• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
:4dedede: - This icon is absolutely perfect. There is nothing wrong with it at all. Just like the character it depicts. <3
Daddy Sakurai announces approval of this announcement.
Now he needs to announce the Smash Announcement video announcement time.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Not smash related but I find :094:'s face to be hilarious as anything. Reminds me of the troll face.

Also :125:looks pissed.

Also :074:has no pupils for some reason.

Also :055:and :062:look super fierce.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I swear if there is no overcast sky on the 16th, Takumi will pay!

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Not smash related but I find :094:'s face to be hilarious as anything. Reminds me of the troll face.

:004: Those bug eyes...
:022: Golden Fearow...?
:075:...
:146:...!?
:092:.....!?!
:205: oh my god
:191: OH MY GOD IT'S STARING AT MY SOUL

D

Deleted member

:secretkpop: will always remind me of all the beautiful gorls in the Zelda social.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

:004: Those bug eyes...
:022: Golden Fearow...?
:075:...
:146:...!?
:092:.....!?!
:205: oh my god
:191: OH MY GOD IT'S STARING AT MY SOUL
:172: - ?!?!?!
:190: - "When you stare into the void, the void stares back....."
:250: - "Where's muh face???"
:237: - ( : (
:214: - Super deformed AF
:173:- "You will give me an egg!"
:247:- Army green for some reason
:019: - Snaggletooff

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

R.I.P. Aba's Pacman.

Never forget. :4pacman:
First he drops :4wario:, then :4pacman:...

I swear there's no sense of character loyalty in top level anymore. Aside from GimR being loyal to :4gaw: , San and Ryo being loyal to :4myfriends: and Triple R being loyal to :4kirby:.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
:secretkpop: will always remind me of all the beautiful gorls in the Zelda social.
Thanks for the compliment. :secretkpop:

Same here. The zelda social is the first thing I think of whenever I see that icon since it's basically their signature icon.

If the zelda social was a country, that icon would be their flag - that's how significant/important it is there.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Ike's my secondary though lol. I wish I was half as good with him as I am with Link.
I main Ike, and I bet you'd still murderize me.

First off, Ninja Turtles and Batman crossover is now only 1 week away from starting. Shall be better than Batman VS Superman
Hold on, what? The turtles and BATMAN?!

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
First he drops :4wario:, then :4pacman:...

I swear there's no sense of character loyalty in top level anymore. Aside from GimR being loyal to :4gaw: , San and Ryo being loyal to :4myfriends: and Triple R being loyal to :4kirby:.
It's so sad. And the worst part is Aba's Pacman was GOOD (IMO). I love Abadango. He's the reason I stuck with Meta Knight going from Brawl to 4 and the reason I had even considered maining Pacman. It's just super depressing.

As a side note, that little star-warrior is underrated in the meta as far as I care to look into it. He has a decent amount of tools to stay safe in the neutral and to throw his opponents straight from the neutral to the blast zone. I've been considering maining him for real just to show people what he can do.

Can't say I think the same about those others though. Haven't looked into their potential too much.

D

Deleted member

John Cena's future daughter
AND HER NAME IS

QUEEN DEDEDE

It's so sad. And the worst part is Aba's Pacman was GOOD (IMO). I love Abadango. He's the reason I stuck with Meta Knight going from Brawl to 4 and the reason I had even considered maining Pacman. It's just super depressing.

As a side note, that little star-warrior is underrated in the meta as far as I care to look into it. He has a decent amount of tools to stay safe in the neutral and to throw his opponents straight from the neutral to the blast zone. I've been considering maining him for real just to show people what he can do.

Can't say I think the same about those others though. Haven't looked into their potential too much.
Agreed. His fantastic :4wario: play actually made me try him out after quite literally never playing as him once in Brawl. Now I absolutely love him and he's one of my best characters. The same goes for his :4metaknight:. I was disappointed with his nerfs and avoided him for quite a bit, then players like Aba and Leo really showed how deadly he could be and I got invested in him once again.

I'm not sure where :4kirby: is gonna be at this point in the meta. He still suffers from having one of the worst approaches in the game (not to mention the shieldstun changes hurt him due to his moves having low hitlag) and doesn't have that good of matchups outside the lower part of mid-tier besides argubaly going even vs. :4sheik:.

Last edited by a moderator:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
He mains the mysterious warrior of Dream Land... Meta Knight. :4metaknight:
Oooh. Well at least it's not a Sheik amirite folks?

And Abadango maining the knight means he wants to break the meta made for Sheik...please don't kill me

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Oooh. Well at least it's not a Sheik amirite folks?

And Abadango maining the knight means he wants to break the meta made for Sheik...please don't kill me
I'm obligated to laugh at this. :rotfl:

I regret nothing....

