• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Whenever I played on Lunatic/+, Chapter 3 was kind of a breather to me. Of course, when I say a breather, I mean it's hard instead of excruciatingly difficult.
I don't remember how I got through 2 but I found 3 so much more stupidly hard so RIP
Course a lot of my time was reseting over and over so that the enemies wouldn't have skills that make it impossible.

...fun game...?

Maybe I got luckier rolls when I did 2.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Not the first time I've gone to another realm to save Hyrule from peril so that's nothing new for me.
You picked the right Link so I'll forgive you and end this here and not specify the exact realm you would've gone to and let you go on your way.

I wish you luck in living up to your title, hero of likes, because likes are great.

Also I was joking about not giving you any likes but you probably knew that.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
You picked the right Link so I'll forgive you and end this here and not specify the exact realm you would've gone to and let you go on your way.

I wish you luck in living up to your title, hero of likes, because likes are great.

Also I was joking about not giving you any likes but you probably knew that.
I am grateful for your forgiveness Prinsass and thank you, I shall do my best to live up to my title.
I know, I am the guy who does nothing but joke around on these forums for the most part xD I'm sure you already know but

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'd offer to play with people, but I don't know how bad the lag would be from here (past experience suggests "not good"), and I only have 3DS at the moment anyway

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I am grateful for your forgiveness Prinsass and thank you, I shall do my best to live up to my title.
I know, I am the guy who does nothing but joke around on these forums for the most part xD I'm sure you already know but
Aw that's sweet. You make my heart flutter. :estatic:

Makes sense though, you being the Hero and me being the Prinsass after all. Embarrass

This post also happens to be my 1998th post. Guess what game came out in 1998? :linkmelee::zeldamelee::ganondorfmelee::sheikmelee::younglinkmelee:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Aw that's sweet. You make my heart flutter. :estatic:

Makes sense though, you being the Hero and me being the Prinsass after all. Embarrass

This post also happens to be my 1998th post. Guess what game came out in 1998? :linkmelee::zeldamelee::ganondorfmelee::sheikmelee::younglinkmelee:
Ayyyyyyy xD Also

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games ~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ ! It's a shame that the connection was getting slightly poor 'round the end. Perhaps the next time we play, it'll be under less laggier circumstances. :3

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Good games ~Skelly~ ~Skelly~ ! It's a shame that the connection was getting slightly poor 'round the end. Perhaps the next time we play, it'll be under less laggier circumstances. :3
GG! Those were fun matches. I agree that the lag did a number on us though but I had fun nonetheless.

This gave me a bit of a confidence boost as well. I was able to hold my ground against one of Britain's noteworthy players. :)

We need to play again sometime.

Matsushi

True Blood
GG! Those were fun matches. I agree that the lag did a number on us though but I had fun nonetheless.

This gave me a bit of a confidence boost as well. I was able to hold my ground against one of Britain's noteworthy players. :)

We need to play again sometime.
Super glad to hear that! You did really well. :happysheep:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I don't remember how I got through 2 but I found 3 so much more stupidly hard so RIP
Course a lot of my time was reseting over and over so that the enemies wouldn't have skills that make it impossible.

...fun game...?

Maybe I got luckier rolls when I did 2.
Meh. I just based my Lunatic(+) Ch 2/3 runs off of the strats on Serenes, since they're generally reliable and actually account for Lunatic+ skills, which is awesome. (Some of the ones in Ch 3 require a reset, though...)

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW ANGRY THIS MAKES ME :mad:
Additionally, the comment section is complete and utter blasphemy. ZeRo has betrayed us all. I shall henceforth strive to deliver swift punishment towards these competitive savages!

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Additionally, the comment section is complete and utter blasphemy. ZeRo has betrayed us all. I shall henceforth strive to deliver swift punishment towards these competitive savages!
Meh, don't let the Youtube comments get to you.

While ZeRo is correct on some matters of Robin, he still doesn't have a full grasp on Robin and you shouldn't take everything he says to heart. Imo half of stuff ZeRo tends to just speak about whatever he wants and people will automatically back it just because "he wins tournies." Like ZeRo is good at the game and all and I respect him as a player, but he can say some really stupid stuff at times so like I said; Don't take his word too seriously because at the end of the day, ZeRo's not gonna even go close to playing Robin and that means he won't have as much knowledge about how they work.

Avokha

NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Meh, don't let the Youtube comments get to you.

