• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
*AHEM*

Speaking of Robin's sound effects, is anyone bothered by David Vincent's lower quality recording in comparison to Lauren Landa's?

I like David Vincent's voice a lot because he's cool, but seriously... I can barely hear him say things in a lot of his quotes!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I am going to kill this particular line of discussion before it gets off the ground.

I don't care what your religion is or what it believes, discrimination here is NOT ok under any circumstances.

So anything like 'ew gays' and 'They'll burn in hell' is 100% not ok and will be swiftly infracted.

FINAL AND SERIOUS WARNING.

You don't have to like it, but keep that to yourself.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The fact that everyone is so sensitive nowadays disgusts me.

I guess people aren't even able to voice their opinions now.

This is why need to #makeAmericagreatagain.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
*AHEM*

Speaking of Robin's sound effects, is anyone bothered by David Vincent's lower quality recording in comparison to Lauren Landa's?

I like David Vincent's voice a lot because he's cool, but seriously... I can barely hear him say things in a lot of his quotes!
To be honest I felt the male voice actor for Corrin to be a bit bland, I don't know much about his other works but in the trailer he felt lifeless to me in comparison to the female voice. At least for Robin I liked both the male and female voice actors. A shame really. But I heard they were changing it for the actual release or something? I heard that somewhere I swear.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
To be honest I felt the male voice actor for Corrin to be a bit bland, I don't know much about his other works but in the trailer he felt lifeless to me in comparison to the female voice. At least for Robin I liked both the male and female voice actors. A shame really. But I heard they were changing it for the actual release or something? I heard that somewhere I swear.
I don't know about that, but Male Corrin's EN voice was definitely...corny.

I mean sure, our nickname is Corn but seriously! This might be the reason Female Corrin will be the one true Corrin in Sm4sh..XD

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
I don't know about that, but Male Corrin's EN voice was definitely...corny.

I mean sure, our nickname is Corn but seriously! This might be the reason Female Corrin will be the one true Corrin in Sm4sh..XD
Yeah you said it the way I was trying to word it. Corny is definitely the right word. Whether that was intentional or not, I didn't buy it. I mean I just felt they ran out of ideas for entrance quotes when his entrance speech was literally 'Join Smash!'....

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
*AHEM*

David Vincent is a great voice actor but I feel like Lauren Landa has more in her voice than he does for the role of Robin in Smash. As far as Corrin goes I'd do almost anything for the Japanese seiyuus lol.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Yeah you said it the way I was trying to word it. Corny is definitely the right word. Whether that was intentional or not, I didn't buy it. I mean I just felt they ran out of ideas for entrance quotes when his entrance speech was literally 'Join Smash!'....
Trust me, if he said "Join Smash!" in a better way than how he did the trailer would've been a lot less corny.
Actually, the trailer was extremely corny throughout because Marx and Elise added to the corniness. ESPECIALLY Marx.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
David Vincent is a great voice actor but I feel like Lauren Landa has more in her voice than he does for the role of Robin in Smash. As far as Corrin goes I'd do almost anything for the Japanese seiyuus lol.
Oh you have no idea how much salt a guy I know gets when I say I prefer female Robin lmao. Our Robin dittos are some of the most salty dittos you can have because of it, it's hilarious though - it's all a joke, we're cool irl.

Trust me, if he said "Join Smash!" in a better way than how he did the trailer would've been a lot less corny.
Actually, the trailer was extremely corny throughout because Marx and Elise added to the corniness. ESPECIALLY Marx.
omg yes. It's just a shame, at least the female one wasn't that bad though. Definitely going to be using the female version. I think it's the first time that a majority of people would agree on a gender too. I mean I don't even know if I'd main Corrin yet anyway. I don't make decisions on mains until I get to play them. Don't want to dishonour my Robin main yet.

Matsushi

True Blood
*AHEM*

Yeah, there was a point in time where I thought he said "worthless fool", not "reckless fool", so I guess I can kinda see what you mean. Though as a whole, I do think David Vincent's recording is still just as clear as Lauren Landa's, I think it's simply because she's a little bit more vocal and she projects her voice whereas David Vincent sounds more calm and collected.

That said, David Vincent is still an incredible voice actor. :3

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Yeah, there was a point in time where I thought he said "worthless fool", not "reckless fool", so I guess I can kinda see what you mean. Though as a whole, I do think David Vincent's recording is still just as clear as Lauren Landa's, I think it's simply because she's a little bit more vocal and she projects her voice whereas David Vincent sounds more calm and collected.

