• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
At least while you have your tomes, it seems like somewhere just outside of Marth tipper range is a good place to be relative to your opponent (maybe a bit further out? Probably a bit further out). Depending on the ending lag of each move, that should give you enough room to space with thunder + Arc Fire. Additionally that seems like a good range to be at in order to follow up after a successful Arc Thunder.

Basically I second Neo Zero's mid range thoughts.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I was curious why Robin didn't have light magic in their trailer but I forgot there was no light magic in Awakening.

D

Deleted member

I was curious why Robin didn't have light magic in their trailer but I forgot there was no light magic in Awakening.
I hope I'm not the only guy that's mad about that.

I really liked the Anima/Dark/Light Triangle concept and building a strong Bishop.

But they took it all away. :glare:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well guys...it happened. Robin was confirmed, despite the odds, and I couldn't be happier. That reveal trailer was wicked. I've lost track of the number of times I've watched it. lol I'm so very happy right now. :love:
I will NEVER lose count of how many times I view the video. I have watched it 69 times attempting to divulge the strategies within.
:4robinm::4robinf:

Last edited:

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229

I really liked the Anima/Dark/Light Triangle concept and building a strong Bishop.

The absence of this triangle actually really confused me the first time i attempted to play Awakening.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I will NEVER lose count of how many times I view the video. I have watched it 69 times attempting to divulge the strategies within.
Haha. I mostly watched the video because it was so...awesome. Robin's entrance couldn't have been done better imo.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Can this thread be used for the looks of Robin? I mean think they will go far enough like the Miss into placing the Robin we created ourselves in the game or default Robin is permanent? I made myself into the ugly, older almost bald haired guy lol.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I don't want to be a hype-killer, but if we're getting a "magic swordsman," I'd rather have gotten Crono, Sora, or Isaac/Matthew.
THAT SAID, I'm super-stoked that the male version of Robin is nearly identical to my version of him in FE: Awakening.
It's like- it's like...
IT'S LIKE SAKURAI WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO PUT ME INTO THE GAME.

But...the Levin sword? REALLY? Not a Killing Edge, or a Brave Sword, or...

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Looking at female Robin she reminds me so much of Micaiah.
Oh yeah? Well Micaiah reminds ME of Female Robin!

Haha. I mostly watched the video because it was so...awesome. Robin's entrance couldn't have been done better imo.
I did want the field scene to be honest, but beggars cannot be choosers. They had to incorporate Lucina and Falcon into the trailer somehow. Speaking of which... Robin has the honor of being introduced with Smash's most iconic and enduring character ever. That is 3xcellent in and of itself.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
if you count the times i watched it from reaction videos, plus the times i watched it because it was amazing, i guess 112... oh wait i'm watching it now so make that 113.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
For easy work purposes, I think hooded Robin is a given. Or at the least you can toggle it on with a taunt. People who play League of Legends and know of Nighthunter Rengar will understand what Im talking about.
This. I definitely want a hooded Avatar. It's how I pictured the Avatar getting in in the first place, since it'd allow a single model with just two voice files.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
I don't want to be a hype-killer, but if we were getting a "magic swordsman," I'd rather have gotten Crono, Sora, or Isaac/Matthew.
THAT SAID, I'm super-stoked that the male version of Robin is nearly identical to my version of him in FE: Awakening.
It's like- it's like...
IT'S LIKE SAKURAI WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO PUT MII INTO THE GAME.
FTFY ;)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
XD The "I suppose I'll get my chance another day." gag... something tells me people will be pulling that gag out for Smash 5.
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club
Hey, I said if we get female Robin, and no Chrom I'd be satisfied. While I would prefer Micaiah, I think I can handle this. Look, both her and Lucina are in my signature.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't want to be a hype-killer, but if we were getting a "magic swordsman," I'd rather have gotten Crono, Sora, or Isaac/Matthew.
It's like- it's like...
Do not worry, good sir, you are not a "hype-killer." In fact, you instilled the hype in me once more. I had already become accustomed to what has been. Not what could have been. I could only imagine my disappointment if Crono, Sora, or Isaac/Matthew were revealed instead.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
It's like you don't put in any effort into your character customization.
Hey, I said if we get female Robin, and no Chrom I'd be satisfied. While I would prefer Micaiah, I think I can handle this. Look, both her and Lucina are in my signature.
Hey hun, I just like to tease you. ^~^

Folt

Smash Ace
Id just like to say you guys are all doing a good job. Also shoutouts to @ Hokori Hokori for putting this much work in the OP, it's awesome.

Robin to me seems to generally be a mid range character to me, not excelling at long or melee combat, but able to do both well. His mid screen control however looks very very good.
At least while you have your tomes, it seems like somewhere just outside of Marth tipper range is a good place to be relative to your opponent (maybe a bit further out? Probably a bit further out). Depending on the ending lag of each move, that should give you enough room to space with thunder + Arc Fire. Additionally that seems like a good range to be at in order to follow up after a successful Arc Thunder.

