• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Last time I checked, it's the internet...and I'm allowed to speak an opinion of something that I checked out. You know, you could've ignored my "meh" comment instead of being all like "EW YOUR COMMENT IS POINTLESS AS **** BECAUSE IT DOESN'T AGREE WITH MY STUFF, SO **** OFF!" and all that jizzy jazz. You let the nuisance of Negativity compelled you, trying to effect the Power of Positivity that The New Day has compelled upon me, so I'm making gonna ignore you and your negativity for the rest of the Winter Break until there's some positivity in your life.
The hilarious thing is that I'm SUPER positive and happy right now. Christmas is tomorrow, Corrin is coming to Smash, we're finally getting more info about KH3, a new Sengoku Basara game got announced, and plenty of other reasons! So saying I'm negative right now is laughably untrue.

Also, I VERY specifically stated the reason I took issue with your comment is because it was unnecessary and spammy. If your not interested in the game, that's fine, I have no issue with that. But just replying with "Meh" felt really uncool.
But dude, ya do know that it's simply just polite to ignore things you don't like or have an interest in? "Meh" is such a passive and somewhat silly thing to say, especially when someone is happy or excited about something. It just puts a downer on the mood, y'know? And I bet if something happened in the Ninja Turtles franchise which you were excited about, but someone just flat out approached you and said "meh" or "don't care", you wouldn't be so happy yourself.

Also, Zantetsugun Zantetsugun is a very positive, kind-hearted and polite individual who means no harm whatsoever, so don't be rude to him.
Thank you so much Matsushi! This means a lot to hear from someone as cool as you! :happysheep:

The way I used meh was in the "not my type, but still looks real good" kind of way, not whatever Zantetsugun Zantetsugun thinks it meant
Well I didn't know that though. I'm not psychic, I can't understand the subtext of your posts. 99.9% of the time if someone says "meh" about something on the internet it's usually in a derogatory manner.
Actually, he can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I'm reading. his point is that the one word posts that, as he said, adds absolutely nothing to the conversation, is spam. Spam IS against the forum rules. Like I said last time your spam was the topic of discussion, not every single thought of your's has to be a post on a thread. Think about what you say before you say it. You're allowed of an opinion on something, but try to add more to the conversation if you're going to make a post some where with actual rules. This isn't skype or a chat room.
./mini rambling over
Yes, this was the main point of my argument.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Wanted to stop by and say I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! :emptysheep:

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
I don't think words can describe my own anger at myself when I play For Glory on Smash and people are actually GETTING AWAY with the stupidest stuff and BEATING ME with it. I need a break from this game sometimes because I just start losing even more when I'm angry at the TV screen. -_- anyways how are people over here? *breathes deeply*

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Yuss, have a good Christmas guys!

Just watching some Christmas movies with family.

Last edited:

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
I don't think words can describe my own anger at myself when I play For Glory on Smash and people are actually GETTING AWAY with the stupidest stuff and BEATING ME with it. I need a break from this game sometimes because I just start losing even more when I'm angry at the TV screen. -_- anyways how are people over here? *breathes deeply*
Haha This is me every time I go on For Glory. I'll never forget all the times I lost to Link's projectile shenanigans, or, in the most egregious case, one who only used upsmash and grab the entire time. I never felt so bad after losing a match before.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
That's part of the reason why I don't take online matches all too serious. Taking input lag and latency into account it's only natural that you can't play to 100% of your full potential.

The other day while playing online as :4cloud:I lost to a :4ness:who literally just did PK Fire/Thunder and B-throw. The lag was absolutely horrendous though as my shield would not come up in time for the life of me.

It was frustrating but I got over it rather quickly as I knew without doubt if it was an offline match I'd had two stocked him easy.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Haha This is me every time I go on For Glory. I'll never forget all the times I lost to Link's projectile shenanigans, or, in the most egregious case, one who only used upsmash and grab the entire time. I never felt so bad after losing a match before.
I'm just happy that I'm not the only one who's had those embarrassing losses before. I'm just having an off day I think.

