• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Robin will already be on stage lying on the ground prior to the match starting. Chrom appears using warp magic to wake her up and help her to her feet.
:4robinf:
That sounds like the best one...
But I have a feeling that he's/she's going to appear in that circle of light all FE characters appear in say "Time to tip the scales."
Then take out his/her Tome and Sword.

Hong

The Strongest
If you can't see the new icons, make sure you clear your browser's cache. :)
But I think Robin will fly in. 'Cause OH YEAH S/HE CAN FLY NOW AND NOBODY KNOWS WHY.
XD It's so weird but for some reason it doesn't bother me.

Gosh. The whole Emmeryn execution debacle would have been A LOT easier.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If you can't see the new icons, make sure you clear your browser's cache. :)XD It's so weird but for some reason it doesn't bother me.

Guess we're not gonna talk about this minor/major spoiler?
Doesn't matter Lucina got announced that's spoilery enough as it is.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
If you can't see the new icons, make sure you clear your browser's cache. :)XD It's so weird but for some reason it doesn't bother me.

I don't get why Lissa just didn't use Rescue.

Lissa: "Oh yeah, there's my Rescue staff! Okay Emm don't jump we got-"

I am an awful person.

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice

So much easier, but a girl's gotta make sure she's gonna be queen right?

Sorry Chrom, probably should have mentioned the ability to fly earlier...

Hong

The Strongest
Emmeryn: Oh, Robin! It's you! How are we flying!?
Robin:

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576

But wouldn't Robin become weak against arrows?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was thinking the time portal she shows up in when you first meet her.

Erm.... Read "Lucina forum" at the top. I'm tired. I done goofed.

But I think Robin will fly in. 'Cause OH YEAH S/HE CAN FLY NOW AND NOBODY KNOWS WHY.
Well, the flying mechanic is probably based on the Grima possession and the fact that Robin's a mage, mages tend to be based on a very "floaty" moveset in these kinds of games, so Robin being able to fly/hover does fit the mechanic. You can argue why Robin can use telekinesis, then you realize that if Robin couldn't, s/he wouldn't be able to pick up items or grab people. The telekinesis capability can be explained due to "magic" (I mean, when using tomes FE magics tend to create certain effects with them anyway, such as "throwing" spells), and it really fits for a mage character anyway.

Senario

Smash Ace
Yeah there is definitely a tome switching mechanic, right after Robin rolls you see a quick spark and she fires off El Thunder.
Dat recovery animation for fire is SO SLOW though. How will you ever do anything except minor pokes when you are stuck in animations that look good but are functionally terrible ):

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Well, the flying mechanic is probably based on the Grima possession and the fact that Robin's a mage, mages tend to be based on a very "floaty" moveset in these kinds of games, so Robin being able to fly/hover does fit the mechanic. You can argue why Robin can use telekinesis, then you realize that if Robin couldn't, s/he wouldn't be able to pick up items or grab people. The telekinesis capability can be explained due to "magic" (I mean, when using tomes FE magics tend to create certain effects with them anyway, such as "throwing" spells), and it really fits for a mage character anyway.
That all makes perfect sense, actually. I was kinda just chalking it up to rule of cool.
*Elshrugs*

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
1. Favorite Fire Emblem Character
Gotta say Owain probably. He's one of very few characters who manage to be funny but remain badass to me. The fourth wall breaks are just too real.

2. Favorite Blue Haired Lord
Ike of course. He fights for his friends after all.
BONUS: Favorite Non-Blue Haired Lord
ROY'S OUR BOY! ROY'S OUR BOY! ROY'S OUR BOY!

3. Favorite Class for Robin
Hero. Just an all around strong class that can take damage but still whoop on enemies with solid strength. Magic is even good enough to use Levin Swords when the situation arises. No weaknesses like Generals or mounted units.

4. Favorite Marriage Partner
Severa. I don't really know why. Maybe I'm masochistic or something but she just makes me laugh when she gets super angry about pointless things. :awesome:

5. Favorite parent for Morgan
Chrom. He is protective without being overbearing, and has a good set of values. He seems like he would be an ideal parent. Plus he is the wind at my back, so how can I not trust him?

