• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Hong

The Strongest
Why didn't you take the black war magus? He's the best!
No way. This is my favourite character design in all of Etrian Odyssey.

Right now, I am at odds with a War Magus of the very same variety you speak of. Got to put that lousy disgrace of the magi in his place, wherever I go.

It's a rival thing.
Oh look. A wild Robin appeared.

This is really cute.

I'd steal the robe and run away.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.

Right now, I am at odds with a War Magus of the very same variety you speak of. Got to put that lousy disgrace of the magi in his place, wherever I go.

It's a rival thing.
This is really cute.

It's okay.. but it's no pony tail rockin sniper!!!

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

It's a rival thing.
This is really cute.

I'd wake him up, gain a best friend for life and then be annoyed when they wouldn't remember their tailor :D

Watching the Brasil - Germany soccer match right now. After 45 minute 0:5 Germany.
Me: "Now that's strategy!"

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Soooo...I know we were talking about couples early, but I was just wondering...Who do you think the 'canon' pairing for female and male Robin? I think its Chrom for Female Robin and Lucina or Tharja *eye twitch* for Male Robin personally.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Soooo...I know we were talking about couples early, but I was just wondering...Who do you think the 'canon' pairing for female and male Robin? I think its Chrom for Female Robin and Lucina or Tharja *eye twitch* for Male Robin personally.
I honestly think that the most canon pairing period is the Female Robin and Chrom. As such, I'm hesitant to say that any pairing for Male Robin is "canon".

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Chrom is hardly the canon pairing for the Female Avatar.

Fell Blood wielding the Falchion? sure.
Lucina recognize Morgan? sure.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
For both Robin (M) and Robin (F)...it's Tharja.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I honestly think that the most canon pairing period is the Female Robin and Chrom. As such, I'm hesitant to say that any pairing for Male Robin is "canon".
I see it the same way. I'm not even sure about the fRobin/Chrom pairing.
Though female Robin/Chrom and male Robin/Lucina probably are the best for dramatic tention.
Then again, Robin/Tiki is just so wonderfully ironic fate... double so if you have the Future Past DLC in mind.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Doesn't the tiebreaker for who Chrom marries go Sumia -> Sully -> Maribelle -> female Robin -> Olivia?

It seems like even though Robin has a canon appearance for each gender, s/he doesn't have canon spouses. Although I have to admit Robin/Tiki is cute, and it seems awfully interesting how Yarne's official art has his hair streak white...

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I agree there's no canon, but to me at least I can't resist marrying Chrom mostly due to the gravitas it adds to the story. It makes it into this delicious greek-style tragedy.

But yea, I feel like ChromxSumia was a bit implied with that one video of Sumia saving Chrom.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Doesn't the tiebreaker for who Chrom marries go Sumia -> Sully -> Maribelle -> female Robin -> Olivia?
HEY, don't neglect Random Village Girl! She's who Chrom marries if you somehow have no viable female supports with him during that chapter.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I believe it's Sumia > Maribelle > Sully > Olivia > Robin (F) > Nameless Village Maiden

HEY, don't neglect Random Village Girl! She's who Chrom marries if you somehow have no viable female supports with him during that chapter.
Chrom wouldn't even know the name of his own wife :/

D

Deleted member

I believe it's Sumia > Maribelle > Sully > Olivia > Robin (F) > Nameless Village Maiden

Chrom wouldn't even know the name of his own wife :/
It'd be weird as hell if I was just sitting around one day and the Queen of some country walked up to me and proposed to me out of nowhere.

Chrom must've hypnotized the poor village girl to say yes. :c

D

Deleted member

I bet Robin's so low on that list because they don't want to force you to marry Chrom.
Yeah, nothing like getting forced into marriage within the first part of the game only to encounter later a good amount of male characters that can marry only the Avatar.

Really glad they didn't screw that up.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Wait a sec, how can you possibly not have anyone to marry Chrom?, isn't that Olivia's job, or do you have to kill her? :crazy:

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I like Sumia's personality, but I'm just kind of tired of the lord x Pegasus knight pairing personally

D

Deleted member

Why would he have to? If I was a lowly village person and someone of noble blood came along and said, "Hey, want to marry me and become royalty?" I wouldn't say no.
Chrom, personality and appearance-wise would be a fair exception, but if I were a girl and a guy of royalty who looked like this:

With the personality that this guy^ (Valtome, FE: Radiant Dawn) has, I wouldn't take that offer no matter how much he offered to pay me.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Ok, I know Chrom is not super popular, but ... would he really need to hypnotize? ;D
Yes, because he lives in Ike's shadow. And everyone he will try to talk to likes Ike (from stories they've heard) :troll:

Wait a sec, how can you possibly not have anyone to marry Chrom?, isn't that Olivia's job, or do you have to kill her? :crazy:

Once Olivia gets introduced, I just have her DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE to ensure a happily ever after :)

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Chrom, personality and appearance-wise would be a fair exception, but if I were a girl and a guy of royalty who looked like this:

With the personality that this guy^ (Valtome, FE: Radiant Dawn) has, I wouldn't take that offer no matter how much he offered to pay me.
He looks like Micheal Jackson reincarnated.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I don't think you have to kill her, but she needs to not have any support with him. You have to be trying for random village maiden. Or just really really suck and get half your army killed.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I can't imagine male Robin with anyone but Cordelia.

I'll admit that it's probably just because of her design. She's not particularly interesting as a character, imo.

Chrom with F-Robin was kinda meh too. Gotta get a better romance on my next playthrough.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, the game made it very romantic. Even from the two chapters on the demo alone, a lot of people went and shipped Robin of either gender with Chrom.

D

Deleted member

Well, the game made it very romantic. Even from the two chapters on the demo alone, a lot of people went and shipped Robin of either gender with Chrom.
*gags*

If you can't tell already, I have a personal vendetta with all things that are sincerely romanctic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
Oh, I know.

Didn't think it mattered too much in quips and idioms. Well, it does, but whenever I argue with the male default, people think I'm unreasonable, so clearly it must not matter much. ¬ ¬

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I support ChromxRobin. It's kind of like SigurdxDiedere, only without all the **** mayhem and tragedies that followed after that.

Hong

The Strongest
I support ChromxRobin. It's kind of like SigurdxDiedere, only without all the **** mayhem and tragedies that followed after that.
Well, if Seliph had Naga's blessings, who knows how fate could have changed. Father and son could have been as one.

Indeed. Chrom being killed by the one he loved most, a precursory to the apocalypse, is an even more tragic prospect.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Honestly I hate Chrobin, just to much fanservice, then who does Sumia marry? But that's just me apparently.

Last edited:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Honestly I hate Chrobin, just to much fanservice, then who does Sumia marry?
Not letting Sumia marry Chrom must be like denying Tharja to Robin(M). It just doesn't feel right.

I bet Sumia, like Tharja, must have dialogues where she says she will marry the X person, but her true love is Chrom. This is kinda sad actually. Get over it girl.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Not letting Sumia marry Chrom must be like denying Tharja to Robin(M). It just doesn't feel right.

I bet Sumia, like Tharja, must have dialogues where she says she will marry the X person, but her true love is Chrom. This is kinda sad actually. Get over it girl.
I like Robin! Why would I punish him/her by marring him to Tharja?

Top Bottom