• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
image.jpg
Morgan! Also I wonder if Morgan could be an AT

Hong

The Strongest
Alt costume: Casual Friday

For you fellow Eirika fans, look out for an Eirika moveset in a day or so. I'll post it in the general FE thread, though if there is enough support for the Sacred Twins, I'll see about abdicating the thread.
Done.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
image.jpg
And this is........... Hmmmmmm well I'm not quite sure.......

D

Deleted member

In brief, Robin is like the Rosalina and the Lucario of Fire Emblem :

Someone who isn't the game's "poster-boy/girl" but however has a VERY strong importance to their stories and an unsuspected gameplay potential.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Edit edited for reasons known yet unknown

Last edited:

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
image.jpg
So you guys think the stage will have anything going on (stage hazards, etc.) Or just be what it looks like it is now. (Horrible wording I know, I just hope someone understands what I mean)

Hong

The Strongest
You mean in terms of stage hazards and interactions?

I don't think there will be anything that can hurt you. Moving platforms is a possibility. I am eager to find out more. More than anything, I MUST know what music will be there, though we probably won't know until release.

A few are obvious picks, though, such as Duty.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
View attachment 7684 So you guys think the stage will have anything going on (stage hazards, etc.) Or just be what it looks like it is now. (Horrible wording I know, I just hope someone understands what I mean)

I don't think there will be anything that can hurt you. Moving platforms is a possibility. I am eager to find out more. More than anything, I MUST know what music will be there, though we probably won't know until release.

Didn't we see that the stage changes somehow? Statues?

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036

Duty or Duty (Ablaze)? Also if the stage doesn't have Id (Purpose) in it I shall rage. I'd also like to see "You May Call Me Marth" in there because I'm a sucker for piano music.

Hong

The Strongest
I'll check it out again sometime.
Duty or Duty (Ablaze)? Also if the stage doesn't have Id (Purpose) in it I shall rage. I'd also like to see "You May Call Me Marth" in there because I'm a sucker for piano music.
The combat version, of course.

I can 100% guarantee we will get that track, or a medley of all the battle themes from Awakening, They all have varying moments of intensity. and they can sort of combine them and omit the repetitive or quieter parts.

Purpose would be the most intelligent choice, as with "Don't speak her name!". "You May Call Me Marth" is a tough call, because it is shares the overall Awakening theme and they may find it too quiet for an arena with a pumped audience.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
I'll check it out again sometime.
The combat version, of course.

I can 100% guarantee we will get that track, or a medley of all the battle themes from Awakening, They all have varying moments of intensity. and they can sort of combine them and omit the repetitive or quieter parts.

Purpose would be the most intelligent choice, as with "Don't speak her name!". "You May Call Me Marth" is a tough call, because it is shares the overall Awakening theme and they may find it too quiet for an arena with a pumped audience.
True I realize it's not exactly battle music, I just really like it. And I forgot about "Don't speak her name!" Awakening has an amazing soundtrack. Makes me wish we could have all of it.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
In brief, Robin is like the Rosalina and the Lucario of Fire Emblem :

Someone who isn't the game's "poster-boy/girl" but however has a VERY strong importance to their stories and an unsuspected gameplay potential.
Now if Sakurai was here...

Perhaps he would have a rep for FE...

Morbi

Scavenger
Okay, many on Smashboards already know that I am a Chrom supporter. In my personal opinion, he is the most ideal candidate. As you may also be aware, I am a opposed to Robin if she is picked over Chrom simply because she has the ability to procure magical abilities (this is absurd as it offers very little in terms of diversity if she can utilize a sword and magic, it wouldn't be used to the fullest extent). Overall, Chrom is the more marketable character and he probably has more fans to support him. Chrom is the character I actually want in the game...