The questions I will pose to you guys are 1. What FE weapon is your favorite? (Ragnell for me)

and 2. If Robin could wield any weapon in Smash, what would you choose? (Sonic Sword is really badass and is similar in abilities to the Levin Sword so that would be my choice)

Wow. That was more then I was expecting to type.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Lucina forum got me thinking;

How will Robin enter battle? Will she just use warp magic like Marth and Ike?
Robin is about to get a love confession from a random character from Awakening (boys if your Robin is female, girls if your Robin is male, with a heart symbol above their heads as an indicator), only for Robin to notice the fight is starting, blow the confessor off (making the heart symbol break), where they (the confessor) warp magics out of the stage. But, which character it is confessing to either Robin is randomized between any relationship possible for the respectively-gendered Robin because we can't get people angry about canonizing any relationship, can we? :p

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Robin is about to get a love confession from a random character from Awakening (boys if your Robin is female, girls if your Robin is male, with a heart symbol above their heads as an indicator), only for Robin to notice the fight is starting, blow the confessor off (making the heart symbol break), where they warp magic out of the stage. But, which character it is confessing to either Robin is randomized between any relationship possible for the respectively-gendered Robin because we can't get people angry about canonizing any relationship, can we? :p
Or they could just use Tharja to save some time with the animation. Tharja is popular enough to be an assist trophy anyways, so she seems ideal enough. She has a one-sided relationship with Robin regardless of your gender.

Last edited:

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Lucina forum got me thinking;

How will Robin enter battle? Will she just use warp magic like Marth and Ike?
I assumed it would be similar to the trailer, floating down then lifting up their hood.

(...if hooded Robin was a costume they could always have that costume specifically not have an animation for pulling down their hood.)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ooh, a Social Thread. *reaction as in avatar*

I have two questions to start us off:

1) Who is your favorite Fire Emblem character?
2) Who is your favorite blue haired lord?
1. Favourite Fire Emblem Character is Mia. I loved her personality in Tellius games. I was heartbroken when I found that she couldn't support Ike in PoR.

2. Favourite Blue haired lord is Ike. He was really fleshed out in his games, far more than an other lord in the series, probably.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm going to attempt to combine some theories into something cohesive here:

As several people have suggested, I think now that each Special is relegated to a specific element as may some Smashes or other moves:
B: Thunder / Elthunder / Arcthunder / Thoron
B>: Arcfire
B^: Elwind
Bv: Nosferatu

Each tome has limited uses tied to it's type (Thunder, Fire, Wind & Dark) that will deplete when a move is used (be it a special or other move involving magic). After one tome breaks (yes, one) Robin's Bronze Sword is replaced by a Levin Sword. Since a Levin Sword is capable of casting magic, it will then fill in for said move. For instance, say your Thunder Tome breaks, rather than having no Standard Special, Robin casts a Thunder attack using the Levin Sword (it would have to be different than the thunder moves already there). Say you use Robin's Combo (yes, I believe those two sword slices + Fire is Robin's Combo. It's last hit likely depends on the last type of magic you used) and have last used the Levin Sword (having run out of the tome's usage) it will strike with a thunderbolt. Thus explaining why robin can have a Levin Sword and a Tome out at once because only one tome needs to break for it get equipped.

Dat recovery animation for fire is SO SLOW though. How will you ever do anything except minor pokes when you are stuck in animations that look good but are functionally terrible ):
I suppose it will have to be more defensive than offensive. Of course, that may not be how it ends up working when the game is released.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
I assumed it would be similar to the trailer, floating down then lifting up their hood.

(...if hooded Robin was a costume they could always have that costume specifically not have an animation for pulling down their hood.)
I 100% expect a hooded Robin alt. If Little Mac did it, Robin DEFINITELY is. Then if Little Mac gets a black hooded alt and Robin gets a pink hooded alt that would make my day.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I 100% expect a hooded Robin alt. If Little Mac did it, Robin DEFINITELY is. Then if Little Mac gets a black hooded alt and Robin gets a pink hooded alt that would make my day.
I wonder what other alts Robin will have.
Also I wonder if alts will have alternative color like Wario did in Brawl.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Everyone Post your Robin and who your Waifu/Maifu is!

