• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Harsh... Very harsh... But if I were to put my own self in there, I would probably...
God damn it... This game is hell and I don't even have it! God if I just beat the ever living **** out of them instead of outright being a kinslayer I could live with it... But ****... I'm wondering if I'll even get this game now... Too much **** going down on it...

Because being able to have control over somebody's avatar and signature is hilarious. You can make it anything you want within reason and they have to live with it. For example, I know I would make @ smokebomb12 smokebomb12 's signature a banner advertising Isaac for Smash even though he has nothing to do with that movement.
Okay, to be fair you can leave them alive kinda sorta. On the missions where you are meant to kill them, you can play against the system and avoid them entirely. This opens up new dialogue and stuff but In the end most of your family does die. I know for a fact Ryouma, Elise and Marx/Xander will always die. I think the others you can spare for a little bit, but i'm not sure if they all die in the end or just vanish. The game is set up to have you kill them though, you have to jump through ridiculous hoops to keep your other family alive past the point where they are supposed to die. But the outcome of the story Is mostly the same. I kinda mislead you with the MUST part and i'm sorry, but the game does expect you to kill them on your first run through.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Smashified posted this!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
You know what you have to do.

@Moydow
Those lying sacks of whatsit! I thought they were gonna do Isaac next!

Frauds... They have no intention of doing Isaac and never have! I knew I was right to not get overly hyped about what they do.

I am justified and vindicated...

Last edited:

Zensor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sebdude198
3DS FC
1289-8462-4385
Who could possibly dislike Alvis?
He's a freaking computer, a freaking sword and a freaking bishounen!
And... he has got a useless key as a necklace. For no reason. :happysheep:
I am so sorry, I died

I am a massive XC fan!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Okay, to be fair you can leave them alive kinda sorta. On the missions where you are meant to kill them, you can play against the system and avoid them entirely. This opens up new dialogue and stuff but In the end most of your family does die. I know for a fact Ryouma, Elise and Marx/Xander will always die. I think the others you can spare for a little bit, but i'm not sure if they all die in the end or just vanish. The game is set up to have you kill them though, you have to jump through ridiculous hoops to keep your other family alive past the point where they are supposed to die. But the outcome of the story Is mostly the same. I kinda mislead you with the MUST part and i'm sorry, but the game does expect you to kill them on your first run through.
I'm assuming by "always" you mean in the corresponding game? That is to say, Ryouma will always die in Nohr and Xander will always die in Hoshido?
It's still too ****ing much... It just isn't right... I'm really not sure if I can get this game anymore. I'm sorry, everyone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finally it's over!!

Since you can't have Aldnoah.Zero I might as well go back to a A/Z theme myself. :denzel:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I'm assuming by "always" you mean in the corresponding game? That is to say, Ryouma will always die in Nohr and Xander will always die in Hoshido?
It's still too ****ing much... It just isn't right... I'm really not sure if I can get this game anymore. I'm sorry.
From what I understand yes. Ryouma will off himself on the nohr route and Elise takes a attack for Xander, who promptly BSOD's and you have to kill him. On the third route this doesn't happen at all, you save everyone.

If the kinslaying stuff is too much, have a friend run their way through Nohr or Hoshido and then you can play the third route. It is oddly dark for a fire emblem game.

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
Here's the bracket for the tourney I entered http://challonge.com/SZW4 I'm Bryce
My first round I went Toon Link against Bowser and won 2-0
second round I went Robin and Toon Link against Captain Falcon lost 2-0
third I went Robin against Toon Link and Rosalina lost 2-0 (this game was so close it hurt :C)
also my friend who was also there was Foxy
I think I did pretty good

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The issue with playing multiple characters is you have greater difficulty committing yourself to all of them.

My brother, for example, doesn't have a set main and plays multiple characters, yet he puts the effort into all of them and builds on a foundation that is - for the most part - carried over from previous games. That said, he himself admits that his skill can very easily wane if he declines to use a character for too long; his Rosalina in particular was very rusty recently because he hadn't played her in a few months and it took him a few weeks to get back up to scratch with her.

Of course, I would advise against playing just one character, too. Especially with characters who have polarising matchups (Robin, Little Mac, Ganondorf, Luigi, etc), you're prone to dangerous matchups if you don't have a secondary to back you up. It's a double-edged sword: while you will be able to devote yourself absolutely to that character and thereby develop a deep, complex knowledge of how they work, you will run the risk of a counterpick from an opponent who exploits matchup advantages to compromise your competitive integrity.

