• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I think Robin will just have four little icons by her health %. As you spam a specific special, it starts to drain a resource and the corresponding icon for that element will begin to flicker as it gets low. If you run out of juice, the tome fizzles out and the icon is discoloured for a while, signifying it's no longer available. After a short time period, it will regenerate.

I think the Bronze Sword levels up to a Levin Sword just by dealing spell damage, and levels down to a Bronze Sword after dealing a certain amount of physical damage. So the ideal play style is you rack up damage with careful spell management, and go in for the kill with your empowered Levin Sword.
Hm, I definitely agree with this, especially the bit about the icons by Robin's health % since that would give the player a visual indication on what they're dealing with for management purposes rather than having to be oblivious. Mac having an indicator for the KO Punch and the emphasis aiding Olimar's strategies for Pikmin management make me me believe that this will be the case.

Mind if I add your thoughts to the list of theories?

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Yep, they should make dark tomes a own weapon symbol. Witch the Tactican can use.
Fredrick would have more reason to be suspicios if robin by some reason knew dark magic in the begging of the game.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, my guess is that durability is based on the specials. It would seem to be the case that Robin's alternate skills are the three levels of magics, with each one being more powerful than the previous, but with less durability. And several of them can be charged into the more powerful attack, Thoron for Standard Special and Bolganone for side.

Folt

Smash Ace
Dark Magic is only a subset of normal magic in Awakening. It works of the Tome rank, but is only usable by certain classes or people with certain skills (that can use Tomes). So the potential for giving Robin Dark Magic is there, but the developers presumably didn't want to make him more overpowered than he already is.

Either way, there's nothing that bars you from making Robin a Dark Mage, then promote him to Sorcerer in the actual game so I don't really care if he can't use it as a Tactician or not.

Last edited:

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
If Robin gets a green/brown alternate costume (with brown hair) you can bet I will be playing that color.

I want to play as Mark! :dizzy:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Anyone watch the GameXplain over view? I think it's pretty on point.

Side B looks to be phyre, Up B wind, standard B lightning, and down b dark.

Something to remember - in the FE games, thunder, arcthunder, and so on were different spells, and broke at different times.

I'm still not sure how the cycling works, maybe it's a charge, maybe it's uses per life, but here's what I think

You have 3 or 4 versions of each special, each starting with the weakest, and scaling to the strongest. the weakest version is always usable, but the stronger ones are...

no wait that doesn't explain the levin sword ****

Guess I'm waiting on pics of the day lol

Robin looks real interesting... I might have to pick him up xD

samsparta21

Smash Ace
The game teases both Chrom x Sumia and Chrom x F!Robin a lot. I don't think there's really a "canon" answer.
There is actually.

If you don't marry Chrom off by Chapter 11, he will either be married to whoever he has the highest support with or, if they're all the same, it follows this order:

1. Sumia
2. Maribelle
3. Sully
4. Olivia
5. F Robin

Basically if Sumia's dead he marries Maribelle etc.

Sumia is canon.

Last edited:

XionKai

Smash Cadet
What if Smash bros have Avatar, this features.
"Maybe they could do something with FE:A save data so it can read your own character.", or Customizable character.
Put Ignis on Avatar.
Have Celica's Gale, Waste, Brave Swords, or etc?
Grandmaster Outfit?
Assist Trophy Morgan?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Anyone watch the GameXplain over view? I think it's pretty on point.

Side B looks to be phyre, Up B wind, standard B lightning, and down b dark.

Something to remember - in the FE games, thunder, arcthunder, and so on were different spells, and broke at different times.

I'm still not sure how the cycling works, maybe it's a charge, maybe it's uses per life, but here's what I think

You have 3 or 4 versions of each special, each starting with the weakest, and scaling to the strongest. the weakest version is always usable, but the stronger ones are...

no wait that doesn't explain the levin sword ****

Guess I'm waiting on pics of the day lol

Robin looks real interesting... I might have to pick him up xD
I think that Robin's different levels of magics are different tomes, which can be charged to the fourth level.

So, for Robin, the default is thunder, fire, wind. I think Robin's down special WILL default to Nosferatu, but Robin will have Flux and another dark spell as an alt, too. Which is epic because they're using nearly EVERY SINGLE FE magic entirely in Robin's moveset.

Now, fire, thunder, and wind are relatively weak but are fast with higher durability. Elfire, Elthunder, and Elwind are the first custom moveset for each, and are slightly slower but stronger. They may have a different type of effect when used, too. They have less durability than Fire, Thunder, and Wind, though. Finally, the arc spells are the strongest with greatest attack radius, but they have the weakest durability of all.

