• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Huh, i didn't think of his recovery running out. That would be a problem.
I doubt he'll having floating like Peach does though, although it would help.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
They already gave Robin the power of levitation during the reveal trailer, might as well implement it into the gameplay too.

But on a serious note, I don't think Elwind running out should be too much of a problem if you're actively conserving its uses, but it definitely requires you the tackle the situation strategically.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Met all three of my roommates, that I was grouped with at random, tonight. They're all Smash fans and are waiting for Smash 4.

I shall teach them the ways of Robin. I'm hyped.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Met all three of my roommates, that I was grouped with at random, tonight. They're all Smash fans and are waiting for Smash 4.

Hopefully that works out. I remember before college started I had a roommate who was all about being into smash and saying how much they liked playing it, etc etc.

Then when we had the chance to play they pick Pit and the temple stage and just fly away the whole time. And I was considerably overpowered against all the people I played who had told me they were into smash. But what they really meant is they played it occasionally and would pick spammy characters.
I did eventually run into people who completely destroyed me. But that took some searching.

But yea, hope you get lucky and your roommates walk the walk!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Hopefully that works out. I remember before college started I had a roommate who was all about being into smash and saying how much they liked playing it, etc etc.

Then when we had the chance to play they pick Pit and the temple stage and just fly away the whole time. And I was considerably overpowered against all the people I played who had told me they were into smash. But what they really meant is they played it occasionally and would pick spammy characters.
I did eventually run into people who completely destroyed me. But that took some searching.

But yea, hope you get lucky and your roommates walk the walk!
Only one way to find out!
Ask them if they have Smashboards accounts, if yes, then, only then, will they be true Smashers.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm just glad they enjoy Smash as much as I do. Doesn't matter to me if they are more accustomed to FFA shenanigans with items, what's important is that we have a common interest that can keep us entertained.

It's a much better situation than the last set of roommates I had. Never again.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
You know who I'd want for a roommate? Lon'qu.

Too shy to talk to me, so all would be nice and silent.
Epic sword skills whenever necessary.
And not a bad appearance. I bet a bunch of friends would be over all the time just to have a look. To his dismay.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

And my roommates were all drunk frat types. "Le sigh."

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah Robin also doesn't teleport himself or other people around (which would have been freaking usefull if you ask me..) but he can teleport Chrom to him in smash... so maybe he will really get a floating ability..? (one can dream right? :< )
Since it's an ambush tactic, I think Chrom is just being warped into battle and attacking. In fact, you can distinctively see a magic circle where Chrom appears, the same one other Fire Emblem heroes use when they join the fight.

You can't use Warp in Awakening, but it still exists. There are plenty of folks like Excellus who can just warp around, not to mention if they can recall the other universes as legend, that means that the Warp spell has existed at some point.

And not a bad appearance. I bet a bunch of friends would be over all the time just to have a look. To his dismay.
I like your style.:denzel:

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Lucky you. Sadly my roommates were not of the same sort. One was only interested in FIFA while the other stayed away from games with passion. I am treated as a very "different" gamer, due to my disinterest in anything FIFA or CoD. Guess online play will be only option for Smash 4!

P.S. I was unable to leave the thread.

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Since it's an ambush tactic, I think Chrom is just being warped into battle and attacking. In fact, you can distinctively see a magic circle where Chrom appears, the same one other Fire Emblem heroes use when they join the fight.

You can't use Warp in Awakening, but it still exists. There are plenty of folks like Excellus who can just warp around, not to mention if they can recall the other universes as legend, that means that the Warp spell has existed at some point.
Rescue exists (which basically warps the unit of choice to one of the squares right beside you). That said, I like to think of it as Robin summoning Chrom because that sounds much cooler.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

I want Henry for a roommate.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I think Lucina as a roommate would love playing with herself in Sm4sh :3
I'd rather be her boyfriend or something... It would be funny to see :4lucina: and :4robinm: playing Smash together while playing as themselves... Best date ever.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Guess it means something that some people have told me I actually look like Robin to an extent?

All I need now is a woman with long blue hair and a peculiarly detailed eye pupil and then we can get really meta.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Guess it means something that some people have told me I actually look like Robin to an extent?

All I need now is a woman with long blue hair and a peculiarly detailed eye pupil and then we can get really meta.
COSPLAY TIME!!!!
Also, I look like my Robin, sooooo.... :troll:

Hong

The Strongest
Which character has your favourite battle dialogue?

Mine would definitely be Lucina. So strong, yet compassionate. The voice work does a great job of sounding sincere while conveying her warm and tender heart beneath such a fierce resolve without sounding off.

She is way ahead of anyone else, but I like Cynthia as well, just because she is obnoxiously adorable. Maribelle deserves a mention for her own brand of charm.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Which character has your favourite battle dialogue?

Mine would definitely be Lucina. So strong, yet compassionate. The voice work does a great job of sounding sincere while conveying her warm and tender heart beneath such a fierce resolve without sounding off.

