• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
I just had 2 playtroughts in the game, so not many chances to make different pairing, but I tend to do the standards.

You know, Frederick x Lissa, Chrom x Sumia, Panne x Gaius, Virion x Olivia, etc...

But yeah I refuse to let Nowi marries Gregor if that is what the game wants me to do. If someone will marry a dragon little girl, let it be Robin(M). Also, manakete Morgan.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Explain to me how this is fanservice.
"We saw each other naked and we are both important to the plot, let's get married"
I just had 2 playtroughts in the game, so not many chances to make different pairing, but I tend to do the standards.

You know, Frederick x Lissa, Chrom x Sumia, Panne x Gaius, Virion x Olivia, etc...

But yeah I refuse to let Nowi marries Gregor if that is what the game wants me to do. If someone will marry a dragon little girl, let it be Robin(M). Also, manakete Morgan.
I thought it was Lon'quxOlivia.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

She's only little by physical standards though.

I shipped Gregor x Nowi in my first playthrough (I happened to ship a lot of the "storied" pairs that the game develops for the player, like Virion x Sully (attempted before Chrom hijacked her from Virion, which blindsided the hell out of me), so then I shipped Virion x Cherche, Lon' Qu x Olivia, etc. I shipped Gregor x Nowi partially because they were the "senior citizens" of the Shepherds, Gregor being somewhere in his 50s or 60s I think and Nowi being over 1000 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
"We saw each other naked and we are both important to the plot, let's get married"
It's not like they had shown anything.

There are plenty of romantic, in some cases vaguely sexual interactions in the support. Your idea of fanservice is too broad.

An example of general fanservice is how, of course, Awakening services Fire Emblem fans by including in lots of stuff from previous products.
If you want an example of sexual fan service, Tharja as well as a few female character designs are what you've got.

IronFish

Smash Ace
It's not like they had shown anything.

There are plenty of romantic, in some cases vaguely sexual interactions in the support. Your idea of fanservice is too broad.

An example of general fanservice is how, of course, Awakening services Fire Emblem fans by including in lots of stuff from previous products.
If you want an example of sexual fan service, Tharja as well as a few female character designs are what you've got.
"Hey you FE fangirl, yes you, ever wanted to have an anime version of yourself marry our biggest Lords, Marth or Ike? Well now you can marry a guy who's basically both! Complete with dorky sexual innuendo! You don't even need to wright a fanfiction!!"

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
"Hey you FE fangirl, yes you, ever wanted to have an anime version of yourself marry our biggest Lords, Marth or Ike? Well now you can marry a guy who's basically both! Complete with dorky sexual innuendo!"
:b Not as creepy as RobinxLucina IMO.

Dude.

Your best friend just made that.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I definitely don't mind them doing that sort of "fan service". I mean, there's waifu games about pigeons, might as well let me marry an awesome dude while giving me awesome strategy gameplay and a story to boot.

They should even remake the previous games in the series with avatar tacticians. I'd definitely love to have the chance to go for the likes of Rath, Raven, Joshua, Tibarn ... Lethe ... you get the point.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
:b Not as creepy as RobinxLucina IMO.

Dude.

Your best friend just made that.
If I met my best friend's time travelling future daughter, I would definitely marry her, if only to annoy the hell out of said friend.

It would be totally worth it just to see my friend's reaction.

Hong

The Strongest
They should even remake the previous games in the series with avatar tacticians. I'd definitely love to have the chance to go for the likes of Rath, Raven, Joshua, Tibarn ... Lethe ... you get the point.
Ah, yes. Xane and Lucien as well. I wanted to make a "best of both worlds" kind of joke, but that's probably going a bit too far.

Jokes aside, that's actually an awesome idea. Out of the characters they have added to existing remakes, there are two very important ones, that being Kris and Katarina. I would say for all the flack MU used to get, I think Kris was a great improvement on Mystery of the Emblem. She's not really a tactician per se, so much as Marth's guardian, but they could still have customizable units in every game

Now that I think about it, if we do get any more games remade, I guess it's a given at this rate. The My Unit system is a huge success, and like the weapon triangle, better character development and other refinements, it's just the kind of thing people will go on to expect with each instalment.

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
How are people not putting Lon'Qu with Cherche? It is just too perfect. :crying:
Lon'Qu could also explain Gerome's personality with him as a father to an extent.
(And Gerome looks like batman...)

He is also the best at peeling potatoes.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I am more surprised to see Gaius associate himself with any food vaguely along the lines of healthy. o.o

Edit - Then again, maybe they have candied chips or something. Mmmm~.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
How are people not putting Lon'Qu with Cherche? It is just too perfect. :crying:
I don't get it either, man. I'm not much of a shipper, but seeing someone with such deep seated psychological issues find someone who not only is okay with it, not only helps him come to terms with it, but also lets the process go as slowly as he's comfortable with...you hardly ever see that in fiction, you know? It gets oversimplified so often, as if emotional damage like Lon'qu's or mental illness can be "fixed" by getting yanked out of their comfort zone and into a whirlwind adventure...or meet the obligatory manic pixie dream girl who "teaches" them to stop being "uptight"...or worst, acting like all they need to do is "get sick of being sick" and will the problem away.

Yes, I have a history with this kind of thing. Long story. This isn't the time or place.

Last edited:

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
I don't get it either, man. I'm not much of a shipper, but seeing someone with such deep seated psychological issues find someone who not only is okay with it, not only helps him come to terms with it, but also lets the process go as slowly as he's comfortable with...you hardly ever see that in fiction, you know? It gets oversimplified so often, as if emotional damage like Lon'qu's or mental illness can be "fixed" by getting yanked out of their comfort zone and into a whirlwind adventure...or meet the obligatory manic pixie dream girl who "teaches" them to stop being "uptight"...or worst, acting like all they need to do is "get sick of being sick" and will the problem away.