I still must say, I never expected so many central aspects of Fire Emblem games to be featured in Robin's moveset such as durability, but this is awesome.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think that Robin's different levels of magics are different tomes, which can be charged to the fourth level.

So, for Robin, the default is thunder, fire, wind. I think Robin's down special WILL default to Nosferatu, but Robin will have Flux and another dark spell as an alt, too. Which is epic because they're using nearly EVERY SINGLE FE magic entirely in Robin's moveset.

Now, fire, thunder, and wind are relatively weak but are fast with higher durability. Elfire, Elthunder, and Elwind are the first custom moveset for each, and are slightly slower but stronger. They may have a different type of effect when used, too. They have less durability than Fire, Thunder, and Wind, though. Finally, the arc spells are the strongest with greatest attack radius, but they have the weakest durability of all.

I still must say, I never expected so many central aspects of Fire Emblem games to be featured in Robin's moveset such as durability, but this is awesome.
I'm actually kinda amused because imo durability is the most annoying aspect of FE but it looks like it could be fun here

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Robin could have been summarized in the trailer.

But the durability system leaves me mystified.

There are so many fears I have for how this might function. I hope it's not a one-time-per-stock thing,
I'd expect it to be no worse than 3 uses, which is the lowest durability of any weapon in Awakening (staves aren't weapons).

But, even then, the ne pronouns don't sound perfect themselves. They're just the best out of the common ones.
Those are common? This is literally the first time I've become awake of their existence. I thought you were just making stuff up until these two lines.

Red (Hostile Unit): Cloud-esque hair, bottom right.
That'd be my main, since that's my preferred Robin design.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I just hope we can have the hood up as a costume choice. That looked badass in the trailer.

And congrats to all Robin supporters! Wanted him myself, but kind of just figured Chrom had the spot.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm actually kinda amused because imo durability is the most annoying aspect of FE but it looks like it could be fun here
Durability may be annoying, but its a central strategic element of the franchise, and well, tactician... Robin's a very strategic character, it just makes sense. (Plus if you think about it, all the other FE characters have unbreakable weapons.)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I just hope we can have the hood down as a costume choice. That looked badass in the trailer.

And congrats to all Robin supporters! Wanted him myself, but kind of just figured Chrom had the spot.
You mean "her" :4robinf:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
For me, mainly because it adds more strategic elements to Robin's game. "Now that's strategy!" :)
It was always fun reclassing Robin to some class like berserker and having him wail on some guy with an axe and giving the line about strategy

I can't wait to figure out how his attacks work

Durability may be annoying, but its a central strategic element of the franchise, and well, tactician... Robin's a very strategic character, it just makes sense. (Plus if you think about it, all the other FE characters have unbreakable weapons.)
technically, the bronze sword is breakable too... I wouldn't want Robin without anything lol

Last edited:

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
I think Robin will acquire the Levin Sword upon each Tome Break, but it's uses will be limited, too. Additionally, I really don't think his other spells will be chargeable, since we only see thunder being charged.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
That'd be my main, since that's my preferred Robin design.
One very small good thing about playing games like I do (in a game with a custom or name-able character, I will always leave them as the default) is that if a crossover like this DOES happen, I always get my own character. Yeah, I suppose it's boring to not mess with customization unless the character actually is a 100% blank slate like in an MMO, but I dunno I just do it that way, feels more right to me.

Put Ignis on Avatar.
That's actually interesting to bring up. As of right now we've had no sign of seeing Ignis in Robin's Smash moveset. We haven't seen the end of the Final Smash either though, so I could see Robin and Chrom doing the final blow with Ignis and the Exalted Falchion respectively.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Robin will acquire the Levin Sword upon each Tome Break, but it's uses will be limited, too. Additionally, I really don't think his other spells will be chargeable, since we only see thunder being charged.
Well... I think that Fire and Thunder will be chargeable, but the rest won't. Unless of course Ike keeping Eruption is intended to be a nod to Bolganone, in which case Robin doesn't need Bolganone, so Thoron may be the only chargeable one.

But yeah, I definitely thing the three levels of magic are Robin's custom movesets, and the one that changes the most will be dark magic. We'll probably have Flux and Nosferatu. For the third, I'm not sure, maybe Luna?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
At first I was all like where's Robin's ice spell

I want to see some Frimbulvtr or whatever it's called

then I remembered how that one's not actually in awakening ;(

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
At first I was all like where's Robin's ice spell

I want to see some Frimbulvtr or whatever it's called

then I remembered how that one's not actually in awakening ;(
Ice isn't actually a type of spell at all, Fimbulvetr is wind magic.

Oh, Luna isn't in Awakening, so maybe it could be Flux, Nosferatu, and Waste or Ruin.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
As a FE fan, this pleases me.