HOWEVER, I also prefer Robin. I want Robin more than I want Chrom. I do not make this blatantly obvious, as I actually prefer Chrom to Robin. I still think that I would openly support Robin if she was enabled to have magic exclusively. Not swordplay and magic, but a pure mage. I am not entirely sure if this has been discussed before, but I think she might be the proper candidate if she only used magic. That would conceive a sense of diversity in the Fire Emblem cast. Again, I do not want Robin over Chrom if she is just going to be Chrom with some magic.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I am not entirely sure if this has been discussed before, but I think she might be the proper candidate if she only used magic. That would conceive a sense of diversity in the Fire Emblem cast. Again, I do not want Robin over Chrom if she is just going to be Chrom with some magic.
I found myself using magic pretty much exclusively with Robin anyway.
Robin as both a mage and a swordsman is basically our idea of why Robin would be entirely unique as a newcomer (sort of like Rosalina). A Mage FE character could be any number of FE reps (Micaiah comes to mind as an acceptable choice). However, Robin could easily be unique as an SSB character using strictly magic, just other FE characters could fit said role. Nevertheless, if Robin is playable with both swords and magic they would likely be entirely separate movesets. So you wouldn't ever have to use the sword.

Hong

The Strongest
Okay, many on Smashboards already know that I am a Chrom supporter. In my personal opinion, he is the most ideal candidate. As you may also be aware, I am a opposed to Robin if she is picked over Chrom simply because she has the ability to procure magical abilities (this is absurd as it offers very little in terms of diversity if she can utilize a sword and magic, it wouldn't be used to the fullest extent). Overall, Chrom is the more marketable character and he probably has more fans to support him. Chrom is the character I actually want in the game...

HOWEVER, I also prefer Robin. I want Robin more than I want Chrom. I do not make this blatantly obvious, as I actually prefer Chrom to Robin. I still think that I would openly support Robin if she was enabled to have magic exclusively. Not swordplay and magic, but a pure mage. I am not entirely sure if this has been discussed before, but I think she might be the proper candidate if she only used magic. That would conceive a sense of diversity in the Fire Emblem cast. Again, I do not want Robin over Chrom if she is just going to be Chrom with some magic.
The difference being Robin has a sword, but does not live by the sword.

Chrom, along with many of the other Fire Emblem characters, do. You expect them to be an expert with the sword. If we had Robin doing highly skilled sword technique and leaning on it, that would be a bit odd.

Link all the same may be a swordsman, but that's not what defines him as a character. We could very well have Link without a sword and he could serve similar gameplay function.

Largely inconsequential. My moveset for Robin could drop the sword and do all the same, but I don't see it as necessary, because it does not define the character as much as her magic.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036

I honestly don't have anything against Chrom. Sure I want Robin more but I wouldn't mind Chrom. Heck, I want both of them even though I know it'll probably never happen. And yeah, you could drop the sword and have a Mage moveset, but in my opinion swords and magic is what makes Robin unique. Without it, you could just throw in any mage character. His/her ability to use both is why a lot of people want Robin in Smash, for the possibilities it brings

Morbi

Scavenger
I honestly don't have anything against Chrom. Sure I want Robin more but I wouldn't mind Chrom. Heck, I want both of them even though I know it'll probably never happen. And yeah, you could drop the sword and have a Mage moveset, but in my opinion swords and magic is what makes Robin unique. Without it, you could just throw in any mage character. His/her ability to use both is why a lot of people want Robin in Smash, for the possibilities it brings
I can see that being one of the main reasons she actually has some dedicated supporters, and I respect that. I just don't want her to be like Chrom with a neutral special projectile, I actually want Sakurai to implement the magic to the fullest extent. If he found a way to balance the two, I wouldn't be so discontent. However, I do agree with that sentiment, I wouldn't mind if both were included either, I don't think it has to be one or the other. I am a huge fan of Fire Emblem characters, so I will be ecstatic towards whatever choice Sakurai actually makes. I just think that Chrom is the most logical.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
I can see that being one of the main reasons she actually has some dedicated supporters, and I respect that. I just don't want her to be like Chrom with a neutral special projectile, I actually want Sakurai to implement the magic to the fullest extent. If he found a way to balance the two, I wouldn't be so discontent. However, I do agree with that sentiment, I wouldn't mind if both were included either, I don't think it has to be one or the other. I am a huge fan of Fire Emblem characters, so I will be ecstatic towards whatever choice Sakurai actually makes. I just think that Chrom is the most logical.
Maybe they could work the magic into the swordplay? They never went into the possibility in the games. (As in using the sword and tome at the same time as opposed to attacking with both separately) It could work if implemented correctly. (To be honest I want the main Awakening trio I'm Smash but that's unrealistic thinking)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Maybe they could work the magic into the swordplay? They never went into the possibility in the games. (As in using the sword and tome at the same time as opposed to attacking with both separately) It could work if implemented correctly. (To be honest I want the main Awakening trio I'm Smash but that's unrealistic thinking)
I think that's what Ignis is supposed to be.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
image.jpg
I looked that up for you and yeah, it seems like it does change. However, that also just might be them making changes during development.

