• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If you hate whats going on right now, what will happen if Chrom ends up being confirmed at the August Direct will be even worse. Some people will act like Robin never had a chance to begin with and mock those that thinks otherwise.>_>
Well, that's what happens when people do go against information that has been correct roughly 80% as of this time, and it's going to continue to do so if Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run and Shulk's English VA Adam Howden have anything to say on the matter.

If anything, it's more so going to be the supporters of Robin setting themselves up for disappointment and not embracing the very strong presence at hand.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Well, that's what happens when people do go against information that has been correct roughly 80% as of this time, and it's going to continue to do so if Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run and Shulk's English VA Adam Howden have anything to say on the matter.

If anything, it's more so going to be the supporters of Robin setting themselves up for disappointment and not embracing the very strong presence at hand.
Why are you even here?

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

So? What's your point? Should the Robin thread be deleted because not all of us immediately accept the leak as completely legit? We are allowed to speculate and hope. Deal with it.

Weeman

Smash Crusader

But that's the thing, the "setting yourself up for dissapointment" thing is what depends on people, i mean we are supporting a character for a video game we like, i don't think anyone takes it so seriously that they'd be so dissapointed and sad, if Robin's not in the game then we'll just take it, and as long as we can enjoy ourselves discussing the topic then we might as well do.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Wait...Xenoblaze always trolls when there are very few comments on this thread. Falling for his flaming we post more and get
more involved. Not only that, but ive frequently seen him troll the chrom thread.......:idea:HE'S A ROBIN SUPPORTER IN DESGUISE!!!!!

Hong

The Strongest
I want to go back to this post, because I don't want to set the wrong tone and make this thread any less fun.
Well, they are free to celebrate the reveal of Chrom where appropriate. If they come into here and slander Robin supporters, they will be punished. Similarly, if Robin is revealed and I see anyone here go on to attack Chrom supporters, they will be punished.
What I should clarify is you are 100% okay with celebrating Robin's triumph over Chrom and the Gematsu leak. While I am a Chrom supporter, I am okay with you pooping on his character, as long as it happens here and it doesn't become a shift in the thread's purpose and the topic of conversation.

Believe me when I say I have some images laying around that I'll be posting here if Robin is to be revealed. :) Really, even Intelligent Systems already has us covered.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Remember the days of Smash speculations around here when Robin used to be an underdog and people were too busy having intense Chrom vs Roy debates? How did you feel back then compared to now? Would you say now is better or worse than before?
Honestly, I think things improved a lot.
Back in the day, I started to support Robin only after I randomly stumbled around the forums out of boredom and saw this thread. I did not think there was an actually realistic chance for them to make it, but I really liked them in Awakening and the idea of the character in Smash for their diversity.

Nowadays I actually do believe Robin is the most likely FE newcomer, even with the gematsu leak looking pretty accurate. Heck, even if Chrom is actually in the game, I don't see any reason why we couldn't have 4 FE characters, and having both Chrom and Robin would actually be a nice parallel to Awakening.

So I've basicly found hope out of nothing. And even if Robin won't make it into Smash, I at least had a good time talking about them here.

Well, I for one wouldn't have a hard time to deal with the disappointment. It's a video game that I'll most likely enjoy no matter what.

People going around trying to get other folks' hopes down just because they think otherwise however just confuse me. There is nothing wrong with being optimistic. Or - in cases of really unlikely characters - just liking the thought of it and playing around with the possibilities.

Hong

The Strongest
Honestly, I think things improved a lot.
Back in the day, I started to support Robin only after I randomly stumbled around the forums out of boredom and saw this thread. I did not think there was an actually realistic chance for them to make it, but I really liked them in Awakening and the idea of the character in Smash for their diversity.

Nowadays I actually do believe Robin is the most likely FE newcomer, even with the gematsu leak looking pretty accurate. Heck, even if Chrom is actually in the game, I don't see any reason why we couldn't have 4 FE characters, and having both Chrom and Robin would actually be a nice parallel to Awakening.

So I've basicly found hope out of nothing. And even if Robin won't make it into Smash, I at least had a good time talking about them here.
XD I feel kind of bad when I think about it.

When I first came into here, I told @ Gingerbread Man Gingerbread Man how bad the OP was, how he was over-complicating the character, and how everyone was wrong about the likelihood of her appearing. When I came into here, originally while I loved Robin a lot in Awakening, I couldn't see the point in adding her. While she is a spell-caster, I don't think that inherently made her unique, since anyone with magic can more or less shape it into whatever they want. The concept behind magic is making the impossible possible, after all.