Yes, I have a history with this kind of thing. Long story. This isn't the time or place.
You can't tell a paraplegic to walk, so why would you be able to tell someone with depression to just look on the bright side or forget about their worries?

It bothers me so much that too many people treat mental illness as a non-issue as if it was an easy fix.

Also in my experiences being "yanked" out of your comfort zone halts any progress that is being made and possibly made worse depending on the condition. You don't cure anxiety by making them more anxious and saying "deal with it." (in more polite words).

I know this isn't really about fire emblem and I apologize for going a bit off-topic here but there are just too many things that irk me.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Not Making a Lon'qu/Libra support was a huge mistake

D

Deleted member

Ha ha... agreed.

If we were to get another FE assist trophy, who would we want?
I would like to see maybe a different lord from Lyn like Ephraim (I just want to see his 3D model in HD at this point, I just want him in the game somehow for some SS representation and because he is my favorite male lord).

But, considering that multiple lord ATs could get stale, I would realistically like to see a Manakete/Laguz assist trophy.

With regards to Laguz I'm leaning more towards one of the kings/queen as opposed to one of the basic units since they are more recognizable in a sense. If not one of the fighting Laguz then maybe one of the Herons, realistically being Reyson since he was playable in both Tellius games and is more prominent than Leanne and Rafael.

I'd prefer a Manakete AT over a Dragon Tribe Laguz, tbh, and feel that something closer to the Awakening Manakete design would work better for the stages (smaller, but flying) since the GBA Manakete design was tbh, HUGE and may look weird on smaller stages because of its size and clipping through platforms, etc.

In terms of Manakete characters that I'd want to see in order of preference (and going off the playable characters that actually fought, so no Nils or Ninian here):

1. Nah
2. Myyrh
3. Tiki
4. Nowi
5. Fae

This list ^ is mostly based on my like of the characters' respective personalities/appearances, I never played Binding Blade, which is why Fae is at the bottom, but I like all of these characters at least a good amount. Nah of course being my favorite character of all time (from any game) and each of the other manaketes being up there in terms of my "favorites" from their games (excluding Fae, because as I said I haven't played Binding Blade, so I can't much such a judgment).

Realistically speaking I hope that Tiki turns out to be an AT since she is in a similar situation to Phosphora, who was revealed as a trophy and then confirmed as an AT as well. I also think Tiki has the best chance out of all the Manaketes (both from a relevancy standpoint (Awakening) and also being one of the FE "veterans" since she was in FE1 with Marth).

Last edited by a moderator:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Really though for an AT I'd have to say either Tiki 'cause dragon or Joshua 'cause he's a badass.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Idk about AT too much, but Tharja/ Vaike / Sumia sounds good. If robin is a PC I expect chrom as an AT (and vice versa).

Also, I usually pair myself (M) with Cordelia or Olivia. This time around (Fifth play through without victory, its getting ridiculous) I went with Olivia, and unknowingly paired C. with Vaike (namely because they where the last two left unpaired) and it surprisingly revealed a lot that I did not know about the two. Its my fav. pairing for vaike now (that and Severa is BADASS).

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Idk about AT too much, but Tharja/ Vaike / Sumia sounds good. If robin is a PC I expect chrom as an AT (and vice versa).

Also, I usually pair myself (M) with Cordelia or Olivia. This time around (Fifth play through without victory, its getting ridiculous) I went with Olivia, and unknowingly paired C. with Vaike (namely because they where the last two left unpaired) and it surprisingly revealed a lot that I did not know about the two. Its my fav. pairing for vaike now (that and Severa is BADASS).
Funny enough I was planning on going with Vaike/Cordelia on my next playthrough.

And honestly is there anyway Severa isn't a beast? Her and Inigo are always incredible no matter what I do.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959

My current playthrough I went VaikexCordelia, and it's definitely my favorite Vaike support as well.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
My current playthrough I went VaikexCordelia, and it's definitely my favorite Vaike support as well.
I do GaiusXCordelia because of a headcanon I have where he doesn't mind her "flatness" and he will steal things just to please Servera

I also do Lon'quXOlivia because they help each other get over their fears and stuff. That and Inigo is the complete opposite of his parents.

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Ha ha... agreed.

If we were to get another FE assist trophy, who would we want?
Kellam, to be sure. He could run around, turning invisible and suddenly reappear to stab at someone. When he's done, he'll put down his lance and say "stealthy!".

Now I really want this.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Gaius, Ricken or redheaded M Robin are the ones for Cordelia IMO because Severa looks wrong without red hair.

(She's got green in my current game, it's weird)

I rather enjoyed Nowi/Libra, it was cute.

I also like Vaike/Olivia if for no other reason than that Inigo then looks (And already acts) like Fandral from Thor

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I paired myself with Oliva because she's super cute
Love her hair, I got her up to max level very quickly

D

Deleted member

I paired myself with Oliva because she's super cute
Love her hair, I got her up to max level very quickly
Swordmaster Olivia is a killing machine (although I changed her back to dancer because giving units the ability to move twice (and galeforce units the ability to attack 3 times) is amazing). I don't remember how, maybe I gave her boots or something but when I had Olivia as a swordmaster she could move 8 spaces on her own for whatever reason (7 as a dancer).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
A Manakete AT would be really cool. There are lots to choose from, and It wouldn't be a blue haired lord. :troll:

Top Bottom