• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Well, at least the thread for one of my favorite newcomers is safe from the chaos that engulfs every other thread. Let's tip our scales - uh, glasses - to this safe haven. Tbh even if the leak is real (It's not btw) I don't care cause Robin's in and that feels surreal enough as it is.
So anyway...
All of Smashboards is up in arms with the concept of a new leak.

Meanwhile, in the Robin thread
I love how in this image Inigo is trying to hit on Libra :p

Folt

Smash Ace
Y'know? I actually thought up a second version of, well, how I'd be in Awakening, this one's is very suitable as a lategame antagonist (and also still as a secret recruitable endgame character). It uses a custom class of my own design so it's probably rather unbalanced, but I'll post it anyway:

Name: Folt
Class: Necromancer
Class Options: Necromancer, Dark Mage, Wyvern Rider
Starting Skills: Summon Lich, Animate Dead, Vantage, Wrath, Luna
Starting Equipment: Folt Bolt (Thunder magic, usable by Folt only), Nosferatu, Ruin

Stat Cap Modifications:
Strength -1, Magic +4, Skill +3, Speed +0, Luck +0, Defense -2, Resistance -2 (Total: +2)
Starting Stats: Great HP, low Strength, great Magic and Skill, okay Speed but the worst out of all Spotpass units, lowish Luck, good Defense, and decent Resistance. Gets bonuses to bases on Hard and Lunatic.
Stat Growths:
HP: 45%, Strength: 30%, Magic: 45%, Skill: 45%, Speed: 35%, Luck: 30%, Defense: 40%, Resistance: 30% (Total: 300%)
Weapon Ranks:
Sword: E, Lance: E, Axe: E, Bow: E, Tome: A, Staff: E

Folt Bolt

Type: Tome (Thunder)
Mt: 9
Hit: 95
Crit: 15
Range: 1~2
Uses: 30
Other: Folt only. Allows wielder to attack twice. Cannot be forged.

Necromancer

Level Cap: 30
Movement: 6
Usable Weapons: Tome + Dark

Class Caps:
HP: 80, Strength: 30, Magic: 45, Skill: 40, Speed: 40, Luck: 45, Defense: 35, Resistance: 45

Class Growths:
HP: 45%, Strength: 0%, Magic: 20%, Skill: 15%, Speed: 15%, Luck: 0%, Defense: 10%, Resistance: 15% (Total: 120%)

Class Skills:
Lv. 1: Summon Lich
Summons a Lich unit. The Lich's level (and power) depends on the level of the unit with this skill. Only one Lich per user of this skill can be at the field at any time, and a unit cannot summon a Lich if it causes the unit's respective army's amount of units to exceed 50 units. The Lich can be directed by the player. The Lich cannot trade or pair up with anyone, and cannot be Dual Guarded or do Dual Guards, but can execute Dual Strikes. If the Lich defeats an enemy with a droppable item, that item is immediately transferred to the Convoy.
Lv. 15: Animate Dead
Revives generic enemy units (units that don't have unique names and who aren't designated as bosses; basically any unit who are just named after their nation or are Risen who aren't bosses can be revived in this manner; the Deadlords count as having unique names, even if there are multiples of them) into 1 HP NPCs (green units) upon death. The skill has a %Skill chance of activating. Enemy gains a Risen appearance if theyre not already a Risen. The NPC unit will attack the closest enemy unit until killed or the map objective is reached. If this particular NPC unit (or units) kills an enemy with a droppable item, the item is automatically transferred to the Convoy. If a unit with this skill is an enemy unit, this skill instead turns generic NPC units into enemy units with a 100% chance. The skill will not work if the unit's respective army has reached 50 units.

Based on: Sorcerer: Necromancer has 1 point better Magic and Resistance and slightly better Skill in exchange for a huge drop in Defense. Stat growths are equal, but with better Resistance growth.

Lich

Level Cap: 30
Movement: 6
Usable Weapons: Axe, Tome
Weapon Ranks: Varies from D to A, but they are at least as high as they need to be for the Lich to use their weapons.

Starting weapons: Picked randomly among these, and include one from each weapon type: Iron Axe, Steel Axe, Silver Axe, Killer Axe, Hand Axe, Short Axe, Tomahawk, Fire, Elfire, Arcfire, Bolganone, Thunder, Elthunder, Arcthunder, Thoron, Wind, Elwind, Arcwind, Rexcalibur

Starting Stats:
Slightly low for a typical Lv. 11 unit sans HP which is rather high, but generally decent Strength and Magic and low Luck with the other stats in-between.

