• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
*I'm back... yay..(?)*

Anyway, Chrom is really Ike, and not Marth's, descendant. :troll:
There's a pretty good chance he's descended from both, from a simple genetics standpoint. I mean, over 2000 years, you have a ton of descendants. Hundreds of thousands, easily. The odds of Marth and Ike's bloodlines not intertwining sometime in the intervening years is pretty small.

Which brings me to another point. A gripe not just about Awakening, but about video games in general. Why is it such a big deal that Chrom is descended from Marth? I mean, sure he is and all, but so is probably half of his army. The majority of the world can trace their ancestry back to some king or another.

Video game designers don't understand genealogy, ancestry, or genetics.

Hong

The Strongest
Second only to Robin, of course, Chrom's design is my favorite in Awakening. I love the regal and almost knightly look they gave him.
Hm. While both are great, I'll give Lucina the edge over Chrom... Maybe it's the Marth cosplay, I don't know. They both look simply fabulous when they promote to Great Lord.
Probably both, but more so subconsciously thinking about Ike imo. How Chrom commands, how naive he can be (unless I'm the only one that got the impression of him being naive somehow...)...Ike Ike Ike Ike Ike
Well, both Ike and Chrom were naive. Not to the degree of Leif, but still young and unknowing. Both also had a stern tactician at their side, and a loving guardian who has been there to watch them grow.

There are two notable differences.
1) Ike had two games to grow.
2) Ike had a better example, being Greil.

When Greil tells Ike what he has done wrong, there is no argument. He accepts his mistakes and wants to learn from them. By the end of Path of Radiance alone, Ike has learned a lot, and fast, and it's kept realistic. By Radiant Dawn, Ike is already well hardened by the world around him... perhaps growing up too fast.
Honestly, I love the guy, but...some things just can't change y'know?
Anything can change.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's a pretty good chance he's descended from both, from a simple genetics standpoint. I mean, over 2000 years, you have a ton of descendants. Hundreds of thousands, easily. The odds of Marth and Ike's bloodlines not intertwining sometime in the intervening years is pretty small.

Which brings me to another point. A gripe not just about Awakening, but about video games in general. Why is it such a big deal that Chrom is descended from Marth? I mean, sure he is and all, but so is probably half of his army. The majority of the world can trace their ancestry back to some king or another.

Video game designers don't understand genealogy, ancestry, or genetics.
Probably because Chrom's line remained at the head of the royal family? That's my guess.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I really wish IS had given us a glimpse of what happened in Chrom and Emm's past in the game. I've always wondered what their father was like, what caused him to mercilessly attack Plegia. That kind of stuff.

But I digress. Grima demands a sacrifice. :evil:

D

Deleted member

I still don't understand why Emmeryn can't have support conversations with Chrom and Lissa after she is recruited, considering they are her siblings and the way Chrom and Lissa react during that scene.

Hong

The Strongest
I really wish IS had given us a glimpse of what happened in Chrom and Emm's past in the game. I've always wondered what their father was like, what caused him to mercilessly attack Plegia. That kind of stuff.
I agree. Everyone would have loved more story from Awakening.

The comics alone leaves me hungry for more. The overall concept from start to finish is good, and I feel attention was spent in the wrong areas. I know a lot of people knock on time travel as being a lame plot device, but it doesn't always have to be bad. Akira Toriyama has done great things with it in Chrono Trigger and Dragon Ball, for example.

That said, starting the game off by killing the man who will be the first thing you see immediately after was really trippy. O.O I loved it.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
And the thread's moving fast again. o_O

Some of his early concept art has him with a red cape, and a more Ike like costume... they really had Ike on the mind when they made this guy, didn't they?
I forgot about his red caped concept art. Yeah, it makes it even more obvious he was meant to be a fusion of Marth and Ike. Something Sakurai would have to be aware of...

Is it bad that I don't know what an order is...? (At least in the context to which you are referring).
Probably the Order of Smashboards Mods. >_>

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
You know, that's kind of funny.

Let's go back in time. It's 2012 and Mr. Sakurai is gathering character concepts.

Gets to the Pokemon envelope, pulls out a document.
"Uh... Alright. A ninja. I've worked with them before. I can do this."

Gets to the Fire Emblem envelope, pulls out the document.
"... ****."

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Let's go back in time. It's 2012 and Mr. Sakurai is gathering character concepts.

"... ****."
And then he pulls out the concept art for Robin.

...Which I would post here if I could at the moment.