While ZeRo is correct on some matters of Robin, he still doesn't have a full grasp on Robin and you shouldn't take everything he says to heart. Imo half of stuff ZeRo tends to just speak about whatever he wants and people will automatically back it just because "he wins tournies." Like ZeRo is good at the game and all and I respect him as a player, but he can say some really stupid stuff at times so like I said; Don't take his word too seriously because at the end of the day, ZeRo's not gonna even go close to playing Robin and that means he won't have as much knowledge about how they work.
Haha, I get that. I just feel it's a terrible shame that he seemingly always makes Robin look bad in front of his rather large fanbase (especially when he tests the matchup with someone who doesn't even main Robin (Xzax mains Fox/Mario)). Said fanbases's ignorance towards the character when it claims to know all characters is just sad, and it's definitely one reason why tacticians are as rare as they are currently. I just wish Robin was treated a lot more fairly by the community, and not as some pathetic bottom-tier sandbag (IMO no character is that, no matter what their viability is)

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Haha, I get that. I just feel it's a terrible shame that he seemingly always makes Robin look bad in front of his rather large fanbase (especially when he tests the matchup with someone who doesn't even main Robin (Xzax mains Fox/Mario)). Said fanbases's ignorance towards the character when it claims to know all characters is just sad, and it's definitely one reason why tacticians are as rare as they are currently. I just wish Robin was treated a lot more fairly by the community, and not as some pathetic bottom-tier sandbag (IMO no character is that, no matter what their viability is)
Yeah I can agree. I get the feel that not too many people actually know what Robin is capable and therefor they kinda sleep on them. While Robin isn't the greatest, they certainly aren't as bad as I've seen some people try to make them out to be like in the middle/bottom 20. Though it's things like this have just made me stop taking anything that ZeRo says seriously, let alone many of the top level players .

I think Robin just needs a little more good representation and then people might begin to think differently. Until then however, I guess we'll just keep doing what we Robins do and let the haters hate. If they want to think that Robin's not that good, I'd be happy to try to prove to them otherwise.

Last edited:

Avokha

NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Yeah I can agree. I get the feel that not too many people actually know what Robin is capable and therefor they kinda sleep on them. While Robin isn't the greatest, they certainly aren't as bad as I've seen some people try to make them out to be like in the middle/bottom 20. Though it's things like this have just made me stop taking anything that ZeRo says seriously, let alone many of the top level players .

I think Robin just needs a little more good representation and then people might begin to think differently. Until then however, I guess we'll just keep doing what we Robins do and let the haters hate. If they want to think that Robin's not that good, I'd be happy to try to prove to them otherwise.
As I said, PUNISH THE SAVAGES!!
Lol jk ;)

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Hey tacticians, I haven't been able to keep up with this thread recently. So what's been happening?

As for ZeRo's video I think while it's true that the cape can be very useful, a good Robin can mix-up their attacks well enough that it won't be such a big deal.

Nah

Smash Champion
A low opinion of Robin by a lot of people across all skill levels is nothing new really. It's just going to take a while to change that perception (since humanity takes forever to change) and like Delta said people will start to change their minds once Robin starts pulling in (major) results more consistently.

Though I find it slightly funny how Zero says at the beginning of the video that Doc beats Robin, but as he continues to talk it sounds more like the MU is even....which is what I think the MU is anyway.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

I'd love to see a romhack of FE6 that replaces Roy with Roy Koopa.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
When the only character you use is :4sheik: (and to an extent, :4diddy:and:4zss:), a top tier character, your opinions on the other characters leave a LOT to be desired. Just sayin'

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
They do realize that Raziek Raziek almost beat ZeRo at Big House right?
And R.I.P. Xsax's Robin (And Trela's Robin).

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Where are the other 2 games in Raz's set vs Zero anyway? Game 1 is easy enough to find but I can't find games 2 and 3.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
At least it's not Friday anymore! Time for the next day
STOP!

I'd love to see a romhack of FE6 that replaces Roy with Roy Koopa.
I swear that a long while ago, someone posted this exact same picture with a nearly identical joke.

Edit -

So I've learned an invaluable lesson today. Peach's Side-B beats out Captain Falcon's.

Peach's butt is stronger than Falcon's fist.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
My predictions about everyone in the RST becoming premium is slowly coming true. :D
Curiously, who are all the people that still need premium?
Where are the other 2 games in Raz's set vs Zero anyway? Game 1 is easy enough to find but I can't find games 2 and 3.
He only uploaded game 1 of the set.

Top Bottom