• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but what if the FE characters all had special support conversations with each other at the FE stages? Like Snake's codec conversations but FE style. Since there's a chance Snake might not return, it would be good if there was other codec type of conversations.
Robin (M) and Lucina: The tragedy of having to fight a comrade, but with tension
Ike and Marth: Comparing the challenges they faced in their games.
Ike and Robin (M and F): Talking about meeting Priam, Ike's descendent
Ike and Lucina: Maybe talking about the history of their swords (ragnell and the falchion)
Marth and Robin (M and F): Robin trying to live up to legend of the Hero King.
Robin (F) and Lucina: The tragedy of having to fight a comrade, but with more tension
Lucina and Marth: Obviously this:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but what if the FE characters all had special support conversations with each other at the FE stages? Like Snake's codec conversations but FE style. Since there's a chance Snake might not return, it would be good if there was other codec type of conversations.
Robin (M) and Lucina: The tragedy of having to fight a comrade, but with tension
Ike and Lucina: Maybe talking about the history of their swords (ragnell and the falchion)
Robin (F) and Lucina: The tragedy of having to fight a comrade, but with more tension
YOU FORGOT THE BEST ONE!
Robin (M) and Robin (F): Talking about how they're the same person but swapped genders.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I'm sure some of you have already talked about this but I'm not willing to look through 30 pages to find out. :p

Anyway, what is the consensus on these two moves?

Someone I know assumed they were a jab and a tilt while I was hoping for something different.
I interpreted it as the special attacks modifying his jab. Its hard to tell but it looks like Robin takes the same swing from his top left shoulder to bottom right hip before using magic, which then may be determined by the tome he already has out.

Anyone want to shine any light on this?

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I'm sure some of you have already talked about this but I'm not willing to look through 30 pages to find out. :p

Someone I know assumed they were a jab and a tilt while I was hoping for something different.
I interpreted it as the special attacks modifying his jab. Its hard to tell but it looks like Robin takes the same swing from his top left shoulder to bottom right hip before using magic, which then may be determined by the tome he already has out.

The idea we settled with is that the book you currently hold changes the last hit of the jab. Side special is ArcFire, thats already 100% proven.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Yeah, I think most people agreed on both pictures being the jab modified by tomes. Which is pretty neat, if you ask me.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Stupid alert eating monster....

Which character has your favourite battle dialogue?

Mine would definitely be Lucina. So strong, yet compassionate. The voice work does a great job of sounding sincere while conveying her warm and tender heart beneath such a fierce resolve without sounding off.

She is way ahead of anyone else, but I like Cynthia as well, just because she is obnoxiously adorable. Maribelle deserves a mention for her own brand of charm.
Olivia. Bet you didn't see that coming. I like the compassion she has for the enemy, I like her resolve to de her best despite think of herself as useless, and the way she supports those who she is partnered with.

Henry is a close second. He's just so direct with such a go happy attitude.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Well, we don't know for certain, but my take on it is that it's Robin's standard jab, and that the finishing blow changes depending on the held tome. The other possibility is that one is the finished and another (like that fire blast) is a tilt. While that's definitely possible, that would mean that the tomes do not have to match the attack being used before it's actually used; for example, you would be able to use the wind finisher if you last used a Thunder tome. In that case, that would mean that in both of these clips you've provided, they deliberately had Robin hold the properly corresponding tome before the attack was used, despite it not being necessary.

So based on the tomes matching the attack before it's actually used, it would seem that the finisher of the jab is based on what tome Robin is currently holding. Personally, I'm hopeful that this is the case, because that's a really cool thing that only Robin can do. I'm also curious as to what the other tomes may change the finisher to; if Fire is a small blast with good knockback, and Wind is rapid slashing that sends the opponent up at the end, what could the other elements do? I assume that Thunder could briefly stun the opponent or something along those lines, but I can't guess what Dark could be. I'm looking forward to finding out more about all this.

