• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I feel like saying something, but I have nothing to say.

Specifically in this case:

Zantetsugun censor dodging even though it was a joke (in that he wasn't actually mad).

And

Koiba posting two different images that had the word for female dog in them.
Oh, I see.

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
I'm starting to think this was a bad idea.
What're you talking about it's the best idea ever :troll:
I'll do it right now
whoever can geuss who my favourite heavy weight character is gets to pick my signature :cheep:
I'm not brave enough to change my pic though I don't want to end up like you lol

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
(Although professor layton is just a classier better phoenix wright in many ways).
I think that was essentially the origin of Layton as a character - he was intended to be basically Phoenix Wright without his faults (I think it was in an Iwata Asks or something, I'll see if I can find it). I like both series too, but the Layton games never quite captivated me as much as the Ace Attorney games did - and I think that idea of Layton being the "perfect Phoenix" is part of it: he just doesn't feel as relatable as a character.

edit: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-As...1-Professor-Layton-s-Secret-Rival-850289.html

never mind, guess I misremembered it. it's actually that the games came about from trying to fix the faults of the Ace Attorney games, not the character.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
-Anime recommendations
-Marx
-Splatoon
-St. Garon
-Blame Takumi
-Guess smokebomb12's Mains!
-Vote Phoenix Wright to be Smashified
-Shipping talks
-Censor dodging

I think that's it. I've finally caught up!

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I'll do it right now
whoever can geuss who my favourite heavy weight character is gets to pick my signature :cheep:
I'm not brave enough to change my pic though I don't want to end up like you lol
:4dedede:

How heavy does the char have to be?

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
And I swear I can never go a day without fighting a Captain Falcon on FG. Pretty sure at this point I've fought waaaaaay more Falcon than anyone else in the roster. And like almost half of 'em are the ones that never really use their dash grab and just run into Elthunder and Arcfire for days....they probably make Miloaf sad
I admit, I'm part of the population that of the Falcon's people run into on For Glory "ALL THE TIME", but those types of Falcon
-VOMITS VIOLENTY-
On the topic of For Glory Falcon players, here is an old quote of me describing a For Glory Falcon player
enjoy
(make sure to click to expand if you don't already know, there's 10 tips, not just the 4 shown)
HOW TO BE A "FOR GLORY" FALCON PLAYER, BY MILO

1. Be flashy as ****
  2. NO, SERIOUSLY BE FLASH
  3. Go for the knees even if you know you won't get them
  4. Go for the Falcon punches even if you know you won't get them
  5. Go for the reverse falcon punches even if you know you won't get them
  6. taunt "Show me your moves" every kill
  7. taunt "Show me your moves" the beginning of every match
  8. Just taunt "Show me your moves" whenever possible
  9. If they go off stage you're obligated to attempt to spike them
  10. Just kidding, YOU HAVE TO SPIKE THEM, DOWN AIR THAT *****

More of a personal preference for me but, every time you get the down air, falcon punch, reverse falcon punch, or knee kill play this at max volume
Actually, I take that back,. Have this playing at all times when playing as, or against falcon falcon

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

During Brawl and Melee, I had only one main, that was Marth. In addition, I had two secondaries for each game, Melee being Roy and Peach, Brawl being Snake and ZSS. With Smash 4, I tried to retain that pattern, however so many characters ended up clicking for me, hence why I have about 3 mains and 5 secondaries in this game. And yeah, the whole aspect with myself losing skill over certain characters in which I consequently "left behind" at times unfortunately happened. That said, of course it cannot be helped because it's natural. I can't even keep up with using only Marth and Robin; one will always be better than the other. Sometimes it's good to have a wide selection of characters in order to deal with certain MUs which are not in a particular character's favour, but other times it's good to stay dedicated to simply one or two characters so you can concentrate and focus purely on them.

Though, I do remember bumping into a particular person on For Glory who brought out multiple characters, from Bowser Jr to Ganondorf and was insanely good with all of them. :halfsheep:
In the Brawl days (and from there it follows the other Smash games) I spent like a year bouncing around the cast from Meta Knight (before I knew that he was actually God in that game) during the first few months to a Peach/DK/Yoshi phase and then I somehow settled on the triad of Fox, Falco, and Link (and then Mario) and felt comfortable running that in every game.

I don't know why I stopped that trend here because in the 3DS days I ran Fox, Link, Mario for a long time (Falco changes 2 stronk pls ;_; ).

But then for some reason I dropped Fox and Mario and have only had Link and a whole slew of characters who I haven't been able to settle on as suitable alternate characters aside from my pseudo-pocket (somewhere between a straight alternate and a pocket character in use; where Main > Alternate > Pocket) :4ganondorf:

Recently I've been tempted to go back and pick them up again but I don't know and I just feel so indecisive AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH.

Someone hahlp pls.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

This is why I regret guessing incorrectly so you could have a snazzy Aldnoah.Zero theme. :halfsheep:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I'll do it right now
Is it Bowsah??? :4bowser:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
CENSOR DODGING LIKE

Yeah, the tone for Fates is rather interesting. You have grim moments such as the deaths of Ryoma and Xander in the Nohr and Hoshido storylines respectively...

...and then there's THE FANSERVICE!!!!!!