Hong

The Strongest
Is my moveset satisfactory?

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
I think that's what Ignis is supposed to be.
Well Ignis is apparently Latin for "flame" or "firebrand". I always saw it as focusing energy into Strength or Magic but I honestly don't know how it works.

Hong

The Strongest
Curiously, I want to know how it transforms.

Background imagery suggest that the stage has rotated for the layout with the statues, but it's more than that. The pikes and fencing in the background is not there, either.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hmm.. how bout literally using tome books (as melee weapons) for normal attacks. The books would cause multi-hit damage every time pages are flipped. I think it would be pretty neat. Or just have mini balls of magic that damage the opponent for a little extra range.

Hong

The Strongest
I would be upset if she did not do just a little book-bopping.

Unrelated: A comic for today.

Good Guy Stahl; covers up Robin telling her that he does not want her to catch a cold, just so that Chrom isn't distracted.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Good Guy Stahl; covers up Robin telling her that he does not want her to catch a cold, just so that Chrom isn't distracted.
Oh my. I'm starting to like robin a bit more.

Hong

The Strongest
Ha ha. Heyyyy, you. Settle down.

In hindsight, I suppose that helped with getting Lyn and Palutena a decent following.

Hong

The Strongest
Also because they can kick ***. its not just because of their looks.
Lyn, certainly. Absolute BAMF material. New Emblemiers joined in at a good time when Blazing Sword was released, while veteran tacticians like myself were treated to two lords (Lyn and Hector) who certainly spruced things up. Lyn is certainly welcome in my Smash Bros.

Palutena has cred for different reasons. I just want her to appear SOMEWHERE because Sakurai's interpretation of the Kid Icarus cast is so charming. I have been reluctant to play Uprising for so long because I was having a hard time with the controls, but 12 chapters in and I am almost comfortable! That said, I certainly appreciate the character a lot more now. :)
Thanks for making me wet in my pajamas. :(
MoistPikmin11.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Lyn, certainly. Absolute BAMF material. New Emblemiers joined in at a good time when Blazing Sword was released, while veteran tacticians like myself were treated to two lords (Lyn and Hector) who certainly spruced things up. Lyn is certainly welcome in my Smash Bros.

Palutena has cred for different reasons. I just want her to appear SOMEWHERE because Sakurai's interpretation of the Kid Icarus cast is so charming. I have been reluctant to play Uprising for so long because I was having a hard time with the controls, but 12 chapters in and I am almost comfortable! That said, I certainly appreciate the character a lot more now. :)
MoistPikmin11.
Uprising is great. I don't think there's a single character I don't like in that game. Also nice comic..........you know now I want a FE comic/manga.........or an anime.....

Morbi

Scavenger
Thanks for making me wet in my pajamas. :(
Wait?! BluePikmin... you are a chick? :confused:

Now I know why you guys don't want Chrom over Robin. It is clear. :awesome:

Hong

The Strongest
Uprising is great. I don't think there's a single character I don't like in that game. Also nice comic..........you know now I want a FE comic/manga.........or an anime.....
Honestly, for its time, the Fire Emblem OVA was good. I am not sure if they can make something good again, but I would like to see them try.

The side comic for Awakening has nice writing. I am sure they could do a manga, but their best bet is to focus on side stories and not just a recreation of the games. They can make up lots of material without having to encroach on the base products.

Top Bottom