• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So, apparently the Great Bay Stage has be proven to be fake........

*Cries*

why must this stuff happen?!

Lending game is like forcing the borrowers to speedrun. And speedrun Awakening IS NOT GOOD.
List of reasons:
  • Owain
  • Severa
  • Gerome
  • Noire
  • S-Supports
  • Owain
  • Kjelle
  • Nah
  • Stupid Lobster-Walahrt recruitment
  • Owain
Wait, why is Owain an issue?
He's saying it's an issue because you most likely will miss Owain because you have to try to beat the game really fast and therefore skip him.

Which is terrible because Owain is a really nice unit with a really funny character to him. He's one of my favorite characters.
But the still doesn't really answer why.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I think he's asking why Owain's so special...saying "nice unit" and "funny character" isn't really descriptive and is honestly kind of generic.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
I think he's asking why Owain's so special...saying "nice unit" and "funny character" isn't really descriptive and is honestly kind of generic.
Well, he is one of the most characterized units of all FEs, he has unique traits and he is simply awesome. His supports are also funny.
And this:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I just noticed something. Both of the Mii Fighter outfits based on Nintendo characters are royalty. We got King K. Rool and Chrom, the Prince/Exalt of Ylisse. Read into that what you will. Probably just a coincidence, but I thought it deserved mention.

And the parka outfits too. Ya know who else wears parkas???

:popo::popo:ICE CLIMBERS SCALE THE RANKS!:popo::popo:

:troll:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm waiting for someone to do a Robins moves, history behind Super Smash bros 4.
sort of like this

just Robin in smash 4.
Well, i mean, there's not to much to cover, since we now where most of his moves come from. Though i wouldn't mind seeing it if one was made.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I'm waiting for someone to do a Robins moves, history behind Super Smash bros 4.
sort of like this

just Robin in smash 4.
There's his specials, maybe whatever's closest to his 1-range Levin Sword animation, maybe whatever matches his Bronze Sword attack animation, and that's about it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
They did one for Mario.
I guess that's true.

Alright~ :happysheep:

What do you need help with? Picking a main?
Yeah, most, here's my problem just bellow.

Minus Robin (who I am always maining unless Young Link returns) I have about 5 characters I want to main along side Robin, however I think that realistically I should only main 2 (one being Robin). Now here's my real problem. I can't play online and have really no one to versus, only CPUs, so I've been try to figure out who to main with very little success. Any advice?
And the characters that I am choosing from are (in order of most used atm) :4pit::4miisword::4sonic::4link::4littlemac: with possibility of :4feroy: or :4fox:. Thoughts?

There's his specials, maybe whatever's closest to his 1-range Levin Sword animation, maybe whatever matches his Bronze Sword attack animation, and that's about it.
Well, I do now where they got his Jab 1 and Jab 2. It's his victory animation if he uses a sword.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
sort of like this

just Robin in smash 4.
Someone actually did a while back. Some guy from France posted about in the Robin boards a few months back.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, actually, I already have a main main, :4robinm:. I am interested in just having a another main just to have to help out or to use incase I don't feel like playing Robin.
Oh well in that case go for Pit.

You can never go wrong with Pit~ ;3

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh well in that case go for Pit.

You can never go wrong with Pit~ ;3
Well, he is my first option, but there are just a couple of things that keep bugging me about him (e.g his nerf air mobility, nerf arrows, Down B start up lag)

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Well, actually, I already have a main main, :4robinm:. I am interested in just having a another main just to have to help out or to use incase I don't feel like playing Robin.
Go :4sonic:. you can have him in case of fast characters and you need that extra speed just in case. So you can have a character for spacing and a character who is all up in your grill.
Or you can go Fox for a rushdown dish of combos.
Pit has few options when it comes down to certain characters.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, he is my first option, but there are just a couple of things that keep bugging me about him (e.g his nerf air mobility, nerf arrows, Down B start up lag)
Air mobility is negligible, he isn't a rushdown character, he's a reactive fighter.

Arrows should seldom be used in neutral, but you can do a fullhop arrow to negate the endlag.

Down-b is rarely ever used, I never use it in any of my matches.

Pit is a good character overall, if your fundamentals are good, you can play a decent Pit.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
If you can get into your opponents head, Your :4sonic: will be unstoppable.

Plus Sonic has some good custom options like hammer dash and burning dash and auto charge.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Pit always has a plethora of options, irrespective of his opponent.

The question is whether said options are at all efficacious. He has no options to muscle his way to victory. He must always play on reaction and be ready to adapt and switch tactics at a moment's notice.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

The question is whether said options are at all efficacious. He has no options to muscle his way to victory. He must always play on reaction and be ready to adapt and switch tactics at a moment's notice.
I understand reaction based fighting. Trust me.

But Sonic can either make options or break them.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Go :4sonic:. you can have him in case of fast characters and you need that extra speed just in case. So you can have a character for spacing and a character who is all up in your grill.
Or you can go Fox for a rushdown dish of combos.
That's true, but Sonic's nerfs have really hurt his character (in particularly his Usmash)

Also, I don't really like using Top Tier characters cause then I feel cheap. Though Sonic is an expiation because I like play as him cause his fun, not cause his good.

Air mobility is negligible, he isn't a rushdown character, he's a reactive fighter.

Arrows should seldom be used in neutral, but you can do a fullhop arrow to negate the endlag.

Down-b is rarely ever used, I never use it in any of my matches.

Pit is a good character overall, if your fundamentals are good, you can play a decent Pit.
Hm, fair enough. Still, this low kill power can sometime be annoying. Though his gimping abilities are fun.

If you can get into your opponents head, Your :4sonic: will be unstoppable.

Plus Sonic has some good custom options like hammer dash and burning dash and auto charge.
Really, I don't remember seeing the Sonic mains say that.

And that's the thing. I don't know if I have the skills to do that.

*sigh*

Why can't Young Link just return. or at least buff Toon link
:4zelda::zelda::zeldamelee:Pick up Zelda because she's broken and needs to be banned :zeldamelee::zelda::4zelda:
okay then, i'll pick up Zelda:4sheik:

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I'm not saying pit is bad. I got destroyed by one some time ago.

That's true, but Sonic's nerfs have really hurt his character (in particularly his Usmash)

Also, I don't really like using Top Tier characters cause then I feel cheap. Though Sonic is an expiation because I like play as him cause his fun, not cause his good.
WAIT.... How do you get patches if you don't have Wi-Fi?

Have you tried :4ness:? If you are afraid of patches (some how) Ness has been un-touched.

Plus ness has almost everything a character needs to be successful.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Have you tried :4ness:? If you are afraid of patches (some how) Ness has been un-touched.

Plus ness has almost everything a character needs to be successful.
A 100% non-gimpable recovery not being one of them. :rosalina:

Top Bottom