• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Y'know, I feel like I'm coming off as something of a "No Fun Allowed" cat whenever competitive talk comes up. So for the sake of everybody's continued sanity (not least, my own), I'm gonna try to avoid jumping in to respond to topics of character viability or the metagame, unless my feedback is specifically requested or it pertains to something I have a personal investment in. :3

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Y'know, I feel like I'm coming off as something of a "No Fun Allowed" cat whenever competitive talk comes up. So for the sake of everybody's continued sanity (not least, my own), I'm gonna try to avoid jumping in to respond to topics of character viability or the metagame, unless my feedback is specifically requested or it pertains to something I have a personal investment in. :3
I say if you want to chime in on a topic you should be allowed to do so.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I say if you want to chime in on a topic you should be allowed to do so.
Well it's more so because I feel compelled to comment on something that I don't really need to. It's healthy to practice restraining myself~ ;3

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Personally, I don't feel that you are coming off as "no fun". Not entirely anyway. You are one of only a handful I know here that provides enough knowledge of the metagame to benefit users both new and old and give them enlightenment in their play. If you feel the need to throw your two cents in, then by all means do so. Your input helps the whole lot of us. But that's just me.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I've never gotten that vibe from you. It's always nice to read a bit of metagame discussion.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
Query: Is there an English voice you'd like to see appear in Fire Emblem Fates?

Bonus Query: Who would you like this voice actor to voice in the game?
Liam O'Brien, the Morgan freeman of video games. God, I could listen that man's voice forever. I don't care who, but the bias in me wants him to be a major plot character. He did Inigo though, so I'm sure he's got at least one character in this game.
I swear, I think Lucario can be up there with the mid high tiers but he's so slow and floaty for a character who has Extreme Speed
Speaking of Lucario's Extreme Speed
I was in an FG match with a Lucario named "One Punch Man" (i haven't watched the anime so idk if this was a good reference or not) but he was an amazing Lucario player., managed to down/up throw me, followed me DI, and killed me multiple times with Extreme speed
I had no idea how to deal with it :L
Oh and before I forget, happy birthday!
You really shouldn't, all of the discussions you've gotten in about the metagame/viability, or the DLC characters for that matter have been handled tastefully, it's just your nature from what I've seen. I will say that those topics of been coming up more frequently, but that's not bad at all. Personally, i'm just too lazy to keep up with other threads, so you bringing up the topic here, and especially with character's that aren't just Robin have been helpful to me, and saves me the energy I don't have to check out the actual competitive-talk threads [:

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Of course the only chapter of Lyn's story that isn't a tutorial is the third mission where Lyn dies.
I guess I'll try tomorrow.
Maybe.
Curiously, who does the best against the boss?

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
UmbreonMageBrando UmbreonMageBrando GGs! Thanks for playing. Sorry the internet had a heart attack and died. Mine does that a lot for some reason. :p

Sorry to use you as my Mewtwo testing guinea pig, I just wanted to see how I did. Also, might I point out that you play an exceedingly good Mega Man?

Zantetsugun Zantetsugun I'd put up the replays of the matches with Mewtwo, but... uhh... I uhh... forgot to save them... let's go with that...

As soon as I was off the ground, I was dead... poor Mewtwo...

My poor performance with him considered, I still think you're exaggerating just a bit.

I've never found you're firmness on the current standings in the meta to be particularly annoying; I think it's good that we have somebody like you on this thread.

That said, most of my "this character is underrated" ramblings are based on whims. The reason I believe Kirby is underrated is because I played Wolfie's Kirby, noted certain attributes he took good advantage of, and noted that many of the other Kirby's I've seen in the meta didn't take full advantage of those same attributes. I'm reffering of course to Kirby's good frames and the infamous stone and hammer. Hammer Flip may be limited and easy to punish, but there are still a good many situations it can be indispensable in, as Wolfie showed me. One could argue that I'm easy to read, but I'll still maintain this opinion until someone essentially proves it wrong.

And I don't consider Kaabii's current standing on the tier list or what others may say to disprove it. As you should know, things can change over time in the meta game; that's why they call it the meta game. I understand you're confident in what things look like now, but things might not look the same for Kirby in ten years from now (assuming the Sm4sh meta is still alive by then :p ).

All things considered, my opinion on Kirby is based mostly on a whim. Anywhere else you see me on these forums (if you encounter the rare occasion of me posting somewhere other than the RST) you'll see that I'm well-prepared to defend my opinions. Opinions like my opinion on Kirby's competitive potential will never see the light of day anywhere other than here, because I expect strong resistance elsewhere and I'm ill-prepared to defend those opinions.

So while I appreciate you defending what is commonly accepted regarding these kinds of things, you should bear this in mind in the future if you want to seem less no-fun zone.
:cheep:

:4metaknight:

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Curiously, who does the best against the boss?
You're on the final chapter of Lyn's mode, right? The boss is an armour knight/general, so just use people with weapons that are effective against armour (e.g. the Mani Katti, or heavy spears that you can buy from the armoury on that map).

