• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
For one thing, Id~Purpose was played way back in the Smash Direct. And yes, it is confirmed, Id~Purpose is one of the two songs in Arena Ferox.
To be more specific it played on the stage during a Treehouse section, don't remember which one though.

On a slightly different note I think you guys are putting a little too much fruit in the Id~Purpose basket. Yes it is technically Robin's song, but it plays when Chrom has his moment and puts Grima to sleep (if you choose that ending anyway), so it wouldn't be entirely out there if the song was just chosen because it's a great song (which it certainly is). Also just because a possible character's theme is in the game it doesn't necessarily give a point towards their inclusion in the roster (see Brawl Ridley).

I could be wrong and all that but I simply want to keep things in perspective here so we don't get too crazy with one little detail that might possibly mean nothing. Sakurai's comment on Ike's Aether is definitely something though.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Have to go with WingedSnagret here.
It may be a hint, but it may just as well have been chosen because it's the best song in the game.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Regarding the marth versus robin cutscene, why nt having marth fighting Robin/Grima and losing only to have Ike and GOOD Robin to appear and aid him? I still think that the best way to present robin would be male/female colors with different hairstyles and an alternate costume with hood as Grima's Vessel, maybe replace fire with purple fire when aplicable (everyone knows that purple fire is EVIL, and as far i know, it doesn't have a real gameplay implicance in smash).

And Tharja would be a good AT (Everyone loves tharja, even people who don't know what FE is). I think we need at least a pegasus rider or a caster instead of another Lord. Validar also works as villian rep and caster.

The_Best_Heropon

Smash Rookie
While all friends thought the id Purpose all in the direct and Ferox meant Chrob, I always assumed it meant Rob-Rob.
BTW do any of you believe the trophy theory, and also did anyone else who did think the Tiki trophy was implying Robin much more than Chrob?

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
To be more specific it played on the stage during a Treehouse section, don't remember which one though.

On a slightly different note I think you guys are putting a little too much fruit in the Id~Purpose basket. Yes it is technically Robin's song, but it plays when Chrom has his moment and puts Grima to sleep (if you choose that ending anyway), so it wouldn't be entirely out there if the song was just chosen because it's a great song (which it certainly is). Also just because a possible character's theme is in the game it doesn't necessarily give a point towards their inclusion in the roster (see Brawl Ridley).

I could be wrong and all that but I simply want to keep things in perspective here so we don't get too crazy with one little detail that might possibly mean nothing. Sakurai's comment on Ike's Aether is definitely something though.
To me both details are meaningless.

ThePlayer77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Defenceknight
3DS FC
0559-6785-8830
I honestly don't see how the inclusion of a song could possibly hint at a character. The song just happens to be good and iconic, that's why it's in the game.

No offence, but it seems like some of you are really picking at straws here.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Willing to bet other people have seen or posted this already, but I thought I'd post it just in case.

Imagine a trailer like this.

Gigantic Chrom destroying cities

when Chrom joins the battle Alfonzo takes his place etc

when the camera stops and focuses on a cardboard box.

Literally everyone: "Snake's back!!!!"

Then Robin jumps out of the box: "Show time!" and launches the Ridley nuke at Chrom, Chrom screeches and his flesh mask falls off revealing Ridley as well, they both show some moves (Typical trailer stuff) and after the logo fades you get an after-scene of Robin and Ridley playing chess. "Now that's strategy!" "RAWWARRGH"

I don't get enough sleep

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959

Then Robin jumps out of the box: "Show time!" and launches the Ridley nuke at Chrom, Chrom screeches and his flesh mask falls off revealing Ridley as well, they both show some moves (Typical trailer stuff) and after the logo fades you get an after-scene of Robin and Ridley playing chess. "Now that's strategy!" "RAWWARRGH"

I don't get enough sleep
... I flipping love this place. So much.

