• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

dude's probably just mad that he has Shulk/Dedede problems and that MegaMan's not low tier enough for the tourney
yeah pretty much. In one match he was :4link: and I was playing :4zelda:. On my first stock I accidentally SD with Farore's Wind by going off the ledge when I was meaning to teleport behind him. He taunts, and that unleashes an unholy anger inside me.

I proceed to take all three of his stocks without dying after that. He even complained that Farore's Wind was "OP" and shouldn't have killed him when I hit him with it center stage.

Last edited by a moderator:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Alright, now that I cooled off...
Who here has Xenoblade Chronicles X pre-ordered and is ready to go ham tomorrow?
I bet you I'm gonna take 10 hours with character customization. Or a month.
I probably won't get it till maybe around Christmas. Mainly because it might be a Christmas present, and because I'm too poor to get it myself.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You're not the only one who feels that way.

Raz has actually been clamping down on the ****posting here in the Robin thread.

I'll admit, the ****posting here is keeping me away from the thread though. I too would like to see less ****posting.
I understand the that this is a social so being off topic is the norm and we can joke around but this is just stupid and it's always the usual "post anime girl reaction gifs".

It's fine in moderation but overexposure is a bad thing

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
ok ngl I'm for some reason i'm tempted to throw this into my sig
Go for it! ;3

I understand the that this is a social so being off topic is the norm and we can joke around but this is just stupid and it's always the usual "post anime girl reaction gifs".

I find the same is true of girls in general.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I probably won't get it till maybe around Christmas. Mainly because it might be a Christmas present, and because I'm too poor to get it myself.
It's an early Christmas present to myself, actually. Except I had a gift card to pre-order it with so it was just 30 bucks.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I find the same is true of girls in general.
To be fair, the same can be said about ANY thread, on this site or otherwise. It really just depends on who is posting and how lenient the mods are.
It's an early Christmas present to myself, actually. Except I had a gift card to pre-order it with so it was just 30 bucks.
Tbh, I do have the cash to buy the game, I just don't have a job and I need the money for gas and school things.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do you know who can cure this thread of ****posting?

Dr. Mario. :4drmario: We must fuse with the Doc social in order for us to have true peace.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Who here has Xenoblade Chronicles X pre-ordered and is ready to go ham tomorrow?
I'd love to get my hands on Xenoblade Chronicles X but with Christmas coming up around the corner, I can't just spend $60 right no. I could always ask my parents for it.

I've at least decided on a name for my avatar. As far as I am aware, the only connections to Xenoblade Chronicles are some philosophical elements so I shouldn't have my eventual experience with Xenoblade Chronicles spoiled... even though I am aware of stuff I shouldn't be.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Tbh, I do have the cash to buy the game, I just don't have a job and I need the money for gas and school things.
Yeah, same. It was the gift card that shaved it off enough for me to be willing to buy it without a job.

I'd love to get my hands on Xenoblade Chronicles X but with Christmas coming up around the corner, I can't just spend $60 right no. I could always ask my parents for it.

I've at least decided on a name for my avatar. As far as I am aware, the only connections to Xenoblade Chronicles are some philosophical elements so I shouldn't have my eventual experience with Xenoblade Chronicles spoiled... even though I am aware of stuff I shouldn't be.
I'm completely spoiler free and I'm so glad I've kept it this way. What are you naming your avatar? I haven't decided on mine yet, or the gender I'm playing for that matter. I'm more than likely playing a girl, but the guys get to be coo and I kinda wanna be coo for once.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I don't even need think over what my custom avatar is going to be. I'm going to try to make him look like me as close as a can and he (like the rest of my custom avatars) is going to have my irl nickname: Bones.

Speaking of Chronicles, I still need to play it at some point. If I happen to get a New 3DS this Christmas, I asked my brother to get me the 3DS port.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

i don't think we do too much of that-

J-Jestar senpai please...
welp guess i stand corected

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
J-Jestar senpai please...
I think we should tone down on the reaction gifs or at least resize them. Just for the sake of not having people eventually going overboard with complaints.

I don't even need think over what my custom avatar is going to be. I'm going to try to make him look like me as close as a can and he (like the rest of my custom avatars) is going to have my irl nickname: Bones.

