• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
Better idea. Everyone with an alt gets 16 and not just Little Mac.
Given that Bayonetta was confirmed I see no harm in including gender-swap versions of all the characters. Why should Fire Emblem be special?

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Given that Bayonetta was confirmed I see no harm in including gender-swap versions of all the characters. Why should Fire Emblem be special?
Because I don't want to see female Luigi. Or female Wario.
Edit: Claimed a page

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Isn't Jigglypuff already Male AND Female?
Because I don't want to see female Luigi. Or female Wario.

>Not wanting the Sexiest character to get sexier

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Better yet, why not just give us a custom color palette creator option in Smash? That way, we could make all of the alt colors we ever wanted!

Also, Cloud's down tilt is the most swag move in Smash Bros history.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Better yet, why not just give us a custom color palette creator option in Smash? That way, we could make all of the alt colors we ever wanted!

Also, Cloud's down tilt is the most swag move in Smash Bros history.

Better yet, Tekken of levels of customization for all character? That would be even better!

And yes, yes it is.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
A female Link should be an issue.
But that's not a female Link, though... It's just a lady who just happens to look like a female Link and have a feminine-like name to Link's, Linkle, but is still in no way related to Link... At all. :p

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Hk47portrait.jpg

Clarification: Uh... exactly how would this custom color palette creator be formatted, meat- uh I mean, Master? We could see Zero Suit Samus's name be taken literally.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
.....But that was on my other failed play through.
On my real play through no one died(Except Merlinus, which kinda stinks because he didn't get a level up.)
Still, it was very tough and now I think I will now loathe this chapter completely.
Also, I have some more FE7 questions for you guys.
Bartre or Dorcas?
Should I use Markus as a tank?
Should I use 3 cavaliers or just 2?
Is it a good idea to use 2 healers?
Should I use Rebecca and Will or just one of the 2?
Thanks in advance!
Bartre or Dorcas depends on how long you intend to use them. Bartre has a better payout in the long term, but Dorcas has better base stats and access to Lyn mode.

However, they're both inferior to Geitz and Dart. If you want to end-game an Axe user it should probably be one of them. Geitz is especially good in Hector Hard mode because he gets bonuses to his base stats. He also starts with a B in bows, letting him rock the Brave Bow right off the bat where Dorcas/Bartre have to spend forever working up to it.

Marcus is best used as an assist tool to carry you through the early/mid-game. He is fantastic early on, but his stats will be lacking in the long run compared to Sain/Kent/Lowen. He's just exceptionally helpful in getting your weak units up to par.

Cavaliers is generally a matter of preference. Most people run Sain/Kent/Marcus and drop Marcus later on. Lowen's a tankier alternative to any of the 3, but his offenses are lacking and he doesn't have the Sain/Kent support synergy. Isadora is just bad.

2 healers is generally pretty standard, though you can get by with 1 in the early game just fine. Late game you'll have Sages/Bishops filling in as off-healers, namely Pent/Erk/Lucius. Serra is objectively the best standard healer due to her amazing durability (her speed/luck make her functionally invincible starting at around level 17), but Pris's mobility is also exceptionally valuable until she passes her fragile early game.

Archers you generally only need 1. They're just generally inferior to mages in the GBA games outside of insta-gibbing pegs. I am partially to Rebecca, as her speed results in a more consistent offense than Will, and she relies on avoidance rather than tanking hits. I also like her support options better (RebeccaxDart is too good).

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Better yet, Tekken of levels of customization for all character? That would be even better!
Eh, that level of customization would open the door too much to inappropriate content.
View attachment 87947
Clarification: Uh... exactly how would this custom color palette creator be formatted, meat- uh I mean, Master? We could see Zero Suit Samus's name be taken literally.
Obviously, certain restrictions would be put in place to avoid such a situation. It shouldn't be that difficult to keep flesh toned colors out of certain characters palettes. It might restrict certain color options, but it would be a necessary evil, because Nintendo knows they can't trust our immature 12 year old minds. :p

Edit -
HOLY CRAP! OVER 10,000 LIKES?!?!

Thank you so much everyone!

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Eh, that level of customization would open the door too much to inappropriate content.

Obviously, certain restrictions would be put in place to avoid such a situation. It shouldn't be that difficult to keep flesh toned colors out of certain characters palettes. It might restrict certain color options, but it would be a necessary evil, because Nintendo knows they can't trust our immature 12 year old minds. :p
Well, yeah...

But I wanna customize their bangs and sideburns!
Or they could tone down the inappropriateness.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Well, yeah...

But I wanna customize their bangs and sideburns!
Or they could tone down the inappropriateness.
True, but keep in mind a lot of characters in Smash don't even wear clothes or have hair! So keeping the customization options fair and even between all the characters would be difficult. Unless you want to start giving Pokémon Afros. :rotfl:

Also, I think they want to keep the characters physical appearance as close to their normal self as possible, with color being the only major variation (excluding characters given their different outfits, or who have multiple characters in one).

