• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I think I have no supports with anyone here...I'm just a lowly tactician in a room full of LV 20 Grandmasters. I'm not desired at all :c
You're bound to be better off than me. My only friend is Optimistic Charizard.

Hong

The Strongest
T~T I try to make everyone feel loved, with the exception of folks who display malice towards the thread or the character.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I share those feelings. Since the beginning, I felt Chrom's chances were really high, with the assumption that an Awakening character would be included. Now, I still feel as though he has the lead over everyone else, but it's not nearly as what it used to be...kind of learning in the 50-55% range for his inclusion.
Since the beginning I felt that Chrom was 50-55%, as I was one of the few people who predicted Ike would return right from the start. :p I tried to defend Ike on Youtube for months (after I really started doing more stuff on Youtube, around December last year). I still think Chrom is the mostlikely new FE character, I just really hope its not Chrom (my preferred choice being Robin naturally).

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I jest, I jest.

Honestly, you all are amongst my favorite throughout the forums. Keeping this thread healthy and very much alive is just one of the many reasons <3

You do a great job, @ Hong Hong . Smile!

Since the beginning I felt that Chrom was 50-55%, as I was one of the few people who predicted Ike would return right from the start. :p I tried to defend Ike on Youtube for months (after I really started doing more stuff on Youtube, around December last year). I still think Chrom is the mostlikely new FE character, I just really hope its not Chrom (my preferred choice being Robin naturally).
Ike's return brought me so much joy. Not just because he's my favorite, but for reasons that we've already discussed included.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Remember the days of Smash speculations around here when Robin used to be an underdog and people were too busy having intense Chrom vs Roy debates? How did you feel back then compared to now? Would you say now is better or worse than before?
I would have to say that i would be fine if both got in, I mean, ya it wouldn't be like "DA GREATEST OF ALL REPS!" but I would still be pretty okay with it.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Tears roll down Hong's cheeks because of the last few comments on the previous page. We should be overjoyed that we're loved, but instead, we chose to mope.

"There's something between us all. Something that keeps us together... Like...invisible ties, connecting us"

^

That describes our relationship. How fitting.

Thank you Robin.

Hong

The Strongest
I still can't tell if this is a happy face (or something "positive") or an annoyed face. :ohwell:
A crying face because I feel people are unloved, though I suppose I missed that it was merely jest.
I didn't think Ike was so sure. I knew Mr. Sakurai would want to fulfill expectations. There is no doubt that he had to weigh and compare Chrom, a newcomer people would expect, versus Ike, a veteran people would expect.

I would like to think Ike's "redesign" was a compromise.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Tears roll down Hong's cheeks because of the last few comments on the previous page. We should be overjoyed that we're loved, but instead, we chose to mope.

"There's something between us all. Something that keeps us together... Like...invisible ties, connecting us"
^

That describes our relationship. How fitting.

Thank you Robin.
I can't help but feel out of place here though. I'm practically the only non human (or humanoid) regular on this thread.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
A crying face because I feel people are unloved, though I suppose I missed that it was merely jest.
I didn't think Ike was so sure. I knew Mr. Sakurai would want to fulfill expectations. There is no doubt that he had to weigh and compare Chrom, a newcomer people would expect, versus Ike, a veteran people would expect.

I would like to think Ike's "redesign" was a compromise.
If you think about it Ike is most likely going to get a Chrom Costume because Chrom's over all design looks ALOT like Ike's older design with the one shoulder pad, exposed arms, cape ect ect.

Hong

The Strongest
If you think about it Ike is most likely going to get a Chrom Costume because Chrom's over all design looks ALOT like Ike's older design with the one shoulder pad, exposed arms, cape ect ect.
Literally a more regal Ike.

Torn cape, white instead of red, moved to the left a bit.
Hair, combed instead of crudely held up with a headband
Sword in the ground between fights
Almost the exact same fighting stance
Royal attire under what is more or less similar armour of a different colour

If not for the fact they clearly had limitations with the animations in Awakening, I'm sure they would fight the same, too.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

If not for the fact they clearly had limitations with the animations in Awakening, I'm sure they would fight the same, too.
Except Chrom would be tripping all over the place a lot more, because you know, lack of feet.

Completely ignoring the fact that tripping was Sumia's trait.

D

Deleted member

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Love is gross.

Moping and pessimism is where all the fun is at.
:p

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I can't help but feel out of place here though. I'm practically the only non human (or humanoid) regular on this thread.
Well, I'm a homunculus. So there's that.

