• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
So after some AHEM remarks on my avatar, I looked through some of the other stuff from the same artist and I found this.

Ruined forever.

Yeah. ^~^ In this sense, it makes Awakening the perfect point of entry. It has Fire Emblem history ALL over it.

Tiki
Risen, possible reference to FE2/FE8
The 12 Dreadlords of the Jugdral saga
The Taguel being a clear variant of the Laguz
Lots of dialogue references
And of course the fact it's a sequel to Mystery of the Emblem

None of this counts DLC, which uses many of the old maps, music, and of course characters.

Tiki is something special. Her popularity far exceeded her games for the Japanese fan-base. It's no surprise that the developer would bring her back for Awakening, since I don't doubt they love her as well. I am so happy that she has a trophy, and I hope she is an Assist Trophy as well.
...I take back what I thought about that picture earlier.

I was really hoping that Tiki made it in as an AT, but the Direct made it look as though she wasn't. Hopefully, that might be the case considering that Phosphora was initially believed to be a mere trophy.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
So after some AHEM remarks on my avatar, I looked through some of the other stuff from the same artist and I found this.

Ruined forever.

Yeah. ^~^ In this sense, it makes Awakening the perfect point of entry. It has Fire Emblem history ALL over it.

Tiki
Risen, possible reference to FE2/FE8
The 12 Dreadlords of the Jugdral saga
The Taguel being a clear variant of the Laguz
Lots of dialogue references
And of course the fact it's a sequel to Mystery of the Emblem

None of this counts DLC, which uses many of the old maps, music, and of course characters.

Tiki is something special. Her popularity far exceeded her games for the Japanese fan-base. It's no surprise that the developer would bring her back for Awakening, since I don't doubt they love her as well. I am so happy that she has a trophy, and I hope she is an Assist Trophy as well.
Her being an Assist Trophy would be beyond fantastic. I Immediately visualize 2-3 FE reps fighting it out in the Coliseum, with one getting her assist trophy, while one of many amazing FE themes plays in the background. :love:

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

Ruined forever.
...Well, considering this is the same series that has Eirika/Ephraim and FE4...

Hong

The Strongest
I was really hoping that Tiki made it in as an AT, but the Direct made it look as though she wasn't. Hopefully, that might be the case considering that Phosphora was initially believed to be a mere trophy.
I don't think Assist Trophies are announcements, so in that sense, I pay no credence to them being shown as trophies.

She's toast as far as being a playable character, though. .・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.
Her being an Assist Trophy would be beyond fantastic. I Immediately visualize 2-3 FE reps fighting it out in the Coliseum, with one getting her assist trophy, while one of many amazing FE themes plays in the background. :love:
And then they can have Fire Emblem mode, where everyone dies permanentlylevels up in combat.
...Well, considering this is the same series that has Eirika/Ephraim and FE4...
Ha ha. I still think Eirika an Ephraim are alright. Don't judge them!

FE4 was fun, though.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
I don't think Assist Trophies are announcements, so in that sense, I pay no credence to them being shown as trophies.
Well, Phosphora was originally announced as being just a trophy, but has since appeared in that screenshot with Palutena in what appeared to be a match.. soooooo -shrugs- There definitely could be something there.

Anyway, I just had a thought. Has there ever been a popularity poll or anything of the like in regards to the most liked Robin, appearance wise? I know there are a quite a few combinations to chose from, but as far as the main faces, builds, and hairstyles, I wonder which are chosen the most/most favored..

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I swear, looking at these pictures of Robin makes me wonder how the hell did someone like Validar father such good-looking children. -_-;

I understand that it's trope at work, but I'm curious to know what Robin's mother must have looked like. Coincidentally enough, Robin him/herself is on that page.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheUglyGuysHotDaughter

Hong

The Strongest
Today's update reinforces the idea of what we suspected all along; Palutena is a zoner.

