• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Honestly, for its time, the Fire Emblem OVA was good. I am not sure if they can make something good again, but I would like to see them try.

The side comic for Awakening has nice writing. I am sure they could do a manga, but their best bet is to focus on side stories and not just a recreation of the games. They can make up lots of material without having to encroach on the base products.
I think FE has a lot of potential for this kind of stuff and........... wait..... What side comic? Did I miss something?

Hong

The Strongest
But this is not the place to wet yourself on the strategic tactitian.
No, please. Flatter me some more. It will get you places.
I think FE has a lot of potential for this kind of stuff and........... wait..... What side comic? Did I miss something?
http://serenesforest.net/gallery/fe13comic.html

Check this out.

It is 100% official and canon, and focuses on highlighting parts of Awakening's story that we never got to see, like Marth's battle with Lon'qu.

Hong

The Strongest
Taking what Zero Suit Samus started to the next level, I present Zero Robe Robin:

As you can see, clearly this has gotten to whole new unprecedented levels of ecchi, to give Smash Bros a much-needed "edgy" touch.

But no more skin than that. We don't want an M rating.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Honestly, for its time, the Fire Emblem OVA was good. I am not sure if they can make something good again, but I would like to see them try.

The side comic for Awakening has nice writing. I am sure they could do a manga, but their best bet is to focus on side stories and not just a recreation of the games. They can make up lots of material without having to encroach on the base products.
Also yes exactly like that video actually. Make a TV show using Awakening's cutscene style. People would watch it. (At least......I would......)

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Zero Robe Robin looks really cool actually. I like the robes, but without them they still look pretty interesting.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
No, please. Flatter me some more. It will get you places.
http://serenesforest.net/gallery/fe13comic.html

Check this out.

It is 100% official and canon, and focuses on highlighting parts of Awakening's story that we never got to see, like Marth's battle with Lon'qu.
Some of my reactions to this. Lissa Part 2: Chrom's sword looks way longer than it is. Sumia Part 1: Love how they make fun of the fact that he always pulls his sword out of the ground.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Hahaha. Nice. Marth Part 1: Well this should be interesting, always wanted to see this. Edit: Part 2: Oh my..... This is exactly how I imagined it. 10/10 best comic ever. And thus Lucina continued to be awesome.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
"I am a dragon. My name is Minervykins." Has me laughing. I wasn't expecting it to be so deadpan. I just had to reply about that.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Minervykins: I didn't actually expect this POV. So what Virion did was somewhat noble? Huh....

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't expecting it either. And it does clear up some things, but is mostly comedic. I do like that. Also seems to make all the guys cuter, which is a plus.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Cordelia: OMFG. THIS. IS. HILLARIOUS. I have no words to describe this.
Edit: Henry: Now to pair up Henry and Panne.....
Edit:Lucina: So that's where the gate was......

Last edited:

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, they're all pretty awesome. For the simple oddness of it I may like Minerva's best, but really they're all pretty awesome. Lissa's was kind of blah, but the rest were gold comedy-wise. I also like how Marth beat Lon'qu.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Yeah, they're all pretty awesome. For the simple oddness of it I may like Minerva's best, but really they're all pretty awesome. Lissa's was kind of blah, but the rest were gold comedy-wise. I also like how Marth beat Lon'qu.
Overall I think all of it was pretty good. I liked seeing the parts of Awakening we didn't see. Also even though they probably don't want make a gender canon, but I kinda wanted to see MU be confronted by his/her future self when their memory is wiped.

Hong

The Strongest
I was pleasantly surprised to see the Lon'qu and Marth thing went exactly as I imagined.

In fact, when Basilio mentioned the thing about Lon'qu and women, I immediately knew Marth was not a man. They would have had to separate the two clues more than a few sentences for me to miss that.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I was pleasantly surprised to see the Lon'qu and Marth thing went exactly as I imagined.

In fact, when Basilio mentioned the thing about Lon'qu and women, I immediately knew Marth was not a man. They would have had to separate the two clues more than a few sentences for me to miss that.
I had been sufficiently spoiled enough to know about Marth being Lucina, so I didn't get a chance to actually realize it for myself.

I assumed Lucina beat Lon'qu more because he unconsciously knew Marth was a woman and was just off his game because of that. Not that he actually figured it out.

Also,
...Nowi breaths ice? I just thought it was blue sparkly fire. Am I an idiot?
...Is Henry X Panne canon then?

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036

Well I figured out before I got the game. You watch the trailer enough times you tend to notice things. Strangely, the whole "Marth beat Lon'qu because Marth is a woman" thing flew over my head.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
You think Robin will use those balls of energy he/she and Validar like to thow around? The one used in the first cutscene by Validar and in the final battle by Robin

Hong

The Strongest
I would be surprised if the basic Thunder tome or Thoron are not chosen for a projectile.

Hong

The Strongest

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
I had been sufficiently spoiled enough to know about Marth being Lucina, so I didn't get a chance to actually realize it for myself.

I assumed Lucina beat Lon'qu more because he unconsciously knew Marth was a woman and was just off his game because of that. Not that he actually figured it out.

