• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If the new revealed Pokken fighter is Mewtwo it'll be a bit of a let down since everyone expect sit.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
If the new revealed Pokken fighter is Mewtwo it'll be a bit of a let down since everyone expect sit.
I think Mewtwo has already been ruled-out. The Pokémon was hinted to have the character ン in its name. Mewtwo's name doesn't have ン in its Japanese spelling. I think that means it won't be him (I still expect him though).

I can't say I wasn't disappointed by this, but then again, I can't say I wasn't relieved by it either.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think Mewtwo has already been ruled-out. The Pokémon was hinted to have the character ン in its name. Mewtwo's name doesn't have ン in its Japanese spelling. I think that means it won't be him (I still expect him though).

I can't say I wasn't disappointed by this, but then again, I can't say I wasn't relieved by it either.
There's Dark Mewtwo anyways

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Anyone up for some matches?

Except you Rinku リンク Rinku リンク . I'm not quite ready to get completely bodied again so soon. I'm kidding. I'll play you too.
inb4 massive amounts of ****posting
View attachment 85720
I'm not worried. We get enough ****posting from TMNT as it is.

And I didn't care for PM, so this is no big loss for me.

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
View attachment 85720
In fact, if you expected the Robin Social to go nuts about this you're probably wrong.
A massive majority of us would be understanding or simply can't really care enough.

Although I do agree that the crap posting will occur somewhere. Probably Reddit, Nintenzone, or Smash General.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
In fact, if you expected the Robin Social to go nuts about this you're probably wrong.
A massive majority of us would be understanding or simply can't really care enough.

Although I do agree that the crap posting will occur somewhere. Probably Reddit, Nintenzone, or Smash General.
ya, in hindsight i don't know what i expected seeing as how this is a social for a smash 4 character

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Here's a massive amount of ****posting from this mouhfoah/moahfouh right here.
View attachment 85720
Not really sad to me(I only wanted to play PM because Smash 4 wasn't out yet), but I hope they find something great to do..maybe even develope Smash 5(6 if you go by Sakurai terms).

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
ya, in hindsight i don't know what i expected seeing as how this is a social for a smash 4 character
It's alright. I wouldn't have known about it until much later if you didn't bring it up. Thanks for the heads up. Now I'm going to avoid /r/Smashbros.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Even though I stopped playing PM, it saddens me to hear the news about it being canceled.

Even if I got salty with it, even if I had some bad times, even if it made me want to stop playing smash when I kept placing poorly in it...

I still had a good time with PM and I appreciate the PMBR team for working on it.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
*Reads list*

*No Hawlucha*
RIP The Dream, 2014-2015 :sadsheep:

*Sees Sceptile, Rhydon, Mienshao, and Sylveon are on the list*

I really hope for Sylveon too. But seeing as we still lack a Grass-type fighter they are more likely to add Sceptile instead.

Even though I stopped playing PM, it saddens me to hear the news about it being canceled.

Even if I got salty with it, even if I had some bad times, even if it made me want to stop playing smash when I kept placing poorly in it...

I still had a good time with PM and I appreciate the PMBR team for working on it.
It isn't exactly disappearing. I'm pretty sure there will still be tournaments, albeit small ones (like it has been the past year.)

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
View attachment 85720
I hadn't even heard of Project M until I joined SmashBoards earlier this year. In all honesty, I was always fairly apathetic towards it: never liked it, never disliked it, never cared for it. The fact that it's not going to get anymore updates?

Meh. Whatever.

This pretty much sums it up. I really don't care one way or another about Project M. It could up and disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't notice a difference.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It isn't exactly disappearing. I'm pretty sure there will still be tournaments, albeit small ones (like it has been the past year.)
I know it's not disappearing, but I still can't help but feel over the news.

Like I know PM isn't gonna die off, but it sucks to hear that they won't be added in more stuff/changing anything.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I know it's not disappearing, but I still can't help but feel over the news.

Like I know PM isn't gonna die off, but it sucks to hear that they won't be added in more stuff/changing anything.
It does. In fact, I downloaded PM 3 days ago with the intent of playing it...
I ended up playing with mods more, though.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It does. In fact, I downloaded PM 3 days ago with the intent of playing it...
I ended up playing with mods more, though.
Do you mean other Brawl mods?

If so I'd recommend Brawl-

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
To those talking about the new reveal for Pokken...
Someone compiled a list of Pokemon with "ン" in their name.
Thank God! I was just about to compile a list myself. Well that saves me a lot of trouble. Thanks for finding this. :grin:

Let's see here...

Finding the ones I think are interesting...

Sandslash would be interesting, especially when one notes that we don't have any ground-types (last time I checked). I suppose fighting primarily with long claws would kinda be taking away from Weavile, though.

Pidgeotto would be fun I'm sure, but part of me thinks it falls in the more generic area of Pokémon. It may not be up to the bar.