D

Deleted member

Whenever I go vs. Meta Knight, I go :4bowser: for pure hype alone considering it was Bowser's absolute worst MU in Brawl (unwinnable, in fact). Even against very good MKs I use Bowser and tend to do alright.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Whenever I go vs. Meta Knight, I go :4bowser: for pure hype alone considering it was Bowser's absolute worst MU in Brawl (unwinnable, in fact). Even against very good MKs I use Bowser and tend to do alright.
Have you ever fought THE Meta Knight? :4metaknight: (which I am (not joking (seriously read my username (believe it (okay I give up)))))

D

Deleted member

Have you ever fought THE Meta Knight? :4metaknight: (which I am (not joking (seriously read my username (believe it (okay I give up)))))
I'll fight you tomorrow. 1v1 me at smashville you borb

also in response to The Merc The Merc , I wanna link something I had for my own Project M variant of Smash 4:

Smash 4 is fine the way it is, aside from the few quibbles I have with the game. But aside from that, these are the things I'd do. I call it Project B, with it taking some visual and gameplay cues from Super Smash Bros. Brawl and adding in the missing veterans from that game. I'd also make changes to some of the roster. But anyways, here's my changes.

• The window for dashdancing is larger so you can do it similarly to Melee/PM.
  • DACUS returns from Brawl, I'd imagine Jigglypuff, Link, Wario, Sonic and Meta Knight would benefit the most.
  • :wolf: , the :popo:, :squirtle: and :ivysaur: as separate characters return from Brawl. :snake: too I guess.
  • The menu can be tilted with the C-stick, a missing easter egg from Melee and Brawl. The menu also resembles a mix of Melee and Brawl's.
  • Brawl's menu music plays by default when you boot up the game.
  • The menu buttons can be touched with the GamePad.
  • All the things with "Smash" in them (Multi-Man Smash, 8-Player Smash) are replaced with "Brawl" in them. The title screen will say "Super Smash Bros. Project B" with the background instead of just being white, is similar to Brawl's.
  • :4ganondorf:'s default specials are Dark Fists, Flame Choke, Warlock Blade and Wizard's Dropkick.
  • :4palutena:'s default specials are Jump Glide, Super Speed, Explosive Flame and Lightweight.
  • Various characters earn back the positive attributes from their Brawl incarnations, while still being balanced characters. (Such as :4charizard:, :4dedede:, :4tlink:, :4metaknight:, :4lucas:, :4pit:, :4fox:, :4falco:, :4marth:, :4olimar:, :4kirby:)
  • :4jigglypuff:, :4samus:, :4ganondorf: and :4drmario: are buffed back to their Melee status because I said so.
  • Edgehogging returns.
  • L-cancelling returns.
  • The announcer is replaced with the Brawl announcer, the rest of the newcomers and stuff would probs be manipulated voice clips or maybe a new announcer would be brought in for all characters.
  • :4wario: and :4olimar: get their cut alternate costumes back!
  • Every character gets an extra custom move slot for each of their specials when modifying their customs.
  • Separate victory themes for some characters rather than all characters having a series victory theme.
  • Every character gets 16 alternate costume slots, so it's not only exclusive to Little Mac. Every character gets their own special alternate costume. These are the ones I can think off the top of my head: (:4metaknight:: Maskless or proper Galacta Knight alt, :4samus:: Power Suit Samus, :4bowser:: Dry Bowser, :4luigi:: Dr. Luigi or Mr. L, :4ganondorf:: OoT/Melee or Hyrule Warriors Ganon, :4olimar:: Brittany, :4pacman:: Mrs. Pac Man, :4dedede:: Masked Dedede, :4jigglypuff:: SHINYYYY, :4lucario:: ALSO SHINYYYY, :4fox::4falco:: Melee incarnations, :4zelda:: OoT/Melee Zelda, :4tlink:: Outset Island wear, :4kirby:: Probably more spray paint colors from Squeak Squad, :4mewtwo:: Armored Mewtwo, :4gaw:: Mrs. Game & Watch!, :4diddy:: Dixie Kong, :rosalina:: Cosmic Spirit)
  • 64/Melee/Brawl stages not in the game return with HD makeovers, such as Yoshi's Story, Fourside, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Island from 64 and Brawl, Meta Crystal, Green Greens and New Pork City.'
  • New results screen music, or possibly just the one from Brawl.
  • A button is in the match settings that turns off stage hazards or bosses.
  • :4darkpit: and :4lucina: are decloned. :4tlink: gets a more Wind Waker-accurate moveset as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK

also in response to The Merc The Merc , I wanna link something I had for my own Project M variant of Smash 4:
If Link could stll DACUS like in Brawl his kill potential would be immensely higher than it already is. His U-smash got a huge buff from Brawl so I think it being gone now is sort of a balance to it personally.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
@Feelicks Doc's overall moveset is worse in Melee than it is in this game.

I'll be the first to tell you, a semi-spike Bair vs. his Bair right now? Weak af. USmash? Weak af.

All Doc needs is old Pill IASA from Melee personally, and maybe slightly better Uair, but mostly the former.

D

Deleted member

@Feelicks Doc's overall moveset is worse in Melee than it is in this game.

I'll be the first to tell you, a semi-spike Bair vs. his Bair right now? Weak af. USmash? Weak af.

