• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Just did Classic Mode as Cloud. He gets a unique congratulations.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Alpharad plays some Smash Bingo!

His reaction to Bayonetta is so heartfelt and genuine! I'm really happy for him!

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
It seems Corrin became the scapegoat, for other neglected character fans, I had no choice but to replace my all time favorite Palutena with Corrin to show people, some of us are actually exited about this inclusion.

Honestly I don't blame them, this game has been like a honey moon roster wise for me: Got Palutena, Lucina, Robin and now a character I don't even thought would be possible in Smash, Corrin. But others are just so passionate about characters that didn't make it, I kind of understand their frustation.

On the other hand I release that Corrin's moveset basically bury Tiki's chances for good. Which I imaginated to have a similar moveset.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
February is when my Trinity becomes a League of sorts.
Can't pass up the Dragon Lord or the Umbran Witch.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
And here is Femui's Smash Artwork in full!

I also found Male Corrin. Can't ignore him.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
*ahem* Let me write a proper reaction about the direct.

To me, as I've seen gameplay of Fates already, I already fiddled with the idea of Corrin as a Sm4sh fighter.
But see, I had only considered the idea as just...an idea, not a reality. We had more than enough FE representatives, so I thought we had enough representation.
But Sakurai...Sakurai said no. FE needs even more love. Like Roy was in Melee... Corrin is now serving as an advertisement character for an "unreleased" game, at least outside Japan.
It's glorious.
I yelled and screamed in disbelief at my friend's (ask Rinku リンク Rinku リンク ). I was absolutely more hyped about Corrin than Cloud or Bayonetta.
That doesn't mean I do not appreciate their inclusion. In fact, yes, I am hyped for them. But the entire direct was Corrin's reveal. I'm absolutely sold and I'm entering the "unreleased but already a main" club.

I just have to express my sadness at how many dislikes the Corrin trailer already has in the Smash Bros. Youtube. The salty people are real. The "enough swordfighters/weeb bait" argument will probably persist for a long time...

In fact, I believe Corrin will be subject to hatred far worse than Lucina ever received.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Hooooooly ****, if people thought there were too many FE characters as is... I'm not going to lie, I'm a fan of the series, but they should probably cut down the character representation a liiiiittle bit by this point, lest it leads to me getting crucified. 'Character representation' aside, I think his move-set looks really neat though (Sakurai bias confirmed!).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just did Classic Mode as Cloud. He gets a unique congratulations.
He got alot of attention given to him...but I feel like he's the worst 3rd party character in the game(that and he only has 2 songs for him, not even reused songs from other games or stages)

But Bayonetta and Corrin will be hype...especially dat Bayonetta

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Someone should make a gif of the part of Corrin's trailer where Lobster Lord said "Are those the heroes of the outrealms?"

Those entrances were so slick.

Burigu

Smash Ace
*ahem* Let me write a proper reaction about the direct.

To me, as I've seen gameplay of Fates already, I already fiddled with the idea of Corrin as a Sm4sh fighter.
But see, I had only considered the idea as just...an idea, not a reality. We had more than enough FE representatives, so I thought we had enough representation.
But Sakurai...Sakurai said no. FE needs even more love. Like Roy was in Melee... Corrin is now serving as an advertisement character for an "unreleased" game, at least outside Japan.
It's glorious.
I yelled and screamed in disbelief at my friend's (ask Rinku リンク Rinku リンク ). I was absolutely more hyped about Corrin than Cloud or Bayonetta.
That doesn't mean I do not appreciate their inclusion. In fact, yes, I am hyped for them. But the entire direct was Corrin's reveal. I'm absolutely sold and I'm entering the "unreleased but already a main" club.

I just have to express my sadness at how many dislikes the Corrin trailer already has in the Smash Bros. Youtube. The salty people are real. The "enough swordfighters/weeb bait" argument will probably persist for a long time...

In fact, I believe Corrin will be subject to hatred far worse than Lucina ever received.
I got the same reaction, I don't even play Fates yet not do I have any spoilers, apart from the portions already shown up in the trailers.
I think there's no thing as "overrepresentation", if a character is interesting go for it.

But I have the believe time will prove to be right, everybody is unleashing their frustration at Corrin, people claim Fire Emblem to be to small for that many reps, I completely disagree, Fire Emblem has rised a ton in popularity in recent years.

Where they see a NO relevant or unimportant cast of characters, Robin, Lucina and now Corin will be fan favorites for more people, for kids growing up playing these games.