Folks, the above demonstrates how even the tiniest of details that a lot of people don't even pay much mind to can show how unavoidably similar they would end up being.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Love is gross.

Moping and pessimism is where all the fun is at.
:p
...You don't want to make Morgans?

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

And if the developers could give Ike a DLC class of Great Lord they totally would.

D

Deleted member

Well, I'm a homunculus. So there's that.

Folks, the above demonstrates how even the tiniest of details that a lot of people don't even pay much mind to can show how unavoidably similar they would end up being.

...You don't want to make Morgans?
I'd rather make Owains, Geromes, and Cynthias. :troll:

Fun fact:

I've made a lifelong vow of celibacy and relationship abstinence, so no.

Bet you didn't expect a real answer did you?:awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
Hm. Some folks are making me feel bad about not having a Robin avatar. Maybe I should run one at least until the game ships.

Fun fact:

I've made a lifelong vow of celibacy and relationship abstinence, so no.

Bet you didn't expect a real answer did you?:awesome:
For all I joke about being lovey dovey, I'm in a similar boat as long as I am a member of my order. :p

D

Deleted member

Hm. Some folks are making me feel bad about not having a Robin avatar. Maybe I should run one at least until the game ships.

For all I joke about being lovey dovey, I'm in a similar boat as long as I am a member of my order. :p
Is it bad that I don't know what an order is...? (At least in the context to which you are referring).

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I've wanted to use a Robin avatar in the past, but the ones I would use are all taken, ha ha. I'll just continue showing love in this wonderful thread of ours as my homage payment :p

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'd rather make them too :awesome:

How so? :ohwell:
B3cuz Nah avatars r b3st avatrs, Robin avatrs r 4 l0z3rs, duuuuuuuuuuuh.

This was a really dumb idea.
I'm not very good at L33TSP43K.

Just ignore me from now on.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I've wanted to use a Robin avatar in the past, but the ones I would use are all taken, ha ha. I'll just continue showing love in this wonderful thread of ours as my homage payment :p
I'm only using this one because I couldn't use a cool bowser stain glass picture i found....

IronFish

Smash Ace

Some of his early concept art has him with a red cape, and a more Ike like costume... they really had Ike on the mind when they made this guy, didn't they?

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
B3cuz Nah avatars r b3st avatrs, Robin avatrs r 4 l0z3rs, duuuuuuuuuuuh.

This was a really dumb idea.
I'm not very good at L33TSP43K.

Just ignore me from now on.

I can never ignore you. I clicked on each spoiler :p

Some of his early concept art has him with a red cape, and a more Ike like costume... they really had Ike on the mind when they made this guy, didn't they?
Chrom's main skill also says hi.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
*I'm back... yay..(?)*

Anyway, Chrom is really Ike, and not Marth's, descendant. :troll:

Hong

The Strongest
Well, Ike is probably the best character they have ever created.

I guess they were either subconsciously thinking about Ike when trying to make a lovable main character and it came out the wrong way, or Chrom's design came as a result of Awakening's attempt to represent all the best features of all the Fire Emblems combined.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Second only to Robin, of course, Chrom's design is my favorite in Awakening. I love the regal and almost knightly look they gave him.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
*I'm back... yay..(?)*

Anyway, Chrom is really Ike, and not Marth's, descendant. :troll:
Honestly did wonder where you were. Gone, but not forgotten :awesome:

So dose that mean that Priam is Marth's descendant?
Priam is the Prince of Persia with blue-hair. It all makes sense too because his name starts with a "P"

I guess they were either subconsciously thinking about Ike when trying to make a lovable main character and it came out the wrong way, or Chrom's design came as a result of Awakening's attempt to represent all the best features of all the Fire Emblems combined.
Probably both, but more so subconsciously thinking about Ike imo. How Chrom commands, how naive he can be (unless I'm the only one that got the impression of him being naive somehow...)...Ike Ike Ike Ike Ike

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

Honestly did wonder where you were. Gone, but not forgotten :awesome:

Priam is the Prince of Persia with blue-hair. It all makes sense too because his name starts with a "P"

Probably both, but more so subconsciously thinking about Ike imo. How Chrom commands, how naive he can be (unless I'm the only one that got the impression of him being naive somehow...)...Ike Ike Ike Ike Ike
I almost feel bad for Chrom. Poor guy.

Top Bottom