Rinku リンク Rinku リンク But the thing is there was literally no lag so I couldn't really blame it on that.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wasn't trying to argue if that's the vibe you got from me, I was just stating for the most part, fact, and trying to help! I'd rather this not be a topic again, or at least a topic as often as it is :L
Well not here atleast, I'm still gonna have stuff like this happen on WWE related things
The hilarious thing is that I'm SUPER positive and happy right now. Christmas is tomorrow, Corrin is coming to Smash, we're finally getting more info about KH3, a new Sengoku Basara game got announced, and plenty of other reasons! So saying I'm negative right now is laughably untrue.

Also, I VERY specifically stated the reason I took issue with your comment is because it was unnecessary and spammy. If your not interested in the game, that's fine, I have no issue with that. But just replying with "Meh" felt really uncool.

Thank you so much Matsushi! This means a lot to hear from someone as cool as you! :happysheep:

Well I didn't know that though. I'm not psychic, I can't understand the subtext of your posts. 99.9% of the time if someone says "meh" about something on the internet it's usually in a derogatory manner.

Yes, this was the main point of my argument.
Well apologizes for not having you know what I meant then...the end?

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Just watching some Christmas movies with family
I'm actually going to be doing that in a few minutes.

So I guess goodnight and Merry Christmas everyone!

D

Deleted member

Some of the previous pages scared me... I'll just leave it at that.

Don't worry. I am like that, too.
Sometimes I just lose to the stupidest crap or the strangest of characters. One character that I can never beat is Bowser... no matter how good or bad the player is, I can't beat him. Then there are matches that I lose because of some horrendous lag; I die because I accidentally did a get up attack when I wanted to just roll or just get on the stage, so I get punished and die.
For Glory is just a massive mixed bag. I have a good time or I end up yelling at my TV screen... this even happens against friends online as well.

The other day while playing online as :4cloud:I lost to a :4ness:who literally just did PK Fire/Thunder and B-throw. The lag was absolutely horrendous though as my shield would not come up in time for the life of me.

It was frustrating but I got over it rather quickly as I knew without doubt if it was an offline match I'd had two stocked him easy.
That happened to me... it happens to me all the time, really. I did fight a Ness as Cloud and I lost to PK Fire spam to back throw.
Honestly, For Glory ruined Ness for me. I hate fighting and seeing this character all the freaking time.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Rinku リンク Rinku リンク But the thing is there was literally no lag so I couldn't really blame it on that.
Then get good m8. Nah I'm just playing lol. There are occasions where latency isn't an issue and it could be considered a fair game but even then I still never take online matches to heart.

That happened to me... it happens to me all the time, really. I did fight a Ness as Cloud and I lost to PK Fire spam to back throw.
Honestly, For Glory ruined Ness for me. I hate fighting and seeing this character all the freaking time.
:4ness:is unfortunately on my list of characters I dislike in general because of FG.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Eyy, airing out the FG laundry.

I suffer from lag much more often than most. So this makes things rather... difficult sometimes. I have gotten it bad enough that I just close the 3DS lid to escape since I can't even get to SD sometimes.

There was an occasion yesterday where I SD'd early as Shulk, due to tremendous lag before Air Slash came out, making it too late. And then... that darn Ike taunts. My response was to quickly seal his stock before I even reached 25%. There was a really strong lag after that, and I think a Lv 1 CPU stepped in. :p I basically got a string that took him to the right edge of the stage before knocking him a third of the way back, followed by a BAir to get him near the ledge, then I caught him in midair and finished it with Air Slash. Very satisfying, even if it was a CPU.

@XenoBrawler610 I know what you mean, but instead of Bowser, my Kryptonite is Dedede. Like, those disjoints are so hard in lag, and I still can't get the timing down to get around his smashes. IDK, they're just weird.

Ironically, it's easier for me to counter Ness with Cloud than Shulk... Most of the time. Still love using Vision on PKT2.

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
:4ness:is unfortunately on my list of characters I dislike in general because of FG.
It really pains me to say the same. I think everyone can agree that Earthbound is a wonderful game.
It's especially painful to find Ness annoying because I was so excited when I found out he was good in Sm4sh. I've always been a fan of kill throws just because of the cool factor involved in throwing people, but it's so hard to not feel like you get cheated out of a game whenever you fight him.

Link is in the exact same boat too. I was really excited to think he might not be garbage tier for once, but then he ended up being the most annoying character to fight online. The worst part is that despite how cool high level Links look, he still practically is garbage tier and I never get to see him in tournaments.