Class Caps
HP: 80, Strength: 40, Magic: 40, Skill: 35, Speed: 35, Luck: 45, Defense: 40, Resistance: 40. The Lich has no modifications.

Character Growths (A Lich's real starting stats are equal to Lv. 1 starting stats + a chance for growth every level above 1, using the combined total of these growths):
HP: 100%, Strength: 95%, Magic: 90%, Skill: 70%, Speed: 60%, Luck: 55%, Defense: 60%, Resistance: 45% (Total: 575%)
Class Growths:
HP: 50%, Strength: 30%, Magic: 20%, Skill: 20%, Speed: 15%, Luck: 0%, Defense: 15%, Resistance: 15% (Total: 165%)

I'm having way too much fun with this.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I'm sure some of you have already talked about this but I'm not willing to look through 30 pages to find out. :p

Anyway, what is the consensus on these two moves?

Someone I know assumed they were a jab and a tilt while I was hoping for something different.
I interpreted it as the special attacks modifying his jab. Its hard to tell but it looks like Robin takes the same swing from his top left shoulder to bottom right hip before using magic, which then may be determined by the tome he already has out.

Anyone want to shine any light on this?
I made a post about it a little while ago: http://smashboards.com/threads/robi...scussion-phase-1.361031/page-31#post-17237015

The gist of it is, it's extremely likely they are the same 'base' move (whether its a jab or tilt or whatever) that gets modified somehow. The most likely theory making the rounds is that the combo 'finisher' element is based off of your current tome.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Guys, anyone know the source of this?
Or is it just one page? It's for research.
Something about your avatar being young smirking Ike with sunglasses really makes me question your "research." :p

It's a relief to know that despite a questionable "leak" dominating all discussion for potential newcomers and throwing their fates up into the air, our beloved Robin remains safe from all that. Robin is in the game, and no "leak," whether it be that of a roster, Chrom, or even Gematsu, can change that.
I feel the same- I quite honestly couldn't care less about the rest of the roster at the moment. Yeah, it'd be sad to see some vets cut and I'm not 100% behind some of the newcomer leaks and ideas, but I already have my three most wanted characters confirmed (Robin, Palutena and Mii) and two bonus characters that I couldn't have dreamed of (Lucina and Rosalina). I am content.

Also, about Robin, I thought that it was too good to be true. I sat in bed several nights after his reveal pinching myself to make sure that I wouldn't wake up from this incredible dream.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I drew up this in some free time. Enjoy the process of me liking this character along with Lucina.

zomgoodness.jpg

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I drew up this in some free time. Enjoy the process of me liking this character along with Lucina.

Ha, glad to see you've come around! I was kinda like that with Greninja- I hated his design and was so disappointed when XY came out, but I decided to give him a shot around February. He is a beast and I really started liking him just before the April Direct. Sometimes you've just got to give characters a chance. My cousin refuses to give FE:A a chance despite him owning it, but he kept losing units before Ch. 5 in Hard mode so I guess FE really isn't for him (or he's not deserving of FE).

Hong

The Strongest
Anyone else remember that time when Robin was revealed along with Lucina and Captain Falcon?

Hong

The Strongest
I remember feeling like everything i could have asked for, and more, was spilled out before my eyes. It went beyond even the fabric of dreams.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I remember feeling like everything i could have asked for, and more, was spilled out before my eyes. It went beyond even the fabric of dreams.
That's what I was terrified of. My best friend was out of town so I couldn't even fanboy with him, so I had hype filling me up for the whole week until he got home. I sat in bed at night just thinking 'This can't be happening. They didn't read my mind. There's no way that he's exactly what I wanted and more.' Then I watched the trailer on repeat as I went to sleep and woke up and checked the site the first thing in the morning to make sure that he was still there.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
The cinematic was so amazing...
That feeling when:

And then:

Didn't even feel that hyped when Mega Man was shown.

Hong

The Strongest
I actually think Mr. Sakurai enjoyed Awakening a lot. I don't think he had to play the game just for research purposes. Everything about Robin just screams bias. So much awesome in the character... like he was sitting there and playing Awakening and thinking "Oh we could make the character based on this, oh that would be such a cool idea, oh Robin would be great for some of the ideas I have had sitting in my mind." I mean gosh, it's a huge honour for ANY character to square off against Falcon in full HD like that. Sakurai enjoys that character a lot, as do the fans, and it showed.