Folt

Smash Ace
I'm thinking the Thunder finisher could have a sweet-spot that can end up KOing opponents hit by it, to reference the fact that Thunder get crit bonuses in the FE games.

I have no idea what Dark could be.

(Also, hoping that his tilts too make use of tomes as a part of the attack so we can have more attacks with different magic finishers.)

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848

one theory that seems most likely is that he simply has two options for his jab (like melee link or brawl pit) where if you hold the attack button down he will do a rapid jab, while if you just tap it normally it will have the 3hit jab combo

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Somehow 90% of my alerts are from this and Lucina's thread.

Drakonis wrote many legendary exploits on the Smashboards, but accounts of his origins and character varied. Scholars, poets, and bards agreed on two things alone—Hong is still adorable and Drakonis loved Robin and their Smashboards Community above all else.
Best fan fiction ever. We need a whole thread for dis and I want in even as a cameo :3

Last edited:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Here is another art showing what their interaction would be :

Source : http://www.deviantart.com/#/art/New-Icon-Again-476360421?hf=1

Hong

The Strongest
You are now a Fire Emblem: Awakening character.

What is your name?
What is your main class?
What are your possible subclasses?
What are your stats like?
What is your quirk? (Such as how Lon'qu is the greatest potato peeler, Kellam is the tallest at the table, etc.)

Name:
Class:
Subclass:
Stats:
Quirk:

I'll go.

Name: Esmoire
Class: Cleric
Subclass: Knight, Archer
Stats: High HP, decent Def, decent Res, good Spd, lower Mag and Str
Quirk: The local fencing champion. (For bonus irony, lacking any sword-wielding classes barring Bow Knightt. :b)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Bridging off this, have we seen Robin's dash attack yet? That could be another move that potentially changes based on his currently equipped tome.

D

Deleted member

What is your name?
What is your main class?
What is your quirk? (Such as how Lon'qu is the greatest potato peeler, Kellam is the tallest at the table, etc.)

Name:
Class:
Subclass:
Stats:
Quirk:

I'll go.

Quirk: The local fencing champion. (For bonus irony, lacking any sword-wielding classes barring Bow Knightt. :b)
I'll go for this.

Name: Brawler610
Class: Tactician
Subclass: Dark Mage, Thief, Myrmidon
Stats: High Magic, Good Speed, Decent HP, Resistance, Skill, and Strength, Low Luck and Defense.
Quirk: The one that is most likely alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
All classes, including Lord, Tactician, Dancer, Taguel, Manakete, Bride, Dread Fighter... choose as you please. :4robinf:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

What is your name?
What is your main class?

Name:
Class:
Subclass:
Stats:
Quirk:

I'll go.

Name : Shiki
Class : Tactician
Subclasses : Myrmeidon, Thief, Dark Mage
Stats: Above average in everything except luck, master in none, mediocre luck.
Quirk: Posessing Shadowgift, because born half demon (there should be demons if there is a demon lord...if not, replace with "imbued with dark magic before birth")

On a side note, it is complete BS Robin doesn't have Shadowgift, what with him being of the Grima bloodline and Valldar being his father and all.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

What is your name?
What is your main class?

Name:
Class:
Subclass:
Stats:
Quirk:

I'll go.

Name: Frostwraith
Class: Dark Mage (pre-promoted as Dark Knight)
Subclass: Mage, Myrmidon
Stats: Lower HP, good Str, high Mag, decent Skill, high Speed, decent Luck, lower Def and Res. Also has the Shadowgift skill.
Quirk: Rumored to actually be some sort of phantom beneath the cloak. (Would have a huge cloak covering the face except for the glowing red eyes and the models would be especially made to avoid any skin exposure.)

