• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Would've been fine/great.
Bless based Sakurai saving the world with a dose of Yuri for once (Japanese culture is so pro-yaoi right now).
The disturbance in the force is too large to ignore.

Maybe next time.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Female robin wouldn't have seemd as cool in the trailer with him rescuing Lucina, She wouldn't have been able to apply her sexy masculine voice and calmness to the situation.
Why not? She rescuing Lucina would have been just as cool.

No one seemed to have a problem with a woman saving other in that one popular Disney movie.

ToastMiller

Smash Apprentice
Why not? She rescuing Lucina would have been just as cool.

No one seemed to have a problem with a woman saving other in that one popular Disney movie.
Not saying it wouldnt have been cool but it wouldn't have been the same effect they were trying to achieve IMO.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I liked both male and female Robin and really i'd be cool if they used either in the trailer. I do prefer male Robin though. Just because I used him for my first run of awakening and had the funnest collecting all the potential waifu's with him.

I dunno. I guess basically, I just don't care what gender you refer Robin too. It's the same person regardless of what gender, so treat your Robin as you would a pokemon and refer to him/her in what ever gender you feel more comfortable with.

Also woman Robin saving Lucina would have had the same effect for me I think. She honestly has just as much stage presents as male robin to me. Still a strong leader, that does everything in her power to keep all her allies alive and she's competent enough to do it.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hm, in Smash though Lucina and Robin seem to be just friends, which is totally fine, I'll just kinda...have to get used to Lucina not being my avatar's daughter? Ah damn Fire Emblem Awakening with its endless alternate dimensions, so confusing haha, but yeah, seems the save file smash Robin and Lucina come from has kinda default supports? I hope Lucina's trophy makes clear who her mother is in the smash universe! It would be such a small fun fact and I love that kinda stuff so much.

Hong

The Strongest
Hm, in Smash though Lucina and Robin seem to be just friends, which is totally fine, I'll just kinda...have to get used to Lucina not being my avatar's daughter? Ah damn Fire Emblem Awakening with its endless alternate dimensions, so confusing haha, but yeah, seems the save file smash Robin and Lucina come from has kinda default supports? I hope Lucina's trophy makes clear who her mother is in the smash universe! It would be such a small fun fact and I love that kinda stuff so much.
If it's Sumia I swear to ****ing god

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Please refrain from taking this 'joke' too far because it has gotten to the point where it no longer sounds like a joke and is seriously grinding my gears.

Please refrain from being sexist. Similarly to what I stated above it is hard to tell if this is really a 'joke' anymore.

I don't mean to slam down the hammer but I don't want this thread to delve in to sensitive topics.
calvin-and-hobbes-x-chromosomes.gif

Foghorn-Leghorn-Thats-a-joke-son-You-missed-it-Flew-right-by-ya.jpg

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I'm going to assume from the trailer that Male Robin is canon and RobinxLucina are the official pair along with ChromxSumia

Hong

The Strongest
To be fair, I am not just saying this because I wanted Robin and not Chrom, but this Final Smash is ingenious.

If you haven't seen it, catch the Final Smash in slow motion. Notice how Chrom warps in and dashes towards Robin.

It's to attack the enemy from behind. It's an ambush. A tactic. An actual battle strategy.

They not only worked Chrom into Robin's Final Smash, but it makes a lot of sense for the character, and it's a huge honour for both of them to be working together in unison. What, would you want Stahl to appear and ambush them instead? Of course it will be Chrom. It also represents the bond they shared, which is central to the story. They went with someone iconic and important, and it's way better than not having Chrom at all.

Unless you would propose Chrom should have been playable as a character before Robin. Well, to each their own. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hong

The Strongest
I'm going to assume from the trailer that Male Robin is canon and RobinxLucina are the official pair along with ChromxSumia

Begone, Sumia-believing heretic. Robin is the mother of the Robin in the video. Prove me otherwise.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. But If its just a backwards jump whats the deal with the sparkles below him? Do you think they are just a... fancy magic jump affect?
In the trailer at 1:48, Robins uses Levin in the air against Fox and he got the sparkles below him. Later at 2:02 he jumps over Lucina but there are no sparkles.

The sparkles could be a cool detail for his/her double jump. But in the part with Mac it doesn't seems like Robin is performing a double jump. Maybe a new float mechanic? I don't know what to think...

