• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Well, it happened. I never thought it possible, but it happened: between the hype on this forum, and "magic swordsman," Robin just upstaged Greninja as my new main.
andrew_.jpg

"Back to the pond, froggie!"

Morbi

Scavenger
Remember, SmashBoards is E for everyone. :D
His bulging pectoral muscles are not PG-13? I knew that they could swoon any (non-blind) woman, but I did not realize that they were not safe for work. Robin puts in that effort, not only is he a scholarly gentlemen, but he lifts too, bro!
:4robinm:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The Chrom and Robin team up is great. It's relevant, and matches up with the team mechanics of Awakening.

All it needs now is for Chrom and Robin to wrap up the final hit with an Aether + Ignis combination attack.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I do have to admit, I was slightly confused when Chrom was not used in Lucina's Final Smash. I am; however, glad that things turned out the way that they did.
i hate it.

i had to see my most wanted be treated like ****, and them be deconfirmed in a way that says "don't even think of DLC, it's not happening".
I believe this is better than most deconfirmed characters get. In my opinion, his role is more prominent than any assist trophy at this rate.

Hong

The Strongest
Robin could have been summarized in the trailer.

But the durability system leaves me mystified.

There are so many fears I have for how this might function. I hope it's not a one-time-per-stock thing,

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I'm scared to go to bed.... I might wake up and not see Robin, Lucina, and DA FALCON in the morning....:<

D

Deleted member

I have developed yet another theory, this time for the Levin Sword:

1.) Robin starts with the Bronze Sword.

2.) Once you ditch a tome after using it up, you can press the corresponding special move for that particular tome, and you'll get the Levin Sword.

3.) Levin Sword can only be used so much until breaking.

4.) After the Levin Sword breaks, you get the Bronze Sword back and you'll regain whatever tome you used up.

5.) The Circle of Life continues.

It's all just a theory.
It sounds pretty good, the major flaw I could see with it though is that since it would replace the tome that got used up, it could replace, say Robin's Wind Tome (which she seems to use for recovery) rendering Robin's recovery basically nonexistent until the Sword breaks.

I also see a problem with the fact that this would mean an entire set of non-custom special moves would have to be crafted for each special direction when Robin is using the Levin Sword in place of one of her tomes.

But that's just me.

Good food for speculation.

Morbi

Scavenger
Just you wait! With @Lordling as Lucina and myself as male Robin, we will rock the Online scene with our combined greatness!
My sister and I are going to go online together and represent: Lucina and Male Robin and Female and Male Robin. Female Robin... and Ike... if that counts!
:4robinm::4myfriends::4robinf:
Ike: "Why do I feel like a third wheel that has yet to prepare himself? I suppose it does not matter. I fight for my friends!"

:4lucina:
Lucina: "Oh... but you are not alone, dear Ike. Please, S-Rank me, do the impossible! Hug me with those gorilla arms! Make everything okay. I am just a lost little girl."

I am probably going to go crawl in the deepest recesses of the internet and never show my face again. Goodbye, fellow Tacticians. :urg:

D

Deleted member

Robin could have been summarized in the trailer.

But the durability system leaves me mystified.

There are so many fears I have for how this might function. I hope it's not a one-time-per-stock thing,
I get the feeling that after you burn through a particular tome, it might work similar to Rosalina's respawn time where it takes a few seconds before the "broken" tome is replaced with a fresh one.

It would also make sense from a canonical standpoint since Robin, ever the excellent tactician, would always make sure to keep the stock full on all the weapons that she and the Shepherds may need.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
My sister and I are going to go online together and represent: Lucina and Male Robin and Female and Male Robin. Female Robin... and Ike... if that counts!
:4robinm::4myfriends::4robinf:
Ike: "Why do I feel like a third wheel that has yet to prepare himself? I suppose it does not matter. I fight for my friends!"

:4lucina:
Lucina: "Oh... but you are not alone, dear Ike. Please, S-Rank me, do the impossible! Hug me with those gorilla arms! Make everything okay. I am just a lost little girl."

I am probably going to go crawl in the deepest recesses of the internet and never show my face again. Goodbye, fellow Tacticians. :urg:
Actually, my Avatar and Lucina ended up together. Morgan's a frickin' BEAST now. They grow up so fast...

Off topic, anyone else here hoping for Grandmaster alts?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I shall strive to become the greatest Robin player ever known.

I shall enter a national.

I shall blaze right through winners bracket.

I will 3 stock my opponent in all the 3 games in Grand Finals.

All of this for the sole purpose of going on stage, saying "Checkmate.", dropping the mic, and walking out.

D

Deleted member

I shall strive to become the greatest Robin player ever known.

I shall enter a national.

I shall blaze right through winners bracket.

I will 3 stock my opponent in all the 3 games in Grand Finals.