D

Deleted member

Anyone else remember that time when Robin was revealed along with Lucina and Captain Falcon?
Yes, and I regret not hyping myself for it.
I just remember thinking, "I just said that I was going to support Robin yesterday! This is crazy!"
However, I've been hyped for him over and over again by seeing his trailer multiple times, especially grinning over when he finally shows up to stop Falcon and says "Time to tip the scales!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was like:

Real amazing trailer for three amazing characters from amazing games (even though I never touched an F-Zero title besides the 40 sec demo in Brawl) in an amazing game. How many times have I said the word amazing?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I was like:

Real amazing trailer for three amazing characters from amazing games (even though I never touched an F-Zero title besides the 40 sec demo in Brawl) in an amazing game. How many times have I said the word amazing?

And that's not enough.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I was so hyped that I drew a couple of pictures of Robin from the trailer- and I haven't drawn anything in about 7 years! I'll dig around and see if I can find them...

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
While for me it didn't reach the hype levels Palutena did, Robin's trailer was by far the most surprising and unbelievable.

Robin was always such a good idea and the moment it came up I was in love with it, but even during the most optimistic moments did I imagine it could happen.
I was so certain it'd be chrom who'd have a shot over Lucina and Robin, and it was the opposite.

Still remember the instant I saw Elwind just thinking " Holy ****, Robin? This is actually happening? Holy **** there's the sword and the robe."
Then entirely lost it when he said "Time to tip the scales!"

Really, after this I can't really complain about the roster.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Haha, as much as I wanted Robin and thought s/he had a very good chance, I tend to be a bit pessimistic about characters that I want. So I saw the Elwind, and I was thinking "OH MY GOD SAKURAI'S FAKING US OUT, ISN'T HE!?!? WHO ELSE CAN USE GREEN ENERGY BLASTS..." And then I saw the robe and I was thinking "OH MY GOD IT IS ROBIN THIS ISN'T REALLY HAPPENING SOMEONE PINCH ME!!!!!" And then I heard "It's going to be alright" and just started laughing uncontrollably with joy.

It was amazing, and I'm so proud to have been one of the longtime supporters who stuck with Robin, even through the Gematsu leaks everyone said were bible. Y'all tacticians are awesome.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
This is work by オトカ' (Otoka Hisagi). This comic is standalone and only one page, but they have a lot of Awakening-related work. I did a translation on it somewhere.
Thanks, I really like the art style.

I remember being out of my city when the trailer started, I took my phone out to see it. My stream got stuck in the part where Lucina shows up. I was hyped because I thought it was Chrom's trailer, only to check the page again to see the newcomer banners. I later saw the trailer and couldn't believe what happened.
After a few days I got used to the deChromfirmation and was able to see the trailer in a different view. The "It's going to be all right" was really badass and was happy to see all the Fire Emblem stuff. You could tell Sakurai really liked Awakening and did his best to have the 3 main characters represented.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
That Elwind was outstanding. I have been supporting Robin since pre-E3 2013 but had recently started losing hope. However, I kept holding on to hope and even joked about praying over my FE:A box to "summon" him the day of the trailer. When Lucina was revealed I was excited, but the moment that I saw the Elwind, I knew who it was and lost it.

Folt

Smash Ace
I was rather meh on Lucina, but then Robin appeared with all the spells and all was right in the world.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
>Few seconds before trailer started
>See Chrom and Lucina in trailer
>Lucina confirmed without Chrom
>Elwind strike that looked like Monado Purge.
>Robin floating there
>Robin floats down
>"Time to tip the sca-"
>Robin Brings the Thunder!!

Basically my reactions in sequence. :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Nah, you'll yet it today :troll:

But only if you pledge yourself to be reduced to Final Smash. :troll:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With Smash Run music being customized, who will be playing Smash Run as Robin with Id (Purpose) playing? :awesome:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
With Smash Run music being customized, who will be playing Smash Run as Robin with Id (Purpose) playing? :awesome:
So much of this. I was worried that they'd cut out the later part of Id (Purpose) because it's such a long song and the end was my favorite part, but I was very happy to hear that at Comic Con the song is there in its entirety. The best part will hit around 3:33 in Smash Run and will calm down before the five minutes are up. I'm also looking forward to stock matches that typically end around the four minute mark in my house (4 stock, 3 players)- the song will be at the perfect place to end the match at.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So much of this. I was worried that they'd cut out the later part of Id (Purpose) because it's such a long song and the end was my favorite part, but I was very happy to hear that at Comic Con the song is there in its entirety. The best part will hit around 3:33 in Smash Run and will calm down before the five minutes are up. I'm also looking forward to stock matches that typically end around the four minute mark in my house (4 stock, 3 players)- the song will be at the perfect place to end the match at.
Wait, the Comic Con demo had the full song? I thought it was the same as the E3 demo...

