• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
^~^ I like Clerics... so I would take that. Lots of cool staves with interesting effects, and they could make for a cute weapon.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
A dark, forgotten god will put Robin in the game for you.

But as a trade-off, Robin can only join the fight as anything BUT a Tactician, Grandmaster, Dark Knight, Dark Flier or Dread Fighter (basically classes that do the same thing).

What class would you have Robin join the fray as?
A Hero.

Even though I don't really care for axes I did have Robin as a hero in one of my playthroughs and it was glorious.

Female Robin and Cordelia.
HEROES OF THE SOUTH.

D

Deleted member

^~^ I like Clerics... so I would take that. Lots of cool staves with interesting effects, and they could make for a cute weapon.
I want to see Robin just wielding a stave like a bo staff.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Dark Mage/Sorcerer/Druid because Dark Magic is BEST.
Aversa's Night/Nosferatu to be the equivalent of Ivysaur in PM.
Mire to hit people from incredible distances (hard to control to reflect its low accuracy)
Goetia for massive damage (Smash attacks)
Ruin for a small sweetspot, Marth tipper-like effect
Waste just to have two attacks come out at once
Flux...meh, pummel damage, jabs, couple tilts and aerials maybe?

Just throwing stuff out.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I stand by what I said the last time this question made the rounds: Sage. Still a magic user, and the male sage outfit is pretty damn badass.

Well, priests and clerics can promote to sages...

D

Deleted member

Aversa's Night/Nosferatu to be the equivalent of Ivysaur in PM.
Mire to hit people from incredible distances (hard to control to reflect its low accuracy)
Goetia for massive damage (Smash attacks)
Ruin for a small sweetspot, Marth tipper-like effect
Waste just to have two attacks come out at once
Flux...meh, pummel damage, jabs, couple tilts and aerials maybe?

Just throwing stuff out.
And I'm still fairly mad that Luna got relegated to a skill. I really loved it's animation in the GBA games.

The Dark Magic Animations are some of the major components that made me love Dark Magic in FE and thus Dark Mages since they were the only class able to use attacks with such cool (imo) animations.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, priests and clerics can promote to sages...
Meh. It's a matter of simplicity.

Robin is a strong, independent, Cleric who don't need no tomes.
The Dark Magic Animations are some of the major components that made me love Dark Magic in FE and thus Dark Mages since they were the only class able to use attacks with such cool (imo) animations.
Here's hoping for that Tharja Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Meh. It's a matter of simplicity.

Robin is a strong, independent, Cleric who don't need to tomes.
Here's hoping for that Tharja Assist Trophy.
Tharja's Assist Trophy can have an interesting twist in that she'll attack recklessly with dark magic when she's summoned...but if Robin is fighting, she'll simply trail him until she vanishes.

Or maybe she can insta'KO anyone who touches Robin while she's out (includes running into Robin, footstooling Robin, tossing items in Robin's direction, taunting Robin...none of that is allowed in Tharja's presence).

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Tharja's Assist Trophy can have an interesting twist in that she'll attack recklessly with dark magic when she's summoned...but if Robin is fighting, she'll simply trail him until she vanishes.

Or maybe she can insta'KO anyone who touches Robin while she's out (includes running into Robin, footstooling Robin, tossing items in Robin's direction, taunting Robin...none of that is allowed in Tharja's presence).
What if she's summoned to fight against a player who's using Robin?

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

But as a trade-off, Robin can only join the fight as anything BUT a Tactician, Grandmaster, Dark Knight, Dark Flier or Dread Fighter (basically classes that do the same thing).

Anything but those classes?

Manakete. :troll:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

Myrmidon because they look badass.
Probably Sage or Sorceror though, for playstyle reasons.

What if she's summoned to fight against a player who's using Robin?
She'd probably cling to Robin so hard that they couldn't move anymore. :D

Hm, with all those trailer suggestions, I had an idea...

Marth and Ike fight. The camera pans over to show Chrom's back, watching them. They notice Chrom, nod to each other and start charging. Chrom takes Falchion out of the ground and strikes a combat ready pose:

CHROM can chan-

Suddenly cut, Ike and Marth both look aghast, Chrom looks down and can barely believe the Lightning sticking out his chest. He slumps over. Robin stands there, holding a tome in the left and electrical energy running through the right hand.

ROBIN tips the scales!

They battle for a bit, gameplay scenes are shown, back to the cinematic. Robin is backed into a cliff/corner. Ike and Marth move in, but suddenly, you can see a smirk under Robin's cowl. A blast of lightning from Robin's hand forces away one of them. The other one gets ready to strike, but suddenly, Chrom parries the strike, nodding to Robin with a smile!

CHROM can change anything!

The four fight for a bit, highlighting Robin and Chrom of course. Gamplay scenes for Chrom are shown.
Applause, world peace and end of hunger and sickness everywhere.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If I could Robin in as anything.... I'd go with Sniper. Just cause' we don't have a moveset that uses archery outside of specials.

@ Hong Hong Nice avi.

Hong

The Strongest
@ Pazzo. Pazzo. T-Thank you, MaskO'Sakurai-senpai...

