• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
Flareon is the ****ty eevee evolve form.
That's been the long-standing verdict but they've been fleshing out Flareon's moveset more so that it can actually take advantage of the superior of its two offense stats. That being said, it's still pretty bad. Speed isn't all that high, and the survivability is laughable. At least they're trying.

Oh that's right, they gave up on Pokemon and made Yo-Kai. RIP Flareon.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
There's worse Eeveelutions than Jolteon really.
*cough* *cough* Sylveon *cough*

I don't think Flareon is all that bad. It certainly doesn't appeal to me, but I'm sure it has some fans.

I think all (most) of them are super adorable, but Leafeon and Glaceon are mah faves. :3

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
But Flareon is so fluffy, though. :p

Also, I just read the interview... So, apparently Roy was supposed to be named Ike and Ike was supposed to be named Paris. Imagine that. Also, the Counter thing, personally, seems just weird... It makes sense and you could consider it like how all the shoto have Shoryuken, Hadouken, Tatsumaki, etc., but use them in different ways, but that's only true for Marth and Roy now. Lucina's in an unfortunate spot while Ike's went from being the stronger, but slower version of Marth's to kind of being slightly stronger, but still slower. Marth's got the "regular" Counter, Roy's got the "small window", but strong Counter, and then there's Ike... If there's one thing they could have done now that Ryu's Focus Attack exists, is maybe in a future Smash, Ike's Counter should crumple people. I mean, Ike's smashing his sword onto you rather than slashing you. Two-handed swords tend to be more crushing weapons rather than stabbing or slashing, so it would make more sense. If not, then they could make it so it sends people more vertically as if he slammed you so hard, you get bounced back up.

And one more thing: Roy's reverse grip... Translated, Sakurai said this: "He has a sense of hidden power, I think. And, this time, when I was redesigning him for Smash for 3DS/ Wii U, I had him sometimes hold his sword with a reverse grip. I thought that would strengthen the image of him getting close to his opponent and hitting them with a lot of power. I used his Melee design as more of a suggestion, and remade many aspects." The first sentence makes it sound like Roy's Gohan which is true since Roy doesn't become powerful until late game in Binding Blade. My problem is the reverse grip. For a shorter weapon, like a dagger, a knife, or a short sword, reverse grips work and aren't as unwield-y as a regular sword or a hand-and-half which for whatever reason, Ike switches to a reverse grip during Counter. Sure, blocking like that works, but really? Anyway, the Sword of Seals is a sword no matter how dull it is - with the way it works, I'm surprised Roy didn't find a blacksmith to just cut off the dull part. As a sword, it becomes harder to use in a reverse grip because of the length and grip. It's not a lightsaber or some super sharp weapon, so you can't apply enough torque? Eh, I'll go with power since I don't know the right word. You can't apply enough power compared to swinging it normally. It works with his mechanic since the tip of his attacks are weak and the base is stronger, but at that point, (realistically,) it becomes really difficult to hit that close with a weapon that long.

Reverse grip would work for a character who needs to be up close to do a lot of power, but that might involve ret-conning the Sword of Seals to be a short sword like a gladius. Consequently, Roy's range would be worsened not just because he's swinging a shorter weapon, but because of the reverse grip. If it were up to me, I think I would have made it so Roy swung almost entirely with two hands. Why? With one hand, you can extend your sword further than with two hands. Ike's able to get a lot of range with his Bair because he swings with one hand. Now, imagine if Cloud used his Bair like that instead of swiping back his Buster Sword with two hands or imagine Shulk doing Ike's Bair. Yeah... Another example is Marth's Shield Breaker. With his old animation from Melee, Marth would lean in, but be restricted by holding his Falchion with two hands, but from Brawl, Marth leans in and extends his arm for further reach. Sure, it might lack power, but he's got a ton of range. Imagine Marth if he had his Melee Falchion which was about Ike's Ragnell length, but with disjoints... That being said, it's just a game, so whatever. So, while the two hands idea works, people might end up feeling Roy's a Cloud, an Ike, or a Shulk clone since he's just another two-handed swordsman which funny enough, it wasn't until Cloud, in my opinion, did we have a "traditional" two-handed swordsman since Ike's canonically an unorthodox warrior and Shulk's moves are more stabby and also unorthodox.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm a ninja with the build of a football player.
Wassup, bro? :p

Was the movie that bad? The last movie I saw was like The Hurt Locker and even then, I don't watch movies a lot. Also, I guess the Batman: Arkham games would count since Batman is ripped in those games... Actually, almost every male character in the Batman: Arkham games were ripped as hell. Freaking Gordon looked buffer than Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Was the movie that bad? The last movie I saw was like The Hurt Locker and even then, I don't watch movies a lot. Also, I guess the Batman: Arkham games would count since Batman is ripped in those games... Actually, almost every male character in the Batman: Arkham games were ripped as hell. Freaking Gordon looked buffer than Arnold Schwarzenegger.
I've never seen the movie. The turtles looked ugly.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I've never seen the movie. The turtles looked ugly.
Can we not?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

The males in the Arkham games suffer from hyper-masculine action figure-esque body syndrome.

That's why Bane looked like a beast...probably...

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

I have a strong desire to watch the movie hoping it becomes a guilty pleasure

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The males in the Arkham games suffer from hyper-masculine action figure-esque body syndrome.

