• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hokori

Great King of Evil
The Fire Emblem newcomer debate will go on until all of the characters are revealed in my opinion.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I kinda doubt it'll be a FE newcomer, since I figure the last one (or two) might be secret, but we won't know until monday.
From those characters that I expect to show up in the game I don't think any would warrant a single reveal video. So it might be a big surprise character like Snake in Brawl. But then again, it might be as Sakurai said - they are nearing the end of the newcomer videos and want to throw the fans a bone since the next big event is still a bit off (at least IIRC).

And I find the wording interesting again: He specificly said "newcomer videos we've made" not "newcomers", so I'm fairly certain now that there will be a few without a prerendered sequence to go with, and those will probably be secret characters.
Its possible. I would've thought the unlockables do have prerendered videos as well, so perhaps he just means the ones that are starters. There is one character in particular who would benefit from a reveal like this... namely, Ridley. No one else really screams getting a special hyped solo video in this way.

The Fire Emblem newcomer debate will go on until all of the characters are revealed in my opinion.
Yeah, this too.

Honestly, having just come off of finishing Blazing Sword again, I really do wish they promoted Lyn to playable. :p Oh well. At least I had very badass Nino and Florina in this playthrough. Sucks I had to end up cutting Dart from the final chapter, though, but I couldn't justify including him over Raven especially when Raven was six levels higher.

Either way I don't think this announcement will be FE related. If they announced Robin I'd be ecstatic, and if we got Chrom I'd be like "What? We got all hyped just for Chrom? Seriously?"

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Heh, wouldn't be surprising if it goes on until Nintendo clearly states that there a) won't be any DLC characters at all or b) no future DLC characters (after they already did some).

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is kind of interesting to see. Every forum i've visited who constantly post things DENIES the inclusion of there wanted character Monday. its crazy too see. although there is nothing to directly point to Robin, he stands a good chance of making it in Monday. S, just get hype.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah, this too.

Honestly, having just come off of finishing Blazing Sword again, I really do wish they promoted Lyn to playable. :p Oh well. At least I had very badass Nino and Florina in this playthrough. Sucks I had to end up cutting Dart from the final chapter, though, but I couldn't justify including him over Raven especially when Raven was six levels higher.

Either way I don't think this announcement will be FE related. If they announced Robin I'd be ecstatic, and if we got Chrom I'd be like "What? We got all hyped just for Chrom? Seriously?"
Gods, I want Lyn to be playable :(

A Robin announcement would have everyone here super excited (WE'D GET TO ACTUALLY MOVE INTO OUR OWN SUB-FORUM GUISE), but I know most others would be uninterested/borderline pissed off. I know the trailer for Robin would be beautiful, 3 minute worthy like Palutena's? Who knows. People are coming up with all sorts of reasons in an effort to try and seem who'd be most likely to show up on Monday, but honestly, knowing (not knowing) Sakurai, I'm throwing everything out the window and I'm just simply going to wait. But as stated previously, I'm not expecting an FE reveal, especially since Ike is the latest veteran. All I can really say about it.

EDIT - And apparently Shulk's creator RT'd the tweet of the character announcement. Fingers are starting to point less to an FE newcomer and more in Shulk's direction. But honestly, I'm sure no one here is honestly expecting Robin, so we can honestly move on to another subject (if we can find another one, lol).

Last edited:

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Gods, I want Lyn to be playable :(

A Robin announcement would have everyone here super excited (WE'D GET TO ACTUALLY MOVE INTO OUR OWN SUB-FORUM GUISE), but I know most others would be uninterested/borderline pissed off. I know the trailer for Robin would be beautiful, 3 minute worthy like Palutena's? Who knows. People are coming up with all sorts of reasons in an effort to try and seem who'd be most likely to show up on Monday, but honestly, knowing (not knowing) Sakurai, I'm throwing everything out the window and I'm just simply going to wait. But as stated previously, I'm not expecting an FE reveal, especially since Ike is the latest veteran. All I can really say about it.

EDIT - And apparently Shulk's creator RT'd the tweet of the character announcement. Fingers are starting to point less to an FE newcomer and more in Shulk's direction. But honestly, I'm sure no one here is honestly expecting Robin, so we can honestly move on to another subject (if we can find another one, lol).
Expecting Shulk the moment I saw Sakurai's post, seeing someone so close to the character tweeting that out just doubles my expectation of that but nothing is really set in stone until we see it.