While I can't say I supported any of these characters (not even Chrom, and Falcon was a given, but in dat trailer...), seeing the franchise get more than two reps is always satisfying.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sakurai has much explaining to do in the next few PoTDs. We still have a rather rudimentary idea of how he works.

I was just happy to see Wind Magic in his arsenal. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be chargeable as is an aerial, and a combo move of some sort.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ice isn't actually a type of spell at all, Fimbulvetr is wind magic.

Oh, Luna isn't in Awakening, so maybe it could be Flux, Nosferatu, and Waste or Ruin.
Yeah, but in previous fire emblem games it just belonged to the anima set, which was nature. It was ice. In the newer games, when they decided to get rid of the light/dark/anima triangle, they also had to normalize magic types, so they made a little triangle out of thunder/fire/wind and make dark it's own type; and cut out all the other stuff.

I just forget what magic is in what FE game since I go back and play older ones periodically.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, but in previous fire emblem games it just belonged to the anima set, which was nature. It was ice. In the newer games, when they decided to get rid of the light/dark/anima triangle, they also had to normalize magic types, so they made a little triangle out of thunder/fire/wind and make dark it's own type; and cut out all the other stuff.

I just forget what magic is in what FE game since I go back and play older ones periodically.
Fimbulvetr is an arctic wind, so yes, it is definitely wind magic. Its an icy wind, but its still wind magic.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Fimbulvetr is an arctic wind, so yes, it is definitely wind magic. Its an icy wind, but its still wind magic.
In the french version of Radiant dawn, Fimbulvetr is the name of the highest wind magic, but that was after the magic switch.

However, in the older games that it's in, it is described as summoning blasts of ice, and has it's own special blue book.

I speculate that it wasn't originally conceived as a wind magic, but as it's own high class and was later assimilated into the wind family, similar to the book of naga tome in awakening, which was originally a light tome, but was assimilated in awakening to fit the current system. Book of Naga gets a special blue book in awakening, similar to Fimbulvetr's special blue book on older games.

All speculation, of course.

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Chrom and Sumia also appear together in the Awakening intro. Lending credence to their canonical status.

I hope both Robin and Lucina get their promotions as alternate costumes.

Folt

Smash Ace
The Fire/Thunder/Wind trinity was conceived way before the Anima/Light/Dark trinity, in Seisen no Keifu. An ice spell was included as a siege tome belonging to the Wind category, so ice spells being a part of wind was kinda already written in stone regarding the FEverse.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Fimbulvetr looked like Ice magic in FE7 if I remember correctly, and wind magic didn't exist back then.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
The Fire/Thunder/Wind trinity was conceived way before the Anima/Light/Dark trinity, in Seisen no Keifu. An ice spell was included as a siege tome belonging to the Wind category, so ice spells being a part of wind was kinda already written in stone regarding the FEverse.
Welp, that's further back than I've played, so I can't argue.

I kinda miss the light/dark/anima triangle though. I feel like there are less mage options in awakening than there could have been.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I know they take a while to be put up, but for some reason I find it hilarious that Robin's icon (and the other two as well) on the main page is just a black void.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Fimbulvetr looked like Ice magic in FE7 if I remember correctly, and wind magic didn't exist back then.
Fimbulvetr spews ice on opponents and then shatters the ice with wind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWgm5tgpybg

I will admit, Fimbulvetr has a blue tome, but its still clearly a swirling arctic wind that then freezes over opponents. I was pretty sure one of the 3D games had a very similar attack as well.

Actually, it does:

http://youtu.be/geZ11REU9VQ?t=2m32s

Rexcalibur basically is Fimbulvetr renamed.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Guys, stop saying that Chrom/Sumia is canon. I pair them together, but there is nothing stopping you from pairing them with literally anyone else. It's pushed, but it's not official. Chrom/Sully, Chrom/Maribbelle, Chrom/Female!Robin, and Chrom/Olivia (Even though it's my NOTP) are all viable alternatives.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, stop saying that Chrom/Sumia is canon. I pair them together, but there is nothing stopping you from pairing them with literally anyone else. It's pushed, but it's not official. Chrom/Sully, Chrom/Maribbelle, Chrom/Female!Robin, and Chrom/Olivia (Even though it's my NOTP) are all viable alternatives.
Well Chrom standing with Sumia (holding presumuably Lucina) can be seen in the FE: Awakening intro.

So it may not be canon but it is already heavily suggested by the game itself.
1:26.

I will say I think the whole "Forced Marriage" thing is a little annoying, mostly because it blindsided me in my first playthrough and killed my shipping of Virion X Sully. :ohwell:

Top Bottom