• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Yes, the assumption is that Sakurai will implement Chrom, as he is the blatantly obvious choice, one can only hope that he does the unpredictable and chooses Robin instead. As stated a plethora of times by a myriad of posters, Robin is the more ideal character in terms of move-set potential, she offers something entirely different and Robin represents far more than Chrom (as he is a decoy protagonist that was never properly developed). The inherent flaw is that Chrom is more recognizable to individuals that have never played Awakening and Intelligent Systems is most probably going to use Chrom in the future. I would honestly assert that it is close to a 50/50 chance when we account Sakurai's preference for unique characters. As many have stated, Smash isn't primarily a marketing machination, that is only a secondary function.
Yep, we can only hope Sakurai keeps his current trend of selecting characters based on their potential "uniqueness."

Hong

The Strongest
Sometimes I worry.

For example, WFT is certainly unique from an aesthetic standpoint, but I need to be convinced the will play differently from everyone else.

At least to Robin's benefit, she certainly stands out aesthetically in my opinion. Especially compared to her colleagues.

Morbi

Scavenger
Sometimes I worry.

For example, WFT is certainly unique from an aesthetic standpoint, but I need to be convinced the will play differently from everyone else.

At least to Robin's benefit, she certainly stands out aesthetically in my opinion. Especially compared to her colleagues.
I am not entirely sure if aesthetic diversity is something Sakurai focuses on. I mean, Waluigi would be a top-contender if that was the case. However, as everyone is keen on mentioning, Robin is certainly more diverse than a 3rd sword-wielding, blue-haired lord. Maybe that will be the notion that gets her considered over him. I suppose it got Falco over Wolf in Melee.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
I am not entirely sure if aesthetic diversity is something Sakurai focuses on. I mean, Waluigi would be a top-contender if that was the case. However, as everyone is keen on mentioning, Robin is certainly more diverse than a 3rd sword-wielding, blue-haired lord. Maybe that will be the notion that gets her considered over him. I suppose it got Falco over Wolf in Melee.
And then they troll us by giving us a blue haired Robin as the default. In all seriousness, there are so many blue haired lords in FE. Makes you wonder if that's a hero requirement. Requirement #27: Hair must be a very bright and/or uncommon hair color. Edit: Or maybe they all really like dyeing their hair .

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Assuming Robin is in, I think the most likely scenario is that she/he will be revealed sometime before release in a Nintendo Direct.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Assuming Robin is in, I think the most likely scenario is that she/he will be revealed sometime before release in a Nintendo Direct.
Yeah, as I said before probably on April 19th, Awakening's Japan release date

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Uh, have they done a direct specifically to announce a Smash Bros. character? I thought they were just tacked onto directs for other purposes. And they haven't announced any Newcomers on anniversaries. It's more likely that Robin would be announced randomly, in my opinion.

Hong

The Strongest
What if Chrom actually manages to make it in and Robin doesn't despite Robin's uniqueness?
Then I would hope Robin supporters have been more realistic and reasonable than others.

To all my dearest Tacticians out there, I'll simply tell you not to hold your breath. This is not out of negativity, but so that you don't set yourself up for a broken heart.

Do I like Chrom? Certainly.
Do I like Robin. Of course. I love Robin, especially as a potential fighter, but I'll count my blessings.
Is there a chance Robin could be a playable character? Sure, along with another good five or so yet-to-be-revealed newcomers.
Will Robin be in the game? Unlikely, but far from impossible.
Will Chrom be in the game? Certainly the most likely Fire Emblem addition, but as he says "Anything can change!".

None of this is directed at your post, but Robin supporters as a whole. No use in over-hyping a character that hasn't been announced like they do in other threads. We can do better than that, and I hope no one is sour if she doesn't show up. The support is GREAT and all of us know Robin could be an awesome addition, but for all the reasons to include her, there are many reasons to not even give her a second glance. Since Sakurai-san will undoubtedly seek advice from Intelligent Systems, for all we know we may see both, or neither.