Do you have a video or something?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
It's not the complete song, unfortunately.

They cut out certain parts of the song to make it shorter for this game, and I have no idea why.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Grr, I hadn't realized that. I guess that I was mostly looking out for that part around 30 seconds left in their match. I'm glad that that part is there nonetheless. Sorry for the false alarm.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'd rather put on Trainer Battle from X & Y myself most of the time, regardless of character - maybe because Global Battles in X & Y has me to that competitive "destroy them all"-feel.

But goshers, Id - Purpose gives me so much feels, such emotional and uplifting tune... not feeling keen on using it in Smash Run. Arena Ferox though, boy, I'm gonna feel so home there. The song wouldn't be more perfect for the stage and heightens the atmosphere there to very timeless feel.

I'm especially not fan of the song being somewhat cut around the middle, even if the original song was kinda long - the cut part using that piece from Id - Sorrow or Id - Serenity just strikes right to the core...

Unfortunately I don't expect them to add the full length one to the final build, since Smash has edited or clipped some existing songs reused to the stages before (Shotgun Kiss comes to mind from Brawl)

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'd rather put on Trainer Battle from X & Y myself most of the time, regardless of character - maybe because Global Battles in X & Y has me to that competitive "destroy them all"-feel.
That song is pretty awesome and is going right on my Smash Run playlist.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Unfortunately I don't expect them to add the full length one to the final build, since Smash has edited or clipped some existing songs reused to the stages before (Shotgun Kiss comes to mind from Brawl)
I thought the F-Zero GX songs alternated between their normal versions and final lap versions...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I thought the F-Zero GX songs alternated between their normal versions and final lap versions...
Well it's not as drastic as here, but they cut the little loop-backs on the song again quite abruptly to me. I love the OST-versions from the original games, they were more seamless. (-l^l)

Nah, you'll yet it today :troll:

But only if you pledge yourself to be reduced to Final Smash. :troll:
More like having no choice better than FS.

Someone faked a Mega Flygon-reveal in a video to me (I just barely avoided that RickRoll). But goodness, I took a deep breath and felt like getting burned by hype.

Is that how you guys felt? Must have been beyond awesome. I hope I get to feel that legitly one day...

Mind you, I was spoiled by the surprise of Palutena due seeing her video after the E3 (internet being cut from my house... so went to the library), still, was kinda hyped. But I need more footage and stuff about her because right now the stuff in her E3-trailer kinda wore off in awesomeness. Also you guys broke through the borders of expectations, so it was basically complete triumph. Palutena was merely a lock compared to Robin... kinda feels less awesome of a reveal now because that, I mean biasment from Sakurai + the screenshot leak. When compared to here, I'm bit envious of you guys - it must had been once-in-a-life-time experience.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

But goshers, Id - Purpose gives me so much feels, such emotional and uplifting tune... not feeling keen on using it in Smash Run. Arena Ferox though, boy, I'm gonna feel so home there. The song wouldn't be more perfect for the stage and heightens the atmosphere there big-time.

I'm especially not fan of it the song being somewhat cut around the middle, even if the original song was kinda long - the cut part using that piece from Id - Sorrow or Id - Serenity just strikes right to the core...

If I use a Pokemon song, I'm going with the Champion theme.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Is that how you guys felt? Must have been beyond awesome. I hope I get to feel that legitly one day...

Mind you, I was spoiled by the surprise of Palutena due seeing her video after the E3 (internet being cut from my house... so went to the library), still, was kinda hyped. But I need more footage and stuff about her because right now the stuff in her E3-trailer kinda wore off in awesomeness. Also you guys broke through the borders of expectations, so it was basically complete triumph. Palutena was merely a lock compared to Robin... kinda feels less awesome of a reveal now because that, I mean biasment from Sakurai + the screenshot leak. I'm bit envious of you guys.
Beyond beyond awesome (like "Click's" Bed Bath and Beyond Beyond). I would have been a little put off if it was just Lucina, Marth, and Ike, but the inclusion of Robin made me both excited for Robin, who looked fantastic, and accepting of Lucina, who I really like and now was just a bonus character.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Id~Purpose being cut down makes sense to me, due to a complete loop being almost 4 minutes long. No other song in Smash reaches that length, with second place going to Brawl Brinstar at roughly 3.5 minutes, and that's with the vocal intro included. And with Smash 3DS, shortcuts were going to be made.

I may not use any Fire Emblem music in Smash Run, but if Live and Learn gets moved over to the Smash 3DS for Smash Run or is the second song on Green Hill Zone anyway.........='D

Last edited:
Top Bottom