Basically I second Neo Zero's mid range thoughts.
Sounds about right. Spellcasters in Fire Emblem, despite being hitting at 1-2 range, never had the longest reach unless they were using one of the siege tomes, and the spells that I've seen Robin use certainly appears to be tooled for a mid-range fighter, while haing good long-range and close-range options as well.

Of course, the similiarities in regards to how Fire Emblem do range for spellcasters is probably coincidental so take these comparisons with a grain of salt.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

The magic triangle served as a perfect counterpart to the Weapons Triangle. You aren't alone, bud.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
>"Robin brings the thunder."

>First thunderstorm in my area in weeks, and a large one at that.

It's a sign. I know it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Robin is by far the most complex character in Fire Emblem too date... all too fitting for a master Tactician. I'm really loving the look of this. Robin is going to be a very interesting character to dissect and work with, and is clearly a character who will be difficult to master in the long run. Might make maining Robin harder, but I don't care, they just look so awesome.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
It's like you don't put in any effort into your character customization.
Actually, it's very similar to my actual appearance: male, short blonde hair, a voice that's neither too deep nor too high. Actually, when I was making him, I thought, "Geez, am I really this generic in real life?!"

Hong

The Strongest
Actually, it's very similar to my actual appearance: male, short blonde hair, a voice that's neither too deep nor too high. Actually, when I was making him, I thought, "Geez, am I really this generic in real life?!"
XD Gosh. Didn't meant to inadvertently insult you.

I did that to @Glaciacott as well. You both have my apologies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am always an enthusiast of more aesthetic diversity, that is one of the predominant reasons that I supported Robin. However, I am not certain that the costume is not her gender-swap to be honest. In the regard, I could not ask for anything more. In terms of palette, Robin is unique in that she can have different hair. Sakurai is usually hesitant to alter the hair color of characters on the roster. Fur seems to be subject to change and we have seen characters with different hair before: Bowser or The Legend of Zelda cast, Lucas has one. My point is that most of those are only one or two slight variations to represent a different incarnation or character. Robin on the other hand, I would be surprised if ANY of her palettes retained white hair. The option to select hair color is a staple of Robin's character. He can go to town and have fun with it. I would not mind a "Lyn" (green) or "blue-haired Lord" option. After that, my personal favorites are purple (especially for male) and cyan (especially for female). Lastly, black so that I can have my generic anime heroes.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
XD Gosh. Didn't meant to inadvertently insult you.

I did that to @Glaciacott as well. You both have my apologies.
It's all good, bud! In any other forum, they're fighting words, but here I know we're in a warm, family-esque atmosphere where no-one is safe from a little good-natured teasing. (Please see the link in my signature.)

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I doubt the outfits will change, but I do expect/hope to see some different hairstyles and colors like we saw with the Villager. If the robe has to change colors along with any head/hair changes, then so bit.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
More like neutral magic, since it has no effects really.
Well, it's traditionally Light magic (in the one other game I recall it being in), and it's not like any of the other magic styles have effects other than Wind.

D

Deleted member

I like the one with the bulge that compares to Captain Falcon as well. :4robinm:

Is that a (strategy) book? Or are you just happy to see me?
Cause everyone just walks around with their books in their pants. Satchels/Book Bags don't exist at all.

Is Books-in-Pants something you all started without me? :surprised:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I have developed yet another theory, this time for the Levin Sword:

1.) Robin starts with the Bronze Sword.

2.) Once you ditch a tome after using it up, you can press the corresponding special move for that particular tome, and you'll get the Levin Sword.

3.) Levin Sword can only be used so much until breaking.

4.) After the Levin Sword breaks, you get the Bronze Sword back and you'll regain whatever tome you used up.

5.) The Circle of Life continues.

It's all just a theory.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I doubt the outfits will change, but I do expect/hope to see some different hairstyles and colors like we saw with the Villager. If the robe has to change colors along with any head/hair changes, then so bit.
I will probably die a little inside and stick with the default in that event; however, as I stated previously... if more colors enthrall newcomers to join our Shepherds... I am all for it. :4robinf:(:urg:)

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
My main question is how will it be triggered? Some characters just need to get the orb and call it a day (Sonic, Fox, etc), while others need to get it and align properly (Marth). Some others need to get the orb and then be within melee distance (Greninja). Which will Robin be?

Morbi

Scavenger
I cannot even recall what I wanted for a Final Smash to be honest, perhaps it was Ignis? Regardless, as a Chrom fan, I actually enjoy the fan-service and I hope that Mercer's dream comes true during the Final Smash of the female variant. Please, Sakurai.

Top Bottom