I really hope people find a different way to unlesh their personal frustration than bashing others people's favorites.

I visited some threads to see how people are faring now that it's over, I never expected to see people calling for Sakurai's head and Corrin as the center of massive hate, I had no choice but to leave to prevent falling into an argument.

Oddly someone claimed Corrin is the most hated lord in the series and that even us were unhappy about it, I only corrected him and pointed out to this thread to escape from SaltyLand.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I got the same reaction, I don't even play Fates not do I have any spoilers, appart from the portions already shown up in the trailers.
I think there's no think as "overrepresentation", if a character is interesting go for it.

But I have the believe time will prove to be right, everybody is unleashing their frustration at Corrin, people claim Fire Emblem to be to small for that many reps, I completely disagree, Fire Emblem has rised a ton in popularity in resent years.

Where they see a NO relevant or unimportant cast of characters, Robin, Lucina and now Corin will be fan favorites for more people, for kids growing up playing these games.

I really hope people find a different way to unlesh their personal frustration than bashing others people's favorites.

I visited some threads to see how people are faring now that it's over, I never expected to see people calling for Sakurai's head and Corrin as the center of massive hate, I had no choice but to leave to prevent falling into an argument.

Oddly someone claimed Corrin is the most hated lord in the series and that even us were unhappy about it, I only corrected him and pointed out to this thread to escape from SaltyLand.
Trust me, the hate will go on for a very, very long time.
But...you're right. The kids who do not know any better will be like "WHOA THEY CAN TRANSFORM INTO A COOL DRAGON THING" and probably fall in love with the FE series when they are older.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Someone should make a gif of the part of Corrin's trailer where Lobster Lord said "Are those the heroes of the outrealms?"

Those entrances were so slick.
Also a gif for Corrin's Final Smash!

Outside of Alpharad and Etika, I actually haven't been watching any Corrin trailer reactions specifically because I want to avoid seeing

image blatantly stolen from Benishigure Benishigure

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So...yeah. I don't think any of us expected it to end like that. It's...sad to know it's truly almost over, especially with so many characters and stages left without ever seeing a chance. And to have none of my top five make it? It's...kind of like getting the wind pulled from your sails.

On the other hand, Corrin helped. A bunch of us were doing voice chat for the Direct, and we all lost it as soon as the trailer started. I take it pretty much everyone here is picking him/her up as a secondary?

I guess the best way to put this is...how does that Simpsons quote go?

"Is this a happy ending or a sad ending?"
"It's an ending, that's enough."

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
So...yeah. I don't think any of us expected it to end like that. It's...sad to know it's truly almost over, especially with so many characters and stages left without ever seeing a chance. And to have none of my top five make it? It's...kind of like getting the wind pulled from your sails.

On the other hand, Corrin helped. A bunch of us were doing voice chat for the Direct, and we all lost it as soon as the trailer started. I take it pretty much everyone here is picking him/her up as a secondary?

You have my sympathies, but don't give up hope just yet though! Smash 4 may soon be closing it's doors on new content, but the future of Smash games is looking brighter than ever!

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I would like to thank Santa Garon for fulfilling my wish of a Fates character added to Smash. Thank you, Santa Garon! I knew you were real!

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Cant say Corrin translates as well to the Smash art like Robin did. Im contento enough with the final characters, none of them were in my support list, but their gameplay looks a lot of fun.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

It's a happy(and sexy)ending to an already awesome game.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Would it be apropos to change the thread subtitle to "Corrin hype" or something similar?

I would like to thank Santa Garon for fulfilling my wish of a Fates character added to Smash. Thank you, Santa Garon! I knew you were real!
What's crazier: The fact that this exists, or that it's actually really well drawn?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Did anyone notice Lucina in Bayonetta's Illustration has short hair?
Short Hair Lucina.jpeg

Short hair and the mask. Where have I seen this combination before...
Ah, there it is! It would at least explain why she's on the same side as Bowser and Ganondorf.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
View attachment 87801
Ah, there it is! It would at least explain why she's on the same side as Bowser and Ganondorf.
She had short hair in Awakening too. Until the cutscene before the mission where you have to defend Emmeryn.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 87801
Still looks badass(just like the rest of the poster)