Honestly? Truly? While I can now say Robin has a host of valid play styles, I still don't think she is "special" in the grand scheme of things. No doubt she is far more valuable than the majority of the Fire Emblem leads prior to her, being a spell-caster, lacking the characteristics of royalty (attire and presentation), and just IMO being one of the coolest looking leads. That said, she is just that; a Fire Emblem character. Smash Bros could only have Marth as a playable character and I wouldn't flinch. When I try to think of good characters for Smash Bros, I look at a combination of representing the widest scope of Nintendo history as possible, while at the same time having something unique. Ike hails from Radiant Dawn, which is really only from a mere generation prior.

Looking at current newcomers, Villager is one of the brightest stars. In many ways, he traces back to the N64 era, and represents not just a different series, but comes from a simulation game. Comparatively, Robin more or less is just an amnesiac, bound-by-fate, descendant of some great deity, stock RPG character just like any other. Subjective, of course, but I would say she is still a way better character than a lot of suggestions regardless. Even compared to characters from similar origins, she has plenty of advantages, and hailing from Awakening means she would be quite the crowd-pleaser as well.

She isn't unique as a video game character, but unique enough that she will have an easy time differentiating herself from other fighters. Certainly will help Fire Emblem's brand image considerably, which is a huge plus.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
If one Fire Emblem game were to warrant two newcomers from it, it'd undoubtedly be Awakening since it single-handedly saved the series while also being the most successful.

On a completely unrelated, was I the only one who instantly thought of Batman upon first seeing Gerome?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
If one Fire Emblem game were to warrant two newcomers from it, it'd undoubtedly be Awakening since it single-handedly saved the series while also being the most successful.

On a completely unrelated, was I the only one who instantly thought of Batman upon first seeing Gerome?
No
e74.gif

D

Deleted member

I thought "YOU ARE MARRYING MY DAUGHTER MORGAN ASAP" because Gerome is such a badass.

Easily one of the (if not the) coolest looking/badass characters from Awakening, imo.

Hong

The Strongest
If I had a gold piece for every time someone made a joke about reclassing Gerome as a Dark Knight, I would have enough gold to buy a Second Seal to reclass Gerome as a Dark Knight.:troll:
Easily one of the (if not the) coolest looking/badass characters from Awakening, imo.
Yay. Gerome love. ♥ He gets a lot of flack for being so moody, so I'm always pleased to see him appreciated.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Well all I can say is: Hope will never die!

There is no problem supporting character you like, even if the odds may not be in their favor. I mean, if they got in, we all won, if they not, we are back were we started so in no way this is a loss.

I myself always wandered here in smashboards, as a guest, looking the many threads I thought interessing, but the Robin thread was the one that called my attention the most, and even led me to create a account to share my feelings.

This can happen to anyone, and with any character. Those discussions bring us together and show us new ideas and give us a good time.

I wouldn't call that being in denial.

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
If I had a gold piece for every time someone made a joke about reclassing Gerome as a Dark Knight, I would have enough gold to buy a Second Seal to reclass Gerome as a Dark Knight.:troll:
Yay. Gerome love. ♥ He gets a lot of flack for being so moody, so I'm always pleased to see him appreciated.
I find the moodiness to be endearing, for the most part.

Hong

The Strongest
There is no problem supporting character you like, even if the odds may not be in their favor. I mean, if they got in, we all won, if they not, we are back were we started so in no way this is a loss.

I myself always wandered here in smashboards, as a guest, looking the many threads I thought interessing, but the Robin thread was the one that called my attention the most, and even led me to create a account to share my feelings.

This can happen to anyone, and with any character. Those discussions bring us together and show us new ideas and give us a good time.

I wouldn't call that being in denial.
Yeah. That's how I see it.

It's been one Hell of an entertaining, humourous and insightful ride. I even made a friend who I now talk to every day thanks to this thread drawing us together. No matter what the final roster ends up being, we have never made a loss, we were not wrong, and none of the fun we have had will undo itself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hm, I never saw him as moody so much as "spacey" and bluntly pessimistic about the situation at hand.

I always interpreted his coldness as not wanting to form bonds because of his devotion to the idea of "destiny" and because of his blind acceptance that his parents and everyone around him would die as they did before he time-traveled to the past.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
It's been one Hell of an entertaining, humourous and insightful ride. I even made a friend who I now talk to every day thanks to this thread drawing us together. No matter what the final roster ends up being, we have never made a loss, we were not wrong, and none of the fun we have had will undo itself.
And it's not just us, either. It's every character thread like us. We all know there's a risk of our favorites not making it, and we aren't always the most realistic. But it's a risk we're willing to take in order to connect with other supporters. To forge bonds.