Hong

The Strongest
Hm. It sounds like how much you use things will be super sensitive with Robin.

I would love to see an in-game screenshot, even just a frame, to see if Robin players will get a hud element to track tome durability.

Last edited:

Reila

My main question is how will it be triggered? Some characters just need to get the orb and call it a day (Sonic, Fox, etc), while others need to get it and align properly (Marth). Some others need to get the orb and then be within melee distance (Greninja). Which will Robin be?
I think it will work like Mega Man's FS. He throws some sort of dark ball of energy and whoever is caught on it gets hit by his FS.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Fools!

Smash is the only place where the characters can be completely different while remaining the same!

The Tactician is married to no one at all and Chrom is married to!!!!

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Hm. It sounds like how much you use things will be super sensitive with Robin.

I would love to see an in-game screenshot, even just a frame, to see if Robin players will get a hud element to track tome durability.
if its a thing i think we might since mac got is ko meter so its not unprecedented

So The PoTD is only confirming Lucina as a separate character slot and not a costume *sigh* it's dumb we have a full fledged clone.
No info on robin, Oh well.
im fine with it tbh. Her mimicking marth in awakening makes since for her to be a clone but im sure they will have some differences in weight and damage and things like that so we just need to wait and see

Last edited:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
So The PoTD is only confirming Lucina as a separate character slot and not a costume *sigh* it's dumb we have a full fledged clone.
No info on robin, Oh well.
Well, it makes sense that she would be shown since she wasn't on Monday. I'm honestly surprised we even got an explanation on what her deal is. But Robin's deal is yet unexplained, so I have high hopes for tomorrow's PotD.

I've been wondering about that, myself. Hopefully Sakurai will explain this whether we get an indicator or not. I have an ugly feeling that if we don't, we won't have any way of knowing it for quite a while.

Hong

The Strongest
if its a thing i think we might since mac got is ko meter so its not unprecedented
Indeed. It's certainly in the realm of possibility, and not an unreasonable request.
I've been wondering about that, myself. Hopefully Sakurai will explain this whether we get an indicator or not. I have an ugly feeling that if we don't, we won't have any way of knowing it for quite a while.
Yeesh. We're already handling a pretty tactical character as is. Don't know how much the powerful spells will cost, but if we have to keep a mental inventory of any more than 8 or so Thunders, that'll be rough for sure.

Hong

The Strongest
If you haven't seen it, catch the Final Smash in slow motion. Notice how Chrom warps in and dashes towards Robin.
I should have just linked the video instead.

I'm just curious as to if where Chrom appears is at all relative to the enemy, or it just has a fixed distance like with Greninja's FS.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Just remember folks, being a fire emblem fan in Smash means you're into a lot of hard work, guts and mostly tactical finesse.
I think that, to a lesser degree, that's what makes Smash better than every other fighter out there. It's more than learning one zero-to-death combo as Zero/Dante/Vergil.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Thoughts about Nosferatu being his pummel? That's what it looked like to me.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
:) You know.

I don't think any newcomer supporter will experience what Robin supporters had, which is why it's so hard to get over. At least past the first e3, everyone but now three has been on the so-called "leak". Being on this leak was supposed to be some kind of golden ticket. Greninja was a surprise, but for different reasons. It wasn't like he had anything against him, so much as people felt there wasn't much for him. Rosalina had some needless hate, people writing her off early, but she also snuck between the cracks, and I'm happy for that.

Then there was Robin.
1) People shoving Chrom into our face, their single counterpoint against Robin's inclusion being a leak, and that we can only have one Awakening character.
2) People who have never played Awakening to the end and think Robin is less relevant than Chrom.
3) That initial rush of people who thought being a customizable character was a problem? This one is a bit silly since I thought were speculating Smash 4, not The Sims 4.

Actually, I suppose Ridley will be equally as monumental for different reasons, if not just being so highly coveted for over a decade. Took me about two hours to even be able to MOVE on this site when Robin tipped the scales. Ridley literally may be too big.

But I digress. Don't think you can draw 50 newcomers out of a hat and ever recreate this. :D

Last edited:

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
I hope Lucina's trophy makes clear who her mother is in the smash universe! It would be such a small fun fact and I love that kinda stuff so much.
It would be interesting to see, if only to see GameFAQs riot after a hinted canon establishment.

