• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK

Yo guys, I made a tier list.

Some notes:
  • Was really unsure where to place :4luigi:. I really feel like he's a great character and that people overvalued his dthrow nerf. He's still a combo monster and has amazing frame data and KO power.
  • Miis on this list are 1111, default size.
  • Yes, :4yoshi: , :4ryu: & :4mario: are that good.
  • Was split on whether to place :4pikachu: or :rosalina: above one another, I guess they're tied.
  • "Felix, why are :4littlemac:, :4samus: and :4palutena: out of bottom tier?" They have better results than all the other bottom tiers, Sol and Alphicans have done very well with Mac, ESAM, Depth and Johnny Westside with Samus, and Prince Ramen & IceNinja with Pally.
  • Yes, :4bowser:, :4duckhunt:, :4ganondorf:, :4dedede: and :4shulk: are that bad.
  • Peeps would probably want :4link: higher, but he doesn't really have all the results to be and how good he is is mostly based on theorycraft at this point considering his huge lack of tournament representation.
I feel like you placed Barf Marth too high. He's still a pretty solid character but he's just honestly not as good as he use to be. Everything else I'm alright with for the most part.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Some notes:
  • Was really unsure where to place :4luigi:. I really feel like he's a great character and that people overvalued his dthrow nerf. He's still a combo monster and has amazing frame data and KO power.
  • Was split on whether to place :4pikachu: or :rosalina: above one another, I guess they're tied.
  • "Felix, why are :4littlemac:, :4samus: and :4palutena: out of bottom tier?" They have better results than all the other bottom tiers, Sol and Alphicans have done very well with Mac, ESAM, Depth and Johnny Westside with Samus, and Prince Ramen & IceNinja with Pally.
  • Yes, :4bowser:, :4duckhunt:, :4ganondorf:, :4dedede: and :4shulk: are that bad.
  • Peeps would probably want :4link: higher, but he doesn't really have all the results to be and how good he is is mostly based on theorycraft at this point considering his huge lack of tournament representation.
Oh man I love critiquing these things~

Okay first off I don't think Pikachu is Top 5. I'd probably put Rosie above Ryu too, since Ryu's meta is still developing and he doesn't have kind of rep Rosie does. I'd be hesitant to put anybody in S tier (I don't think the distinction between characters at the top is that distinct), I think an A+ tier would suffice.

I don't think Mario is Top 10, and I'd say Fox and Sonic beat him pretty convincingly to that spot. And Pikachu, for that matter.

Yoshi isn't that good, definitely not better than Diddy, Ness, Wario and Villager.

The Pits are too low. I'd put them in mid-B tier, definitely above Pac-Man and Olimar, probably Luigi.

WHY IS GRENINJA THAT LOW FROGGY RAGE. I'd put him above the Pits, definitely should be at least in B-tier.

No way Link is better than Robin. I'd say Robin could fit into the tier above easily, they're pretty damn good.

I'd put Lucario higher, you can't count out his gimmick. Too volatile.

I can't justify putting Palutena over Junior or even Shulk.

I'd honestly swap Bowser and Dedede. Put Ganondorf and Metwo a bit higher.

No way Lucina is that low - she's invalidated by Marth, but she's an okay character otherwise.

Mii Swordighter isn't bottom-tier, and Mii Brawler definitely isn't the worst character.

Bottom tier is way too big if you ask me. No way are there that many unviable characters.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
My goodness that's...that's a huge list...
It's not "Gandroff", right?
No.

Canderous Ordo, Jolee Bindo, Zaalbar, Calo Nord, Davik Kang, Saul Karath, Vrook Lamar, Trask Ulgo, Zelka Forn, Galon Lor, Brejik, Ahlan Matale, Nurik Sandral, Griff Vao, Gadon Thek, Uthar Wynn, Vandar Tokare, Junix Nard, Nemo, Matton Dasol, Dave Johnson, Dorak Quinn, Rukil, Gluupor, Shaelas, Handon Guld, Calder Nettic, Rickard Lusoff, Ithorak Guldar, Gorse Bendak, Tamlen, Davin Kotras, Adum Larp, Roland Wann, Ziagrom.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Okay, this is my equivalent of a tier list. Rather than dividing every character into an individual spot (which I don't think is very helpful with the game still young and developing), I'm going to divide characters up based on how relevant I believe they are to the current metagame. This is not a true tier list in the traditional sense, it's more so a depiction of who's considered a distinct threat in the meta and who's most likely to win relevant high-level events, relative to others. Characters are not ordered within tiers.

