• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Again, super happy about Robin, been convincing others, making movesets, and believing in Sakurai because honestly Robin is a smarter choice than Chrom. Chrom doesn't use magic, and Robin represents a huge yet long-ignored-in-smash element of Fire Emblem. What an interesting moveset too! It looks like it may take a bit to master but I'm up to the task! Do y'all think these default Robins will get recolors with simple robe and hair recoloring or will their faces and hairstyles change like Villager?

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
So I don't think we have discussed the possibility of Robin Floating much yet, just a mention or two. Obviously in the animated intro he was, but that doesnt necessarily mean much... who knows what the animators wanted to show.

The more convincing scene (as mentioned by someone earlier, ORV05.) was at 1:36. It reaaaallly looks like Robin is floating backwards away from the Lil Mac, there are sparkles below him and everything. To me at least thats pretty convincing evidence. He then up-b's right out of the float like thing. So maybe it takes your second jump?

Thoughts? Alternate interpretations?

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Text translates to "Ruflet (Robin) and Lucina confirmed!"

Do y'all think these default Robins will get recolors with simple robe and hair recoloring or will their faces and hairstyles change like Villager?
Definitely. I think the different colours will get different hair styles.

ToastMiller

Smash Apprentice
So I don't think we have discussed the possibility of Robin Floating much yet, just a mention or two. Obviously in the animated intro he was, but that doesnt necessarily mean much... who knows what the animators wanted to show.

The more convincing scene (as mentioned by someone earlier, ORV05.) was at 1:36. It reaaaallly looks like Robin is floating backwards away from the Lil Mac, there are sparkles below him and everything. To me at least thats pretty convincing evidence. He then up-b's right out of the float like thing. So maybe it takes your second jump?

Thoughts? Alternate interpretations?
Looks like it's just a backwards jump, unfortunately.

I think the possibilty of Robin getting floating is possible, not highly probable though. It would certainly advance his Game.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah, I guess at this point with everyone else getting such creative alts Robin deserves a few! Maybe the option of the girl with the crazy hair and eyepatch? Lemme see here... ah! Yup, this is the one.
Her design seems so interesting that it just hasta be featured here.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah, I guess at this point with everyone else getting such creative alts Robin deserves a few! Maybe the option of the girl with the crazy hair and eyepatch? Lemme see here... ah! Yup, this is the one.
Her design seems so interesting that it just hasta be featured here.
I agree that it is an intriguing design, but I have a feeling that if hair-styles are changed, that he will stay confined to the "default" set of hair/face. I do enjoy Vegeta-Robin, however.

someonetookjacob

Smash Apprentice
Looks like it's just a backwards jump, unfortunately.

I think the possibilty of Robin getting floating is possible, not highly probable though. It would certainly advance his Game.
Hmm. But If its just a backwards jump whats the deal with the sparkles below him? Do you think they are just a... fancy magic jump affect?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I agree that it is an intriguing design, but I have a feeling that if hair-styles are changed, that he will stay confined to the "default" set of hair/face. I do enjoy Vegeta-Robin, however.
Why do ya feel that? The Villager's alts have many different outfits, faces, hairstyles, and hair colors! I don't see why Robin would be limited, it shouldn't effect hitboxes or anything?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Wah, four more pages when I was sleeping. This thread is moving fast for some reason :p

TheMiddleVeen

Smash Cadet
I think i just found my new main/mains... I loved Marth in brawl, but not that Robin is in and Lucina I'm jumping ship over to them. I'm glad they went with Robin over Chrom. I loved Chrom in Awakening but I'm ok with not having another blue haired male lord swordsman in the game. Robin looks like he/she needs to tactical and strategic when fighting so I think this is living up to Robin's character.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wah, four more pages when I was sleeping. This thread is moving fast for some reason :p
I have no idea why... maybe because Lucina was confirmed?

