seal...
If you do the Harvest Scramble map, you can get a free Master Seal from the boss of the mission. It's the easiest of the Scramble Pack DLCs, and you should be able to complete it at your level.

If you want to get an extra boost to your characters, find a friend with the game and have them set up their StreetPass shop with some stat boosters and seals. That way you can buy some extras every time you StreetPass them (it made maxing some characters stats go much faster for me, Vaike has horrible Res).

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
If you do the Harvest Scramble map, you can get a free Master Seal from the boss of the mission. It's the easiest of the Scramble Pack DLCs, and you should be able to complete it at your level.

If you want to get an extra boost to your characters, find a friend with the game and have them set up their StreetPass shop with some stat boosters and seals. That way you can buy some extras every time you StreetPass them (it made maxing some characters stats go much faster for me, Vaike has horrible Res).
Ty for the tips. Master Seal(s) will be nice to have for the pegasi knights, just so they have galeforce before i do their S-supports. I just need a second seal for Robin ASAP so i can reclass into thief, get them "naisu" skills, go assasin, get execute and then try and get a Dread Scroll to become his finishing class. I don't really care too much about ignus anyway, because i selected luck as worst stat...

Aaand now, BTT!

I'm all for a Dark Mage outfit, aswell as Dread Fighter... (although i do not get how the Dread Fighter in Awakening didn't get flagged for copyright infringement, i mean the Naruto guys even made Overkill take out the Naruto inspired mask from Payday 2, and Dreadfighter looks so much like an Anbu its not even funny). Well the thing i'd love the most would be getting colours swaps that only swap hair colours... I want my darkl crimson haired Robin in smash (reason should be clear, hint, look at my forum avatar).

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm all for a Dark Mage outfit, aswell as Dread Fighter... (although i do not get how the Dread Fighter in Awakening didn't get flagged for copyright infringement, i mean the Naruto guys even made Overkill take out the Naruto inspired mask from Payday 2, and Dreadfighter looks so much like an Anbu its not even funny). Well the thing i'd love the most would be getting colours swaps that only swap hair colours... I want my darkl crimson haired Robin in smash (reason should be clear, hint, look at my forum avatar).
The Dread Fighter is not directly inspired by Naruto. That mask design and the overall character design are used a lot in Japanese culture.

Dread Fighter is a bit too sparkly, though. :)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Maybe the Anna from TSON(Apotheosis) can come out by a low chance instead of Merchant Anna and just annihilate everyone xD. The 3rd jump thing is a lot more realistic than turbo mode as I've thought about that too, but it'll definitely be fun if they decided to implement that.

& about the galeforce thing: there are items in FEA that give you abilities (ex. Limit Breaker, 2+ All Stats) so maybe they can take that idea into making galeforce an item.
I would love it if that happens.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

2) utilizes one of the most popular fighting styles in the Smash Bros
3) took like a week to implement
This is one of my favorite posts that I've seen about this matter. It's all so true, especially that last point. And, Marth has been a fan favorite since Melee, so giving us another version of him isn't entirely out of the question.

Concerning the items, I've heard people talking about Tiki's Tear. It could boost your stats kinda like how Victini works. Back when I first saw mention of it, we never had a stat changing item other than the much more basic speed boost of the Bunny Hood and weight boost of the Metal Box, but after Victini and Xerneas, it wouldn't be out of the question.

I had wanted Levin Sword myself, but we all saw what happened to that... The Javelin or Throwing Axe could work well too, especially since those two weapon types haven't been shown in Smash yet.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

It's sad that sometimes you can't see this one point from the beginning due to unfamiliarity with the game/series.

See: My story I've said countless times.

Top Bottom