Seriously though I expect Robin to be a secret character if they are in. Chrom would likely get a reveal if he is in due to being the supposed face of Awakening. Basically if we don't get a reveal before the game is about to come out I'm expecting either Robin or no FE newcomer (Highly doubt we are getting none). Would be a little surprised if Chrom is kept secret but since I will be getting the Wii U version nothing will be a secret by the time I get the game. :ohwell:

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
In regards to Robin and Chrom being starter or secret...

I think Chrom, if he's playable, will be a starter, while Robin, if he/she's playable, will be a secret character. And semi-clone Chrom, if he's playable, will be a secret character.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
I do really think the newcomer of monday will be a fire emblem rep. It's because a personal theory that I made that I like to call the Ike Theory.

Ike was announced but aside his images from the site, and two PotD (where one was basically of an item and not of him), Ike didn't had any apparence until now. Now even in another characters images, or newcomers video (you barely see him at the Palutena video).
Judging for that, or Sakurai forgot about him, or he don't want to show Ike yet (maybe some moves changed?).

A FE newcomer video would be a excellent place to show Ike fully, with the new rep and Marth. Think like the Greninja video that showed Chairzard and Lucario.

But then, again, that's just my opinion. But too I find hardly the idea of the video reveal being Robin. Robin is too much a secret character for me.
But sakurai may want to use secret characters, especially newcomers, to raise the hype for the game (even more if that's even possible).

Anyways, :colorful:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Also, however unlikely it may be, you can't rule out the possibility of two FE newcomers (not paired up). Not saying that I believe this, just expressing the fact that it's in no means impossible.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Also, however unlikely it may be, you can't rule out the possibility of two FE newcomers (not paired up). Not saying that I believe this, just expressing the fact that it's in no means impossible.
I would say that it's very unlikely and we shouldn't count on it. But one can't deny the existence of the possibility, however unlikely.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
well, i really was expecting shulk anyways. still there are only 3 options IMO.
If the sal leak is true:
It's Chrom (although unlikely, chrom seems more like direct material, not hype enough to get solo video like that)
It's Shulk (Great Hype material for both japan and west, would keep the hype levels high until next direct and 3ds launch date)

Or.

It's something not in the sal leak, such as Ridley, Krool, Robin, or something more unexpected.

I don't think i t will be Chorus men , since they are way better unlock material in the tradition of MR.G&W or ROB.

Sadly for me, i think Sal leak is entirely true, so Chrom is expected on the roster. while this doesn't outright discard say Ridley or Mewtwo, (since the info could have leaked from characters nintendo was willing to public show, which means why it wouldn't come out exactly like written, but never was implied that were all the newcomers, and Rosalina can testify that) i believe its bad for Robin.

Still, i believe that if Nintendo decides to do post launch DLC character (I think the only DLC explicit ruled out is day one DLC) Robin chances will go up a lot, and it will depend also of the amount of support and exposition he/she gets. So, yeah... this thread won't be ending anytime soon, thats a fact.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Not to ruin everyone's day, but the Sal leak can't be fully trusted. this isn't the time or place for it, but I could state my opinion if you all swear not to start a flame war.
well, don't expect a flamewar for me at least, they are totally timesinks of time i don't have , plus absolutely useless...

It's Just that predicting that Mii fighter will be called Mii fighter instead of just mii isn't exactly luck or educated guess. i think that the guy had some access to information, maybe he was part of the marketing team, and his access to the information wasn't a beta build or something more complete, but the videos reveals or stuff like that.

2 things about the videos reveal that i will take as facts is that first, they are complete waaay before they get revealed and second, doesn't need to be revealed all together or when they are available at the marketing team

maybe the guy watch all the reveal trailers that were available during the time he made the leak and predicted that all that characters were going to be shown (when it didn't) Rosalina video could haven't been still complete at that time.

Certainly there is a great chance that the Sal Leaker didn't have the whole of information, but fragments... more credible that having access to a developers build thats were all the characters are being worked on. is the fact that it makes perfect sense and some details that make me think that is certain that this guy had some form of insider information. at least thats the way i have constructed it in my mind.

Is just that i can't optimistically see 4 FE reps on release and neither 2 awekening reps. (Maybe if sakurai would have worked on that game it would be posible XD) so if Chroms is in the roster, Robin chances looks pretty Grim(a).