Starting equipment: Steel Sword (equipped), Nosferatu, Elfire
Default skillset: Hex, Anathema, Shadowgift

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

What is your name?
What is your main class?
Name: Liquid
Class: Dark Mage
Subclass: Batman Dark Knight
Recruit Condition: Defeat Liquid in a one on one battle in his Sanctuary.
Stats: Glass Cannon: average HP, high Mag, average Skill, high Speed, stunted Res and Def, plus Shadowgift.
Personality: A quiet person, who rarely smiles and/or converses but has a heart of gold, whose stature combined with his calm, silent demeanor puts off many of his allies. Anger him and he's able to put you in your place. Painfully.
Quirk: Quick to stop and overly analyze a situation.

The personality describes myself in real life.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
I'm just gonna go a step further and outline about how I'd be exactly (or close to exact) as an Awakening unit:

Name: Folt
What he'd be: Plegian noble studying necromancy.
Personality: Forceful, can hold grudges for a long time, tends to bottle up anger, somewhat lazy but effective once he puts his mind to it.
Appearance: Male with medium green hair and tan skin, wearing a white shirt with a green vest, and black pants. Has a dark-green cape with skull-shaped shoulderpads.
Class: Sorcerer (unique model based on his appearance, would probably be a Spotpass Paralogue character at Lv. 20)
Class Options: Dark Mage (Main class tree, Sorcerer and Dark Knight), Mage (Sage and Dark Knight), Wyvern Rider (Wyvern Lord and Griffon Rider)
Quirk: The most knowledgeable about human anatomy.
Recruit: Enemy Boss for first half of the Paralogue. Talk to him (by using Talk command), then defeat him. He will appear as an NPC unit for the second half if you did it right, and you only need to Talk once more with him or have him survive the Paralogue to get him afterwards.

Stat Caps: -1 Strength, +1 Magic, +3 Skill, +3 Speed, -1 Defense, -3 Res. (Sorcerer caps: 29 Str, 45 Mag, 41 Skill, 43 Spd, 45 Luck, 40 Def, 41 Res, add 10 to all if Limit Breaker is equipped)
Starting Stats: Good HP, low strength, great magic and skill, ok speed, decent luck and defense. Resistance is the worst out of all Spotpass Paralogue units. (Gains bonuses on Hard and Lunatic modes due to late recruitment.)
Growth Rates (add class growth rates on top of these): HP: 45%, Strength 30%, Magic 40%, Skill 45%, Speed 35%, Luck 40%, Def 35%, Res 30% (Total 300%)
Skillset: Comes with a skillset containing 2 class skills and three skills that are normally unawailable, like Priam. (Vengeance, Tomebreaker, Vantage, Wrath, and Luna)

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Lemme add to mine : Class would be necromancer but sadly that doesn't exist in FE:A. And from what i have seen, the FE necromancers don't come close to my idea of one, anyway.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Bridging off this, have we seen Robin's dash attack yet? That could be another move that potentially changes based on his currently equipped tome.
We have yet to see Robin's dash attack.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Name:
Class:
Subclass:
Stats:
Quirk:
I was waiting for something like this.

Name: Kenith
Class: Mercenary (Hero by default)
Subclass: Dark Mage, Wyvern Rider, Myrmidon
Stats: high HP, okay Str, high Mag, excellent Skl, poor Def, okay Res, excellent Spd, poor Lck.
Quirk: Likes to tell jokes and hum for himself.

Starting equipment: Levin Sword, Silver Sword
Starting skillset: Armsthrift, Patience

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Name: Jona Drakonis
Class: Mercenary
Subclass: Myrmidon, Tactician, Manateke
Stats: high HP, high Strength, medium Magic, high Skill, poor Speed, great Luck, medium Defence, low Resistance
Quirk: Very optimistic and friendly, but keeps to himself since he's very shy in large groups of strangers. Likes a good drink to get over that. Never gives up.
Starting skills: Vengeance, Armsthrift

Wanted not to use 3 subclasses but eh. I like magic knights and Dragons too much.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
These are fun.

