• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
:4robinm:: "Hey, isn't that...."
:4corrin:: "That Ylisse Tactician of all places"
:4robinm:: "I found you, FAKER"
:4corrin:: "Faker? I think you're the fake avatar around here. You're comparing yourself to me? Huh, you're not even good enough to be my-"
:4robinm:"I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS "

:)

Hai guys, back from my break from Smashboards and I see that there has been an increase in blue users blue is the best colour!.
This pleases me~

Nah

Smash Champion
She had short hair in Awakening too. Until the cutscene before the mission where you have to defend Emmeryn.
I always found it weird how her hair is short with the mask on, but the moment it comes off it gets long. It's not like she even had it tied back or anything, it just instantly goes from short to long. Like wtf how does that even work

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I always found it weird how her hair is short with the mask on, but the moment it comes off it gets long. It's not like she even had it tied back or anything, it just instantly goes from short to long. Like wtf how does that even work
Well, it actually was tied up

Nah

Smash Champion
So, uh, they increased Mewtwo's run speed. And iirc.....they've never changed the mobility specs of any character at all in the 13 patches we've had so far.

Which means that the balance team is not opposed to altering a character's mobility specs. Does this mean that we'll end up seeing more mobility changes to characters in the future? But once everyone is aware of this change I'm sure lots of people will asking for mobility buffs/nerfs.....which'll probably be kind of absurd.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:4robinm:: "Hey, isn't that...."
:4corrin:: "That Ylisse Tactician of all places"
:4robinm:: "I found you, FAKER"
:4corrin:: "Faker? I think you're the fake avatar around here. You're comparing yourself to me? Huh, you're not even good enough to be my-"
:4robinm:"I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS "

:)
Every Avatar ever

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So, uh, they increased Mewtwo's run speed. And iirc.....they've never changed the mobility specs of any character at all in the 13 patches we've had so far.

Which means that the balance team is not opposed to altering a character's mobility specs. Does this mean that we'll end up seeing more mobility changes to characters in the future? But once everyone is aware of this change I'm sure lots of people will asking for mobility buffs/nerfs.....which'll probably be kind of absurd.
Source?

Edit: Nevermind, went and found it myself. Neat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ganon running at mid-tier speed when.

That'd be hella scary.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Glad to hear everyone here is pleased with dragon Marth. :4corrin:

So, uh, they increased Mewtwo's run speed.

Ganon running at mid-tier speed when.

That'd be hella scary.
Ganon is hella scary to face in a lot of matchups to begin with.

His fsmash kills Meta Knight at like 60%... :sheep:

Last edited:

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
how is everyone doing? i still haven't recovered from the hype of last night. im so glad that nothing got leaked, cos Bayonetta and Corrin are just in my opinion unbelievable additions! I will definitely be maining Corrin because her move set looks so fun and I've loved her look ever since I first saw her. Dem feets. The dragon fang moves are unbelievable. Getting Dhalsim vibes from that forward smash. The back air with the wings is just my favourite thing ever (besides levin sword aerials :ness:). I think Dragon Lunge will lead to some ridiculously fun combos.

Also the Corrin reveal trailer has to be the most hilariously cheesy thing reveal ever lol
''I'm sorry everyone....I feel I have no other choice but to....JOIN SMASH!' really aided by the...uh excellent /s voice acting by the family members lol. 'Big brother is now big sister' was so bizarrely worded haha.

I hate the name Corrin because when i say it out loud it really sounds like I'm saying 'Corn'. I really prefer Kamui but I'm not gonna call her that haha. I also don't know how I feel about the English version of Aqua's song, I'm just obsessed with the vocals on the Japanese version. From what I hear the English one is less ethereal and more theatrical/Broadway-ish. I can think of a list of female singers I would've loved to hear singing the English version but in the end i'll survive without those gorgeous vocals if Corrin is playable in smash lol.

I find that the New Challenger illustration is basically the same as the Robin and Lucina one which is a little disappointing- same composition, just different characters.

I wonder if Corrin actually placed high in the Japanese ballot? I know that they didn't mention the Japanese results when they said that Bayonetta won the ballot. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

I'm also really excited for Bayonetta even though I haven't played her game. I have Bayonetta 1 for PS3 somewhere and my friend offered to lend me Bayonetta 2. I've always liked her and thought she was ridiculously cool even though she reminds me waaay too much of a teacher that I had lol.
Her wicked weave attacks are so cool. Her model looks great. A lot of people think she'll be on par with ZSS and Sheik but I'm kind of unsure. She has a lot of wonderful combos but I can't see them killing at the early percents that ZSS and Sheik can. I love the Bayonetta music a lot and the stage too. Her visual effects are just amazing. Also her taunt cancel is great.
I'd love to see her stage being legal. The angels don't interfere as far as I can see, but there is seems to be some rubble or something hitting the characters? That doesn't mean it can't be usable though.

Cloud is not the character for me but I'm so happy that he's in. I do wish that his alts were like...a little different not just 'blue black', 'green black', 'red black'.....'black black' lol. It's really hard to tell which Cloud you are in a ditto. I am happy when he wins so that I get to listen to his woooonderful looping victory jingle.