Those bonds are a way to connect you, me, and the other tacticians. The members we've met, and the threads we've seen. Such bonds are the true strength of this forum. Without them, we're lost.

Others may disagree with our goals, but that's one benefit of a community: as long as our actions and intentions are good, we will always have support.

Obtained support level A.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

What I think you need to realize is that support for a character does not equal expecting said character. Most of us are fully aware that Robin's chances are slim at this point. We don't expect Robin, but we do hope for him/her. Whether you like it or not, we are allowed to have hope and continue supporting Robin. Besides, supporting Robin is much more fun than just saying "Chrom will be in, end of story."

Hong

The Strongest
Lucina:
But please, your future! You must—

Basilio:
"Please," yourself! Not another word. I fully intend to outlive all you sprogs—just see if I don't. And as for your "future," it can kiss my big brown Feroxi arse!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm doubting Chrom's inclusion more and more as time goes on, there's actually a lot of hints that may go against the notion of Chrom being in... the best example I can bring up is "Oh, and don't worry, Ike can still use Aether in this game." What reason is there to bring that up?

That said I still think Chrom is the mostlikely choice, I just want to support Robin because I think Robin is the best choice for a Fire Emblem newcomer from Awakening.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm doubting Chrom's inclusion more and more as time goes on, there's actually a lot of hints that may go against the notion of Chrom being in... the best example I can bring up is "Oh, and don't worry, Ike can still use Aether in this game." What reason is there to bring that up?

That said I still think Chrom is the mostlikely choice, I just want to support Robin because I think Robin is the best choice for a Fire Emblem newcomer from Awakening.
"Don't worry, Ike can still use Aether."

"Introducing a new fighter, Chrom! Here's his signature Aether attack which is already used by another character!"

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
I still like the "Proposal" FS the better choice.

Actually that could be Robin's too. After all who need to summon hordes of friends or a giant ancient evil dragon when you can marry your opponents.

EDIT: Yay I learned how to use the spoiler tags.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest

Great. Now you can learn how to use image tags.:troll:

Edit - Rather, you might have more success if you uploaded the picture to imgur. :)

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm borderline depressed. I missed out on soooo much discussion today :c

Yeah, I share those feelings. Since the beginning, I felt Chrom's chances were really high, with the assumption that an Awakening character would be included. Now, I still feel as though he has the lead over everyone else, but it's not nearly as what it used to be...kind of learning in the 50-55% range for his inclusion.

Edit - Rather, you might have more success if you uploaded the picture to imgur. :)
#ShotsFired #RobinConfirmedToUseCelicasGale

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521

Strange, the image was fine for me. I guess that what i get for just copying a random image url of google.
Fixed! I guess...
Thanks for the imgur tip! :bee:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I don't visit this thread as much as I should.

Robin is my favorite Awakening character (other than Kellam of course), I'd definitely prefer Robin over Chrom.

I might be called Sal, but I sure as heck ain't Sal Romano.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
*Audience starts applauding, tearing up. Flag with the Mark of Grima appears behind Hong.*

D

Deleted member

Support Level C
WingedSnagret: I wish I could get supports with @ Morbi Morbi ...
MorbidAltruism: *MorbidAltruism likes this.
So... are we keeping track of our "Support Level" with other users in this thread now?

I didn't think I had any support level conversations available.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I think I have no supports with anyone here...I'm just a lowly tactician in a room full of LV 20 Grandmasters. I'm not desired at all :c

Hong

The Strongest
It's kind of funny to imagine what things would be like if Robin was leaked instead of Chrom.

Though I figure Robin would be more like the Chorus Men in that a lot of people don't know it's a good idea until it is presented to them. Even after Chrom was leaked, there is not a lot of actual support for Chrom being Chrom, just Chrom being on a leak. Being a main character from Awakening is certainly a strong point for any newcomer, though, you know.

Strange, the image was fine for me. I guess that what i get for just copying a random image url of google.
Fixed! I guess...
Thanks for the imgur tip! :bee:
Yeah. When a website wants to prevent hot-linking, if you have the image in your cache already, it will show up just fine, but won't work for others unless they have been defined by the website that image was intended for.
I didn't think I had any support level conversations available.
I think I have no supports with anyone here...I'm just a lowly tactician in a room full of LV 20 Grandmasters. I'm not desired at all :c
Does my love mean nothing to you!?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And I'm just sitting in the corner praying to Nah...

:c

Top Bottom