A - Greatest tournament threats, the most relevant in the current meta and the most likely to win relevant high-level events

B - Respectable threats, either very relevant in the current meta or very likely to become relevant in the immediate future

C - Not currently very relevant, but displays good potential and has room to grow in future

D - Not currently relevant, has non-trivial flaws and not very likely to win a relevant event

A

:4sheik: :4zss: :4sonic: :4fox: :rosalina: :4ryu: :4diddy: :4pikachu: :4metaknight: :4falcon: :4mario: :4ness:

B

:4wario: :4greninja: :4peach: :4rob: :4pit: :4darkpit: :4myfriends: :4yoshi: :4luigi: :4villager: :4dk: :4robinm: :4pacman: :4megaman: :4tlink: :4miibrawl:

C

:4marth: :4feroy: :4olimar: :4wiifit: :4lucario: :4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4link: :4lucas: :4shulk: :4gaw: :4falco: :4miigun: :4miisword:

D

:4mewtwo: :4littlemac: :4kirby: :4samus: :4lucina: :4duckhunt: :4ganondorf: :4bowser: :4charizard: :4dedede: :4palutena: :4jigglypuff: :4zelda:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh man I love critiquing these things~

Okay first off I don't think Pikachu is Top 5. I'd probably put Rosie above Ryu too, since Ryu's meta is still developing and he doesn't have kind of rep Rosie does. I'd be hesitant to put anybody in S tier (I don't think the distinction between characters at the top is that distinct), I think an A+ tier would suffice.

I don't think Mario is Top 10, and I'd say Fox and Sonic beat him pretty convincingly to that spot. And Pikachu, for that matter.

Yoshi isn't that good, definitely not better than Diddy, Ness, Wario and Villager.

The Pits are too low. I'd put them in mid-B tier, definitely above Pac-Man and Olimar, probably Luigi.

WHY IS GRENINJA THAT LOW FROGGY RAGE. I'd put him above the Pits, definitely should be at least in B-tier.

No way Link is better than Robin. I'd say Robin could fit into the tier above easily, they're pretty damn good.

I'd put Lucario higher, you can't count out his gimmick. Too volatile.

I can't justify putting Palutena over Junior or even Shulk.

I'd honestly swap Bowser and Dedede. Put Ganondorf and Metwo a bit higher.

No way Lucina is that low - she's invalidated by Marth, but she's an okay character otherwise.

Mii Swordighter isn't bottom-tier, and Mii Brawler definitely isn't the worst character.

Bottom tier is way too big if you ask me. No way are there that many unviable characters.
All of these are actually good points, actually! I disagree about Pika not being Top 5 and Mario not being Top 10. Their results and their abilities are some of the most able of any character, especially for someone as widely repped as Mario. Otherwise, your counterpoints are pretty reasonable imo.

Anyone feel like smashing?
ME ME ME PICK ME

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
All of these are actually good points, actually! I disagree about Pika not being Top 5 and Mario not being Top 10. Their results and their abilities are some of the most able of any character, especially for someone as widely repped as Mario. Otherwise, your counterpoints are pretty reasonable imo.
Yeah, in hindsight I meant "not Top 5" with Mario, but I realised he wasn't even Top 5 in your list.

I think Pika is Top 10 for sure, but I struggle with 5. Except for ESAM and maybe a couple of others, nobody's really doing great work with him to justify it in my opinon.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I need to go to tournaments, but college is a thing and I don't know how I'd fit in going to a local which I think is still active in my area.

Célja Célja ,

Do you know if that biweekly in Columbus (???) (which iirc is at some Donato's (basement) on High Street...?) is still active?

Another thing I'm worried about is if the people that attend the local are any good, because Smash scenes can vary in strength.

Célja Célja , also please tell me the players that attend this biweekly/the tournies in your area aren't totally free. Having this region be weak would make me :c
Yeah it's still going on every other Tuesday. It's the one near the Buckeye Donuts and the Union.