Why do ya feel that? The Villager's alts have many different outfits, faces, hairstyles, and hair colors! I don't see why Robin would be limited, it shouldn't effect hitboxes or anything?
I suppose hair-styles do not have much to do with the height of a character. It was just an arbitrary sentiment. Ignore me. :4robinf:

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
So now that Robin is in the game, what do you guys think the chances are of there actually being a (likely Dark Pit styled) Grima alt? I guess not so much with Chrom as the final smash, but it would still be hilarious to hear the evil Grima version of their voice calling on Chrom to help.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So what does everyone think of ElWind? Do you guys think that the whirly ground wind move is actually Elwind used on the ground?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I suppose hair-styles do not have much to do with the height of a character. It was just an arbitrary sentiment. Ignore me. :4robinf:
Aw, don't sweat it! I could actually see them shortening ol' Vegeta-hair Robin and letting some of the hitbox on her hair haha
But do any of ya think we'll get any alternate costumes? Like uhh... well I dunno. Grima-Robin? Doesn't look too different. Maybe Morgan? Or no, Robin's kids actually are too short. Huh. I guess an alternate gender is enough anyway.

Hong

The Strongest
I like your avatar. She seems kind of cute. Who is that?
So now that Robin is in the game, what do you guys think the chances are of there actually being a (likely Dark Pit styled) Grima alt? I guess not so much with Chrom as the final smash, but it would still be hilarious to hear the evil Grima version of their voice calling on Chrom to help.
I could imagine an Akuma-esque character with fewer projectiles, but attacks that seem more demonic like the styles of Satsui no Hado. More about getting in close and blowing up her foes than playing a keep-away game.
Aw, don't sweat it! I could actually see them shortening ol' Vegeta-hair Robin and letting some of the hitbox on her hair haha
But do any of ya think we'll get any alternate costumes? Like uhh... well I dunno. Grima-Robin? Doesn't look too different. Maybe Morgan? Or no, Robin's kids actually are too short. Huh. I guess an alternate gender is enough anyway.
I think a hooded Robin is in the cards.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe Validar can come to Grima's aid? I do not find another alternate entirely plausible myself, but I am holding out for Hooded Robin... ESPECIALLY, if it doubles as a Grima alternative.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I think a hooded Robin is in the cards.
Ohh, yeah, can't believe I didn't think of that, especially with Little Mac's hooded alt and all!
Maybe Validar can come to Grima's aid? I do not find another alternate entirely plausible myself, but I am holding out for Hooded Robin... ESPECIALLY, if it doubles as a Grima alternative.
Ahh! Combined with this, could be a great alt! Hooded, with evil quotes courtesy of Grima, and Validar or evil Morgan assisting for the final smash! More villains would be awesome! Ooh I've always wanted to be an intimidating badass girl villain! With my scary purple hood muahaha fear me~

D

Deleted member

So what does everyone think of ElWind? Do you guys think that the whirly ground wind move is actually Elwind used on the ground?
Wind tome Neutral Combo variant, assuming you mean that clip with Kirby.

Whether or not this is specifically Elwind (the spell itself, not what looks to be Robin's U-B/recovery move) has yet to be confirmed but if only the Thunder tomes charge then it may be so.

Krmog

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3007-8544-5496
The book of Naga compelles you~ Morgan assist trophy would be nice with the power of family :4robinm::4lucina:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I changed my avatar and updated my signature to officially join the hype train again. :awesome:

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576

Well you can BASICALLY be Morgan through customization, just ever so slightly different. I could easily see a Morgan look as an alt, just the same height, nothing wrong with that, one of the Robins had to be scaled to a different size anyway.

The book of Naga compelles you~ Morgan assist trophy would be nice with the power of family :4robinm::4lucina:
I'm still banking on either Tharja (49.99% on this one) or Tiki (50.01% on this one) as the second Fire Emblem Assist.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Well you can BASICALLY be Morgan through customization, just ever so slightly different. I could easily see a Morgan look as an alt, just the same height, nothing wrong with that, one of the Robins had to be scaled to a different size anyway.
True... though, I'm not sure how much scaling could really be done, hitboxes and all that. But...if Morgans from the future... isn't he/she basically the same age/height as the present's Robin? So... maybe it wouldn't be too much of a stretch. But the other issue is that Morgan is a separate character. I had no problem with different characters as alts to sort of compromise with clone character situations (like maybe Lucas as an alt for Ness with his own voice) but seeing what they've done for Lucina as a clone character it's kind of hard to imagine Morgan making the cut because if they were an alt/clone they would have been in this trailer. Unless unlockable but that's kinda... I dunno, I wouldn't expect that at all. Hmm... well at least we can be sure Morgan will get a trophy! I mean, probably, right?