Although I'd err on the side of caution if I were the Smash team, since that's messy stuff, especially for a game originally revered for player preference.

Last edited:

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I can't wait to see people cutting Robin in the next Smash (if there will ever be another one) because of the "hurr relevancy" argument, or even Ike, idk people are that stupid.

As for me I'm really happy to see Robin having something different and interesting on his own, I can say without a doubt I'll be using him often. Congrats, supporters. His voice is sexy as hell tho

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
I bet that, much like his tomes, his sword is different depending on the last move used. In other words, some of his moves use the Levin Sword, while some use the bronze sword, and the sword he's holding is whichever one he used last.

On the subject of tomes, I think that each element (fire, wind, thunder, dark) has a certain amount of durability, and once it runs out he can't use that spell, he just drops the book instead. I'm guessing that, much like rosalina and her lumas, he gets tomes back after a short amount of time

Last edited:

Chepish

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chepish
3DS FC
2638-0438-3598
Plot twist, actually we don't have Robin as a Character, but Morgan. Since she uses Nosferatu, is obvious she inherited Aversa's Shadowgift. Plus, Robin is actually male, and EVERY Morgan is female. :troll:

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
No. This is a case where Sakurai has taken liberties. It fits Robin though for reasons.

EDIT: To elaborate:

Robin is the vessel of the Fell Dragon Grima, a dragon anathema to the good dragon of the game who clearly uses dark powers, and his father is of the Sorcerer class whose main draw is that it uses dark magic.

Last edited:

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
I do have to admit, I was slightly confused when Chrom was not used in Lucina's Final Smash. I am; however, glad that things turned out the way that they did.

I believe this is better than most deconfirmed characters get. In my opinion, his role is more prominent than any assist trophy at this rate.
there is no better when the character isn't playable

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I doubt Lucina's trophy description will hint at the identity of her mother. It's not important to the overall story of Awakening, and her being Chrom's legacy is the more important detail.

If anything, Sumia will get a trophy with a description that includes shipping bait, but that's it.

Reila

there is no better when the character isn't playable
Of course there is. Having a character as someone's FS isn't the best outcome, but it is something. I am not saying Chrom supporters should be happy and commemorating the fact he is Robin's FS (I wouldn't be happy with Ridley being Samus' FS, for example), but... it is something and better than Chrom not appearing in the game at all (or being just a random trophy, like Rayman, Saria, etc).

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I bet that, much like his tomes, his sword is different depending on the last move used. In other words, some of his moves use the Levin Sword, while some use the bronze sword, and the sword he's holding is whichever one he used last.

On the subject of tomes, I think that each element (fire, wind, thunder, dark) has a certain amount of durability, and once it runs out he can't use that spell, he just drops the book instead. I'm guessing that, much like rosalina and her lumas, he gets tomes back after a short amount of time
Regarding the durability theory, I imagine that it would be Wind > Fire > Thunder > Dark (most to least durable).

Hong

The Strongest
I think Robin will just have four little icons by her health %. As you spam a specific special, it starts to drain a resource and the corresponding icon for that element will begin to flicker as it gets low. If you run out of juice, the tome fizzles out and the icon is discoloured for a while, signifying it's no longer available. After a short time period, it will regenerate.

I think the Bronze Sword levels up to a Levin Sword just by dealing spell damage, and levels down to a Bronze Sword after dealing a certain amount of physical damage. So the ideal play style is you rack up damage with careful spell management, and go in for the kill with your empowered Levin Sword.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Lucina's trophy will definitely state who her canon mother is!

It's random village maiden. :troll:

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
It would be quite a large downside of Elwind (which we've presumed is Up+B) could be depleted easily. For this reason alone I think that jab (assuming both the wind and fire is a jab) will not reduce the durability of your tome, and only using your specials will.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I like how they did that trailer though. Basically Lucina is the Charizard to Robin's Greninja. While Lucina is technically a newcomer and Charizard isn't, her moveset isn't unique and because of that it's "less interesting" than Robin. So he got most of the screen time. :4robinm:

Lucina's trophy will definitely state who her canon mother is!

It's random village maiden. :troll:
Canonically I believe it's Sumia, though

Last edited:
Top Bottom