Wow I wrote an essay lol. I'm so excited. I just wanted to gather my thoughts on this whole thing.
GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR CORRIN!!!:4corrin::4corrin::4corrin::4corrin::4corrin::4corrin::4corrin::4corrin::4corrin::4corrin::4corrin::4corrin:

Snake being revealed at the very end would've been ridiculously hype but tbh i couldn't ask for better dlc characters than the ones we've got and are getting.

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
Snake being revealed at the very end would've been ridiculously hype but tbh i couldn't ask for better dlc characters than the ones we've got and are getting.
You know, it'd be funny if Sakurai did some stealth joke where Snake suddenly shows up as DLC the same time as Bayonetta and Corrin in February.

"You didn't see this coming, did you?"

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
oh yeah and on the subject of Aqua's song, I can definitely recommend the Japanese singer's EP, which includes 2 versions of Hitori Omou as well as two other original songs. I'm sure some of you know her already but her name is Renka. I couldn't find her whole music video but here's 1:22 of her gorgeous voice:

ok my brain dump is officially over

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wow, I haven't been here for a few months. Congrats on getting Corrin. The only thing which stopped me from objecting to him was his shape-shifting powers and moveset. He looks a lot of fun.

:231:

Last edited:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Wow, I haven't been here for a few months. Congrats on getting Corrin. The only thing which stopped me from objecting to him was his shape-shifting powers and moveset. He looks a lot of fun.

:231:
Honestly I would've done the same, but like HE'S A LANCE USER BUT ALSO A DRAGON!?!?!?!?!?!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
oh yeah and on the subject of Aqua's song, I can definitely recommend the Japanese singer's EP, which includes 2 versions of Hitori Omou as well as two other original songs. I'm sure some of you know her already but her name is Renka. I couldn't find her whole music video but here's 1:22 of her gorgeous voice:

Your avatar is absolutely GORGEOUS by the way! Can you link the full size image please?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Last edited:

Hey, I managed to find a full version of the song if your interested
For some reason, it won't let me embed it here on Smashboards so here's a link~
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2zkfmo

I hate the name Corrin because when i say it out loud it really sounds like I'm saying 'Corn'.
I found this while scrolling through tumblr

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well guess since everyone else is doing it, I guess I'll share my thoughts on Corrin and Bayoneta.

Corrin: I think that Corrin looks like a lot of fun and I'm considering learning him. (But I already have a lot of characters, so that might not be the best idea.) When I first heard he was in I was very surprised and glad that he even made it in. And I'm glad his trailer showed off some of the voice acting for the English version of Fates.

I don't really care much for Bayonetta but I"m glad she's in and I think she looks great.

I also need to get :4cloud:
For Glory in a nutshell right now

Are they all just using default and Advent Children Cloud?

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Let's play a game Robin Social! It's called let's count how many Cloud montages are uploaded to youtube in the next month with the titles having something to do with either
Breaking limits
Cloud nine references
or Cloudy with a chance of meatballs references

Are they all just using default and Advent Children Cloud?
No, it's just his colors aren't TOO different. minus the red and light blue on his FF7 costumes, but those are on the bottom so you can't see it too well. His AC alts are KINDA different, the default, and dark green, and then dark shading of the default and dark green without sleeves. They all look nice, they're just all kinda look the same, especially with all the clouds next to each other :L

Rastaban

Smash Rookie
I was expecting more colour from Cloud's costumes. I'm kinda sad there's no like, really vibrant colours, like a white or pink or something. :/

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
"I'll have you know, I've played several Cloud dittos, and I only SD'ed three times because I got confused about who was who!"

(Seriously though, if both Cloud's use AC costumes, GG, lol)

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
You would think that they'd do a little more to distinguish who's who when people are using the same palette (all they do right now is make one player a little darker than the other). Sometimes I'll play pink Robin instead of my usual default :4robinf: when in Robin dittos just to make it easier for the both of us. The pink palette is pretty nice tho

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
You would think that they'd do a little more to distinguish who's who when people are using the same palette (all they do right now is make one player a little darker than the other). Sometimes I'll play pink Robin instead of my usual default :4robinf: when in Robin dittos just to make it easier for the both of us. The pink palette is pretty nice tho
I can only imagine this for Cloud where all the alts look very similar,

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Why can't daddy Sakurai give us 8 palettes for each gender?
Why can Mac have 16 palettes?
*tears*

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Kent.
.....But that was on my other failed play through.
On my real play through no one died(Except Merlinus, which kinda stinks because he didn't get a level up.)
Still, it was very tough and now I think I will now loathe this chapter completely.
Also, I have some more FE7 questions for you guys.
Bartre or Dorcas?
Should I use Markus as a tank?
Should I use 3 cavaliers or just 2?
Is it a good idea to use 2 healers?
Should I use Rebecca and Will or just one of the 2?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'll never understand why Little Mac got 16.
They're really not that special either. Just a different body. I think Little Mac's hoodie should have been the main alt. We could have gotten a color alt based on Doc Louis but no. Wireframe deserves it more.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
They're really not that special either. Just a different body. I think Little Mac's hoodie should have been the main alt. We could have gotten a color alt based on Doc Louis but no. Wireframe deserves it more.
It should have just been 4 with hoodie and 4 without.

Top Bottom