That said, David Vincent is still an incredible voice actor. :3
Oh my god...he says "reckless fool"?!
...Meh, "worthless fool" still makes sense...amirite?

Oh you have no idea how much salt a guy I know gets when I say I prefer female Robin lmao. Our Robin dittos are some of the most salty dittos you can have because of it, it's hilarious though - it's all a joke, we're cool irl.

omg yes. It's just a shame, at least the female one wasn't that bad though. Definitely going to be using the female version. I think it's the first time that a majority of people would agree on a gender too. I mean I don't even know if I'd main Corrin yet anyway. I don't make decisions on mains until I get to play them. Don't want to dishonour my Robin main yet.
Everyone is going to play female Corrin...yeah. WE NEED MORE PALETTES FFS

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
For sure. He actually voices Jin Kisaragi one of my favorite characters from Blazblue (Also what my NNID is based off from for anyone who was curious).
I feel ashamed for not even realising your ID was based from it until now. As Jin Kisaragi is my main in Blazblue. Patrick Seitz is my favourite VA though, his work on Ragna was amazing. He also voiced Bob in Tekken, a COMPLETELY different type of voice lmao.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I feel ashamed for not even realising your ID was based from it until now. As Jin Kisaragi is my main in Blazblue. Patrick Seitz is my favourite VA though, his work on Ragna was amazing. He also voiced Bob in Tekken, a COMPLETELY different type of voice lmao.
*looks at own username*
*twiddles thumbs in anticipation*

Nah

Smash Champion
For sure. He actually voices Jin Kisaragi one of my favorite characters from Blazblue (Also what my NNID is based off from for anyone who was curious).
Oh, and here I thought that it was based off of Jin Kazama, not Jin Kisaragi.

Matsushi

True Blood
Oh my god...he says "reckless fool"?!
...Meh, "worthless fool" still makes sense...amirite?
Yeah, I thought he said "worthless fool" and I was like "damn Robin! That's cold!" But yeah, it still makes sense either way. >:D
Everyone is going to play female Corrin...yeah. WE NEED MORE PALETTES FFS
:4corrin: I'm gonna use male Corrin. :4corrin:
Though, he shares the same voice actor as Liquid Snake and I literally won't be able to unhear it. :emptysheep:
Yeee, he does! He does such an awesome job as Jin Kisaragi.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
LOL it's alright xD and ayyyyy another Jin main~ Yeah I agree Patrick Seitz is a fantastic voice actor as well. He also voiced Arthas from the Warcraft series which was a big surprise for me as well.

Oh, and here I thought that it was based off of Jin Kazama, not Jin Kisaragi.
That was a good guess so I'll give you credit for that lol. My favorite character from Tekken is actually Hwoarang.

Yeee, he does! He does such an awesome job as Jin Kisaragi.
The entire Blazblue cast in English all do a pretty awesome job which is a huge plus for me in my book.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
You say you don't care about me preferring Pit over Corrin and I didn't mind...but I say meh over a game and you're getting butthurt over a one word, 3 syllable comment about a video game...
I'm not getting "butthurt" over your "comment." I'm getting annoyed because it was just spam, and it was a completely pointless response. I could have gathered your indifference simply by you ignoring the post. You don't need to respond to everything if you have nothing of actual value to say.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Happy holidays guys! Trying to get back into the jive of posting here more.
Zack x....cloud??? For many spoiler reasons that doesn't even make sense to me. lmao.
Crisis Core. It's canon, kinda sorta. Pretty much is. so Zack and Cloud can technically be a thing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm not getting "butthurt" over your "comment." I'm getting annoyed because it was just spam, and it was a completely pointless response. I could have gathered your indifference simply by you ignoring the post. You don't need to respond to everything if you have nothing of actual value to say.
Last time I checked, it's the internet...and I'm allowed to speak an opinion of something that I checked out. You know, you could've ignored my "meh" comment instead of being all like "EW YOUR COMMENT IS POINTLESS AS **** BECAUSE IT DOESN'T AGREE WITH MY STUFF, SO **** OFF!" and all that jizzy jazz. You let the nuisance of Negativity compelled you, trying to effect the Power of Positivity that The New Day has compelled upon me, so I'm making gonna ignore you and your negativity for the rest of the Winter Break until there's some positivity in your life.