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
well, don't expect a flamewar for me at least, they are totally timesinks of time i don't have , plus absolutely useless...

It's Just that predicting that Mii fighter will be called Mii fighter instead of just mii isn't exactly luck or educated guess. i think that the guy had some access to information, maybe he was part of the marketing team, and his access to the information wasn't a beta build or something more complete, but the videos reveals or stuff like that.

2 things about the videos reveal that i will take as facts is that first, they are complete waaay before they get revealed and second, doesn't need to be revealed all together or when they are available at the marketing team

maybe the guy watch all the reveal trailers that were available during the time he made the leak and predicted that all that characters were going to be shown (when it didn't) Rosalina video could haven't been still complete at that time.

Certainly there is a great chance that the Sal Leaker didn't have the whole of information, but fragments... more credible that having access to a developers build thats were all the characters are being worked on. is the fact that it makes perfect sense and some details that make me think that is certain that this guy had some form of insider information. at least thats the way i have constructed it in my mind.

Is just that i can't optimistically see 4 FE reps on release and neither 2 awekening reps. (Maybe if sakurai would have worked on that game it would be posible XD) so if Chroms is in the roster, Robin chances looks pretty Grim(a).
Actually, it has nothing to do with him actually getting the info, I don't doubt at some point he did. The thing is, the time he got it. Judging off of the facts that he missed Ros. and called Greninja "A Pokémon from x and y" means he never saw the finalized roster. he only saw what they where considering at the time. There is no saying that things hadn't changed sense then.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
secretly hoping the character being announced is not in the leak at all and everyone stops thinking the leak being 100% true :018:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Hmmm, when I said here about my "Ike Theory", I mencioned that he did not appeared at all recently and just barely in Palutena's video.

Guess what, I just saw the video again, and no Ike is in there. My hype intensifies. :colorful:

Greninja didn't show up as well.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Monado Monday? Here's hoping for a FE Monday.
Um... Well, an FE Monday carries the risk of revealing Chrom and putting an end to our Robin support. I'd rather have a Monado Monday so we can live on just a little longer.

I'll be honest, I've grown somewhat attached to this thread and our little community. I'd hate to see it all end.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Um... Well, an FE Monday carries the risk of revealing Chrom and putting an end to our Robin support. I'd rather have a Monado Monday so we can live on just a little longer.

I'll be honest, I've grown somewhat attached to this thread and our little community. I'd hate to see it all end.
True story. It may sound silly, but I've actually grown quite fond of you all. From the fun we've managed to have here, the movesets, the theories, etc, it all goes to Robin bringing everyone here together.

You guys are all that and a bag of chips :)

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
secretly hoping the character being announced is not in the leak at all and everyone stops thinking the leak being 100% true :018:
We all know that won't happen unless it directly deconfirms one of them... "But Rosalina wasn't on it. Shulk, Chrom and Chorus men are absolutely in the game! Stop denying it!"

*shudders*

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
*Tears up* I'm gonna miss you guys if Robin isn't in. Bring it in everyone, group internet hug!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Well, not if we get Robin on Monday...

In all seriousness, this has been my favorite support thread next to the Professor Layton one. It's been fun.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
True story. It may sound silly, but I've actually grown quite fond of you all. From the fun we've managed to have here, the movesets, the theories, etc, it all goes to Robin bringing everyone here together.

There is no point in posting in threads or forums without the community, what makes ones like these more special is that they're small enough that you get to recognize the people a part of that community.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
*Tears up* I'm gonna miss you guys if Robin isn't in. Bring it in everyone, group internet hug!
No need for our convos to end, friend. Worst case scenario, we can start up a convo and invite all the regulars of this thread to have daily chats.

But really, a leak never stopped us before so a reveal trailer definitely wouldn't stop us now.

@ DarkChaosGames DarkChaosGames - Exactly. I see the same faces here daily. And I'm sure I've responded directly to everyone here at some point. So yeah, it's expected for our relationship here to be rather close-knit compared to other larger scale support groups.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

All good things must come to an end.

That's why the ridley threads won't ever end. :troll:

Ridley burn aside, I get the strange feeling that they don't need to take 3 minutes to introduce a character like Chrom or Robin.