All Doc needs is old Pill IASA from Melee personally, and maybe slightly better Uair, but mostly the former.
True. Doc needs to keep his GOAT up smash and back air.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Tomorrow ain't the best day for me, but I guess I could try. To be honest, I can't even promise I'll be on Smashboards at all tomorrow.

But, as a certain Strider said far too much for my liking, we shall see.

D

Deleted member

You know what else Melee Doc doesn't have?

The dream crushing Up+B that ruins friendships. It's like hitting dice and landing on Boo in Mario Party every time you do it OoS!
That's probably Doc's most hype kill move next to pivot fsmash. Or aforementioned up smash.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I know folks will talking about main's tier placement here's mine.

:fox64: - High

:falcomelee: - Top

:falco:- bottom of top tier

:roypm:- High

:4falco:- Low mid

WTH happened here? Also i dont use falco in pm cause i dont wanna ruin my melee falco tech skill and get spoiled by rar bairs with him. Also use :marthmelee::roymelee:in melee, :metaknight::lucario:for Falco bad MU's in brawl and also use :ganondorf: and :zelda:in PM.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know folks will talking about main's tier placement here's mine.

:fox64: - High

:falcomelee: - Top

:falco:- bottom of top tier

:roypm:- High

:4falco:- Low mid

WTH happened here? Also i dont use falco in pm cause i dont wanna ruin my melee falco tech skill and get spoiled by rar bairs with him. Also use :marthmelee::roymelee:in melee, :metaknight::lucario:for Falco bad MU's in brawl and also use :ganondorf: and :zelda:in PM.
I tend to switch mains a lot, but particularly in PM. For a couple months I mained :bowser2:, then :dedede:, then :popo:, and here I am now with :ness2:.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
My mains tbh

:zelda: - BAN•ZELDA
:4zelda: - BAN•ZELDA

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT MAINS AND THEIR VIABILITY AND IM JUST SITTING HERE GRINNING

HIGH TIER BUT **** TIER AT PLAYING HIM

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I figured you Robin Social fellas would appreciate the avatar and user title pun. :p

Blame Champ Black for reminding me.

IAmMetaKnight

NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Loto? Is this the main character from Dragon quest 3? Because I am confused that some people call him Erdrick and other call him Loto.
Speak of the Geno, and he shall appear. :halfsheep:

I can't stop laughing. I'm sorry. :rotfl::laugh::joyful:

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't begrudge Abadango for switching to Meta Knight. As much as I loved watching him play Pac-Man and Wario, the man is a professional, and with that status comes a certain degree of expectation: namely, to perform to the best of his ability and win tournaments. He evidently feels that Meta Knight offers him a greater chance of doing that and is a better representation of his skill as a competitor than either of the aforementioned two:

Pac-Man is a very tricky and complex character that requires massive patience and in-depth understanding of his kit and his tech. To do well with Pac, you pretty much have to devote yourself full-time to him. While I think he's a good character (lower end of high-tier maybe, top of mid-tier at the very worst), there does come a point at which you're playing against yourself as much as your opponent; the degree of micromanagement and forethought his playstyle requires is no doubt stressful at top-level play, and I'm not surprised Aba decided he wasn't getting the kind of reward he wanted, relative to how much work he puts in. Diminishing returns and all that jazzmatazz~

Wario, on the other hand, is a character that Aba considers "centralised" around the Waft. And he's not wrong. I know a guy that thinks Wario is a great character and plays him in PM, and while he considered playing him in Smash 4, he said the Waft is too much of a crapshoot and he isn't willing to dedicate himself to that risky a playstyle. Wario's a decent character with a few notable flaws (poor range, terrible smashes, difficulty killing, mediocre reward per hit), mitigated by the fact that he has a nuclear option that's terrifying in a 2-stock meta. If you're not playing to the Waft, though, you're not gonna get much reward out of Wario. Again, micromanagement and massive patience required for what is, in this case, an immense gamble on a character's viability.

Meta Knight isn't a character Aba picked up on a whim and began taking names with. He's made statements about how difficult it is to get into MK for the first time, and how much effort he had to put in to perfect the "holy grail" u-air -> up-b combo - a combo which he is still trying to master. He said his training regimen was playing 99-stock CPU matches and recording what happened every single time he tried the combo, until he felt comfortable using it in a real match. The man may have switched mains a few times, but he is dedicated to the characters he does decide to play. He's just decided that MK is the character that fits his playstyle the best and with whom he can get the greatest reward. For a guy who's dedicated himself to the highest level of competitive Smash, I don't think he's wrong to pick the character that gives him the best advantage, yet still remains the most fun for him to play. In a sense, that's real loyalty, both to his character and to himself. He has to do what's best for him before he can do what's best for his main.

For anybody that wants a deeper insight into Aba's theories on which character you should consider playing and how he came to the decision to main MK, I'd recommend reading this very short article, translated right from his personal blog. It's very interesting and you might just discover something new about character choices and which one's right for you!

Top Bottom