Ninetales. Ninetales? Ninetales?! NINETALES!?!!? IF THEY PUT NINETALES IN I'M GONNA FRIKIN DIE!!

Arcanine. Arcanine? Arcanine?! (same as above)

Alakazam or Kadabra would be cool. Except we already have Gardevoir and Mewtwo is as good as confirmed (if they don't put him in, we'll get a similar situation with Pokken like the one we had with Sm4sh).

Graveler would be fun. He's a rock-type, and I can see him rolling into a ball like a Goron or Sanic. That would be cool.

Gengar would be cool. He's like THE ghost-type. There's no way they won't put him in eventually. He's practically already in the game. (see what I did there?)

Rhyhorn or Rhydon would be fun. They'd be tanky and could charge the opponent, like, you know, a rhino.

Jolteon seems like a cool choice, but I think the presence of two electric-types rules Jolteon or any other additional electric-types out.

Snorlax is probably in my top three most likely. He'd just be so awesome (you can't deny it).

Porygon... huh... It seems within the realm of possibility I guess. I'd love to see how it'd play.

Ledian ain't the most popular gen 2 PKMN, but it is a fighting-type (if I recall correctly) and a bug-type (which we don't have represented here yet). I think it's somewhat likely.

Typhlosion would add a yet another fully-evolved fire-type starter. Sure. Why not?

I want to believe Ampharos is likely... I really do....

Slowking seems a little too slow for Pokken, but I'd take it.

Yanmmega is on my list of "OH MY GOD IF THIS GETS IN POKKEN I'M GONNA DIE" Pokémon.

Wobbuffet is iconic at this point. It'd be an interesting decision, too.

Kingdra would add a dragon-type. Charizard X aside, we have none of those.

Entei's place is sorta taken by Suicune. :/

Tyranitar is also on the list of Pokémon that would kill me if they got in.

Sceptile seems a likely choice. Don't need to talk too much about that.

Ninjask is the original Ninja Pokémon. Greninja has nothing against this guy.

Flygon is particularly popular and a dragon-type. It's also noteworthy for being one of the only easy-to-obtain, easy-to-level-up dragon-types. Case closed.

Kecleon would be amazing. It could like turn invisible to attack or something. I'd love to see the type of playstyle Kecleon would introduce.

Salamence is one of the more likely dragon-types in my opinion. He's also a reasonable enough size to pull the kind of playstyle I'd expect from a dragon-type.

G-Groudon? N-nope... *shuddders*

EMPOLEON WOULD BE AWESOME AS HELL.

Vespiquen would be... interesting...

Rhyperior has all the same edges as his previous evolution.

Tangrowth is a mess. He should untangle himself before he thinks about joining the Pokken roster.

Magmortar... would just be amazing... (except we do have a good amount of fire-types already).

Heatran is one of the more unique Pokémon type combinations. I think it has a fair chance (contrary to what I just said).

I've already said why I think Galvantula would be cool. You just can't get more spidery than that.

Pangoro is a ****ING PANDA BEAR (nuff said).

Duoblade (along with the rest of the Honedge family) is one of my all-time favorite Pokemans. If it gets in, I won't just die. My excitement will become so immense, I will strain reality to the breaking point. If Duoblade gets in, the world will end.

Goodra. Not my favorite, but another dragon-type. We need moar dragonz.

Noivern would be kinda generic in my opinion, but is still and okay choice I guess.

Those are just the Pokémon I thought were likely and picked from a glance. I'm willing to reconsider any of those opinions or add more.

Which ones do you guys think have the biggest chance?

:4metaknight:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thank God! I was just about to compile a list myself. Well that saves me a lot of trouble. Thanks for finding this. :grin:

Let's see here...

Finding the ones I think are interesting...

Sandslash would be interesting, especially when one notes that we don't have any ground-types (last time I checked). I suppose fighting primarily with long claws would kinda be taking away from Weavile, though.

Pidgeotto would be fun I'm sure, but part of me thinks it falls in the more generic area of Pokémon. It may not be up to the bar.

Ninetales. Ninetales? Ninetales?! NINETALES!?!!? IF THEY PUT NINETALES IN I'M GONNA FRIKIN DIE!!

Arcanine. Arcanine? Arcanine?! (same as above)

Alakazam or Kadabra would be cool. Except we already have Gardevoir and Mewtwo is as good as confirmed (if they don't put him in, we'll get a similar situation with Pokken like the one we had with Sm4sh).

Graveler would be fun. He's a rock-type, and I can see him rolling into a ball like a Goron or Sanic. That would be cool.

Gengar would be cool. He's like THE ghost-type. There's no way they won't put him in eventually. He's practically already in the game. (see what I did there?)

Rhyhorn or Rhydon would be fun. They'd be tanky and could charge the opponent, like, you know, a rhino.