Hong

The Strongest

"... ****."
Alternative ending:
"... Don't we already have that guy?"
And then he pulls out the concept art for Robin.

...Which I would post here if I could at the moment.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Chrom may be quite appealing to the eyes (:love:), but in terms of uniqueness, Robin wins hands down. Every time I look at her concept art, I think of one word only: Bad***.

Also, I really wish I had that coat. Who knows what I could put in those pockets?

Morbi

Scavenger
Chrom may be quite appealing to the eyes (:love:), but in terms of uniqueness, Robin wins hands down. Every time I look at her concept art, I think of one word only: Bad***.

Also, I really wish I had that coat. Who knows what I could put in those pockets?
I suppose that Robin has the most observable "uniqueness;" however, I also find that Chrom could be just as, if not more unique myself. I also desire her coat. I feel devoid of all happiness without it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I don't think it's been talked about much, but I actually really like Robin's design. That cloak...

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
You guys do know that you can buy that cloak, right? (assuming you have exorbitant amounts of money to spend on cosplay purchases.)

I personally hope to acquire one eventually once Smash is done destroying my disposable income.

Hong

The Strongest
You guys do know that you can buy that cloak, right? (assuming you have exorbitant amounts of money to spend on cosplay purchases.)

I personally hope to acquire one eventually once Smash is done destroying my disposable income.
Oh, I've thought about it.

The fun part about Robin is s/he does not have any defined gender and so many appearances. With so much open to intepretation, yet having very defined attire, s/he is a cosplayer's dream.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

The fun part about Robin is s/he does not have any defined gender and so many appearances. With so much open to intepretation, yet having very defined attire, s/he is a cosplayers dream.
Are you insinuating that anyone can be Robin, are you implying that we are all Robin? How inspirational.

Hong

The Strongest
Are you insinuating that anyone can be Robin, are you implying that we are all Robin? How inspirational.
If everyone is Robin, then doesn't that mean we already have over 30 variants of Robin in the game?

Why are we here?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Wow...I literally spent 2-3 minutes watching the Sakurai gif that was posted. Too funny. Too righteous. Too fitting. Too Sakurai.

I really would like the cloak though...and an authentic sword. Not even just for cosplay purposes, more so because I just think it's ******* awesome.

If everyone is Robin, then doesn't that mean we already have over 30 variants of Robin in the game?

Why are we here?
I'm here because I fight for my threads.

And zoooomg, Honggggggg...your new avatar is so <333 << Translate the hearts anyway you'd like to.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Robin is love, Robin is life

I agree. Everyone would have loved more story from Awakening.

The comics alone leaves me hungry for more. The overall concept from start to finish is good, and I feel attention was spent in the wrong areas. I know a lot of people knock on time travel as being a lame plot device, but it doesn't always have to be bad. Akira Toriyama has done great things with it in Chrono Trigger and Dragon Ball, for example.

That said, starting the game off by killing the man who will be the first thing you see immediately after was really trippy. O.O I loved it.

....There are comics?

Last edited by a moderator:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

The fun part about Robin is s/he does not have any defined gender and so many appearances. With so much open to intepretation, yet having very defined attire, s/he is a cosplayer's dream.
Not gonna lie. If I actually had money, I would've already bought the coat. >_>

Although I'd probably make a better Laurent than Robin, with the eyewear I'm stuck with...

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Random Robin related question time!

what are your top 5 wives/husbands for your Robins?

Mine

1) Panne
2) Flavia
3) Say'ri
4) Sully
5) Nah

Hong

The Strongest
If everyone is Robin, then who is Batman?
And zoooomg, Honggggggg...your new avatar is so <333
Thanks! ^~^ I'm going to stick to Robin avatars from now until release. Here's the full thing.
<< Translate the hearts anyway you'd like to.
Oh Hokori I

....There are comics?
Yes! Official comic, no less. You can find it fully translated here.

Also, please don't double post. Please edit your post instead. Thanks. ^~^

Mine

1) Panne
2) Flavia
3) Say'ri
4) Sully
5) Nah
Um, well, I have never gotten a Robin♂ far enough to marry a woman, but that aside:

1) Chrom
2) Gaius
3) Libra
4) Frederick
5) Virion
6) Robin. Deal with it.

Edit - Oh gosh. I never included any women. I guess Maribelle.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Some of his early concept art has him with a red cape, and a more Ike like costume... they really had Ike on the mind when they made this guy, didn't they?
I never knew Chrom was originally going to have a red cape as part of his design. Gotta admit, it kind of looks better on him than white.