@SkarmNightmare (Brett) where are you? You are missed...by only me and @Almost Certainly Quite So

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Last time I checked, it's the internet...and I'm allowed to speak an opinion of something that I checked out. You know, you could've ignored my "meh" comment instead of being all like "EW YOUR COMMENT IS POINTLESS AS **** BECAUSE IT DOESN'T AGREE WITH MY STUFF, SO **** OFF!" and all that jizzy jazz. You let the nuisance of Negativity compelled you, trying to effect the Power of Positivity that The New Day has compelled upon me, so I'm making gonna ignore you and your negativity for the rest of the Winter Break until there's some positivity in your life.
But dude, ya do know that it's simply just polite to ignore things you don't like or have an interest in? "Meh" is such a passive and somewhat silly thing to say, especially when someone is happy or excited about something. It just puts a downer on the mood, y'know? And I bet if something happened in the Ninja Turtles franchise which you were excited about, but someone just flat out approached you and said "meh" or "don't care", you wouldn't be so happy yourself.

Also, Zantetsugun Zantetsugun is a very positive, kind-hearted and polite individual who means no harm whatsoever, so don't be rude to him.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But dude, ya do know that it's simply just polite to ignore things you don't like or have an interest in? "Meh" is such a passive and somewhat silly thing to say, especially when someone is happy or excited about something. It just puts a downer on the mood, y'know? And I bet if something happened in the Ninja Turtles franchise which you were excited about, but someone just flat out approached you and said "meh" or "don't care", you wouldn't be so happy yourself.

Also, Zantetsugun Zantetsugun is a very positive, kind-hearted and polite individual who means no harm whatsoever, so don't be rude to him.
I wouldn't get upset over someone saying "meh" to Ninja Turtles...and last time I checked, saying something's stupid would be alot more rude than saying meh. The way I used meh was in the "not my type, but still looks real good" kind of way, not whatever Zantetsugun Zantetsugun thinks it meant(immature go with either the "looks gay" or the "what you like can suck it" way, but that's just the WWE talk in me).

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Last time I checked, it's the internet...and I'm allowed to speak an opinion of something that I checked out. You know, you could've ignored my "meh" comment instead of being all like "EW YOUR COMMENT IS POINTLESS AS **** BECAUSE IT DOESN'T AGREE WITH MY STUFF, SO **** OFF!"
Actually, he can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I'm reading. his point is that the one word posts that, as he said, adds absolutely nothing to the conversation, is spam. Spam IS against the forum rules. Like I said last time your spam was the topic of discussion, not every single thought of your's has to be a post on a thread. Think about what you say before you say it. You're allowed of an opinion on something, but try to add more to the conversation if you're going to make a post some where with actual rules. This isn't skype or a chat room.
./mini rambling over

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
TFW reality strikes and you can't maintain your ships afloat

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Arguing on Christmas Eve? My, how can you be sure that the ink on Santa's list has even dried yet? </3

In seriousness though, finished doing the first half of putting up a new fence with my Dad. Good to be done, hopefully I can kick back more until tonight. Saw some news about an interview with one of the developers of Pokemon Go... I wasn't hyped before, but I'm rethinking it now. Looks like it could be pretty cool if you ask me. That said, if it's really 3G data intensive, imma gonna cry. I barely get 360 MB for three months with my phone provider... Eh, at least it's a cheap bill.
Too bad the trailer itself is heavily augmented, though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Actually, he can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I'm reading. his point is that the one word posts that, as he said, adds absolutely nothing to the conversation, is spam. Spam IS against the forum rules. Like I said last time your spam was the topic of discussion, not every single thought of your's has to be a post on a thread. Think about what you say before you say it. You're allowed of an opinion on something, but try to add more to the conversation if you're going to make a post some where with actual rules. This isn't skype or a chat room.
./mini rambling over
If I wasn't thinking of what to say, then why did I say that I'd just ignore him until Winter Break or however long it takes people to calm down these days? Either we can still continue to talk about a beaten to death topic saying I spammed, me saying people need to calm down, or it can be forgotten about because it's Christmas, and most likely noone would bother to go on Smashboards on a day about gifts and family..not arguing with people on the internet(leave that for New Years Eve)

Deal or No Deal?

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
If I wasn't thinking of what to say, then why did I say that I'd just ignore him until Winter Break or however long it takes people to calm down these days? Either we can still continue to talk about a beaten to death topic saying I spammed, me saying people need to calm down, or it can be forgotten about because it's Christmas, and most likely noone would bother to go on Smashboards on a day about gifts and family..not arguing with people on the internet(leave that for New Years Eve)

Deal or No Deal?
I wasn't trying to argue if that's the vibe you got from me, I was just stating for the most part, fact, and trying to help! I'd rather this not be a topic again, or at least a topic as often as it is :L

Top Bottom