Last edited:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
So, a thought about having a limited number of Elwind uses and recovery.

Maybe Elwind doesn't put Robin into special fall, and it can be used multiple times in the air. If you watch the clip where he uses it against Little Mac, it looks like he might be using it two separate times. This would allow Robin to recover from anywhere, but at a greater cost depending on distance. This might make up for him lookin' like Yoshi out there after running out of Elwinds.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I want them to go complete ape **** with the alternative outfits when it comes to Robin. As some have said, yea, there's some nutso design you can do with both female and male Robin and I want em to get the same treatment that villager did.

Spiky haired eyepatch Robin though is definitely top tier Robin.

#tipthescales

EDIT: I really wanna main this character btw. I really do. Every time a new interesting characters comes out I wanna go to em, but indefenitly i'll still probably gravitate towards Lucario. Still though. ****ing...Robin by far looks like the most interesting to me out of the newcomers. Maybe i'm just a sucker for mage types. Or playing too much awakening made me attached to this character. Uhg. :T

Last edited:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
It might be a bit less hilarious if he was calling on a Chrom who had become a Risen.

Hong

The Strongest
Personally I think Robin should not only get hair styles of her or his own gender, but that of other Awakening characters, perhaps Fire Emblem.

I propose the following palettes. If you are a TR0000000000000 R081|\| F4|\| you have seen these before.
PS I am just kidding. New and old, you are all welcome here. :D

Robin♀
Default Hooded Edition
Red (Hostile Unit): Cloud-esque hair, bottom right.
Blue (Friendly Unit): Long hair with ribbons, second from bottom left
Green (Neutral Unit): Nah's pigtails
Lavender: Katarina

Robin♂
Default Hooded Edition
Red: Longer straight hair, second from bottom right
Blue: Donnel's pot
Green: ****ing majestic hair as seen bottom middle
Lavender: Pent

Granted, Pent has sort of similar hair, but that colour is fabulous

Last edited:

Reila

I just want to give my two cents about the he/she thing discussed a few pages ago: I think the best way to refer to Robin is using "they" regardless of it being right or wrong according to the English language rules. I am calling Robin with female pronouns, but I can easily call Robin "they" if we agree on this. Though regardless of what is the consensus here, most people in the fandom will still call Robin "he", since the male Robin got the spotlight in the reveal trailer.

Hong

The Strongest
A real shame, too.

It is because Robin is represented as the most default of the defaults, and that is why they had the male, or was it just Mr. Sakurai picking and choosing?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
HEY EVERYBODY!!!

Welcome to the MARTH EMPIRE :D

May be better known as the Fabulous Empire or Fire Emblem Empire at this point (we conquered the ZSS civilization in '11).

I'm pretty excited we finally have a MAGE in Smash. He's the first new character I've been really excited about the reveal of thus far. Lucina being different and potentially faster + LEVIN SWORD **** YEAH! Finally has me less anxious about my character choices in the new game! PARTY TIME!

Reila

I dunno. I think the fact Lucina was in the trailer, Shiranui decided to use the male Robin to "counter-balance" the newcomers or whatever. Villager is already male by default, Mii Fighters have two male and only one female in their banner, with Wii Fit Trainer being the only female by default, so... Three male and one female. I am truly grateful we can choose to play as female Robin, but IMO it would have been better to use female Robin in the trailer.

ToastMiller

Smash Apprentice
So The PoTD is only confirming Lucina as a separate character slot and not a costume *sigh* it's dumb we have a full fledged clone.
No info on robin, Oh well.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really want an Assassin's Creed hooded Robin though. With glowing eyes.

As for male/female, Male Robin makes sense, as it is his most recognizable look. Wasn't it the first one unveiled for Awakening?

ToastMiller

Smash Apprentice
I dunno. I think the fact Lucina was in the trailer, Shiranui decided to use the male Robin to "counter-balance" the newcomers or whatever. Villager is already male by default, Mii Fighters have two male and only one female in their banner, with Wii Fit Trainer being the only female by default, so... Three male and one female. I am truly grateful we can choose to play as female Robin, but IMO it would have been better to use female Robin in the trailer.
Female robin wouldn't have seemd as cool in the trailer with him rescuing Lucina, She wouldn't have been able to apply her sexy masculine voice and calmness to the situation.

Top Bottom