While we have a few amount of newbies and free people, a chunk of us are very capable

About 5 of the people on here; Suyon, Karinole, Carls, Crazycolorz, and me almost always show up at the biweeklies (the Suyon guy just pops up after we keep telling him to show.) Every once in a while my roommate JT (the Sonic/Falcon player) will show up too, he also plays Link and he would probably want to ditto you. Unfortunately you'll have to get used to the many Rosalumas that play around here.

We've just had a pretty good Ness make his name known around here in the past couple weeks, but the biweekly as a whole runs all over the skill spectrum. I know we're actually thinking of hosting a couple tournaments here soon like in the next couple weeks, and then one in the end of February.

D

Deleted member

Okay, this is my equivalent of a tier list. Rather than dividing every character into an individual spot (which I don't think is very helpful with the game still young and developing), I'm going to divide characters up based on how relevant I believe they are to the current metagame. This is not a true tier list in the traditional sense, it's more so a depiction of who's considered a distinct threat in the meta and who's most likely to win relevant high-level events, relative to others. Characters are not ordered within tiers.

A - Greatest tournament threats, the most relevant in the current meta and the most likely to win relevant high-level events

B - Respectable threats, either very relevant in the current meta or very likely to become relevant in the immediate future

C - Not currently very relevant, but displays good potential and has room to grow in future

D - Not currently relevant, has non-trivial flaws and not very likely to win a relevant event

A

:4sheik: :4zss: :4sonic: :4fox: :rosalina: :4ryu: :4diddy: :4pikachu: :4metaknight: :4falcon: :4mario: :4ness:

B

:4wario: :4greninja: :4peach: :4rob: :4pit: :4darkpit: :4myfriends: :4yoshi: :4luigi: :4villager: :4dk: :4robinm: :4pacman: :4megaman: :4tlink: :4miibrawl:

C

:4marth: :4feroy: :4olimar: :4wiifit: :4lucario: :4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4link: :4lucas: :4shulk: :4gaw: :4falco: :4miigun: :4miisword:

D

:4mewtwo: :4littlemac: :4kirby: :4lucina: :4duckhunt: :4ganondorf: :4bowser: :4charizard: :4dedede: :4palutena: :4jigglypuff: :4zelda:
This is looking p nice.

I'm so glad somebody feels the same way I do about Kirby. He's definitely not viable at top level.

Nah

Smash Champion
I have literally no tournament experience, actually.
Neither do I. I probably should find some local to go to sometime, probably wouldn't be too hard since I live in New Jersey, but I also feel like I'm not ready so.....

...Speaking of tourneys, when are you guys holding another RST Tournament?
@Zareidriel opened signups for Symphony of Scales 3 earlier today actually.

Though I suppose it's technically not really a RST tourney since it's a Robin dittos tourney.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Also Koiba Koiba how do you get images to have a transparent background anyway? I can't figure out how to do that on GIMP.
I use the magical eraser and other things in PS~ :3

Also have a drawing tablet so I can erase alot of hidden cursed white detail

D

Deleted member

GGs. Those were definitely fun. Though my :4tlink: is really rusty. Sigh.

Do you mind if you could give any pointers as to what I did wrong when we played?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Anyone else not care about Xenoblade Chronicles X?
It's alright. Not every game has to appeal to everyone. Something I wish certain people would realize.
My goodness that's...that's a huge list...
It's not "Gandroff", right?
You're at least correct in it not being Gandroff. In fact, in belongs to an NPC. Now, I'll give you a little hint.

Of all the names listed, one of them wouldn't even make sense to have in the Star Wars Universe.

Canderous Ordo, Jolee Bindo, Zaalbar, Calo Nord, Davik Kang, Saul Karath, Vrook Lamar, Trask Ulgo, Zelka Forn, Galon Lor, Brejik, Ahlan Matale, Nurik Sandral, Griff Vao, Gadon Thek, Uthar Wynn, Vandar Tokare, Junix Nard, Nemo, Matton Dasol, Dave Johnson, Dorak Quinn, Rukil, Gandroff, Gluupor, Shaelas, Handon Guld, Calder Nettic, Rickard Lusoff, Ithorak Guldar, Gorse Bendak, Tamlen, Davin Kotras, Adum Larp, Roland Wann, Ziagrom.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
You're at least correct in it not being Gandroff. In fact, in belongs to an NPC. Now, I'll give you a little hint.