That's why Bane looked like a beast...probably...
Meanwhile, in Gears of War aka TESTOSTERONE!!! YEAH!!! TESTOSTERONE!!! :p

But yeah, that was one thing that was a bit weird about the Batman: Arkham games and Gears of War... and Street Fighter IV and V a bit, but a least V looks cleaner? It didn't have the weird cartoon, cel-shadedness of SFIV. SFV just looks better n terms of art direction than SFIV.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

But yeah, that was one thing that was a bit weird about the Batman: Arkham games and Gears of War... and Street Fighter IV and V a bit, but a least V looks cleaner? It didn't have the weird cartoon, cel-shadedness of SFIV. SFV just looks better n terms of art direction than SFIV.
Street Fighter V will be better than IV...one there's more characters and no one's broken

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
To make the muscular designs in Arkham even better, the bobble head cheat present in the games make them look like walking action figures. The enlarged fists after the cheat is implemented is a nice touch. Gotta be consistent!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So ever since I got the 3DS version I'm actually able to play this game. I'm currently playing through it. My current objective is to find a bunch of things in Sartol (sp?). These "Radience" things. Can someone give me an approximate answer as to how far I am through? 1/3, 1/4 etc. etc.?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
To make the muscular designs in Arkham even better, the bobble head cheat present in the games make them look like walking action figures. The enlarged fists after the cheat is implemented is a nice touch. Gotta be consistent!
Y'know, I miss stuff like that. Back in the day, big head mode and small head mode were just things in games... er... Now that I think about it, it was always in Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank, so they weren't really "just things in games". Still, I miss games having in-game cheats like in those games, GTA, etc. I remember Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood had them and that was pretty much it. I don't know if the recent games have them. The Elder Scrolls and Fallout console commands seem more like preventative measures in case something breaks like a quest giver dies, you clipped through and can't get out, etc., along with the actual break **** and screw around. Kind of wished they had them for consoles since while it would be annoying to have to take your keyboard and plug it into your PS4 or Xbox One, I'd rather deal with that inconvenience over losing hours of progress even if I saved regularly and in different slots.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
There's worse Eeveelutions than Jolteon really.

.....what're you gonna do though if/when they release Cloud and a new patch (and maybe another character) in a few days?
Download them too. The reason I did the download yesterday was my game was still on version 0.0.0 for wii u and took near 11 hours to get up to 1.1.2

:135:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Look, the Cole Train runs on the whole grain baby.

You can't hate Gears for being super silly. That's what it is and that's why I love it (well 1&3 moreso since 2 was alright and Judgement was ****)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So ever since I got the 3DS version I'm actually able to play this game. I'm currently playing through it. My current objective is to find a bunch of things in Sartol (sp?). These "Radience" things. Can someone give me an approximate answer as to how far I am through? 1/3, 1/4 etc. etc.?
1/5

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Look, the Cole Train runs on the whole grain baby.

You can't hate Gears for being super silly. That's what it is and that's why I love it (well 1&3 moreso since 2 was alright and Judgement was ****)
Nah, I just find really muscular dudes funny, especially if it looks like they can't even walk. For one, the leg armor on the Gears looks way too stiff. Other times, it's just off-putting like Rob Liefeld's extreme muscles.

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
Most RPGs are... *still to this day has not beaten Dark Cloud 2 after numerous restarts* >_>
Dark Cloud 2 was a game I played entirely way too much. I had both of Max's end tier melee weapons, all 3 of his guns, all 8 of monica's swords, and i think i had all of her bracelets. I enjoyed Monica's gameplay more. The weapon progression system is amazingly complex, and without the guide i had i never would have made them all.

Ffamran Ffamran : That being said, after you're in the last area (you'll know it when you get there), the exp and spectrumize systems can be abused to hilarious ends. You can even do this much earlier, but it doesnt work quite as quickly. if you'd like to know the method i used to make all my weapons super easy ill gladly share, just message me.

The story, for the time it came out, is really complex. Some of the HOW didn't quite make a whole lot of sense, and there's one part where if you're paying attention to the story, it makes ZERO sense why a certain thing occurs, and it has actually been the cause of players getting STUCK, even though there's nothing you've done wrong, which i surmise might have been your issue.

If you'd like any tips or have questions, id be happy to help you along. even all these years later i remember that game well. it's one of my favorites, and i think it's definitely worth your time to finish out.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Well, this is rich. KYM's Smash Bros gallery already has a bunch of images marked as a spoiler. Fake or not, I'm not taking any chances.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
That's been the long-standing verdict but they've been fleshing out Flareon's moveset more so that it can actually take advantage of the superior of its two offense stats. That being said, it's still pretty bad. Speed isn't all that high, and the survivability is laughable. At least they're trying.

Oh that's right, they gave up on Pokemon and made Yo-Kai. RIP Flareon.
They're waiting for next year (20th anniversary, I believe?) to do more pogeymans.

Sides, Yokai Watch is by Level-5 and NOA wants to see if they can replicate the success Yokai has in Japan (which is highly unlikely since 100% of the small children I talk to had no idea what it was and wanted to talk minecraft instead.)

AureusVulpes

Triforce of AURA
They're waiting for next year (20th anniversary, I believe?) to do more pogeymans.

Sides, Yokai Watch is by Level-5 and NOA wants to see if they can replicate the success Yokai has in Japan (which is highly unlikely since 100% of the small children I talk to had no idea what it was and wanted to talk minecraft instead.)
Level 5?! Those are the same guys that did Dark Cloud 2 and White Knight Chronicles! While they kind of burned me and the entire Int'l market by not bringing us the avatar story dlc for WK, they're still good. Though theyll probably jump ship on yo-kai once they see it flopping, just like WK.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Level 5?! Those are the same guys that did Dark Cloud 2 and White Knight Chronicles! While they kind of burned me and the entire Int'l market by not bringing us the avatar story dlc for WK, they're still good. Though theyll probably jump ship on yo-kai once they see it flopping, just like WK.
Its selling like hotcakes in Japan tho

Top Bottom