Speaking of Chronicles, I still need to play it at some point. If I happen to get a New 3DS this Christmas, I asked my brother to get me the 3DS port.
I'll eventually get the N3DS and the port...But I don't know when that'll be. I need a job first and a plethora of other purchases I need to make and money I must save...

On the topic of the avatar: The reason I mentioned myself staying stuck on customization for hours is because I like to explore the options and mix and match until I like what I see... Like a girl picking a dress for a casual lunch! :substitute:

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
i don't think we do too much of that-

welp guess i stand corected
I apologize, I feel like the Robin boards is the only place I can really be trash myself and express how I feel. I don't even have a place in the Link boards because I'm an Otaku anime fan and it's just too out of the norm for them.

If the gif posting is a problem I'll tone it down or even stop as a whole if it's causing a serious issue.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I apologize, I feel like the Robin boards is the only place I can really be trash myself and express how I feel. I don't even have a place in the Link boards because I'm an Otaku anime fan and it's just too out of the norm for them.

If the gif posting is a problem I'll tone it down or even stop as a whole if it's causing a serious issue.
It isn't causing a serious problem, but it's a good idea to be discreet about it so it doesn't become too overbearing. It's good to have more content to your posts than just gifs and ebin maymays, y'know? :3

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

oh I was messing with you
I still think you should be more considerate towards phone users, too many of them and the poor little things commit sodoku

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I already talked to Rinku リンク Rinku リンク about the excessive gif posting he does (and I sorta contribute to.)
We'll tone it down, so please
please tone down the complaint posts too.

Let's just continue with the socializing.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
oh I was messing with you
I still think you should be more considerate towards phone users, too many of them and the poor little things commit sodoku
I always post here on my phone and it's not bothering me at all. :p

Then again, it might just be because I have a godly phone, I guess.
I already talked to Rinku リンク Rinku リンク about the excessive gif posting he does (and I sorta contribute to.)
We'll tone it down, so please
please tone down the complaint posts too.

Let's just continue with the socializing.
This.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh nothing in particular, I just thought it'd be an interesting and more productive topic of conversation. :3

Just wondering how many Rabins go to tourneys and whatnot~
Well, I've gone to three tourneys and have used Dedede at all of them, two of them were Smash 4 ones and one was a Project M one. I also tend to use Wario and Yoshi in tourney.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I have literally no tournament experience, actually.
I think I've mentioned this before; the closest thing to a tourney I attended was a Convention-casual gathering where a LOT of people were spectating.
I was feeling nervous the entire time since I'm a huge introvert.

...Speaking of tourneys, when are you guys holding another RST Tournament?

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
What are you naming your avatar?
Instead of outright telling you, I'll have you play a little name. I'll throw a bunch of random names from Knights of the Old Republic I, and you will have to guess which one it is. Guess right, Congratulations!, Guess wrong, and well....

Canderous Ordo, Jolee Bindo, Zaalbar, Calo Nord, Davik Kang, Saul Karath, Vrook Lamar, Trask Ulgo, Zelka Forn, Galon Lor, Brejik, Ahlan Matale, Nurik Sandral, Griff Vao, Gadon Thek, Uthar Wynn, Vandar Tokare, Junix Nard, Nemo, Matton Dasol, Dave Johnson, Dorak Quinn, Rukil, Gandroff, Gluupor, Shaelas, Handon Guld, Calder Nettic, Rickard Lusoff, Ithorak Guldar, Gorse Bendak, Tamlen, Davin Kotras, Adum Larp, Roland Wann, Ziagrom.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Instead of outright telling you, I'll have you play a little name. I'll throw a bunch of random names from Knights of the Old Republic I, and you will have to guess which one it is. Guess right, Congratulations!, Guess wrong, and well....

Canderous Ordo, Jolee Bindo, Zaalbar, Calo Nord, Davik Kang, Saul Karath, Vrook Lamar, Trask Ulgo, Zelka Forn, Galon Lor, Brejik, Ahlan Matale, Nurik Sandral, Griff Vao, Gadon Thek, Uthar Wynn, Vandar Tokare, Junix Nard, Nemo, Matton Dasol, Dave Johnson, Dorak Quinn, Rukil, Gandroff, Gluupor, Shaelas, Handon Guld, Calder Nettic, Rickard Lusoff, Ithorak Guldar, Gorse Bendak, Tamlen, Davin Kotras, Adum Larp, Roland Wann, Ziagrom.
My goodness that's...that's a huge list...
It's not "Gandroff", right?