I say this all out of love for my fellow Tacticians, so that no one is upset if she does not show up. Being positive is not about over-optimism, but being able to see the best out of even the unintended outcome. ( ' ▽ ')/

And that's my take on it.
Well good news for ye. It also just so happens that the 25th anniversary of Fire Emblem is April 20. Since the 19th and 20th are on Saturday and Sunday respectively, I figure if we hear anything, it'll be the 18th or 21st. From a marketing standpoint, the 18th is their best bet. Greatest amount of possible exposure will be on Friday, so that buzz will start to generate over the weekend and get people talking about Fire Emblem. Only holiday in Japan on that day is Invention Day which like no one cares about ever.
Uh, have they done a direct specifically to announce a Smash Bros. character? I thought they were just tacked onto directs for other purposes. And they haven't announced any Newcomers on anniversaries. It's more likely that Robin would be announced randomly, in my opinion.
Don't forget, SMTxFE has been in development for a year with little to no details. I don't think Narahiro or the other folks at IS will miss something like the 25th anniversary, so there is no doubt they will be pestering the rest of the company about it if they have somehow managed to forget. What I'm getting at is that it's a good time as any for a preview. This is also a good chance for the company to expose some of the products they have in the works for the summer. I can't remember everything that is going down, but it's a good time to talk about some of the new services they have in the works for the Wii U like the DS VIrtual Console, as well as some marketing for Mario Kart 8, which is slated for a May release.

Last edited:

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Then I would hope Robin supporters have been more realistic and reasonable than others.

To all my dearest Tacticians out there, I'll simply tell you not to hold your breath. This is not out of negativity, but so that you don't set yourself up for a broken heart.

Do I like Robin. Of course. I love Robin, especially as a potential fighter, but I'll count my blessings.
Is there a chance Robin could be a playable character? Sure, along with another good five or so yet-to-be-revealed newcomers.
Will Chrom be in the game? Certainly the most likely Fire Emblem addition, but as he says "Anything can change!".

None of this is directed at your post, but Robin supporters as a whole. No use in over-hyping a character that hasn't been announced like they do in other threads. We can do better than that, and I hope no one is sour if she doesn't show up. The support is GREAT and all of us know Robin could be an awesome addition, but for all the reasons to include her, there are many reasons to not even give her a second glance. Since Sakurai-san will undoubtedly seek advice from Intelligent Systems, for all we know we may see both, or neither.

I say this all out of love for my fellow Tacticians, so that no one is upset if she does not show up. Being positive is not about over-optimism, but being able to see the best out of even the unintended outcome. ( ' ▽ ')/

Well good news for ye. It also just so happens that the 25th anniversary of Fire Emblem is April 20. Since the 19th and 20th are on Saturday and Sunday respectively, I figure if we hear anything, it'll be the 18th or 21st. From a marketing standpoint, the 18th is their best bet. Greatest amount of possible exposure will be on Friday, so that buzz will start to generate over the weekend and get people talking about Fire Emblem. Only holiday in Japan on that day is Invention Day which like no one cares about ever.
This would likely be the case.

Don't forget, SMTxFE has been in development for a year with little to no details. I don't think Narahiro or the other folks at IS will miss something like the 25th anniversary, so there is no doubt they will be pestering the rest of the company about it if they have somehow managed to forget. What I'm getting at is that it's a good time as any for a preview. This is also a good chance for the company to expose some of the products they have in the works for the summer. I can't remember everything that is going down, but it's a good time to talk about some of the new services they have in the works for the Wii U like the DS VIrtual Console, as well as some marketing for Mario Kart 8, which is slated for a May release.
Yeah I accepted that fact the moment I came here. It's like that with every possible character. Sure, I would be extremely excited if Robin got in. But if Chrom does I won't be that upset because I still like Chrom. Agree with you. Also really? Happy Almost 25th Anniversary Fire Emblem

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Although if Robin doesn't get announced I'll be upset because this thread will have to end. You guys are awesome.

Last edited:

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice

All of my yes...

It certainly isn't the wisest thing to fully expect Robin to be in the game. That's just setting up for your own dreams and hopes to be crushed. I wouldn't mind seeing Chrom at all...I just worry that he wouldn't be unique enough to separate from the rest of the crowd. Regardless of their choice for a new Fire Emblem character, I would not be disappointed in the slightest.