If it's three minutes, they are probably trying to sell us on the idea. As much as I hate to say it, the biggest idea they need to sell to fans if the gematsu leak is real, would be Chorus men.

Then again, it could easily be a joint character reveal where an older character is revealed along with a new character....

Or....
Camera fades in to two figures fighting at a distance, with someone standing on the cliff in the sidelines.

Camera zooms in to Chrom fighting against marth, with chrom almost gaining the upper hand.

Ike steps in to block chrom's sword attack. and counterattacks, chrom blocks it.

Both start to fight Chrom, person overhead grits their teeth.

Chrom about to be overwhelmed.

Suddenly the fight is interrupted by a strike of lightning

Robed figure comes down and takes off the hood, it's Fem Robin.

Helps Chrom up and turn around to Marth and Ike

Robin and Chrom Join the battle!

Ice climbers never to be seen again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But bags of chips are unhealthy. :cry:

Unless you meant Quinoa Chips, which are okay.

Also, I came up with an appropriate "hashtag" for us Robin Supporters:

#MyUnitMonday

Although my #1 would honestly have to be
#MetroidMonday

Because Ridley.

Last edited by a moderator:

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
All good things must come to an end.

That's why the ridley threads won't ever end. :troll:

Ridley burn aside, I get the strange feeling that they don't need to take 3 minutes to introduce a character like Chrom or Robin.

If it's three minutes, they are probably trying to sell us on the idea. As much as I hate to say it, the biggest idea they need to sell to fans if the gematsu leak is real, would be Chorus men.
Actually, Palutena's was three minutes, since there was A) A lot of dialogue and B) 12 specials. So it'll be either a complex character (Robin) or one who talks a lot in his/her game. Like... Also Robin.

Or Shulk...

Hokori

Great King of Evil
But bags of chips are unhealthy. :cry:

Unless you meant Quinoa Chips, which are okay.

Also, I came up with an appropriate "hashtag" for us Robin Supporters:

#MyUnitMonday

Although my #1 would have to be
#MetroidMonday

Because Ridley.
As unhealthy as it may be, it's accurate. I love you all so much, to others it may seem as being unhealthy :)

#MyUnitMonday
#TipperTuesday (In reference to scale tipping of course)

And hm, if reveals were ever made on Saturday, something like #StrategySaturday/#StrategicSaturday...idk :p

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Actually, Palutena's was three minutes, since there was A) A lot of dialogue and B) 12 specials. So it'll be either a complex character (Robin) or one who talks a lot in his/her game. Like... Also Robin.

Or Shulk...
You don't sound very excited for Shulk, Mr. IhaveShulkinmyavatar.

Anyway, this doesn't really work, but how about Id~Monday?

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
You don't sound very excited for Shulk, Mr. IhaveShulkinmyavatar.

I am VERY excited for Shulk!!! I just minimized him 'cause this ain't the Shulk support thread, is it?

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
A FE reveal on Monday would make the most sense because Sakurai hasn't even attempted to be stealthy about Awakening content. Is there really a point in holding off on the reveal any longer given that Sakurai has done pretty much everything short of showing off an actual Awakening character in the game (whether playable, AT, or boss) to make an Awakening newcomer obvious to anyone who bothers to look?

Of course since Sakurai is Sakurai we'll probably get Chorus Kids this Monday. :grrr:

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
"There's a better place to lie than on the ground you know."

Sumia flies(?) in to battle!

(wish I could find a better image without that text... can't upload images can we?)

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
#TipperTuesday (In reference to scale tipping of course)

And hm, if reveals were ever made on Saturday, something like #StrategySaturday/#StrategicSaturday...idk :p
Why not #TacticianTuesday or #TacticianThursday?

Id (Monday). Perfect. XD

No need for our convos to end, friend. Worst case scenario, we can start up a convo and invite all the regulars of this thread to have daily chats.
I've been thinking the same thing, actually. After this is all said and done, we could set up a "Tacticians' Guild" in Skype.

Exactly. I see the same faces here daily. And I'm sure I've responded directly to everyone here at some point. So yeah, it's expected for our relationship here to be rather close-knit compared to other larger scale support groups.
And it's only fitting that everyone in the Robin thread has supports with each other, right? >_>

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I just randomly watched the Awakening cutscenes last night. When Grima appeared the only thing I could think was, "Pff, and people say Ridley is too big."

Top Bottom