She is way ahead of anyone else, but I like Cynthia as well, just because she is obnoxiously adorable. Maribelle deserves a mention for her own brand of charm.
Lucina is distant first, F!Morgan second, Henry third, M!Robin fourth, Owain fifth, Frederick gets an honorable mention. Along with Gregor and Yarne. Forgot those two.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I probably like Robin the best (at least M!Robin with voice 1 though I believe they all have the same quotes) but Lucina, Chrom, F!Morgan and Lon'qu are very close.
Owain, Yarne and Gregor are always great, too.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
My favourite line from Chrom is when he dies. :4dedede:
Which one?

"This is not your... your fault. Promise me... you'll escape from this place. Please... Go..."

Or...

"I suppose I'll get my chance... another day..."

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I played Awakening mostly in Japanese audio, but my favorite lines come from Severa (who sounds so fierce yet adorable) and Male Robin (he just sounds so determined)
I also like both EN/JP Lucina and female Robin as equally.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I probably like Robin the best (at least M!Robin with voice 1 though I believe they all have the same quotes) but Lucina, Chrom, F!Morgan and Lon'qu are very close.
Owain, Yarne and Gregor are always great, too.
M!Robin,Lucina , Lon'qu and Henry for me, but i haven't yet heard a lot of supports (didn't get to marry off cordelia, chrom (he got forcemarried, ARGH), olivia etc.

I do not like Owain, Yarne and Gregor actually, Owain is insanely stupid with his gimmick, Yarne is more of a female cat than anything else, and Gregors puns are worse than the ones of the german streamer Sarazar.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
M!Robin,Lucina , Lon'qu and Henry for me, but i haven't yet heard a lot of supports (didn't get to marry off cordelia, chrom (he got forcemarried, ARGH), olivia etc.

I do not like Owain, Yarne and Gregor actually, Owain is insanely stupid with his gimmick, Yarne is more of a female cat than anything else, and Gregors puns are worse than the ones of the german streamer Sarazar.
But Gregor is cool strong guy with russian accent! If only he had a hamster!

Also,

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
But Gregor is cool strong guy with russian accent! If only he had a hamster!

Also,
The later is why i paired my Linfan with him, just to see him suffer... and it was Tharjas daughter too. Ehe ... ehehehe.. hehehe... EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
If Robin is confirmed, then we'll need to have the ending credits theme along with the whole "Where are they now?" epilogue, as is tradition when something Fire Emblem related (like this thread) ends.
Hahaha! I totally forgot about this!

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
That's the European name for Morgan, Robin's son/daughter.
Oh-- wait what? I live in the UK and I'm fairly certain they were called Morgan in the version I played. Unless you mean other languages... in which case, why not call them Morgan on an English forum?

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Oh-- wait what? I live in the UK and I'm fairly certain they were called Morgan in the version I played. Unless you mean other languages... in which case, why not call them Morgan on an English forum?
Probably because .Shìkì was not aware of it.Or didn't care.

And yes, the German, Spanish, French and Italian versions call Morgan Linfan. All of them except the German version also call Robin Daraen, just FYI.
Actually, the German version of Smash might end up calling Robin Daraen, too. It's a bit unclear since the German Smash homepage calls him Daraen, but the e-Shop announcement trailer for the Avatar is titled "Lucina & Robin" and all the other trailers have the German names, too.
I really hope it'll be Robin. I'm just too used to the name now and it IS the default name in our version of Awakening. Hearing the announcer (and possibly the crowd chant) say Daraen would be really irritating to me, at least at first.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
So, where are we now?
Drakonis wrote many legendary exploits on the Smashboards, but accounts of his origins and character varied. Scholars, poets, and bards agreed on two things alone—Hong is still adorable and Drakonis loved Robin and their Smashboards Community above all else.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Linfan... is she from Chon'sin, too? :4robinm:
Drakonis wrote many legendary exploits on the Smashboards, but accounts of his origins and character varied. Scholars, poets, and bards agreed on two things alone—Hong is still adorable and Drakonis loved Robin and their Smash Board Community above all else.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Because Linfan>Morgan as a name. No other reason. (Well I also like confuzzling people a bit X) ) But yes I play the German version and that has MU's name default to Robin, and Morgan is called Linfan, Lon'qu is Lon'zu and Cherche is Zelcher. I haven't noticed other differences in names, but if i ever should use a weird name you can be sure its just cause i play a different version and do not know all the UK-names. Or American names.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Drakonis wrote many legendary exploits on the Smashboards, but accounts of his origins and character varied. Scholars, poets, and bards agreed on two things alone—Hong is still adorable and Drakonis loved Robin and their Smashboards Community above all else.
After the Robin was confirmed, GuyWithTheFace departed the Robin thread for a short journey to the Shulk thread. Of course, it took Hong and the others several years to notice his absence.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I paired my Robin with Kellam... she will spend the rest of her life as a lonely widow, and Kellam didn't even die, what have i done :urg:.

Top Bottom