I suppose I can't complain too much considering Robin is also pretty projectile heavy. :ohwell:
I know what you mean, but instead of Bowser, my Kryptonite is Dedede. Like, those disjoints are so hard in lag, and I still can't get the timing down to get around his smashes. IDK, they're just weird.
My friend had the same problem with Dedede until recently. He mostly plays Pit and he just couldn't punish any Dedede he fought.

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Talking about FG? I was actually about to hop on FG on the Wii U for the first time right now! I'm honestly really excited for my first experience with being insulted through the name tags from salty people. <3

UmbreonMageBrando

The Quiet One
NNID
Megaman648
I was about to go on FG with the tag GanonClaus and play as green Ganondorf so I can give shield breaks and ganoncides to all on this fine Christmas eve :3

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Link is in the exact same boat too. I was really excited to think he might not be garbage tier for once, but then he ended up being the most annoying character to fight online. The worst part is that despite how cool high level Links look, he still practically is garbage tier and I never get to see him in tournaments.

I suppose I can't complain too much considering Robin is also pretty projectile heavy. :ohwell:
Honestly in my opinion :4link:is middle tier. He has a lot of tools and options to make big plays but as a whole you need to make use of your entire kit to play him effectively while also relying on "reads".

As a Link main myself I fully understand how you feel about FG Links. Heck, even I hate when I run into another Link on FG. Considering I also secondary characters who HAVE to approach (ex. :4myfriends::4feroy::4marth::4cloud:) I know what it feels like to deal with spam that would normally never work in an offline setting.

I can't also tell you how many times people try to "one-up" me by switching to :4link:themselves the 2nd match only to get steam rolled even harder than the first match. It just shows that there's a massive difference between "spam" and "projectile play".

I honestly have a lot of respect for :4robinm::4robinf:players considering the character itself has practically nothing to abuse. Spamming spells doesn't work really because of the usage limit and he/she doesn't have any moves that kill "absurdly" early.

Nah

Smash Champion
I can't also tell you how many times people try to "one-up" me by switching to :4link:themselves the 2nd match only to get steam rolled even harder than the first match. It just shows that there's a massive difference between "spam" and "projectile play".
I've had that happen to me a fair bit too, and I never understand why they do it. It's like, I beat you the first match and now you're going to switch to a character you have little to no experience with why? (had this happen to me today actually) I'm pretty sure it's salt-related too and not that they actually actually play Robin or have some sort of interest in Robin or anything.

.....I've also had times though where someone beats me and then switches to Robin the next match and wins again and I'm pretty sure it's their way of saying "lol yer so bad I can beat you with your own main and I don't even really play the character" :c

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I've had that happen to me a fair bit too, and I never understand why they do it. It's like, I beat you the first match and now you're going to switch to a character you have little to no experience with why? (had this happen to me today actually) I'm pretty sure it's salt-related too and not that they actually actually play Robin or have some sort of interest in Robin or anything.

.....I've also had times though where someone beats me and then switches to Robin the next match and wins again and I'm pretty sure it's their way of saying "lol yer so bad I can beat you with your own main and I don't even really play the character" :c
Aye, Shulk mains really know this one. I mean, considering Shulk is such a varied character with so many valid ways to play him, people often go like, "you play nothing like how you should!" even though they don't know enough to know that there are many right ways. Sometimes it boils down to Back Slash spam and complete lack of BAir. Oh, and really weak Art usage.

Seems like this is very popular with Cloud now too... And more often than not, they eat my Finishing Touch because I use it places they wouldn't expect, like chasing off stage and catching them with it. That thing is a CRAZY edgeguard, even if you miss, you get a windbox.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK

It's honestly inevitable considering the FG community. Whenever I play :4link:I feel like I'm playing Ocarina of Time all over again considering the amount of Dark/Oni Links I run into from the amount of people that try to "call me out".

From the day I purchased my Wii U and got Smash I've only lost a set once to another Link on FG. However, this guy played Link from the start and fully understood how Link's mechanics worked down to the very pixel. I even remember his tag to this very day, it was Sedris.

Out of about 10 matches I was only able to win one of them (barely). Though throughout the entirety of our matches he was really chill. "GG" tags all around. Rather than being upset over my losses I took the opportunity to learn from his Link.

Ever since then I've incorporated his play style into mine and wreck face whenever someone attempts to Link mirror me online out of spite.