Of all the names listed, one of them wouldn't even make sense to have in the Star Wars Universe.

Canderous Ordo, Jolee Bindo, Zaalbar, Calo Nord, Davik Kang, Saul Karath, Vrook Lamar, Trask Ulgo, Zelka Forn, Galon Lor, Brejik, Ahlan Matale, Nurik Sandral, Griff Vao, Gadon Thek, Uthar Wynn, Vandar Tokare, Junix Nard, Nemo, Matton Dasol, Dave Johnson, Dorak Quinn, Rukil, Gandroff, Gluupor, Shaelas, Handon Guld, Calder Nettic, Rickard Lusoff, Ithorak Guldar, Gorse Bendak, Tamlen, Davin Kotras, Adum Larp, Roland Wann, Ziagrom.
My turn. Dave Johnson?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Looks like everyone is getting into the Christmas spirit.

Well might as well join you. Now, I just need to find an approbate avatar. Hmmmm..........

I figured you Robin Social fellas would appreciate the avatar and user title pun. :p

Blame Champ Black for reminding me.
*Ylisse Navidad*

I don't get it.

:135:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
GGs. Those were definitely fun. Though my :4tlink: is really rusty. Sigh.

Do you mind if you could give any pointers as to what I did wrong when we played?
Honestly your :4dedede:is pretty solid keep at it and you'll get better for sure. As for tips in general:

"Challenging" and "Evading" - You'll naturally get better with this with experience but know when you can challenge your opponents move and when you need to evade it.
Things to keep mind are frame data and range. (For ex. our :4myfriends:vs:4dedede:match you took about 5 consecutive f-airs trying to challenge it).

After about the 2nd or 3rd one you should have considered evading and air dodging to avoid further damage. Knowing the limits of your characters move set AND your opponents are key to utilizing this effectively.

"Recovering" - Every match you always seem to recover the same way and never really mixed up your options at the ledge either. This makes it easier for your opponent to take advantage of your position and perhaps even send you off stage again.

You want to mix up how you recover and how you get up from the ledge. Recovering "High" is an option but it's extremely risky and dangerous for some characters and could get you severely punished.

Recovering low in my opinion is one of the best ways to recover considering not every character can edge guard low without risking not making it back. But be sure to mix it up from time to time so your opponent doesn't read you.

Anyway I hope that helps a bit, you're a good player Feels you just need to keep practicing and naturally you'll get better over time.

Last edited:

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
Anyone else not care about Xenoblade Chronicles X?
I ain't got a WIIU so I have no reason to care for it. Yet.

Nemo?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Looks like everyone is getting into the Christmas spirit.

Well might as well join you. Now, I just need to find an approbate avatar. Hmmmm..........

*Ylisse Navidad*

I don't get it.

:135:
Ylisse, as in, the halidom from which Chrom resides and rules over.
Feliz Navidad is "Merry Christmas" in Spanish.
Ylisse and Feliz rhyme for the most part.
Puns.

A

B

C

D

:4mewtwo: :4littlemac: :4kirby: :4lucina: :4duckhunt: :4ganondorf: :4bowser: :4charizard: :4dedede: :4palutena: :4jigglypuff: :4zelda:
This seems about right. The only thing I'd do is move Pac-Man a bit higher and maaaaaaaybe Olimar up a bit (though I'm conflicted about Olimar. He really isn't very relevant in tournaments and he's in fact one of the lesser-played characters, but he dominates when he's used). :p

Also you forgot Samus. :p

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the "characters aren't ordered within tiers" thing. I can't read.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly your :4dedede:is pretty solid keep at it and you'll get better for sure. As for tips in general:

"Challenging" and "Evading" - You'll naturally get better with this with experience but know when you can challenge your opponents move and when you need to evade it.
Things to keep mind are frame data and range. (For ex. our :4myfriends:vs:4dedede:match you took about 5 consecutive f-airs trying to challenge it).

After about the 2nd or 3rd one you should have considered evading and air dodging to avoid further damage. Knowing the limits of your characters move set AND your opponents are key to utilizing this effectively.