Jolteon seems like a cool choice, but I think the presence of two electric-types rules Jolteon or any other additional electric-types out.

Snorlax is probably in my top three most likely. He'd just be so awesome (you can't deny it).

Porygon... huh... It seems within the realm of possibility I guess. I'd love to see how it'd play.

Ledian ain't the most popular gen 2 PKMN, but it is a fighting-type (if I recall correctly) and a bug-type (which we don't have represented here yet). I think it's somewhat likely.

Typhlosion would add a yet another fully-evolved fire-type starter. Sure. Why not?

I want to believe Ampharos is likely... I really do....

Slowking seems a little too slow for Pokken, but I'd take it.

Yanmmega is on my list of "OH MY GOD IF THIS GETS IN POKKEN I'M GONNA DIE" Pokémon.

Wobbuffet is iconic at this point. It'd be an interesting decision, too.

Kingdra would add a dragon-type. Charizard X aside, we have none of those.

Entei's place is sorta taken by Suicune. :/

Tyranitar is also on the list of Pokémon that would kill me if they got in.

Sceptile seems a likely choice. Don't need to talk too much about that.

Flygon is particularly popular and a dragon-type. It's also noteworthy for being one of the only easy-to-obtain, easy-to-level-up dragon-types. Case closed.

Kecleon would be amazing. It could like turn invisible to attack or something. I'd love to see the type of playstyle Kecleon would introduce.

Salamence is one of the more likely dragon-types in my opinion. He's also a reasonable enough size to pull the kind of playstyle I'd expect from a dragon-type.

G-Groudon? N-nope... *shuddders*

EMPOLEON WOULD BE AWESOME AS HELL.

Vespiquen would be... interesting...

Rhyperior has all the same edges as his previous evolution.

Tangrowth is a mess. He should untangle himself before he thinks about joining the Pokken roster.

Magmortar... would just be amazing... (except we do have a good amount of fire-types already).

Heatran is one of the more unique Pokémon type combinations. I think it has a fair chance (contrary to what I just said).

I've already said why I think Galvantula would be cool. You just can't get more spidery than that.

Pangoro is a ****ING PANDA BEAR (nuff said).

Duoblade (along with the rest of the Honedge family) is one of my all-time favorite Pokemans. If it gets in, I won't just die. My excitement will become so immense, I will strain reality to the breaking point. If Duoblade gets in, the world will end.

Goodra. Not my favorite, but another dragon-type. We need moar dragonz.

Noivern would be kinda generic in my opinion, but is still and okay choice I guess.

Those are just the Pokémon I thought were likely and picked from a glance. I'm willing to reconsider any of those opinions or add more.

Which ones do you guys think have the biggest chance?

:4metaknight:
You just made me more confused by Pokémon even more than I already was.

D

Deleted member

yo, Robins

It's everyone's favorite Dedede player that you don't remember! :4dedede:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I really hope for Sylveon too. But seeing as we still lack a Grass-type fighter they are more likely to add Sceptile instead.

Probably because that's asking for too much, but hey, gotta dream big right?
Wut u say m8?

I do love me some Ninjask tho.

Going over the rest of the list, Sandslash and Ledian would both be awesome, especially since they're both pretty underrated or underused Pokemon, so it would be sweet to see them get the spotlight for once! Although since they are both relatively less popular/remembered Pokémon, it hurts their chances as well. However Pokkén has already had some pretty out of nowhere additions such as Weavile, so I believe they're both still in the realm of possibility.

My reaction to Empoleon, Ninetails, Arcanine, Flygon, and Salamence are basically the same as yours.

As much as I love Kingdra, I'm not sure how they would make him work outside of water.

It's kind of funny, but I actually had a dream a few nights ago where Kingler was confirmed playable in Pokkén, and he's actually on the list! So now I'm just waiting to see if my dreams can predict the future!

Last but not least Virizion. Being my favorite Gen 5 legendary, I would more than likely flip out if it happened. Also it's a Grass/Fighting type, which is a really unique type combo. In addition, being a stag/deer-like Pokémon would make it very unique compared to other potential contestants. As for how likely Virizion could be, I can't say for sure. The Swords of Justice are relatively popular, and as we've seen Game Freak has already made some unique choices, so I'll put it under the "Maybe?" category.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
You're just begging for me to hit on you~ >w>
You hit on me, I hit on you back~ ;3

With my fist.

Covered in barbed wire and razor blades.

Guess who watched Hobo With A Shotgun for the first time yesterday~?

No but for reals I am taken.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You hit on me, I hit on you back~ ;3

With my fist.

Covered in barbed wire and razor blades.

Guess who watched Hobo With A Shotgun for the first time yesterday~?

No but for reals I am taken.
noice. i'll be forever alone ;-;

barbed wire hurts tho yo

Top Bottom