So what do you guys think the chances for a third Fire Emblem rep would be? And Robin's chances for claiming that spot, bias thoughts aside.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Alright, even though I don't like Robin I'll take a crack at it.
Fire Emblem has about a 90% chance of getting a newcomer.
Robin's got like a 25-30% chance of being that newcomer.
Lucina's got about the same.
And Chrom is around 70-75% likeliness imo.

Morbi

Scavenger
All of my yes...

It certainly isn't the wisest thing to fully expect Robin to be in the game. That's just setting up for your own dreams and hopes to be crushed. I wouldn't mind seeing Chrom at all...I just worry that he wouldn't be unique enough to separate from the rest of the crowd. Regardless of their choice for a new Fire Emblem character, I would not be disappointed in the slightest.

So what do you guys think the chances for a third Fire Emblem rep would be? And Robin's chances for claiming that spot, bias thoughts aside.
As many are fully aware, I am actually a Chrom supporter; however, this notion was conceived as a result of his blatantly overt chances. Robin is the character that I actually want. That being said, I used to underestimate her chances. Anyways, as for your first question, I believe we are to receive 10 newcomers not including Mewtwo. Thus, we already have 4 out of 10. That leaves us with 6 more characters for an arbitrary 25% increase and a soft-cap of 50 characters. There are some series that are more likely than not going to get an additional representative (Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, Legend of Zelda). So we have 3 more franchises after that event, these will be competing with the rest of the series (Mario, Pokemon, Metroid, Kirby, Star Fox, F-Zero, Mother Wario, Yoshi, "Retro," and of course, Fire Emblem). Needless to say, we also have the probability of new IP such as Xenoblade's Shulk or Golden Sun's Isaac. In that event, I do not believe that Fire Emblem will take priority over so many other franchises. If Ridley is shoe-in and we get one more representative that is from a new IP... that literally leaves us with Fire Emblem competing with 9 other categories in addition to the possibility of double representation (K. Rool and Dixie or Palutena and Hades or Toon Zelda from Brawl's code).

So the chances of a new Fire Emblem character (without resorting to cutting Ike) are actually quite minuscule.
25% seems correct.

After that, Robin's chance over the likes of Chrom, Roy, and Lyn? Probably even less. A reasonable 10% perhaps.

Hong

The Strongest
Well with Toon Link still kicking around with thus far three of the same Specials, the bar has been set low as far as character diversity implementation goes.

We could very well have three Fire Emblem characters, with Chrom as the Lucas. A character from a series I love, but could have been so much more.

If it was enough to ask for a third Fire Emblem character, it more to ask them to be someone original.

Last edited:

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
As many are fully aware, I am actually a Chrom supporter; however, this notion was conceived as a result of his blatantly overt chances. Robin is the character that I actually want. That being said, I used to underestimate her chances. Anyways, as for your first question, I believe we are to receive 10 newcomers not including Mewtwo. Thus, we already have 4 out of 10. That leaves us with 6 more characters for an arbitrary 25% increase and a soft-cap of 50 characters. There are some series that are more likely than not going to get an additional representative (Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, Legend of Zelda). So we have 3 more franchises after that event, these will be competing with the rest of the series (Mario, Pokemon, Metroid, Kirby, Star Fox, F-Zero, Mother Wario, Yoshi, "Retro," and of course, Fire Emblem). Needless to say, we also have the probability of new IP such as Xenoblade's Shulk or Golden Sun's Isaac. In that event, I do not believe that Fire Emblem will take priority over so many other franchises. If Ridley is shoe-in and we get one more representative that is from a new IP... that literally leaves us with Fire Emblem competing with 9 other categories in addition to the possibility of double representation (K. Rool and Dixie or Palutena and Hades or Toon Zelda from Brawl's code).

So the chances of a new Fire Emblem character (without resorting to cutting Ike) are actually quite minuscule.
25% seems correct.