D

Deleted member

Merry Christmas, Robins! Hope your day is wonderful!

May Dedede grant you with the best gifts tonight. Leave out some cookies! :4dedede:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
For Glory shenanigans? I think I do fairly well in it and I run into the same issues as eveyone else here. There are a few characters that put me on edge, though.

:4link:/:4tlink:: Do I even need to explain?

:4shulk:: He's more of a mixed bag for me. On one hand, I run into painfully predictable Shulks. On the other, I run into those that utilize the Arts and then he becomes tricky.

:4dedede:: Good, bad, or in between, it takes too damn long to KO a Dedede player for me.

:4yoshi:: Way, WAY too floaty for a middle weight. Also egg spam.

FG isn't all too bad, though. I do eventually run into a player that will completely body me, so make of that what you will.

Anyway, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The majority of my experience on FG goes like this:

:4falcon: players that think that dashgrabbing is the future. They get trashed.

And then people that will switch to characters with reflectors in an attempt to counter Link's projectiles or will just generally switch characters in an attempt to win, and then lose 3 times in a row or possibly more before eventually ragequitting.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
So, I don't know if you all know this already, but some of the Fates names have been localized. (also, in-case you don't feel like watching that video).

Luna is now Selena (how clever lol)
Zero is now Niles. (his voice is lovely)
Belka is now Beruka.
Mozume is now Mozu.
My Room has been localized to Private Quarters

Some of the classes/weapons have received the same treatment as well.
Revenant Knight is now Malig Knight.
Rod Knights are Troubadours
Kunai are now Daggers.
Brass weapons are Hoshido E-rank weapons (Brass Yumi) while Bronze weapons serve as Nohr's E-rank weapons. (Bronze Bow)

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
The majority of my experience on FG goes like this:

:4falcon: players that think that dashgrabbing is the future. They get trashed.
Thanks for the perfect segway! Time for a self insert, i did something productive with my new wii u
Also, (another?) Merry Christmas for those celebrating it today!

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Merry Chrismas Tacties! Bring on the Egg Nog.
Calling the E G G N O G B O Y S S S S

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Omg I need to send you all this replay I saved where a Shulk guy just spammed backslash lmao. Was so hilarious. He ended up sd'ing from offstage. #FGMoments

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

hope everyone is having an amazing day. i got a beautiful Kyouko Sakura figure (from Madoka). I'm super happy, she's just too gorgeous. Actually I got quite a few nice things, my family love to spoil us. I got the Rosalina and Luma amiibo, I have to say it's probably my favourite one I own, so beautiful and shiny.

I got some Awakening manga that tbh I can't really read (my Japanese is taking a backseat to Chinese atm) but some of the sections are making me laugh so much. I'll probably post more pics here as I feel like it, but this one is my favourite lmao

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

hope everyone is having an amazing day. i got a beautiful Kyouko Sakura figure (from Madoka). I'm super happy, she's just too gorgeous. Actually I got quite a few nice things, my family love to spoil us. I got the Rosalina and Luma amiibo, I have to say it's probably my favourite one I own, so beautiful and shiny.

I got some Awakening manga that tbh I can't really read (my Japanese is taking a backseat to Chinese atm) but some of the sections are making me laugh so much. I'll probably post more pics here as I feel like it, but this one is my favourite lmao

Merry christmas to you too :) and that manga made me crack up WAY more than it should have lmao. The perfect gift for me would be a female Robin Amiibo but those things are hard to come by :(

EDIT: Oh also here's my share of Fire Emblem christmas memes ;)

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Merry Christmas y'all n_n

Merry Christmas, Robins! Hope your day is wonderful!

May Dedede grant you with the best gifts tonight. Leave out some cookies! :4dedede:
does Dedede accept brandy tho cuz we left the bottle of that out last night but nothing else

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Merry Christmas y'all n_n

does Dedede accept brandy tho cuz we left the bottle of that out last night but nothing else
I can imagine Dedede having a few too many on christmas day. :|

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Yoite Yoite Ah thank you :3

dude you don't even want to know the lengths i would go to for a female robin amiibo lol
and that's a cute comic! Chrom sure is adorable (as always) in those earmuffs <3

Zantetsugun Zantetsugun wooow that looks amazing! hope you're currently enjoying it!

Top Bottom