I still intend to get the game once it finally makes its way to good ol' Merica. Without going into spoiler territory again, I wish that some of the plot points and features were better though.

Oh, and has anyone here been looking at Kozaki's Twitter lately? He's been posting images of the characters such as this:

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Yeah, the tone for Fates is rather interesting. You have grim moments such as the deaths of Ryoma and Xander in the Nohr and Hoshido storylines respectively...

...and then there's THE FANSERVICE!!!!!!
I don't think that's enough to make me change my mind. I can see Camilla the Fanservice anytime at http://fireemblemwiki.org/ There are too many dark and unfortunate themes going on in this game. I can't deal with them. And offing your own family (either adoptive or actual) is NOT something I can deal with. I just can't. One of them, all of them, it doesn't make a difference. The fact that there are mission dedicated to offing them doesn't sit well. None of it does. And yeah, this one reason is enough to stop me from getting Fates. You're all welcome to try and convince me otherwise. God knows we have the time.

Mod edit: Put spoilers in spoiler tag.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm not on your tags? that hurts.
Sorry, I just did really want to have list of people on my post. Also, I wasn't sure

You know we are buddies. sure, fire away.
Well,

What sort of concerns are you having with your mains at the moment if any?

Do you want to change mains, or...?
Well, here's my problem.

Minus Robin (who I am always maining unless Young Link returns) I have about 5 characters I want to main along side Robin, however I think that realistically I should only main 2 (one being Robin). Now here's my real problem. I can't play online and have really no one to versus, only CPUs, so I've been try to figure out who to main with very little success. Any advice?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
My secondaries tend to change depending on whatever series I feel like loving more.

Some days my secondaries are all like:
:4myfriends::4feroy::4lucina:

Other days I'm (trying to) play:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4greninja:

And then every once in a while I'll bust out my pocket for friendlies
:4littlemac::4villager::4bowserjr:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Sorry, I just did really want to have list of people on my post. Also, I wasn't sure

Well, here's my problem.

Minus Robin (who I am always maining unless Young Link returns) I have about 5 characters I want to main along side Robin, however I think that realistically I should only main 2 (one being Robin). Now here's my real problem. I can't play online and have really no one to versus, only CPUs, so I've been try to figure out who to main with very little success. Any advice?
With Robin who is a zoner and a trap character, I would advise choosing a close quarters combat character. Like :4falcon::4fox::4littlemac:<----if you dare. :4luigi::4mario::4mii::4metaknight::4feroy::4shulk::4sonic::4yoshi:. Or I would pick a top tier for dangerous MUs just in case like :4falcon::4diddy::4fox::4miibrawl::4ness::4pacman::4sheik::rosalina:and:4yoshi:or:4zss:. That way you are diverse when it comes to certain situations and MUs.

As for the CPU and not playing online (HOW?) CPUs are bad sparring partners because they have no patterns and read you controllers. I did something not even ZeRo would see coming and a CPU blocks it. I advise watching Smash tournaments and how to videos.

During EVO, I kept a journal and wrote everything all the competitive players did. Good habits, Bad habits, techs all kind of stuff.

What else?

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
As for the CPU and not playing online (HOW?) CPUs are bad sparring partners because they have no patterns and read you controllers. I did something not even ZeRo would see coming and a CPU blocks it. I advise watching Smash tournaments and how to videos.
Isn't this only true for level 9 CPUs? I've heard people say to play against level 8s because of it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
With Robin who is a zoner and a trap character, I would advise choosing a close quarters combat character. Like :4falcon::4fox::4littlemac:<----if you dare. :4luigi::4mario::4mii::4metaknight::4feroy::4shulk::4sonic::4yoshi:. Or I would pick a top tier for dangerous MUs just in case like :4falcon::4diddy::4fox::4miibrawl::4ness::4pacman::4sheik::rosalina:and:4yoshi:or:4zss:. That way you are diverse when it comes to certain situations and MUs.

During EVO, I kept a journal and wrote everything all the competitive players did. Good habits, Bad habits, techs all kind of stuff.

What else?
Well, maybe I should say the characters I have as mains at the moment not including Robin. They are (in order of most sued atm)
:4pit::4miisword::4sonic::4littlemac:

I have also had my eye on :4feroy: or :4fox: but just something about them erks me, stopping me from playing them.

Also, I don't have wifi at home and no local tournaments as far as I know, so yeah.

Isn't this only true for level 9 CPUs? I've heard people say to play against level 8s because of it.
I have heard that but the thing is that Lv 8 CPU's seem to easy.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Well, maybe I should say the characters I have as mains at the moment not including Robin. They are (in order of most sued atm)
:4pit::4miisword::4sonic::4littlemac:

I have also had my eye on :4feroy: or :4fox: but just something about them erks me, stopping me from playing them.

Also, I don't have wifi at home and no local tournaments as far as I know, so yeah.

I have heard that but the thing is that Lv 8 CPU's seem to easy.
So you have Sonic for high tier. Pit is a good character for fundamentals should be used first as a bait character. Mii is good 2.

A few of our (and the Zelda Socials) members decided to pay you guys a friendly raid visit!
I didn't find anything there and found like one post here. How are the numbers so strong? How secretive is the Zelda social?!

I dug a bit and it seems like only disliked and "irrelevant" socials are raided.

=(

Last edited:
Top Bottom