D

Deleted member

I need to go to tournaments, but college is a thing and I don't know how I'd fit in going to a local which I think is still active in my area.

@Delta Fist ,

Do you know if that biweekly in Columbus (???) (which iirc is at some Donato's (basement) on High Street...?) is still active?

Another thing I'm worried about is if the people that attend the local are any good, because Smash scenes can vary in strength.

@Delta Fist , also please tell me the players that attend this biweekly/the tournies in your area aren't totally free. Having this region be weak would make me :c

D

Deleted member

I preordered the game months ago... at full price.
I am ready to explore this massive game. Dear god, this game could take me months to beat... I dunno if I will complete it.

So gorls I have a tournament in a few weeks~

Anybody here have tournament experience? :3
I've only been to a weekly tournament twice (college is getting in the way of going there and focusing on Smash).
It's a pretty scary experience the first time around. You will get nervous... maybe your heart might race. Just try to stay as calm and collected as possible and make sure that you are in a good mindset to play Smash.

D

Deleted member

Yo guys, I made a tier list.

Some notes:
  • Was really unsure where to place :4luigi:. I really feel like he's a great character and that people overvalued his dthrow nerf. He's still a combo monster and has amazing frame data and KO power.
  • Miis on this list are 1111, default size.
  • Yes, :4yoshi: , :4ryu: & :4mario: are that good.
  • Was split on whether to place :4pikachu: or :rosalina: above one another, I guess they're tied.
  • "Felix, why are :4littlemac:, :4samus: and :4palutena: out of bottom tier?" They have better results than all the other bottom tiers, Sol and Alphicans have done very well with Mac, ESAM, Depth and Johnny Westside with Samus, and Prince Ramen & IceNinja with Pally.
  • Yes, :4bowser:, :4duckhunt:, :4ganondorf:, :4dedede: and :4shulk: are that bad.
  • Peeps would probably want :4link: higher, but he doesn't really have all the results to be and how good he is is mostly based on theorycraft at this point considering his huge lack of tournament representation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I preordered the game months ago... at full price.
I am ready to explore this massive game. Dear god, this game could take me months to beat... I dunno if I will complete it.
Dude, the sheer amount of content for the price tag is a steal IMO.
I can't wait to explore too.

D

Deleted member

Dude, the sheer amount of content for the price tag is a steal IMO.
I can't wait to explore too.
I agree. With a world that is bigger than Skyrim and the amount of content that was put in, the price of the game should be a bit higher...
But $60? It's a definite steal.

D

Deleted member

Some notes:
  • Was really unsure where to place :4luigi:. I really feel like he's a great character and that people overvalued his dthrow nerf. He's still a combo monster and has amazing frame data and KO power.
  • Was split on whether to place :4pikachu: or :rosalina: above one another, I guess they're tied.
  • "Felix, why are :4littlemac:, :4samus: and :4palutena: out of bottom tier?" They have better results than all the other bottom tiers, Sol and Alphicans have done very well with Mac, ESAM, Depth and Johnny Westside with Samus, and Prince Ramen & IceNinja with Pally.
  • Yes, :4bowser:, :4duckhunt:, :4ganondorf:, :4dedede: and :4shulk: are that bad.
  • Peeps would probably want :4link: higher, but he doesn't really have all the results to be and how good he is is mostly based on theorycraft at this point considering his huge lack of tournament representation.
I can't see it. :[

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

I don't mind the offtopic or the randomness. It's the posts that don't do anything meaningful to a discussion that annoy me.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I agree. With a world that is bigger than Skyrim and the amount of content that was put in, the price of the game should be a bit higher...
But $60? It's a definite steal.
Yeah. I'm really really impressed with the game and I haven't even played it.
I'm getting hype all over again but ONE MORE DAY.

D

Deleted member

Some notes:
Honestly I think your placement of Link is completely fair.

I do think that Robin's placement is a little low (surprised you put Link above him like that honestly, lol), IMO he would swap places with where you currently have Marth.

But other than that, swap Shulk with Bowser and this would essentially be my hypothetical tier list right now.

Top Bottom