All of this for the sole purpose of going on stage, saying "Checkmate.", dropping the mic, and walking out.
And I'll be that one Rosalina main that'll eliminate you. :troll:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Alright. My Day 1 editing of the OP is over. I still have a little more work to do so bare with me. Hope you all are okay with things for now (at least for the most part).

And hopefully the next PotD (possibly more than 1 pic :)) will provide some Robin info that we're hungry for!

Please start with Robin's mechanics Sakurai

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You know, I really love that Robin's reveal has helped the general mood of the site so much. There's been so much despair not only because we thought the remaining (Gematsu) three were the only newcomers, but because they (except for Shulk) didn't give the roster any choices a ton of people really wanted, either from a character standpoint, or an archetype.

Just...it's nice.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I get the feeling that after you burn through a particular tome, it might work similar to Rosalina's respawn time where it takes a few seconds before the "broken" tome is replaced with a fresh one.

It would also make sense from a canonical standpoint since Robin, ever the excellent tactician, would always make sure to keep the stock full on all the weapons that she and the Shepherds may need.
2013-03-01-468-MagicTomes.jpg

Hong

The Strongest

Anna will show up and charge you for paid tome replenishment DLC.:denzel:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Oh my Gosh, the first thing I'm doing when a Wii U/3DS is hackable is making Robin look like Trunks from DBZ. (The sword Trunks.)

Morbi

Scavenger
You know, I really love that Robin's reveal has helped the general mood of the site so much. There's been so much despair not only because we thought the remaining (Gematsu) three were the only newcomers, but because they (except for Shulk) didn't give the roster any choices a ton of people really wanted, either from a character standpoint, or an archetype.

Just...it's nice.
I agree. I am glad that Robin was the character to change the speculation scene for the better. She gives people hope, the fear has ceased and people can go back to supporting feasible characters even if they are not listed on that god-forsaken leak. Not only that, but Chrom was almost universally hated, so it is great that Sakurai was aware of that, and instead of going for the overt popular choice, he went for the choice with the observable move-set potential. He has earned my respect indefinitely.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
From this point forward, when referring to Robin via pronoun, can we please use "s/he"? That way we don't offend anyone using our non-preferred gender.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Robin would be a much better rep for FE:A than Chrom. I don't doubt that Chrom could have a unique moveset and playstyle, but three blue-haired swordsmen would get a bit old aesthetically. Robin could use a mix of swords and magic.
Damn I am good

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I make an effort to use "Robin" whenever I can. I just feel odd using the s/he every time.

Don't see why calling Robin either a him or a her exclusively should be a big deal though. We all know who we're talking about.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
From this point forward, when referring to Robin via pronoun, can we please use "s/he"? That way we don't offend anyone using our non-preferred gender.
I typically always use "s/he" or just say "Robin" when it's appropriate. It may be repetitive, but I don't mind going out of my way to do that.

Morbi

Scavenger
I wonder how much gold Chrom would put up to make the roster... :troll:

...Is it too soon?
It has not even been one day as of current. So yes, it is "too soon," please respect the deceased.

It would offend me if you used, "s/he." Robin is and will always be a female. Get over here it.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
Eh, Lucina is practically an alternate costume, the site just has "updated" in the corner of her portrait. I'm good with it.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
I'm going to use he because:
1) I'm a guy
2) My Robin is a guy
3) I operate on efficiency
4) he is two characters shorter than s/he
5) he is one character shorter than she
6) he is grammatically correct (though completely insensitive) when referring to a gender neutral/unknown subject
7) I'm not going to be offended if people use she/her, and I think everyone should use what makes the most sense to them (he, she, s/he, he/she, her/him, etc.).

I hope none of you are offended, I mean well.

Also, Robin almost makes up for tripping in Brawl.

Edit: if anyone is seriously offended by this please let me know.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
It sounds pretty good, the major flaw I could see with it though is that since it would replace the tome that got used up, it could replace, say Robin's Wind Tome (which she seems to use for recovery) rendering Robin's recovery basically nonexistent until the Sword breaks.

I also see a problem with the fact that this would mean an entire set of non-custom special moves would have to be crafted for each special direction when Robin is using the Levin Sword in place of one of her tomes.

But that's just me.

Good food for speculation.
I see what you mean. The Wind Tome will be used up eventually during battle though, so that would make his recovery nonexistent regardless. Maybe there is a button input that regenerates tomes. I'm hoping we get a Pic of the Day soon that dives into this stuff.

Morbi

Scavenger
Weeeeeell, we did technically get 3 blue-haired swords lords, but I'm perfectly fine with it considering who else we got. :shades:
I agree. A female blue-haired Lord was a great and ideal choice, fortunately Sakurai still gave us our 3rd Lord. It would have been better if we had Chrom as well. But I suppose that the past is done. Robin is our favorite Lord now!

Top Bottom