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Alright! Cloud releases today! Time to pick up my new secondar-
*A wild Corrin appears*
...Change of plans :4corrin::4corrin::4corrin:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
So, um, that Smash Direct was the most beautiful thing to happen. I was absolutely in shock that both Corrin and Bayonetta were revealed today, but nonetheless, I'm glad Sakurai chose these two for their uniqueness factor. Kinda bummed to see the spoiled fan-base throwing their anger against Corrin; it won't stop me from showing my jubilation though! Definitely know who I'm going to be playing as come February. :4corrin::4corrin::4corrin:

Whether or not this will be his last game, thank you Sakurai for this fantastic game. It's sad to see that the hype will begin winding down, but the fact of the matter is that no one could predict seeing all these characters from different companies coming together for one game. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm seriously considering maining as :4cloud: since his move-set really clicks with me; he's just so fun to play with. x)

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I've returned from a stage of surreal reality that occurred upon the realization that Corrin is indeed in Smash.

As most of you know, this was essentially my reaction to Corrin:

JUST LOOK AT ALL THESE I'M DROWNING IN FIRE EMBLEM HALP ME

:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4corrin:

This is the best thing ever. :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Oh yeah. I also got Cloud. :4cloud: He's pretty cool. He's actually a freakin' beast from what I can tell. Here's a few things I got from a bit of experimenting and a few matches on FG. Take note that these are based just on first impressions and could easily be proven false/go nowhere.
  • Approach game is godlike with dat Nair and Dtilt, and even his side special is useful in many approach scenarios, although it has little followup options. His Nair is also an excellent followup to a decent number of his moves.
  • Spike on Fair is better than Mario's. My God, it's so damn easy to land...
  • Recovery is somewhat mediocre without a Limit Break on it. I died at 0% to Lucas's Bair...
  • Forward Smash and Side Special put immense pressure on shielding opponents. This is good for his neutral, because as far as experimentation has gotten me, (keep in mind I haven't looked at any of the data) Cloud has a pretty ****ty grab game, with a fairly decent grab reach but just about no decent followups to any of his throws (why the hell does his Dthrow throw the opponent backwards?!).
  • With the above in mind, a Bair can be a somewhat decent followup to a Dthrow at certain percentages and no DI.
  • Limit Break OP plz nerf.
  • dat Nair tho...
This is just what I got from a few matches. Not sure for certain if this is how Cloud will end up looking in the meta in two months. Maybe somebody will contrive some good followups for his throws. I think with a decent throw game, Could would almost break the neutral. Even without good throws, he seems to be an immensely powerful character.

UPDATE: Almost forgot. This is relevant:

Last edited:

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
  • Recovery is somewhat mediocre without a Limit Break on it. I died at 0% to Lucas's Bair...
  • Forward Smash and Side Special put immense pressure on shielding opponents. This is good for his neutral, because as far as experimentation has gotten me, (keep in mind I haven't looked at any of the data) Cloud has a pretty ****ty grab game, with a fairly decent grab reach but just about no decent followups to any of his throws (why the hell does his Dthrow throw the opponent backwards?!).
  • With the above in mind, a Bair can be a somewhat decent followup to a Dthrow at certain percentages and no DI.
  • Limit Break OP plz nerf.
  • dat Nair tho...
His recovery is BAD, completely garbage. Like, almost worse than little mac because it does NOT snap the ledge unless it's the limit break Climhazzard. He's VERY easy to gimp, and his recovery doesn't even go that high to begin with. His wall jump is a saving grace. And as for the throws, down throw into cross slash (side B) works at super low percent for a hefty 30 percent.
From what I have right now, Cloud has a LOT of damage output and KO power with the limit break, and limit break charges up faster than you'd expect. Plus his limit break specials have a good amount of range to them. He's kinda like Dr Mario in a sense, he's good and very powerful, just his recovery is holding him back a LOT.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So, um, that Smash Direct was the most beautiful thing to happen. I was absolutely in shock that both Corrin and Bayonetta were revealed today, but nonetheless, I'm glad Sakurai chose these two for their uniqueness factor. Kinda bummed to see the spoiled fan-base throwing their anger against Corrin; it won't stop me from showing my jubilation though! Definitely know who I'm going to be playing as come February. :4corrin::4corrin::4corrin:

Whether or not this will be his last game, thank you Sakurai for this fantastic game. It's sad to see that the hype will begin winding down, but the fact of the matter is that no one could predict seeing all these characters from different companies coming together for one game. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm seriously considering maining as :4cloud: since his move-set really clicks with me; he's just so fun to play with. x)
OMG I SEE A TWINSIE/COPYCAT/INTRUDER OF THE SAME PROFILE PIC

Except mine has a transparent background which means it's better right~? :^)

Top Bottom