"Recovering" - Every match you always seem to recover the same way and never really mixed up your options at the ledge either. This makes it easier for your opponent to take advantage of your position and perhaps even send you off stage again.

You want to mix up how you recover and how you get up from the ledge. Recovering "High" is an option but it's extremely risky and dangerous for some characters and could get you severely punished.

Recovering low in my opinion is one of the best ways to recover considering not every character can edge guard low without risking not making it back. But be sure to mix it up from time to time so your opponent doesn't read you.

Anyway I hope that helps a bit, you're a good player Feels you just need to keep practicing and naturally you'll get better over time.
Thanks for the advice, dude. I'll definitely keep this in mind. I never noticed how stale I was being with recovering and ledge mixups.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Thanks for the advice, dude. I'll definitely keep this in mind. I never noticed how stale I was being with recovering and ledge mixups.
It's a pleasure really, I use to be the "mentor" for my group of friends back in the Brawl days so giving advice on how to improve is sort of my forte lol.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
This seems about right. The only thing I'd do is move Pac-Man a bit higher and maaaaaaaybe Olimar up a bit (though I'm conflicted about Olimar. He really isn't very relevant in tournaments and he's in fact one of the lesser-played characters, but he dominates when he's used). :p
Yeah, I was gonna point out that they're not ordered within tiers, but you got that yourself~ ;3

I think ordering characters within tiers is something best left to the Back Room, this is just a very essential rundown of whom I believe is and is not currently viable (and to what extent).

Also you forgot Samus. :p
Thank you, fixed!

I put her in D tier, because while I think she is a very underrated character that has potential to evolve in the meta, I think she has significant flaws and that hinders her. She isn't very relevant right now beyond maybe a regional level at best, but a few buffs in the right place and I'd definitely call her viable.

D

Deleted member

Samus has the best toolkit out of all the low tiers as it is right now. Once she gets some hitbox fixes and damage/knockback buffs to certain moves (like down smash and missiles, pleaseeee), she definitely is going ways in this game.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Samus has the best toolkit out of all the low tiers as it is right now. Once she gets some hitbox fixes and damage/knockback buffs to certain moves (like down smash and missiles, pleaseeee), she definitely is going ways in this game.
Yeah I'd say she's in the same sticky situation as release Ike and MK: great kit and could be very good, but is held back by weird hitboxes, unsafe frame data, poor disadvantage and some moves that just don't work.

Fundamentally there's nothing objectively broken or unfixable about her, she's just mediocre in every way that matters. I hope she's buffed in future, she'd definitely be a respectable character if her (mostly superficial) issues were tweaked.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I'd say she's in the same sticky situation as release Ike and MK: great kit and could be very good, but is held back by weird hitboxes, unsafe frame data, poor disadvantage and some moves that just don't work.

Fundamentally there's nothing objectively broken or unfixable about her, she's just mediocre in every way that matters. I hope she's buffed in future, she'd definitely be a respectable character if her (mostly superficial) issues were tweaked.
Pre-patch Ike and MK were such messes around the time the game came out, lol. I was so disappointed in them after how much I played as both characters in Brawl, particularly MK but the nerf hammer was coming towards him one way or the other. Thank goodness balance patches have helped them out.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

*yawn*

Good mornin' y'all. Not really morning for me, but I just got up from a very long and fitful nap. I'm not really feeling it today. :4shulk::sadsheep:

Lots of posts to catch up on. I may go back to bed after this. :p

Some notes:
Kaabii and Rabinz are too low. Robin could go up a tier. Kirby could go up at least one. Mark my words: Kirby has yet to leave his mark in the meta. :kirby:

Also, Ryu is pretty damn good, but I wouldn't say that good. Maybe I just think that because I main Meta Knight and Robin.

Dedede needs his own tier. It shall be called the SSS tier.