Last edited:

UmbreonMageBrando

The Quiet One
NNID
Megaman648
UmbreonMageBrando UmbreonMageBrando GGs! Thanks for playing. Sorry the internet had a heart attack and died. Mine does that a lot for some reason. :p

Sorry to use you as my Mewtwo testing guinea pig, I just wanted to see how I did. Also, might I point out that you play an exceedingly good Mega Man.
GGs IAmMetaKnight IAmMetaKnight ! Its ok, I don't get many opportunities to fight a Mewtwo since I mostly see Sheiks, Falcons, and ZSS on smashladder.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Maybe I'll even pull out my Mewtwo and save the replays just to show Zantetsugun Zantetsugun what a semi-decent Mewtwo looks like. :p
I've seen good Mewtwo gameplay. StylesX2 plays a pretty gnarly Freeza. Even still, from my personal experience I've just found Mewtwo's weakness to be exploitable and persistent enough to not be able classify him as a "strong" character. Which is not to say he's a BAD character at all, he just has more flaws than most, and that makes me sad.

I just want Mewthree to be the best genetically engineered little Pokémon he can be!
I still think you're exaggerating just a bit.
I really don't feel that my opinions have been that exaggerated at all. Honestly I feel that your overselling Mewtwo just a tad.

But in the end it's all just a matter of experience and opinion.
I really hope that this isn't based on my dumb little comment! If it is I'm very sorry! :(

I was just trying to be funny and poke fun at how much of a casual player I am. I didn't want to make you feel like you were taking the fun out of discussing Smash! I really enjoy reading your analysisisises and I think you make a lot of good points. Plus I always feel smarter and more informed about the game! So please feel free to jump in with your thoughts!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
avi_peeking_post.png
Psst. Wintropy Wintropy .

You're awesome. Just came by to remind you.

Granted I might not fully agree with your Pika stance but I understand and deeply respect you all the same. And I enjoy hearing your opinions. All of em.

Please keep being awesome.

That is all.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Aaaaaaaaaaaand finals done. Yay. Nothing to do for 4 weeks. I'll be around here from time to time now.

Related stuff: Tournament last night. Grand Finals with the resident Toon Link player. Game 1 was down to 176% vs. 162%. Spacing wars are great.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I really hope that this isn't based on my dumb little comment! If it is I'm very sorry! :(

I was just trying to be funny and poke fun at how much of a casual player I am. I didn't want to make you feel like you were taking the fun out of discussing Smash! I really enjoy reading your analysisisises and I think you make a lot of good points. Plus I always feel smarter and more informed about the game! So please feel free to jump in with your thoughts!
Oh no, it has nothing to do with that at all! Don't worry, it's something I was wondering of my own volition, you didn't force me to think that.

View attachment 87220 Psst. Wintropy Wintropy .

You're awesome. Just came by to remind you.

Granted I might not fully agree with your Pika stance but I understand and deeply respect you all the same. And I enjoy hearing your opinions. All of em.

Please keep being awesome.

That is all.
Thank you, you're awesome too~

My stance on Pika is pretty straightforward though: I think he has the potential to be Top 5 material, but right now, I don't think he has the results to back it up. This time next year he'll probably be Top 2 or something. ;3

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
For some reason, this oozes "Pega-pony Princess". :p
i am a pega-pony princess :v

Niiiice~

We don't have Red Robin here, or indeed most of the big American fast food chains (excepting the multinationals like McDonald's and Burger King). The closest we have is Eddie Rocket's / Rockin' Joe's, which is kind of a tongue-in-cheek homage to American diners from the 50's. It even has the kitschy pop art on the walls and milkshakes that come in big metal tankards~
now i want eddie rockets v_v i haven't been in 2 years because last time i went i was so excited to see St Vincent that i poured sugar all over my chips/fries instead of salt

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Zantetsugun Zantetsugun reminded me of this, so I'mma try my hand at it. Here's my December 15th video presentation Smash-mas Wishlist (which may or may not double as a list of predictions)!

- Cloud, Midgar stage and Chocobo Mii costume is discussed, available for download after the presentation
- Wolf revealed as a veteran character with Melee Venom stage, available for download after the presentation
- Inkling revealed as a newcomer with Inkopolis stage, to be released early next year
- This fills in the three placeholder slots found by dataminers, but Sakurai announces that two more characters will join the roster next year
- K. Rool and Isaac teased as the final DLC newcomers, as chosen from the Smash ballot, to be released some time next year
- K. Rool will come with a Gangplank Galleon stage and Isaac will come with a Venus Lighthouse stage
- More Mii costumes
- Balance patches to continue until the final DLC is released next year
- Melee confirmed as a Virtual Console release, available for download after the presentation
- Wintropy explodes from hype

I can dream, right~? ;3

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
upload_2015-12-12_8-47-38.png

I finally beat Lundgren and beat Lyn's story. Took a while due to Wallace's attacks missing (And having to use Nils to get a seond use so that I could get him to Serra so she could heal him), but I finally did it.
Now onto the story of Roy's dad and his axe wielding friend!