Mine

1) Panne
2) Flavia
3) Say'ri
4) Sully
5) Nah
Well, I've only done two playthroughs of Awakening with a male and female Robin, so I'll just say the wives/husbands I would have chosen for them. The number one characters are the ones that I picked during that playthrough.

Male

1. Cordelia
2. Lucina
3. Olivia
4. Sumia
5. Tiki

Female

1. Chrom
2. Henry
3. Donnel
4. Stahl
5. Lon'qu

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Kellam x Nowi...Robin (M) x Nah...Manakete Morgan <3 Ideally, I'd love to marry Tiki because that'd just make me so happy, but it's not exactly optimal. Probably will do another run through again just for fun and set things up simply as a fan of the pairings, not focusing on skills, stats, etc.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
zoooomg, Honggggggg...your new avatar is so <333 << Translate the hearts anyway you'd like to.
This. I second this.

I'ma just throw both genders in here for a cumulative top five.

1. Chrom
2. Tiki
3. Say'ri
4. Lucina
5. Frederick

Hong

The Strongest
1. Cordelia
Speaking of, it was her birthday yesterday. ( ' ▽ ')/
Kellam x Nowi...Robin (M) x Nah...Manakete Morgan <3 Ideally, I'd love to marry Tiki because that'd just make me so happy, but it's not exactly optimal. Probably will do another run through again just for fun and set things up simply as a fan of the pairings, not focusing on skills, stats, etc.
Marrying Tiki to Robin feels wrong for me.

It's because I'm a pre-Blazing Sword fan. I have a hard time not associating her with her image of over 20 years. She's always just going to be that cute, tiny, though powerful, manakete. The last of the divine dragons. I guess it would be easier for people who associate her with her older and more elegant form, though.

Last edited:

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959

It's because I'm a pre-Blazing Sword fan. I have a hard time not associating her with her image of over 20 years. She's always just going to be that cute, tiny, though powerful, manakete. The last of the divine dragons. I guess it would be easier for people who associate her with her older and more elegant form, though.
Being a fan who started with Awakening (I now have three games though :b:), I obviously associate with the older Tiki far more than with the younger. Reading up on and seeing the younger her seems like a very interesting glimpse into the past though. Something I'm kind of loving about starting to play through the franchise a bit backwards. It's really nice seeing her Awakening support conversations, then getting the chance to relive what she recollects. It just feels so.. tied in. I love it.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Well, I've done 5 playthroughs, 4 male 1 female, so I'll just rank the 5 people my Robin married. I feel it'd be unfair to include the characters my Robins didn't marry, though, since I haven't seen all their support convos.

1. Panne
2. Chrom
3. Tiki
4. Lucina
5. Tharja

Hokori

Great King of Evil

That's completely understandable. To be honest, I've been feeling the same for awhile until I've played through Awakening enough to the point where the look stuck. Though, playing through some DLC/Spotpass maps and seeing her little and referring to Marth as "Mar Mar" takes me back...And going back and playing some of the older games again is just going to make things harder. Still, for my next playthrough I will make it happen because I don't want Tiki to be alone. Breaks my heart :crying:

Hong

The Strongest
So after some AHEM remarks on my avatar, I looked through some of the other stuff from the same artist and I found this.

Ruined forever.

Being a fan who started with Awakening (I now have three games though :b:), I obviously associate with the older Tiki far more than with the younger. Reading up on and seeing the younger her seems like a very interesting glimpse into the past though. Something I'm kind of loving about starting to play through the franchise a bit backwards. It's really nice seeing her Awakening support conversations, then getting the chance to relive what she recollects. It just feels so.. tied in. I love it.
Yeah. ^~^ In this sense, it makes Awakening the perfect point of entry. It has Fire Emblem history ALL over it.

Tiki
Risen, possible reference to FE2/FE8
The 12 Dreadlords of the Jugdral saga
The Taguel being a clear variant of the Laguz
Lots of dialogue references
And of course the fact it's a sequel to Mystery of the Emblem

None of this counts DLC, which uses many of the old maps, music, and of course characters.

Tiki is something special. Her popularity far exceeded her games for the Japanese fan-base. It's no surprise that the developer would bring her back for Awakening, since I don't doubt they love her as well. I am so happy that she has a trophy, and I hope she is an Assist Trophy as well.

Top Bottom