• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Fox actually looks more like te hitstun has ended and his player has not put in any button input. The slow fall comes after hitstun ends but a character hasn't recovered (via jumping, using an aerial, etc).

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The lack of female Robin in most fanarts is heartbreaking. :c

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The only unfortunate part about Id~Purpose being in the game is that the song is too advanced to be remixed beyond anything more than an enhancement.

No surprises like the Flamenco fanservice With Mila's Divine Protection this time around. :(

Last edited:

Reila

Do we know what other song will play in Arena Ferox? I assume one is Id~Purpose...

Hong

The Strongest
The lack of female Robin in most fanarts is heartbreaking. :c
We can fix that.

The only unfortunate part about Id~Purpose being in the game is that the song is too advanced to be remixed beyond anything more than an enhancement.

No surprises like the Flamenco fanservice With Mila's Divine Protection this time around. :(

I would say "What a coincidence, I just so happen to be listening to this!", but I suppose it should come as no surprise from my sort.
Do we know what other song will play in Arena Ferox? I assume one is Id~Purpose...
Well, Purpose is the only track that played during the demo, as all demo stages only had one song. I'd assume it will have either Duty, or a medley of all the Ablaze battle tracks from Awakening, since Duty is the field music for any chapters that take place in Regna Ferox.

Reila

We can fix that.

I would say "What a coincidence, I just so happen to be listening to this!", but I suppose it should come as no surprise from my sort.
Well, Purpose is the only track that played during the demo, as all demo stages only had one song. I'd assume it will have either Duty, or a medley of all the Ablaze battle tracks from Awakening, since Duty is the field music for any chapters that take place in Regna Ferox.
Cool fanart! She looks so serious =)

Anyways... I am hoping there is another Fire Emblem stage in the 3DS version... Because I want the "With Mila's Divine Protection" and "Fire Emblem (from Melee)" tracks in the game.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If it's anything like Melee, Smash 3DS will take the more iconic songs for their song list.

Id~Purpose is already on Arena Ferox. I'm betting either Fire Emblem (Melee) or Conquest~Ablaze will be their second song.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So here's an interesting question specifically about Path of Radiance, for those who have played it.

For Chapter 10 Prisoner Release, do you attempt to go for all the BEXP while still taking down the boss or do you instead trigger one of the guards to see you and go for CEXP?

Personally I go for the BEXP so I can get Nephenee shaped to the other faster while still saving the BEXP up for later in the game for someone like Elincia.

Hong

The Strongest
So here's an interesting question specifically about Path of Radiance, for those who have played it.

For Chapter 10 Prisoner Release, do you attempt to go for all the BEXP while still taking down the boss or do you instead trigger one of the guards to see you and go for CEXP?

Personally I go for the BEXP so I can get Nephenee shaped to the other faster while still saving the BEXP up for later in the game for someone like Elincia.
I did the sneak once.

But it lacked the gratification of blood on steel.

Raykushi

Smash Cadet
When I saw this, the move seemed like a command grab, since Robin is continuing with his hand motions after Palutena starts recoiling from the damage.

If this is a command grab that does damage, renders the enemy immobile, and heals Robin, he's going to the top of the tier list asap.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm honestly thinking FE needs more stages, it's been pretty shafted on content in Smash. Looks like SSB4 is turning that around, so maybe we will get more stages and more music (maybe even an item or two). We may see two FE stages in each version. If we get the return of Castle Siege that is. But I feel like at this point another FE stage is given.

Hong

The Strongest
I know Awakening has lots of fans that are new to the series, but I think it's only fair that a Wii U Fire Emblem stage should represent something else. Gaiden, the Tellius Saga, and even Sacred Stones (despite it's portable status) has so much to offer for fun and interesting ideas.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
How about all of that at once?

Take the Delfino Plaza route and have the main stage be a random assortment of platforms, while the stage itself travels through each Outrealm Gate at the time a major FE battle is taking place.