After that, Robin's chance over the likes of Chrom, Roy, and Lyn? Probably even less. A reasonable 10% perhaps.
Honestly in my opinion any Assist Trophies in Brawl lost their chances to be fighters. They were the "honorable mentions" of Smash. Good, but not good enough to be a fighter (Sorry Lyn and Little Mac supporters.) Isaac is......debatable. And I'm not even gonna talk about Roy.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Robin's chances are below Lyn's. I really think her best shot was back in Brawl, and I really don't think Robin is such an out of the ordinary rep that s/he can't get in over Lyn. *shrugs* Roy is more debateable, since I'm not sure if he's on Sakurai's radar all that much relative to more recent Fire Emblem reps. I'll be really surprised if we see him return, not that I'd be opposed to it.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I think if there is a new Fire Emblem rep, it'll almost certainly be one of Awakening's trio, or Anna, but she's definitely a dark horse candidate. The other options people have proposed, namely Roy and Lyn, simply don't make that much sense. Awakening was too important to the series. It's the one that saved it from cancellation, and it's also the best selling and most recent. That all comes into play from a business perspective. People are more likely to buy a game with a character they like/recently played as, and for the largest part of the FE fanbase, that's Awakening's trio. Out of those 4, I'd give Chrom 50%, Robin 40%, Lucina 9%, and Anna 1%.

Now, the question of whether FE will get a new rep is another question altogether. I like MA's guesstimate of 10 new total. That leaves us 6 more open slots, but not all series are at equal chances. DK and KI are both very likely to get new characters, so now we're at 4. Mario, I think is about done for reps this time around. Pokemon has maybe a 50/50 shot of getting a newcomer. Same with Metroid. So between those two, let's knock it down to 3. Zelda, Kirby, and Yoshi don't really have any reps that stand out for a need to be included. F-Zero, Mother, and Star Fox, I think, aren't really active enough to justify another newcomer, and as much as I love Mother, 2 reps is enough for a series that small. So, we've got 3 slots left, and the major series still left competing are Wario, Xenoblade, Punch-Out!, Fire Emblem, and maybe some other retro one. In theory, I think that leaves FE in a pretty good place. Maybe, at a 65% chance? I think FE's got a bit of an advantage due to becoming much more popular with Awakening.

So, mathematically, this ends up giving Robin a 26% chance of appearing. In terms of Fire Emblem, I wouldn't go for the attack myself, but if a character has a 26% chance to kill my guy, you can bet Basilio's sweet brown Feroxi arse I'd leave my guy out of range.

Again, this is all totally subjective. Maybe Sakurai will decide to add 6 more Star Fox characters. I dunno.

Last edited:

Graydient

Smash Cadet
I have nothing against Chrom, but I do find it funny that I view Chrom as a worst-case scenario.

Including Chrom may hurt Ike's chances for a variety of reasons, although Lucario has given a bit of confidence that Ike will return. I do think Fire Emblem deserves 3 reps this time around, and I'd hate to just see Marth and Chrom.
But even with or without Ike, Fire Emblem will be notorious as "the series with generic blue-haired swordsmen".

I don't find the pair-up system to be favorable. To have Chrom pair-up with Lucina/Robin/whoever is akin to saying that Chrom can't take on Marth/Link/Mario/etc. without the aid of someone else. It takes away from their character, imo.

Last edited:

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
I think if there is a new Fire Emblem rep, it'll almost certainly be one of Awakening's trio, or Anna, but she's definitely a dark horse candidate. The other options people have proposed, namely Roy and Lyn, simply don't make that much sense. Awakening was too important to the series. It's the one that saved it from cancellation, and it's also the best selling and most recent. That all comes into play from a business perspective. People are more likely to buy a game with a character they like/recently played as, and for the largest part of the FE fanbase, that's Awakening's trio. Out of those 4, I'd give Chrom 50%, Robin 40%, Lucina 9%, and Anna 1%.

Now, the question of whether FE will get a new rep is another question altogether. I like MA's guesstimate of 10 new total. That leaves us 6 more open slots, but not all series are at equal chances. DK and KI are both very likely to get new characters, so now we're at 4. Mario, I think is about done for reps this time around. Pokemon has maybe a 50/50 shot of getting a newcomer. Same with Metroid. So between those two, let's knock it down to 3. Zelda, Kirby, and Yoshi don't really have any reps that stand out for a need to be included. F-Zero, Mother, and Star Fox, I think, aren't really active enough to justify another newcomer, and as much as I love Mother, 2 reps is enough for a series that small. So, we've got 3 slots left, and the major series still left competing are Wario, Xenoblade, Punch-Out!, Fire Emblem, and maybe some other retro one. In theory, I think that leaves FE in a pretty good place. Maybe, at a 65% chance? I think FE's got a bit of an advantage due to becoming much more popular with Awakening.