Robin x Tharja forever.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Is it possible that the tome discarding animation is purely aesthetic? or like Dust's theory where only the thunder tome is discarded? breakable weapons in games is one of my biggest pet peeves and I really don't want to hesitate to play as Robin due to the fact she'll lose all of her moves after a while if I keep using them (the theory that bronze sword and levin sword cycling when one breaks is alright though).
I personally think that he has a tome mode vs Levin sword mode which is like transforming from Zelda to Shiek. And maybe when you enter Levin Sword mode, he does an animation where he summons the sword and throws the book as a bluff and it reappears in his hand as soon as you start attacking or moving. Sounds odd but I think it could be a silly taunt. He does have separate animations for certain things, like the twirling levitating sword while using Thoron.

Last edited:

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
I think Robin activated the shield some frames after the move ended (maybe because the player realized a Lloyd Rocket was coming). If that isn't the case, lets hope Elfire got some IASA Frames.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
For one Robin is obviously getting a Kris alt:

...You know, just so we have a blue- haired swordsman option.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I only consider an alt a true "alt" if it DOES have alternate colors, and I'm sure the alts will have alternate colors. That said, male/female Robin is an alt already, so Robin probably won't get as many. Perhaps hooded as one.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hiiiiiiii~ I didn't know a social thread would be create. Nice.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Ahhh so that's how it works:

Pic of the day. The Levin sword and tomes are Robin's life lines. The Levin sword can be activated by using smash attacks--you can even activate these moves in midair! However, just like in the original game, the Levin sword can be used only a limited number of times before it breaks, at which point it takes some time to regenerate. When the Levin sword is unavailable, Robin fights using the bronze sword.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Sakurai gave new infos.

The Levin Sword is activated by using Smash Attacks, but (like I predicted) has durability that breaks. What I didn't predict is that it takes time for it to recharge.

I wonder if his Tomes work in a similar way. Also, Sakurai confirms that the Special Moves we thought are correct. So no Tome switching special move.

"Pic of the day. The Levin sword and tomes are Robin's life lines. The Levin sword can be activated by using smash attacks--you can even activate these moves in midair! However, just like in the original game, the Levin sword can be used only a limited number of times before it breaks, at which point it takes some time to regenerate. When the Levin sword is unavailable, Robin fights using the bronze sword.

The way Robin launches Arcfire is kind of crazy—he or she calls down a bolt of flame from above, then launches a pillar of fire! By the way, Robin’s tome changes with each special attack."

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Okay, from what I gathered I think I know how the tomes work.

Like I thought, the Tomes have a durability by usage. However when they run out, it probably takes a bit for it to recharge.

Robin is super complex, I wonder if he will have any UI elements to keep track of his items.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Well that clears everything up then! Now the main questions are: Which shown specials were customizable and which were default.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Well that clears everything up then! Now the main questions are: Which shown specials were customizable and which were default.
I'm pretty sure none.

Nothing has changed.

Thunder, Elthunder, Arcthunder, and Thoron are Neutral B.

Arcfire is Side B.

Elwind is Up B.

Nosferatu is Down B.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Can we discard something before it breaks? Please tell us we can discard it before it breaks.

If not, I hope it will automatically revert to perfect condition if it has not been used for a long period of time.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I'm pretty sure none.

Nothing has changed.

Thunder, Elthunder, Arcthunder, and Thoron are Neutral B.

Arcfire is Side B.

Elwind is Up B.

Nosferatu is Down B.
Looks good to me. The only thing that bothers me is that there are 3 electric attacks with three varying speeds similar to customizable moves. Don't get me wrong, if all four were the same attack, I'd prefer that.

Okay, from what I gathered I think I know how the tomes work.

Like I thought, the Tomes have a durability by usage. However when they run out, it probably takes a bit for it to recharge.

Robin is super complex, I wonder if he will have any UI elements to keep track of his items.
Wait, where does it say that? It says the sword is, but not the tomes. I don't think he'd be left without side specials?

Top Bottom