Merric fighting Gharnef with Starlight to obtain the Falchion.
Alm slaying Duma.
Arvis's total slaughtering of Sigurd's army.
Leif vs. the Deadlords.
Eliwood and co. against Nergal and his Morphs.
The Laguz Alliance vs. The Daein Army at the Ribahn River.

And repeat.

Meanwhile, Annas will be at the Outrealm Gates, opening up the gates as the fighters pass by.

Would be an amazing piece of fanservice.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Does anyone else feel that the Grimleal were...underdeveloped in the storyline, as far as villains go in this series? I mean, I get that they're supposed to be expies of the Lopto cult from FE4, but I just couldn't care about them and what they were trying to achieve. Gangrel was out for revenge against Ylisse for admittedly legitimate reasons, and Walhart was trying to unite the whole world for the sake of a "utopian" society to create and protect.

The Grimleal, or more specifically, Validar...really did not have much of a presence, aside from the Risen and the "attempts to avert destiny". I think the second part of the storyline should have focused more on them as a legitimate threat to the safety of Ylisse, or perhaps keep it low-ground like they did in FE7 with the Black Fang. They could have introduced more villains in the Grimleal to bolster their ranks, maybe some half-siblings of Robin that were failed attempts to create a vessel for Grima, or reluctant followers who are forced to fight against their will.

Don't get me wrong, Fire Emblem Awakening is a fantastic game, but it's main villains were as flat as heck.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
When I saw this, the move seemed like a command grab, since Robin is continuing with his hand motions after Palutena starts recoiling from the damage.

If this is a command grab that does damage, renders the enemy immobile, and heals Robin, he's going to the top of the tier list asap.
Well... Is Bowser on top of the tier list? Is P:M Ivysaur on top of the tierlist? No? There you go. I'm not saying he couldn't be: I just say , from what we know currently it IS a command grab and yes, it DOES heal him (note the healing indicator around robin in the GIF, also Famitsu scans stated that hitting it from behind doubles healing done), BUT : The Lag if ou miss might be absolutely horrible. You might grab the "puppet" of one of the "puppetmaster characters". It could do like 5 damage per hit and heal you for 2 or 4 % respectively for each hit you apply (Which isn't THAT much unless you can chain it). Also, the grabbed guy can most likely Mash out of it like from a normal grab or you can only hit 3-4 times at max. AND remember overusing/using it will cause the Darkness Tome to break at some point making it unavaiable for a while. It will be fun to see how it finally turns out. Personally I'd love to see Robin in upper-mid tier, so he is a good character but not everyone and their mother uses him at tournaments like Melee Fox,Melee Marth (and Melee Kirby to some extent).

TL;DR : Imagine missing it/enemy dodges, you have a massive endlag and take a charged smash to the face that does 25% + and may kill you for the chance to recover, like, 12-16%. Nah bro, i don't like that trade at all...

Last edited:

Reila

After seeing both Robins in their slot in that (most likely) fake CSS in the leak/rumors thread, I will be disappointed if only male Robin is present in the CSS of the actual game. This is the reason I hate fake leaks.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
Does anyone else feel that the Grimleal were...underdeveloped in the storyline, as far as villains go in this series? I mean, I get that they're supposed to be expies of the Lopto cult from FE4, but I just couldn't care about them and what they were trying to achieve. Gangrel was out for revenge against Ylisse for admittedly legitimate reasons, and Walhart was trying to unite the whole world for the sake of a "utopian" society to create and protect.

The Grimleal, or more specifically, Validar...really did not have much of a presence, aside from the Risen and the "attempts to avert destiny". I think the second part of the storyline should have focused more on them as a legitimate threat to the safety of Ylisse, or perhaps keep it low-ground like they did in FE7 with the Black Fang. They could have introduced more villains in the Grimleal to bolster their ranks, maybe some half-siblings of Robin that were failed attempts to create a vessel for Grima, or reluctant followers who are forced to fight against their will.