There is course many variations of a zoning character, though I don't think Robin will be using space-hogging active attacks to do so. It's going to be traps, projectiles, or she is going to be a character not based on ranged combat at all.
Well, Phosphora was originally announced as being just a trophy, but has since appeared in that screenshot with Palutena in what appeared to be a match.. soooooo -shrugs- There definitely could be something there.
That's just it. I don't think them announcing a character as a trophy means they can't be an Assist Trophy, since all Assist Trophies are trophies, anyway. It's still anyone's guess if a trophy is an Assist Trophy, and no matter what they are not a playable character, so that aside speculation is all the same.
Anyway, I just had a thought. Has there ever been a popularity poll or anything of the like in regards to the most liked Robin, appearance wise? I know there are a quite a few combinations to chose from, but as far as the main faces, builds, and hairstyles, I wonder which are chosen the most/most favored..
Nothing official I can think of.
I swear, looking at these pictures of Robin makes me wonder how the hell did someone like Validar father such good-looking children. -_-;

I understand that it's trope at work, but I'm curious to know what Robin's mother must have looked like. Coincidentally enough, Robin him/herself is on that page.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheUglyGuysHotDaughter
My father is ugly as **** but I'm absolutely gorgeous.

My ma was average in high school, though.

Last edited:

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
Hm, I never saw him as moody so much as "spacey" and bluntly pessimistic about the situation at hand.

I always interpreted his coldness as not wanting to form bonds because of his devotion to the idea of "destiny" and because of his blind acceptance that his parents and everyone around him would die as they did before he time-traveled to the past.
I always thought Gerome as being distant because he fears the loss and pain that resulted from his parent's death being repeated. Him being "moody" is simply being adamant about remaining distant despite others wanting to open up to him; namely his parents.

His belief in a pre-determined destiny leading him to believe that going back in time with the others would still result in the same fate and he would rather tough it out alone than feel an immense pain from reconnecting to those he loved and cared about.

Heck, he still calls Minerva Minervykins but unlike the others it is the same Minerva from his original timeline which he probably has to help him cope.

Also can't believe how fast this thread moves at times, really hard to keep up.

Last edited:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Oh, look, the thread exploded again while I slept.

((To Hokori))
Does my love mean nothing to you!?
Does mine mean nothing to YOU?

I'm starting to get the feeling that this is less of a triangle and more of a chain. A train of unanswered love. All aboard the unrequited love train!
Unrequited love for everybody! :kirby: ... oh wait, that's a bad thing!

Second only to Robin, of course, Chrom's design is my favorite in Awakening. I love the regal and almost knightly look they gave him.
I dunno, I like Lon'qu's/the myrmidon design way too much in this game to place Chrom second. There's just a lot of cool things going on.
Chrom is definitely in the top 5 though.
If everyone is Robin, then doesn't that mean we already have over 30 variants of Robin in the game?

Why are we here?
Street Pass. :denzel:

Not gonna lie. If I actually had money, I would've already bought the coat. >_>

Although I'd probably make a better Laurent than Robin, with the eyewear I'm stuck with...
Contacts 4tw :D
Not that glasses can't be cool though.

And yeah, that coat is boss.

Random Robin related question time!

what are your top 5 wives/husbands for your Robins?
The choices for female Robin are only based on what I've seen for the character otherwise since I haven't seen their support convos.

1) Tiki
2) Say'ri
3) Chrom
4) Gregor
5) Panne

The latter mainly because I just had the image of Morgan with those floppy bunny ears in my head. CUTENESS OVERLOAD! :happysheep:

Hong

The Strongest
So, Tacticians. What will it be?

Circle pad, dpad, or both?

Personally, I use circle pad to control my units on the field, but the dpad for menus (items, units, etc).
Does mine mean nothing to YOU?

I'm starting to get the feeling that this is less of a triangle and more of a chain. A train of unanswered love. All aboard the unrequited love train!
Unrequited love for everybody! :kirby: ... oh wait, that's a bad thing!
With you I'm just playing hard-to-get. :)

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

Personally, I use circle pad to control my units on the field, but the dpad for menus (items, units, etc).
Yeah, I switch it up, too. Pretty much like you do.

With you I'm just playing hard-to-get.:)
Challenge accepted!

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

I use the Dpad for everything really. It reminds me of the days when I was playing my first Fire Emblem game

good times, gooood times :grin:

D

Deleted member

So I go to sleep and this thread suddenly turns from the Robin Support Thread into the Desperate for Love Thread.
Ew.

:|

Random Robin related question time!

what are your top 5 wives/husbands for your Robins?

Mine

1) Panne
2) Flavia
3) Say'ri
4) Sully
5) Nah
1) Nah (Obvious)
2. Cherche
3. Cordelia
4. Tiki
5. Olivia

Also:
Yeah, I switch it up, too. Pretty much like you do.

Challenge accepted!
Fixed.
Virion is the real "king" of chasing women ^

And:
Also can't believe how fast this thread moves at times, really hard to keep up.