So, mathematically, this ends up giving Robin a 26% chance of appearing. In terms of Fire Emblem, I wouldn't go for the attack myself, but if a character has a 26% chance to kill my guy, you can bet Basilio's sweet brown Feroxi arse I'd leave my guy out of range.

Again, this is all totally subjective. Maybe Sakurai will decide to add 6 more Star Fox characters. I dunno.
You've summed up my thoughts on this pretty well. I agree with you on this. Seems accurate for each series chances.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that Smash Bros will sell any better or have any more awareness because of an Awakening character being in it. I would say it's the opposite, and that it will help Fire Emblem sales out quite handily. I think anyone who has somehow gotten into Fire Emblem yet has somehow not treaded Smash Bros will buy it regardless. Marth and Arena Ferox is already a very handsome offering, especially for the portable install-base.

That said, I will agree that Awakening is monumental on the grandest scale for the series. 1.2m is a drop in the pail compared to some of the other heavy-hitters in the video game market, but still very impressive. Fire Emblem: Awakening had people talking, with Fire Emblem trending across social media internationally in February and March. Not to mention a great commercial success, even compared to IPs like Mario and Legend of Zelda, factoring in DLC sales. The team at IS must feel great that they had taken such an ambitious risk and exceeded their projections in short time.

And of course, the impact within the series in of itself. I myself have been with the series starting from the third entry, and I would call Awakening a massive milestone, and a dawn of a new era. Last time I can think of a shift like this for the series, it was when they first went portable, simplifying the systems, making it very convenient, and offering a faster-paced experience.

Awakening can be called many things, good and bad, but it is unarguably a new era. Changes to core mechanics that have been around for over a decade, combined with bringing back some of the best (and controversial) mechanics, packaged to please fans both new and old. This does not even scratch the surface in how it severely lowered the barrier of entry for new players with Casual mode and a playable demo, plus common anime character tropes that invite an even wider (albeit sometimes different) demograph. Did I mention the best presentation the series has seen, with voice acting (outside of like a few cutscenes) and probably the best music to date?

It had done many things wrong, but there really is no argument that Fire Emblem: Awakening gets a badge of honour and a golden ticket for some real recognition in the next Smash Bros. More than just a stage. Love it or hate it, if you love Fire Emblem, you have Awakening to thank for keeping it afloat. I just hope SMT x FE doesn't flop so hard that it will spring a leak.

I have nothing against Chrom, but I do find it funny that I view Chrom as a worst-case scenario.
Understandably so. Fire Emblem is better than this.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I don't find the pair-up system to be favorable. To have Chrom pair-up with Lucina/Robin/whoever is akin to saying that Chrom can't take on Marth/Link/Mario/etc. without the aid of someone else. It takes away from their character, imo.
It more so has to do with demonstrating how incredibly unoriginal Chrom is.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I think Robin supporters have to be a little bit more reasonable than others. I mean, Robin is the main character, but arguably the main character. Robin also isn't the most-well known character from Awakening. We're holding out for Robin because she's the best choice, not the most likely. Most of us are fairly logical when it comes to this.

It's a good time to talk about those things, it just seems character reveals haven't really had any relation to the content of Nintendo Direct. Of course, there have only been two.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
image.jpg
Here's a picture. Everyone's true path to victory.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Nintendo Direct tomorrow guys let's see what happens

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
image.jpg
Ok........any point about Assist Trophies that i made is now obsolete. Hi Little Mac welcome to Smash