Don't get me wrong, Fire Emblem Awakening is a fantastic game, but it's main villains were as flat as heck.
I agree with you. The Grimleal were not very well fleshed out. In fact, if you aren't paying close enough attention you might miss them entirely (not Validar, but the rest of them)!

@ Hong Hong Can't decide on an avatar you like? :laugh:

Morbi

Scavenger
I know Awakening has lots of fans that are new to the series, but I think it's only fair that a Wii U Fire Emblem stage should represent something else. Gaiden, the Tellius Saga, and even Sacred Stones (despite it's portable status) has so much to offer for fun and interesting ideas.
Or maybe instead of those ideas, it could be an Awakening stage? :troll:

Honestly, I was confused when Robin was revealed to be an aspect of the "Grimleal" it made them seem more omnipresent and I felt as though they were a legitimate threat to my precious Robin, perhaps not Ylisse, but my beautiful Robin. Aversa seemed prominent enough. I am not sure, I actually liked the antagonists, but I suppose I have not played any other Fire Emblem games therefore I am unable to compare them.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I agree with you. The Grimleal were not very well fleshed out. In fact, if you aren't paying close enough attention you might miss them entirely (not Validar, but the rest of them)!

@ Hong Hong Can't decide on an avatar you like? :laugh:
I think Validar's role should have been split into two characters. We could have one character who follows the Shepherds throughout most of the story whenever the Grimleal is involved, and has direct ties with Robin. He could be his/her half-brother, who envies Robin for being the chosen vessel for Grima and surpassing him at every turn. The other character, which will still be Robin's father, could be an expy of either Nergal or Zephiel, who remains at Plegia throughout the story. He could be less of a cackling, mustache-twirling villain and more of a (loosely) well-intentioned extremist who believes that the world is beyond repair and that it should return back to the Earth Dragons' control.

Or maybe instead of those ideas, it could be an Awakening stage? :troll:

Honestly, I was confused when Robin was revealed to be an aspect of the "Grimleal" it made them seem more omnipresent and I felt as though they were a legitimate threat to my precious Robin, perhaps not Ylisse, but my beautiful Robin. Aversa seemed prominent enough. I am not sure, I actually liked the antagonists, but I suppose I have not played any other Fire Emblem games therefore I am unable to compare them.
To each his/her own. I'm going off of my experiences from playing FE7 and FE9, in which I loved (and hated) how well-written their antagonists were.

Raykushi

Smash Cadet
Well... Is Bowser on top of the tier list? Is P:M Ivysaur on top of the tierlist? No? There you go. I'm not saying he couldn't be: I just say , from what we know currently it IS a command grab and yes, it DOES heal him (note the healing indicator around robin in the GIF, also Famitsu scans stated that hitting it from behind doubles healing done), BUT : The Lag if ou miss might be absolutely horrible. You might grab the "puppet" of one of the "puppetmaster characters". It could do like 5 damage per hit and heal you for 2 or 4 % respectively for each hit you apply (Which isn't THAT much unless you can chain it). Also, the grabbed guy can most likely Mash out of it like from a normal grab or you can only hit 3-4 times at max. AND remember overusing/using it will cause the Darkness Tome to break at some point making it unavaiable for a while. It will be fun to see how it finally turns out. Personally I'd love to see Robin in upper-mid tier, so he is a good character but not everyone and their mother uses him at tournaments like Melee Fox,Melee Marth (and Melee Kirby to some extent).

TL;DR : Imagine missing it/enemy dodges, you have a massive endlag and take a charged smash to the face that does 25% + and may kill you for the chance to recover, like, 12-16%. Nah bro, i don't like that trade at all...
Who's to say the lag is the same length of time as if you were to land it? Missed grab cooldowns are much shorter than if you were to grab and pummel them. Don't know if you could grab a puppet character like Luma. In Rosalina's trailer it showed grabs don't work on Luma. Granted, that was a Z grab and not command grab, but even so, it would only mean that Nosferatu is risky in the Rosalina or IC match up.