Hong

The Strongest
And Tharja would be a good AT (Everyone loves tharja, even people who don't know what FE is). I think we need at least a pegasus rider or a caster instead of another Lord. Validar also works as villian rep and caster.
Yeah. It's not just about the weapon class, for me. It's about thematically representing the Fire Emblem brand image properly. Diversity is not just about visual clarity in-game, but I just think the game's roster is better if it tries to have as much variety as possible. For example, while I'm not a fan of Rhythm Heaven, I would love a character from that game just because they have a strong sense of visual identity.

Chrom is literally a Marth, one in the line of the exact, who wears the insignia of Naga that Marth already has in Smash Bros, that is designed to be like Ike.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord

Ridley wasn't playable in Brawl but he was a boss so his boss theme being in was significant in a sense, the same going for Porky as well. Also Sakurai doesn't seem like a person who would just randomly make the final boss theme the default song to the stage just for kicks and would probably go for something more "regular" like Destiny or Duty.

It doesn't prove anything as we don't know what thought process goes through than enigma we call Sakurai's head, but I do see Id Purpose as a small point in Robin's favor.

Hong

The Strongest
Ridley wasn't playable in Brawl but he was a boss so his boss theme being in was significant in a sense, the same going for Porky as well. Also Sakurai doesn't seem like a person who would just randomly make the final boss theme the default song to the stage just for kicks and would probably go for something more "regular" like Destiny or Duty.

It doesn't prove anything as we don't know what thought process goes through than enigma we call Sakurai's head, but I do see Id Purpose as a small point in Robin's favor.
Well, Purpose is one of the songs most coveted by the developers (if someone is willing to dig that Interview up for me.) Just being their idea of the best song in the game is enough reason why it would be mentioned if they were to ask for materials for the game. As much as it's Robin's theme, it is also the Awakening theme, and the Fire Emblem theme briefly as well. I don't think they read too far into that.

ThePlayer77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Defenceknight
3DS FC
0559-6785-8830
As much as it's Robin's theme, it is also the Awakening theme, and the Fire Emblem theme briefly as well. I don't think they read too far into that.
Has the developers ever confirmed that the song is in fact Robin's theme? I know it plays on the chapter with Grimia, but that's not really proof that it's his theme.

Hong

The Strongest
Has the developers ever confirmed that the song is in fact Robin's theme? I know it plays on the chapter with Grimia, but that's not really proof that it's his theme.
To my knowledge, not specifically.

That said, all songs with [ i ] or [id] in the title are related to Robin, that is the Avatar ([id], [ i i]). Serenity, and many of the variations, are Robin's theme. Serenity can be heard during Robin's S supports, and a more sinister version of the song can be heard whenever she squares off with her duplicate. Much like with "You May Call Me Marth", it serves as a character theme without declaration.

ThePlayer77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Defenceknight
3DS FC
0559-6785-8830
To my knowledge, not specifically.

That said, all songs with [ i ] or [id] in the title are related to Robin, that is the Avatar ([id], [ i i]). Serenity, and many of the variations, are Robin's theme. Serenity can be heard during Robin's S supports, and a more sinister version of the song can be heard whenever she squares off with her duplicate. Much like with "You May Call Me Marth", it serves as a character theme without declaration.
Wow. I always wondered why some songs had Id at the front. Thanks for the info!

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman

I don't get enough sleep
Someone should do a short animated video of this. I would but...

I'm no animator...

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
If someone like-liked Robin, and also based their version of Robin on themselves, would they be a narcissist?

Either way, keep your shields away from them.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
If someone like-liked Robin, and also based their version of Robin on themselves, would they be a narcissist?

Either way, keep your shields away from them.
Well, there are all those RobinxRobin pics out there...

And do not fret, Hong my dear, I do like Robin! In more ways than one!

But nor THAT one, jeesh. I was talking about personality, story and gameplay.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
And fashion. Can't forget dat robe. Mm-mmm.~
How could I forget to mention that!
I also like the plate armor and plated robe of the Grandmaster.
Though the Tactician outfit is a lot more subtle.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What is that? lol
I hope you're joking... You're not one of those Zelda fans that has only played like Skyward Sword or something are you? You've got all these Legend of Zelda references in your sig and Avatar and don't know what a Like Like is? :p (Granted, its only Skyward Sword and Wii U.)

Top Bottom