A

B

C

D

:4mewtwo: :4littlemac: :4kirby: :4samus: :4lucina: :4duckhunt: :4ganondorf: :4bowser: :4charizard: :4dedede: :4palutena: :4jigglypuff: :4zelda:
Kaabii is way too low. Not that you did anything wrong, it's just the bozos in the meta game have yet to identify Kirby's raw power. I at least agree that he isn't really relevant to the meta at the moment, but mark my words: Kirby has yet to leave his mark in the meta. :kirby:

Kirby's the one. :kirby:

Ylisse Navidad

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Kaabii is way too low. Not that you did anything wrong, it's just the bozos in the meta game have yet to identify Kirby's raw power. I at least agree that he isn't really relevant to the meta at the moment, but mark my words: Kirby has yet to leave his mark in the meta. :kirby:

Kirby's the one. :kirby:
Nah Kirby's not that good. He has decent frame data and great combo potential, but he has some of the weakest approach options in the game, no good answer to shield, underwhelming specials (especially Hammer and Stone) and his recovery is more of a liability than a decent recovery or attack option.

With customs he's probably viable, since Jumping Inhale is much better at shield pressure than default Inhale (and has the added benefit of being a suicide, which can make opponents more careful of what they do in neutral) and Upper Cutter is an actually decent recovery and OOS option, but in default he's mediocre. Even his matchup spread is so-so at best (and no, he does not go even with Sheik).

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So gorls I have a tournament in a few weeks~

Anybody here have tournament experience? :3
I do and I'm ranked on my pr #2 atm but bumping down to 3 soon. I also help make my pr in my regional.

I need to go to tournaments, but college is a thing and I don't know how I'd fit in going to a local which I think is still active in my area.

Célja Célja ,

Do you know if that biweekly in Columbus (???) (which iirc is at some Donato's (basement) on High Street...?) is still active?

Another thing I'm worried about is if the people that attend the local are any good, because Smash scenes can vary in strength.

Célja Célja , also please tell me the players that attend this biweekly/the tournies in your area aren't totally free. Having this region be weak would make me :c
Brah don't be scared and go. Regarding of an area of having lesser skilled players than yourself you can still learn from said people. Also your folks region has a decent samus player named Hman, Shugo a old brawl falco/sonic head whose really good but don't play the game much from what I hear. Also it will be a good learning experience like I said especially if your a online warrior and only used to online. At least you cats are nearby Michigan and what not I'm in Nebraska and the closest high lvl comp near me is MJG in Kansas and other old brawl heads in Kansas and Chicago which is 7 hours away.

EDIT: Oh I also forgot about Katakiri a decent MK player as well.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Man if they let Samus charge Charge Shot in the air like everyone else with a chargeable projectile can that'd help her so much.

Well that and making her jab functional and making missiles/Super Missiles less ****

D

Deleted member

Nah Kirby's not that good. He has decent frame data and great combo potential, but he has some of the weakest approach options in the game, no good answer to shield, underwhelming specials (especially Hammer and Stone) and his recovery is more of a liability than a decent recovery or attack option.

With customs he's probably viable, since Jumping Inhale is much better at shield pressure than default Inhale (and has the added benefit of being a suicide, which can make opponents more careful of what they do in neutral) and Upper Cutter is an actually decent recovery and OOS option, but in default he's mediocre. Even his matchup spread is so-so at best (and no, he does not go even with Sheik).
This gal gets it. I've pretty much dropped Kirby for serious play in this game. 64, Brawl and PM Kirbs for life. :kirby64: :kirby2:

One thing that pisses me off is how they changed Hammer, a damn fine KO move in Brawl that gave awesome reward off reads, into a move like Hammer Bash for a character that already has a ton of trouble approaching anyways. That move is practicially useless in 1v1 as nobody's gonna fall for a fully charged Hammer Bash, and the uncharged hammer is laughably weak.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

And now, in response to this post, random thought fuel.

Kirby doesn't need good approach options. He's immune to projectiles, silly. :p

Do not, and I mean DO NOT, underestimate the Hammer Flip. I'm serious.

Meta Knight kinda sucks in the neutral, too, but look at where he is.

Wait... there's such a thing as characters that go even with SHEIK?!

In the hands of a pro, Kirby has enough tools to make up for his misgivings, at least in my opinion. I think you should look into it more.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Now I don't feel as bad about dropping Kirby anymore after maining him for 6 years for full attention on Jigglypuff

Even though they're both bleh lol

Jigglypuff's way cuter tho <3

Jiggs.GIF

But :kirby64::kirby2: for life

Top Bottom