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Zantetsugun Zantetsugun reminded me of this, so I'mma try my hand at it. Here's my December 15th video presentation Smash-mas Wishlist (which may or may not double as a list of predictions)!

- Cloud, Midgar stage and Chocobo Mii costume is discussed, available for download after the presentation
- Wolf revealed as a veteran character with Melee Venom stage, available for download after the presentation
- Inkling revealed as a newcomer with Inkopolis stage, to be released early next year
- This fills in the three placeholder slots found by dataminers, but Sakurai announces that two more characters will join the roster next year
- K. Rool and Isaac teased as the final DLC newcomers, as chosen from the Smash ballot, to be released some time next year
- K. Rool will come with a Gangplank Galleon stage and Isaac will come with a Venus Lighthouse stage
- More Mii costumes
- Melee confirmed as a Virtual Console release, available for download after the presentation

I can dream, right~? ;3

This is fine. I'm okay with this. I'm TOTALLY okay with this! Let Winny's prediction come true, Sakurai!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Hell yeah she is! Nairo used Red Robin to beat Mr. E's Marth: http://youtu.be/rlsJlsrhKDE. :p
Dem Down-Bs....

- More Mii costumes

I can dream, right~? ;3
Would be nice.

I'm not holding out for anything or anyone on the Smash Direct. I figure the best way to NOT be salty is to just expect everything that I want will not come. And then, when everything I want does indeed NOT come, I'll be fine with it. When Shovel Knight or the Minecraft Guy get in... Well, actually I'd be pretty pissed if that trash got in to be honest. They have no place in Smash. I don't care that Minecraft just got released on the Wii U.

But, regardless of my personal opinions on every DLC desired/possible character out there... I'm not expecting anything big for me. Which is to say, Isaac won't get in. So, having made my peace with that...

I had ANOTHER Fire Emblem Fates dream last night. It...was weird...

And no, it didn't involve Camilla in anyway. It was still weird as all get out though.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I had ANOTHER Fire Emblem Fates dream last night. It...was weird...
It either involved:
  • Chapter Serf getting his face violated by DragonLord2K16 Kamui
  • Or a copy of FE Fates where Odin is actually not garbage.
One is less realistic than the other.
[It's the second option]

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
It either involved:
  • Chapter Serf getting his face violated by DragonLord2K16 Kamui
  • Or a copy of FE Fates where Odin is actually not garbage.
One is less realistic than the other.
[It's the second option]
Wrong on both accounts.

Edit: Actually it involved parties (as in, celebratory parties). There was this big Nohr party going on and this big Hoshido party going on. I was trying to find the third route party and it didn't exist.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Wrong on both accounts.

Edit: Actually it involved parties (as in, celebratory parties). There was this big Nohr party going on and this big Hoshido party going on. I was trying to find the third route party and it didn't exist.
You should have went to Nohr, Garon knows how to party.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Aaaaaaaaaaaand finals done. Yay. Nothing to do for 4 weeks. I'll be around here from time to time now.

Related stuff: Tournament last night. Grand Finals with the resident Toon Link player. Game 1 was down to 176% vs. 162%. Spacing wars are great.
NICE!

I've still got 2 days of Finals left, and then I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Oh no, it has nothing to do with that at all! Don't worry, it's something I was wondering of my own volition, you didn't force me to think that.
Okay good! I was just worried that my silliness drove you towards that opinion. :psycho:

- More Mii costumes

I can dream, right~? ;3
Gotta dream big! Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best!

Just replace Inkling with Shantae and the Inkopolis stage with a Scuttle Town stage and I'd be totally down for this! :colorful:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
How does he even wield that huge axe with just one hand
The same way Black Knight runs at Sonic speeds in his heavy armor.

Edit: Here's all of Chrom and Lucina's special battle conversations in Project X Zone 2.

Chrom name-drops Lissa and Freddy-Bear and Segeta is more pissed than usual, hilariously enough.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Since I know there's a few fans in here, I saw this a few days ago.

I'll just leave it here.

Edit: I'll admit, as long as it wasn't forced, or obvious that they're just throwing them in, I wouldn't mind seeing any of those characters in a main game.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Thank you, you're awesome too~

My stance on Pika is pretty straightforward though: I think he has the potential to be Top 5 material, but right now, I don't think he has the results to back it up. This time next year he'll probably be Top 2 or something. ;3
Oh. Oooooooh. Don't mind me, I'm oblivious.

I take back my objection, we actually agree completely. Pika's solid, but we need some more rats putting up some goddamn numbers, man. Wish I could help, but I'm nothing special.

Sidenote? Ain't played you in forever. Need to do that sometime.

Top Bottom