Also, Sniper is a wonderful choice. I imagine a character who replaces half of their normals with firing arrows in different ways. Mega Man has only scratched the surface as far as a character who does that sort of thing is concerned.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Ah yes, a Sniper would have plenty of options. Different kinds of arrows, maybe a crossbow for one attack, several kinds of multishots, pulling a ballista out of thin air for a smash attack...
Yep, I can see that work.

The only thing I can think of when I see your new Avatar is this though: :D

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Ah yes, a Sniper would have plenty of options. Different kinds of arrows, maybe a crossbow for one attack, several kinds of multishots, pulling a ballista out of thin air for a smash attack...
Yep, I can see that work.
Yep! Up smash can fire an arrow up, dash attack can leap and fire arrows diagonally towards the ground, and so on. Could also pull out a Ballistae from older entries as a Final Smash.

The only thing I can think of when I see your new Avatar is this though:
Not sure what that is but... I get a hunch it's League of Legends?

Of course. Who ever she is, she is no match for Paula Polestar. In truth, the Mother series would be my favourite series in the world by miles...

... if not for the fact it is more or less ended. Thus, the hat goes off to Etrian Odyssey, followed by of course Fire Emblem.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Yep, it's from LoL. I didn't even realize your pic was supposed to be Paula from Earthbound.
Then again, I barely ever played that game. One of those titles I really have to force myself to play properly one of these days.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Any Robin avatar is just as good. :D Looking pretty sharp there, love.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Thanks, hun :3 Thought it was time to go back to something a bit brighter and up-beat.

Hong

The Strongest
You know, if there is one worse way to include Robin than male body type 3, it's any of the female builds as a bride. Eck.
Where do you guys get all these cool avatars :<
Open art portals like Danbooru, or artist community sites like Pixiv or DeviantArt.

I have a han keyboard and the ability to read text in many languages, so I have the advantage of being able to scour more of the Internet for what I need.
Ewwwwwwww pet names.
An aversion to romance? What is this, an elementary school playground? :b

You better stay away from me. You could get Hong cooties.

Hong

The Strongest
What? I don't get this... what?

I feel like I'm missing a meme or something. Or is this just blatant advertising?
@Reginleif made it a fashion to include a small image of Kermit the Frog sipping tea at the end of his posts. Eventually, this became a small gag in the Lucina and Robin's threads, and whenever you would make a smooth post, you would include it at the end of your message. Of course, it was becoming spam when users started to post nothing the image in their posts, especially when the image is needlessly large and disruptive. Given that I had already previously warned users against this, I expect no more of it.

A part of it is my fault, given that I am the most merciful and lenient moderator that frequents these character threads. That said, when I've given a verbal warning, the line is drawn. You know I do not like having to discipline users, but I am failing my duty if I do not. As such, I would prefer if people would stop making me feel bad about having to do it. :) Please get back on topic.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Where do you guys get all these cool avatars :<
A mix of knowing how to make Google image search do what you want and basic knowledge of picture editing.
Googling for "Rufure Fire Emblem" or "Robin Fire Emblem" is usually enough to find a few good ones. Takes some time, of course, but it can be worth it.
Just keep safe search on :D

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I started a new file in Awakening last night with default Robin, which admittedly feels kinda strange since he's his own character now and not some projection of myself or whatever.

Anyway, I've stopped at Arena Ferox (go figure) and I realized something. Chrom is really dense. When he first fights the Risen and meets Lucina "Marth" he doesn't even recognize that "he" is wielding Falchion until they fight each other in the arena. I know it was nighttime, but he was still looking straight at the sword and didn't notice.

Meanwhile Robin recovers from the good ol' severe amnesia cleche in record time to become the army's most brilliant tactician (granted not all memory is restored until later but still).

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Someone has to challenge Leif and Eirika for that dunce crown.
You mean this?

And I suppose Izuka and Excellus are the professors they're learning from?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Me too. As do I love Chrom.

I don't necessarily value intellect in a character, or people in general. It's all about character. :)
True.

By the way, is it just me, or does default Robin sometimes look like she has blond hair instead of white? It's not always, but it happens occasionally.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Also, I find it hilarious the Lucina sort of mocks her father when he discovers she's a woman.

*Chrom with doubfounded expression* "Wait, you're a woman?"

"And a quite the actress too. Honestly I'm surprised you didn't find out till just now." Translation: "I can't believe it took you this long to figure it out..."

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Anyway, I've stopped at Arena Ferox (go figure) and I realized something. Chrom is really dense.
Lucina said:
How can you be so blind to his incredible charms?! How dare you not be attracted to him! It's beyond insulting! If you don't start falling for him soon, my true anger will show its face!
Note: Lucina's opinions do not reflect Drakonis' opinions in any shape or form. He just loves quoting her crazier lines out of context. Not that they are any saner IN context.

By the way, is it just me, or does default Robin sometimes look like she has blond hair instead of white? It's not always, but it happens occasionally.
Maybe it's the lighting in some of the battle backgrounds? I've only ever played blonde Robin, so I couldn't tell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom