• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
You might as well customize Rosalina's specials to not have a Luma, or customize Little Mac's neutral B to not be an Instant KO Punch after damage and giving damage then. If you don't like it, customize it out, right?

Morbi

Scavenger
You might as well customize Rosalina's specials to not have a Luma, or customize Little Mac's neutral B to not be an Instant KO Punch after damage and giving damage then. If you don't like it, customize it out, right?
I do not believe that Luma is required, you could potentially just avoid using him if you did not like him. In the case of Little Mac, you could not use your neutral once you build up the KO punch. :troll:

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
If somebody doesn't want to play Rosalina with Luma, or doesn't like the instant KO, far be it from me to tell them they're wrong.

•Col•

Smash Champion
So I was looking at that Levin Fair in the video, and I noticed something peculiar about Fox.

See how slowly he's tumbling before the hit while Robin is at normal speed? That slow tumble is typically what happens while someone is still in hitstun. After hitstun is done, they start tumbling at a quicker speed.

Provided Robin and Fox are the only ones fighting, and there's no stray blast that hit Fox, it's possible Robin's FH Levin Fair can true combo from another move. This could have interesting applications.
Just want to point out that for the video purposes, the Fox may have just held his shield long enough to let it break intentionally, so he'd pop up and tumble down, setting himself up for Robin's fair.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
Just want to point out that for the video purposes, the Fox may have just held his shield long enough to let it break intentionally, so he'd pop up and tumble down, setting himself up for Robin's fair.
That's pretty high for a shield break. Don't most characters just stay on the ground? You could be right, though.

•Col•

Smash Champion
That's pretty high for a shield break. Don't most characters just stay on the ground? You could be right, though.
I'm not saying that's what the tumble animation necessarily is.

Just that for the sake of the video, it could be pretty much anything, and that it shouldn't be looked into that much.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
What if people like the character, the design, the move-set, and the play-style of the character? They should just stop playing that character because they do not like one mechanic? :troll:
I liked everything about Marth except his tipper in Brawl and stopped maining him after one month solely because of the tipper. That mechanic ruined him for me. :p

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I liked everything about Marth except his tipper in Brawl and stopped maining him after one month solely because of the tipper. That mechanic ruined him for me. :p
That mechanic was present since Melee. If you mean Brawl's version of the tipper, that isn't the mechanic at fault, it's the game itself.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
That mechanic was present since Melee. If you mean Brawl's version of the tipper, that isn't the mechanic at fault, it's the game itself.
I said Brawl specifically because I don't own Melee nor have I played much of it. I'm sure I'd hate it there too. I just don't like the idea of needing perfect spacing for maximum power.

EDIT: I mean I hate it in Project M as well and Marth is almost 1:1 with Melee Marth in PM.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah, The opponent is always sandbagging for the character trailers. Just like with Brawl, we're going to be lied to about what actual combos there are.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Boyd is the main character in Path of Radiance I can't stand. I always have a **** time with Boyd. He's typically the first Greil Mercenary I bench, though once I get Shinon back I usually drop Shinon, too, since I've always leveled up Rolf. I also tend to like Mist over Rhys, due do Mist's mage-slaying capabilities and her being a mounted healer. Elincia is great, but she comes a bit too late to be incredibly useful, it takes a lot to level her up all the way so late in the game.
He is exactly the character I left do die. Just looking at his face was enough to piss me off. :p

Hong

The Strongest
I played in the same way. If I had anything under 90% hit and the battle would be crucial in some way, I would not go ahead with it.

Then again, I reset the battle every time a character died. Everyone must survive.

Especially after that scene between Leila and Hector in 7 if Matthew had died. I legitimately cried.
This is how I play Fire Emblem.

I have been playing this series for a long time, and never have I, especially in recent entries, felt like chance was to blame for my errors. Granted, I have lost units to reinforcements spawning and killing my healers, but that's more of a memory game than any real strategic challenge.

Back to the point: Generally, anything sub 90% on attack is assumed to miss. Just the same, if they have more than 20% chance to hit me, I assume it'll be a hit. Needless to say, it affects my army composition quite a bit, since I find Myrmidons thrive on RNG more than anyone and I leave them out.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
LET'S GO ROBIN!

TIP THE SCALES!

LET'S GO ROBIN!

TIP THE SCALES!

idk

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I said Brawl specifically because I don't own Melee nor have I played much of it. I'm sure I'd hate it there too. I just don't like the idea of needing perfect spacing for maximum power.

EDIT: I mean I hate it in Project M as well and Marth is almost 1:1 with Melee Marth in PM.
Well, you can play Lucina now X) That's something amirite? Also, with Lucina being made a different character from Marth soley because she doesn't have the tipper mechanic is a 99% indicator you won't be able to turn Robin's tomes breaking off by means of customisation, because then they could simply have made Lucina an alt for Marth and made his custom moves disable tipper.

Reila

Backgammon posting that GLaDOS picture reminded me of how much I like the Portal series and the soundtrack of that game

I need to replay Portal and Portal 2 for the fourth and third time, respectively. :)

It says "feel free to talk about anything you like" in the OP

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Tomes breaking is too integral of a mechanic just to disable via custom movesets. I think @Shiki is right on the money with this one. At max, you may be able to change how much durability each spell uses in exchange for making the attack weaker.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So... I started up Shadow Dragon. Is it just me, or the game throw characters at you like candy? (>_>)

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
This is how I play Fire Emblem.

I have been playing this series for a long time, and never have I, especially in recent entries, felt like chance was to blame for my errors. Granted, I have lost units to reinforcements spawning and killing my healers, but that's more of a memory game than any real strategic challenge.

Back to the point: Generally, anything sub 90% on attack is assumed to miss. Just the same, if they have more than 20% chance to hit me, I assume it'll be a hit. Needless to say, it affects my army composition quite a bit, since I find Myrmidons thrive on RNG more than anyone and I leave them out.
I think the time in which luck really showed her hand for me was in the chapter of Radiant Dawn, where it's Ike's army Vs Micaiah's army.

I was playing a cat and mouse game when my two strongest units, Zihark and Nephenee decided go fight. Zihark managed to throw out an Astra. 5x11 hits at 99% hit. I was about ready to reset when Zihark MISSED one. Nephenee pulled through on 2 HP and I very quickly pulled her out of there.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
RO-BIN!
TIP-THE-SCALES!
RO-BIN!
TIP-THE-SCALES!

Y'know, like Cha Cha Cha-cha-cha. Phonetics are weird to describe in written text.

Hong

The Strongest
Go Robin, Go Robin
It's your birthday. It's your birthday. :troll:

It's going to be hilarious if Thoron is enough to one-shot Luma.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So... I started up Shadow Dragon. Is it just me, or the game throw characters at you like candy? (>_>)
While I never beaten it at all, (I only played to the first chapter), I think the catch is that you actually have to kill off certain/amount of characters to get special ones.

I haven't played any of the other Fire Emblem games besides Awakening and I don't know which one to start with.

Btw, seeing how this a Robin thread, here's a question involving Avatar characters.

How do you guys like to name them? For example, do you like to name them after their canon name? Do you like to name them after yourself. Something else?

Hong

The Strongest
Well, if the game has a name in the slot by default, I leave it as is.

Otherwise, I'm good at making up cool sounding names.

Reila

Ike is such a great character. I am loving Path of Radiance.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I often end up using my nickname. That's what I did in FE7, as well as other games that have avatar creations.

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
While I never beaten it at all, (I only played to the first chapter), I think the catch is that you actually have to kill off certain/amount of characters to get special ones.

I haven't played any of the other Fire Emblem games besides Awakening and I don't know which one to start with.

Btw, seeing how this a Robin thread, here's a question involving Avatar characters.

How do you guys like to name them? For example, do you like to name them after their canon name? Do you like to name them after yourself. Something else?
Narwal.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I think My Unit is here to stay.

I don't think Robin as we know it will be here, as you said, but I'm not opposed to the Tactician class being a thing going forward, and as long as I like the design, I'm okay with them replacing Robin. Especially if it's a Link sort of deal, and they are all just "Robin" going forward.
I can definitely see a Link type of thing going on with Robin. I think Robin and Lucina will become mainstays of the franchise.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
)Before i say this, yes i know this is unlikely as the Levin Sword Attack we saw in the trailer didn't do what I'm about to speculate about. Just getting this out there.)

I just thought about something... what if some of the Levin Sword smashes are multihit moves? Most of Pikachus are, too, and it makes sense for abilities including electric current. That'd be pretty awful with SDI being in the game... Then again, that'd give the Bronze Sword some kind of advantage over the Levin Sword...

On another note, maybe the Levin Sword won't even increase the damage of the Bronze Sword greatly, but just cause more hitlag/hitstun on the enemy due to being a electric-type attack? As in, you can combo better off the Levin Sword, but smashing out players works just as good with the Bronze Sword? That'd be pretty neat, but i guess unlikely due to the FE weapon system and whatnot.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Am i the only one who is thinking Roy may be an alt to Lucina, now that we know she is in? I mean, Lucina has a smaller Model than Marth and Ike from what i could tell, and Roy was a Marth-Clone in Melee just that the strength of his blade was in the middle, not the tip. As for the fire-effects, i doubt changing the blade-trail on the attacks to look like fire would take too much def time seeing at how many fire-effects they got. It wouldn't visually put the enemy on fire, but... Well i just think what Roy was in Melee and what Ike is in Brawl is way too different...also Ike in SSB4 is way too buff to fit lil' roy into that hitbox :evil:

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It does especially Cavaliers and Paladins later on. Also there's a few characters that you have to bring a specific character that is not Marth or Caeda to recruit. As for the Gaiden characters I havent even done it yet cause I dont like to kill off characters personally.

Top Bottom