The same rubric works here as it does with any technique or discipline: balance and practice. Work with what you've got and be the best damn whatever-it-is-you-wanna-be, but always make sure you have an ace in the hole for when you really need the help.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
The issue with playing multiple characters is you have greater difficulty committing yourself to all of them.

My brother, for example, doesn't have a set main and plays multiple characters, yet he puts the effort into all of them and builds on a foundation that is - for the most part - carried over from previous games. That said, he himself admits that his skill can very easily wane if he declines to use a character for too long; his Rosalina in particular was very rusty recently because he hadn't played her in a few months and it took him a few weeks to get back up to scratch with her.

Of course, I would advise against playing just one character, too. Especially with characters who have polarising matchups (Robin, Little Mac, Ganondorf, Luigi, etc), you're prone to dangerous matchups if you don't have a secondary to back you up. It's a double-edged sword: while you will be able to devote yourself absolutely to that character and thereby develop a deep, complex knowledge of how they work, you will run the risk of a counterpick from an opponent who exploits matchup advantages to compromise your competitive integrity.

The same rubric works here as it does with any technique or discipline: balance and practice. Work with what you've got and be the best damn whatever-it-is-you-wanna-be, but always make sure you have an ace in the hole for when you really need the help.
It works for me.

D

Deleted member

And then there's me who plays :4link: with a :4ganondorf: alt.

Lol MU coverage what's that?

[collapse=Words]
Sadly most of that is because I have a hard time guessing what :4link:'s bad MUs are so I play :4ganondorf: mostly because I like him (although he does cover some MUs) rather than because he covers :4link:'s bad MUs.

And yeah somehow the Link boards don't have any MU numbers at all at this point so I don't have any reliable reference point. :c
[/collapse]

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It works for me.
Oh, I didn't say it doesn't work. I'm just saying, it helps to know both where you stand and where you want to go with it.

I am a Pit main first and foremost. I have dedicated myself to Pit, I want to be the best Pit that I can be. Pit works for me, I put the effort in and get the results with him.

Yet I would also say I main Palutena, in that she's my go-to backup character. If I feel Pit struggles in a certain matchup or I just need a change of context, Palutena is there for me.

Beyond that, I have a few characters I dabble in and would consider myself to be reasonably proficient with, yet I am still relatively inexpert with. These "pocket" characters would include Lucina, Robin, Ganondorf and R.O.B.

Often I wonder if I devote myself too much to Pit, to the extent that I diminish the time spend with my other characters. It'd be remiss of me to say that my Palutena is as good as I'd like her to be, but I'm still content that I can do better and go further with her. I never stop improving. I am always trying to better myself.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
From what I understand yes. Ryouma will off himself on the nohr route and Elise takes a attack for Xander, who promptly BSOD's and you have to kill him. On the third route this doesn't happen at all, you save everyone.

If the kinslaying stuff is too much, have a friend run their way through Nohr or Hoshido and then you can play the third route. It is oddly dark for a fire emblem game.
I think I've had enough darkness in video games... Especially darkness that I don't expect. Darkness and people dying in a Warhammer 40,000 game? I expect that. That's a given. If 10,000,000 people haven't died because of a rounding error in the Imperium of Man, something is wrong. And that doesn't include all the other horrible ways to die in that universe.

I don't expect it in Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy. At least not to the level that I'm getting it.
FFXIV is pretty damn grim. There's one death in the expansion's Main Story which is like getting punched straight in the gut and then the head. I would wager @RadiantTactician can attest as well as I can... And that doesn't even take into account what people and I went through at the end of the last batch of story quests before the expansion. And we don't have full closure on that either.

I'm sorry everyone...
But I don't think I can get FE Fates... I just don't.

Last edited:

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
I think I've had enough darkness in video games... Especially darkness that I don't expect. Darkness and people dying in a Warhammer 40,000 game? I expect that. I don't expect it in Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy. At least not to the level that I'm getting it.
FFXIV is pretty damn grim. There's one death in the expansion's Main Story which is like getting punched straight in the gut and then the head. I would wager @RadiantTactician can attest as well as I can... And that doesn't even take into account what people and I went through at the end of the last batch of story quests before the expansion. And we don't have full closure on that either.

I'm sorry everyone...
But I don't think I can get FE Fates... I just don't.
What are you saying? Darkness in video games is fantastic! I know that I love a videogame when I cry for someone's death (never happened lol)! That's what separe an enjoiable game from a fantastic game!

Top Bottom