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
True, but keep in mind a lot of characters in Smash don't even wear clothes or have hair! So keeping the customization options fair and even between all the characters would be difficult. Unless you want to start giving Pokémon Afros. :rotfl:

Also, I think they want to keep the characters physical appearance as close to their normal self as possible, with color being the only major variation (excluding characters given their different outfits, or who have multiple characters in one).
I guess. Still want it though.

Unless you want to start giving Pokémon Afros. :rotfl:
Well, of course.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
What's happening tacticians? I bet you were all pleased to see :4corrin:show up. February just got a lot more interesting didn't it?

Nice job. Have a like from me for the great :squirtle: gif.
Not too much, just some hype from the last Direct! Considering the fact that about 80% of the Robin Social is now also a part of the Corrin Social, you'd be correct! February has become even more "fateful" then before!
Squirtle Squad! :007::007::007:
I guess. Still want it though.

Well, of course.
Can't argue with that!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Avoiding the site for almost half a year since I don't trust a spoiler free Fates experience, but I have to come here and see the salty reaction in everyones faces in the glorious confirmation that is Corrin
just saying, your lack of trust was correct.
these guys spoiled so many things for me it's not even funny :/

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Has this been posted here before? If it has, I think it's worth seeing again anyway.

That link is an error is it from a conversation?
If so try posting the original source of the pic

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I wonder if they're going to revise All Star Mode. It's going to have 55 characters once Corrin and Bayonetta are added (The Miis no show). They could rearrange it to be you first fight seven and then the rest be sets of 8 or do the reverse.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
HOLY CRAP! I just noticed your Zelda avatar has an incredibly tall neck! Just look at the distance between the top of her left shoulder to the base of her skull!

View attachment 87962

CANNOT UNSEE! :eek:
Yeah I noticed that seconds after I saw the image for the first time.

The artist said that "Zelda is hard to draw" so I'm guessing he struggled with proportions or something.

I still love it though!

I can change it if you want though.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Yeah I noticed that seconds after I saw the image for the first time.

The artist said that "Zelda is hard to draw" so I'm guessing he struggled with proportions or something.

I still love it though!

I can change it if you want though.
You don't have to change it, it just really caught me off guard!

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Can't wait to see how the final CSS will look once it's complete. I like seeing a full roster.

I wonder if we'll also get a notification for getting all the DLC characters too?

Burigu

Smash Ace
Might we meet again in a better life, well folks, I am off from the site again my quest for a spoiler free campaing continues as I march towards the evening sun, I will come back eventually. Corrin will be left my avatar as the proud supporter I am in these dark times.

Hope you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Might we meet again in a better life, well folks, I am off from the site again my quest for a spoiler free campaing continues as I march towards the evening sun, I will come back eventually. Corrin will be left my avatar as the proud supporter I am in these dark times.

Hope you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year
I miss you already!

D

Deleted member

Well my semester has officially ended and I am now at home.

Which means I finally have access to my Wii U again.

Which means I can finally whip play you people who I wanted to play.

I'll be on deck for matches once I get my GCN hands back and once I thoroughly lab Cloud.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato

I'll be on deck for matches once I get my GCN hands back and once I thoroughly lab Cloud.

Welcome back!...But please... Spare me.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
After looking over Corrin's colors again, I might use the boring default male one for the Hinoka red and blue variants, since i'm not feeling female Corrin's colors at all. I'm a heretic I know :^)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
HOLY CRAP! I just noticed your Zelda avatar has an incredibly tall neck! Just look at the distance between the top of her left shoulder to the base of her skull!

View attachment 87962

CANNOT UNSEE! :eek:
I found it quite odd but the image as a whole is pretty so I never brought it up.

----------------------------------------------------

And I'll be at home by tomorrow. I'll probably play FE:poR and FERD again.

EDIT: Lol, I'll keep that smiley. :laugh:

:231:

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Haven't posted in here for a while, gonna try to check in here more often.

Xenoblade X has been taking up a lot of my time, especially now that I have my own Skell.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

*Meta Knight Fiyt Meh instincts intensify*

So Soulless, how do you feel about a dragonkin :4corrin: joining the roster? (at least something akin to a dragonkin... a dragonkinkin, I guess? No spoilers, still waiting for English Fates release)

D

Deleted member

Haven't posted in here for a while, gonna try to check in here more often.

Xenoblade X has been taking up a lot of my time, especially now that I have my own Skell.
Gonna respond to this in spoilers;
When I do get my Skell? o: I'm not far in the game but I'm curious as to when I'll get it. And I'm obviously gonna model it after this:

Top Bottom