Also,
...Nowi breaths ice? I just thought it was blue sparkly fire. Am I an idiot?
...Is Henry X Panne canon then?
No you're not I thought it was blue fire too. Also not sure according to the translated text about each comic it was expanding on the Henry and Panne supports. (Haven't actually seen those supports so I don't know.)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Love it.

I would be upset if she did not do just a little book-bopping.

Unrelated: A comic for today.

Good Guy Stahl; covers up Robin telling her that he does not want her to catch a cold, just so that Chrom isn't distracted.
Chrom didn't strike me as that type, but I suppose it could be after those lame supports where Fem Robin and Chrom see each other naked.

God, that support actually would have been funny if it was Male Robin and Chrom that kept walking on each other naked.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Some of the Avatar supports seem like they'd be pretty much the same whether male or female, with just some substitutions, but I guess it was too much to hope that the Chrom supports would be one of them.

Hong

The Strongest
I like that Robin supporters have been much more reasonable than other character supporters. I think we all have a fair understanding of her chances. Love her if she is there, but not going to upset me if she isn't.
God, that support actually would have been so hot if it was Male Robin and Chrom that kept walking on each other naked.
Fixed.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Chrom x MRobin would be so much hotter though. :p It just makes me wish more and more that I could have yaoi. Trap Robin doesn't work well for me, even if it's the best option I have. :(

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
For me, it didn't match Robin. :/

Until S support where Robin started to be Robin again, but then Chrom's dialogue was bothersome.
Chrom was a guy in love with a pretty intelligent/beautiful woman. That's why. I believe Robin sums it up in these words:

XD Well, kind of.

At any rate, I see what you're saying. Maybe its just me, but the first three supports sort of showed that Robin's just a normal girl underneath it all. Not that there's anything wrong with being unique though.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't like how Sully and Kjelle not caring about beauty is one of their defining traits, as if it makes them odd or different. Similarly, that is a large part of what I hate about Severa's supports.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I similarly don't like Libra being a girly guy being a defining trait. Some characters defining traits work well, some of them are just kind of silly. For instance I don't have any particular issue with Miriel, since her trait (despite being a consistent thing) is flexible. Stahl's doesn't either. Though I haven't gone through all the unique supports yet (I'm ignoring children with variable parent, since there are simply too many for it to really matter). I rather liked Libra x Cherche's, though I thought the S-rank was rather sudden (random example).

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I wish I could have made gay pairings. They could've adopted. Though, passing down traits might not work that way. Also, it was sort of important that Chrom's child could wield the Falchion. Oh, well.
Vaike is so clearly in love with Chrom, it's a shame I couldn't foster their romance.

I similarly don't like Libra being a girly guy being a defining trait. Some characters defining traits work well, some of them are just kind of silly. For instance I don't have any particular issue with Miriel, since her trait (despite being a consistent thing) is flexible. Stahl's doesn't either. Though I haven't gone through all the unique supports yet (I'm ignoring children with variable parent, since there are simply too many for it to really matter). I rather liked Libra x Cherche's, though I thought the S-rank was rather sudden (random example).
I didn't use Libra or Stahl, so I don't really know their supports. But the girly guy thing is at least funny.

I don't like how Sully and Kjelle not caring about beauty is one of their defining traits, as if it makes them odd or different. Similarly, that is a large part of what I hate about Severa's supports.
I don't remember that with Sully. Guess it wasn't brought up in her supports with Male Robin. She was my main squeeze.

I can't really expect every support to be gold, though, I suppose. I can just be happy with the fact that so many supports are available.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
As do I Aura. I settle it by pairing up the children with guys, and pretending FeMU is a trap, but it really doesn't work as well as I'd like. I'm not saying everyone had to have a same sex pairing, but at least a couple would be nice. Outside of Panne/Nowi's child it wouldn't really matter if they were adopted or not. And I like Stahl quite a bit. He's one of the first gen I really like, along with Libra.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Libra is not that god imo. Lissa is a far sturdier cleric, and has more bite to match. Maribelle, while having equal unsturdiness, has the rare Valkyriem which could help greatly with mobility.

Stahl is surprisingly good. On my second playthrough I tried him out, he is great. Good growths, good skills, a solid unit. Miriel i find is not too good of a mage, and never really use. She is too frail and weak at that point.

Now back to Robin, who is great.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Um...... What the heck happened when I wasn't looking? And no, I'm not going into to that topic because honestly it makes me uncomfortable. So I'm going to just move on.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I wish I could have made gay pairings. They could've adopted. Though, passing down traits might not work that way. Also, it was sort of important that Chrom's child could wield the Falchion. Oh, well.
I understand there not being any gay pairings in the first generation, since the inheritance system is kindof dependent on, well, genetic inheritance. Although at least a few gay pairings in the second gen would have made sense...
Vaike is so clearly in love with Chrom, it's a shame I couldn't foster their romance.
Half the freakin' army is in love with Chrom. Vaike, Sumia, Cordelia and Frederick are all pretty clearly Chromosexual.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Eh, there's a surplus of male characters, and outside of the Taguel/Manakete everything that's passed down could easily be taught (I suppose Chrom and Lissa apply here somewhat as well). They could have had some same sex pairings, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Libra seems decently good considering his joining time. Though I haven't ran into any problems with a character, even if some of them are a pain to use in the class I want them to use.

Top Bottom