As for the mashing out bit. That's true, but it's still possible that Robin can throw them before any mashing is possible. In the famitsu scan, it's mentioned the Nosferatu 'curses' the enemy. It seems to me like the effect might persist even after they escape, but that's speculation.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. I think the only thing that could have made Robin's reveal better is if she were female by default.

Hong

The Strongest
In any event, Nosferatu reinforces the idea that Mr. Sakurai has designed this character for me.

*~*

Seriously, I love command grabs. It's one of the best parts about having a pocket Bowser in competitive Melee.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah. I think the only thing that could have made Robin's reveal better is if she were female by default.
I suppose that is quite literally the only thing that should have been done differently. Unless... perhaps it would be slightly more entertaining if she stabbed Chrom with lightning. "This is not your... your fault. Promise me, you'll leave this place. Please... go!"

Hong

The Strongest
I suppose that is quite literally the only thing that should have been done differently. Unless... perhaps it would be slightly more entertaining if she stabbed Chrom with lightning. "This is not your... your fault. Promise me, you'll leave this place. Please... go!"
XD Well, it would be pretty funny, I'll admit. I guess if they're going to make a mockery of Chrom the way they did, may as well go the full mile.

As a compromise, maybe one of those Elwinds could have "missed" their target and struck an unfortunately placed wounded swordsman. ◔ᴗ◔

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I want Serenes Forest, post-revival, as a stage. It would just be so damned beautiful.

If that doesn't work for you then I want stage taking place in the middle of a battle field with generic mooks and known Fire Emblem characters fighting in the background. Like, I dunno, maybe Castle Felirae.

Hong

The Strongest
I want Serenes Forest, post-revival, as a stage. It would just be so damned beautiful.
We can do better than that.

We can have both pre and post revival, as a continuous cycle. In some ways, a petrified, ashen forest, is equally as beautiful.

My top 3 picks for Fire Emblem stages:

1) Streets of Daein
100% neutral stage. Victorian-esque aesthetic, with Daein commoners, Begnion soldiers and other folks watching from the background. Some of them cheering, others outraged, some afraid. Every now and then you can see the Dawn Brigade fleeing from Begnion soldiers. Not sure what kind of layout it should have exactly, but I'd love to have a more traditional "street fight" stage to play on.

2) Shrine (Fire Emblem: Gaiden)

Basically as you see it, but with two floating platforms. Periodically, the platforms descend to join the stage, and then one of the two lion-head statues in the background open their mouths, releasing a flood of water. This doesn't deal damage, but shoves players away (like the FLUDD).

3) Tower of Guidance
You know it.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
Reginleif suggested Grima's back earlier, and I actually think that would be a really good idea, even if it would mean a stage from Awakening, rather than another FE game.

It could be sort of like Lylat, but instead of the sides always angling down, they could angle down/up/no-angle.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
Since it's SmashBros and not Fire Emblem, I expect Robin to use 1 Tome and 1 Durability for all of his Specials. This is mostly because it's odd for the "equipped" tome in Robin's hand to change colors after every different spell cast.

This can possibly mean that spamming Fire/Thunder speeds up the durability loss of your recovery.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
All great stage ideas. The Outrealms is probably the best way to represent FE as a whole.

Serenes Forest is an awesome sounding concept especially with transition.

I'll look up my stage concept later, I suppose.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Since it's SmashBros and not Fire Emblem, I expect Robin to use 1 Tome and 1 Durability for all of his Specials. This is mostly because it's odd for the "equipped" tome in Robin's hand to change colors after every different spell cast.

This can possibly mean that spamming Fire/Thunder speeds up the durability loss of your recovery.
I don't think that's the case. They are separate entities so that should have their own durabilities.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I don't buy this, because then its pointless. No, it will probably be 4 Tomes. Now, that said, its not the same as in FE where each Magic Tome is a separate book, in this each Thunder spell is all one tome and each Wind spell is one Tome, but each Tome is individually.

Top Bottom