Name: Fire
Class: Myrmidon (with a special Swordmaster outfit)
Subclasses: Archer, Mage
Stats: Natural high Magic and Speed growths in all classes (So ideally I'd be a good Levin Sword Swordmaster)
Quirk: The best chess player in the army.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
These are fun.
Name: Fire
Class: Myrmidon (with a special Swordmaster outfit)
Subclasses: Archer, Mage
Stats: Natural high Magic and Speed growths in all classes (So ideally I'd be a good Levin Sword Swordmaster)
Quirk: The best chess player in the army.
Name is Fire Tactician
Is a Myrmidon
?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Name: Wee the man
Class: Trickster
Subclasses: Paladin, Berserker
Stats: Natural high Speed and Defense
Quirk: Always tries to make everyone laugh, but protects friends if necessary or even goes berserk when the situation demands it.

Starting equipment: Rescue staff, Goddess staff, Sol.
Starting Skills: Defender, Deliverer, Wrath.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Got a question again : At what level can you start to "abuse" the EXP and Gold grind DLC maps? I just saw reeking boxes cost a whooping 4800 G on hard... urgh. But i really don't want to start up the DLC map and get slammed in the face either...

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Got a question again : At what level can you start to "abuse" the EXP and Gold grind DLC maps? I just saw reeking boxes cost a whooping 4800 G on hard... urgh. But i really don't want to start up the DLC map and get slammed in the face either...
I think the easiest enemies on the Exp map are level 10, but you can do it a bit earlier since there is no chance of death other than the level 30 counter enemies and general retaliation - the enemies won't attack you by themselves.
No idea about the Gold map, haven't bought it.

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Oh, are we doing this now? Neat.

Name: Minato
Class: Tactician
Subclasses: Myrmidon, Mercenary, Dark Mage
Stats: Average HP, good Strength and average Magic, high Speed, Luck, and abysmal Resistance
Quirk: A calm and quiet individual, who rarely speaks unless asked for his opinion. He does not seek out the company of others, preferring that they come to him. The one most likely to drop fragile or valuable objects.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Name is Fire Tactician
Is a Myrmidon
?
Well obviously Robin ran me out of my job, so I needed to find a new line of work. It's a shame that Chrom fired me to make room for passed out amnesiac that he found lying in the middle of a field. Last time I trusted one of those, it turns out that he was just drunk.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well obviously Robin ran me out of my job, so I needed to find a new line of work. It's a shame that Chrom fired me to make room for passed out amnesiac that he found lying in the middle of a field. Last time I trusted one of those, it turns out that he was just drunk.
Yeah, you see Chrom has inherited the bad eyes very, VERY common in Ylisse. It takes pretty bad eyesight to not notice the mark of Grima tatooed in Robins hand when helping him up or the ones on his cloak during the first 20 levels you fight together as best friends...

Edit: And so, the shipping wars begin anew... and i have no idea who to take for Lon'qu this time...Lissa? Miriel? Or should it be Mirabelle...Cherche? D: Thing is everyone tells me Cordelia is best but this playthrough she is reserved for MU so...

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Yeah, you see Chrom has inherited the bad eyes very, VERY common in Ylisse. It takes pretty bad eyesight to not notice the mark of Grima tatooed in Robins hand when helping him up or the ones on his cloak during the first 20 levels you fight together as best friends...
I don't think that it's a problem in Ylisse alone- it's an epidemic in all of the lands of the time. Robin, who is supposedly able to "see" things on the battlefield, can't see the assassin in the bushes. And just look at Walhart's eyes! He probably lost his sight years ago.

Hong

The Strongest
Lots of folks went and fleshed out their Fire Emblem personifications better, so I'm posting mine again with more detail.

Recruitment Conditions: Neutral unit, must survive until end of chapter
Starting Equipment: Heal. Physic, Dracoshield

Profile: A knight who cast off her armour in the pursuit of a life of peace and serenity. While she is a member of clergy, she secretly neither believes nor rebukes the sacred script of the gods. Appears a little solemn on the surface and not much for talk, but she always has a positive mindset and the will to carry on in troubling times.

A left-handed fencer, and the best at that.

Top Bottom