Hong

The Strongest
As someone who plays primarily ranged fighters, Little Mac looks like he'll be fun to fight. Will give Robin a run for her gold, for sure.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, here's a question to spark up some conversation. How does the reveal of Little Mac affect the chances of Robin? Does Little MAc support his/her inclusion? Does he hurt his/her chances while boosting the chances of competition like Chrom?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So, here's a question to spark up some conversation. How does the reveal of Little Mac affect the chances of Robin? Does Little MAc support his/her inclusion? Does he hurt his/her chances while boosting the chances of competition like Chrom?
Honestly, Little Mac does nothing for or against Robin, aside from having a roster spot. He only helps other Western popular characters, everyone else is neutral...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Honestly, Little Mac does nothing for or against Robin, aside from having a roster spot. He only helps other Western popular characters, everyone else is neutral...
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking as well. I guess Little Mac does further cement the idea that Sakurai wants to have characters that bring something new to the table, which of course Robin could very easily do, but we already figured that out early on.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking as well. I guess Little Mac does further cement the idea that Sakurai wants to have characters that bring something new to the table, which of course Robin could very easily do, but we already figured that out early on.
I don't think Little mac, at his core, is new or interesting at all. He is about as vanilla as it gets when it comes to source material. Sure his Power metre is new, but I can think of 101 characters that could have their own gimmick, many of them that would take less creativity to make them original than Little Mac.

But he is loved. Because he is loved, they will look into what the character is capable of, to make it work.

Robin is the opposite. She is not exactly the most revered candidate. Few will grieve if she doesn't show up. That said, she is inherently more interesting and unique compared to Little Mac. She does not require much imagination to make her an interesting character.

As for how Little Mac affects Robin's chances, I would say it's largely inconsequential. At most, Little Mac requires development time, but they are two character who operate in such drastically different fields and bring very different potential gameplay implications.

If one character is affected by Little Mac, it would be Lyndis. I would say things look better for her. Expect? Not at all. But at least we know Assist Trophies can be given a second chance.

D

Deleted member

I find that comparing Robin to Mac is kinda awkward, they are not on the same level in almost all domains.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think Robin's chances are that terrible, I'd say Robin is only behind Chrom realistically. Robin IS the player in awakening after all, that's a pretty good thing to have on your smash résumé.

It's just that Chrom appears to be the painfully obvious representative. To the point of almost being too obvious....many have convinced themselves that Chrom (or some tag team combo with him) is the only realistic Fire Emblem newcomer. They could be setting themselves up for a Sakurai sucker punch.

Chrom, Robin and Lucina are the only three possibilities I see for Fire Emblem representation, being extremely harsh. I don't think Lucina will appear on her own either. (she'll be with Chrom if anything)

There's always the possibility of no FE newcomer. Space is tight after all, maybe Sakurai will think stages, assist trophies and music will be enough.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't think Robin's chances are that terrible, I'd say Robin is only behind Chrom realistically. Robin IS the player in awakening after all, that's a pretty good thing to have on your smash résumé.

It's just that Chrom appears to be the painfully obvious representative. To the point of almost being too obvious....many have convinced themselves that Chrom (or some tag team combo with him) is the only realistic Fire Emblem newcomer. They could be setting themselves up for a Sakurai sucker punch.

Chrom, Robin and Lucina are the only three possibilities I see for Fire Emblem representation, being extremely harsh. I don't think Lucina will appear on her own either. (she'll be with Chrom if anything)

There's always the possibility of no FE newcomer. Space is tight after all, maybe Sakurai will think stages, assist trophies and music will be enough.
There's part of the reason I want Robin in. Most people just expect Chrom as the obvious new Fire Emblem character; I personally haven't seen many people who actually WANT him in that much. So when you consider the fact that Robin is also one of the main protagonists of Awakening and has a lot more he could bring to the table than Chrom, you get a character choice that could be unique and would be a surprising addition to the roster while still making perfect sense.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I don't think Robin's really affected at all by Little Mac. Mac was likely with or without Robin, so it's no surprise to see him show up. The only character who HAS taken a significant drop in likelihood because of Little Mac is Dixie, seeing as how logic dictates she would have been revealed yesterday instead of the Mac.

Of course, Rosalina wasn't revealed for SM3DW, so it might mean nothing.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I believe if we do get stuck with 2 FE reps, somebody will replace Ike. I'd probably receive a lot of flak for that comment from plenty of users on these forums but it's ridiculous to think that they would put in the man hours to add Ike back in while ignoring FE:A.
But I'm pretty confident that we will get three. FE has never been more deserving of newcomers as it is now.

Top Bottom