Oh, look, the thread exploded again while I slept.
I'll just leave this here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...000-pages-from-the-mod-squad.324284/page-1074
You haven't seen fast until you've been in this thread^ when it gets going.

Also @ Hong Hong the first thing I thought of when I saw your new avatar was Tactician Incest. :ohwell:

That's not a very nice mental image to have in my head. :c

And just like that I've ruined that avatar for everyone here! :awesome:

Finally:

#CirclePadMasterRace

And I don't even use Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well, I found some cute fanart of Robin and Morgan celebrating the latter's birthday. Here, they kind of look like brother and sister.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Nevermind I guess.:054:
At the very least, could you give us the link to where you got that picture from? Pretty please?

(I liked that the artist's illustrations closely resembled the official artwork.)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Im a giant Narwal....
You really do live up to being the "official derailer of all Robin related threads".

And aw, Hong already changed back avatars...fine with me, since I like it more :p

"And when everyone's Robin, *laughs evilly* no one will be."
But I'm Robin, you're Robin, we're all Robin. (Reminds me of the Spongebob episode when everyone was Squidward) :awesome:

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I just read all the Awakening comics... *snickers*

Cordelia's was probably my favorite considering how ridiculous she is about her, um, "assets." In fact she was my wife for the first couple playthroughs (and she's already beautiful as is, just wish I could tell her that).

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Oh geez, looks like I left too early yesterday. Ah well. Hello people, I'm back for the discussing of Robin.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I just read all the Awakening comics... *snickers*

Cordelia's was probably my favorite considering how ridiculous she is about her, um, "assets." In fact she was my wife for the first couple playthroughs (and she's already beautiful as is, just wish I could tell her that).
Ah, I never married Robin with Coredlia, but she's easily one of my favorite units, beauty aside. Her work ethic and personality <3 One of my best ones too. I should go for that pairing. Severa would be even better than she already is omg.

Apparently, Robin is Snorlax.
Thanks for making me laugh out loud at work. I can't explain this to anyone because no one would understand ;__;

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
I can't explain this to anyone because no one would understand ;__;
This. Every day of my life off these forums ;_;

I do this exactly! Though, sometimes I'll forget to transfer over to the Dpad for my options menu, and I'll immediately regret it as I try to fix the ten settings I Didn't mean to change.

Hokori

Great King of Evil

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Ah, I never married Robin with Coredlia, but she's easily one of my favorite units, beauty aside. Her work ethic and personality <3 One of my best ones too. I should go for that pairing. Severa would be even better than she already is omg.
I always pair up Robin with either Kellam or Gaius. Except for my one male file, in which I paired with Say-ri. Don't ask why Say-ri. I have no idea.

Thanks for making me laugh out loud at work. I can't explain this to anyone because no one would understand ;__;
You have successfully described my life outside of Smashboards.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I find it impossible to forget about Say'ri because of how very sad it makes me that she is given so little development. What little she does have makes me Love her character though.
Actually that is kind of the problem with all of FE's characters. I'm amazed how much personality Awakening actually managed to cram into each of them.
Thinking about it, Say'ri actually got kind of lucky. She has two battles dedicated to her story, 3 when counting the Yen'fay Spotpass. Too bad they apparently ran out of time and decided to give all late joiners only Robin supports >.<

I'm currently replaying Radiant Dawn with the intent of finally beating it. Boy do the characters have NO developlment compared to Awakening. Even the support conversations are basicly what Awakening uses as the support boost bonus tile conversations. You can really tell they where even more pressed for time when developing Radiant Dawn.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I find it impossible to forget about Say'ri because of how very sad it makes me that she is given so little development. What little she does have makes me Love her character though.
I agree. Shame some people in the Lucina thread don't feel that way...I should have my Robin marry her in one of my next playthroughs.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Actually that is kind of the problem with all of FE's characters. I'm amazed how much personality Awakening actually managed to cram into each of them.
Thinking about it, Say'ri actually got kind of lucky. She has two battles dedicated to her story, 3 when counting the Yen'fay Spotpass. Too bad they apparently ran out of time and decided to give all late joiners only Robin supports >.<
Sometimes i wonder if the story would have been better starring Say'ri and robin. Starting from Mallkart's Conquerence of Valm.

Hong

The Strongest
At the very least, could you give us the link to where you got that picture from? Pretty please?
Since it appears their tumblr has some inappropriate content, I won't link it directly.

That said, you can find them at "radical---dreamer".

Top Bottom