• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Everyone's entitled to their opinions of course, but

I'm confused as to why anyone would hate Pokemon. :emptysheep:
F*CK YOU AND EVERYTHING THAT YOU STAND FOR!!!
:troll:
Sorry, I should word it better. I love Pokemon, however.....

I F***ING hate Pokemon Sapphire at the moment. Stupid ****ing elite four and OP Steven. Why are the so hard to beat?!?!

I stay by my words.

Same
-goes on showdown and cries at how addicted I am-
*hugs*

There there, it's alright.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
What are you saying? Darkness in video games is fantastic! I know that I love a videogame when I cry for someone's death (never happened lol)! That's what separe an enjoiable game from a fantastic game!
Valkyria Chronicles.

Never cried so hard at vidya.

Except for Solaire's death in Dark Souls.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
my alert box
help
Smashified posted this!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
You know what you have to do.

@ Moydow Moydow

i need a twitter account
how do i twitter

Speaking of Phoenix Wright, there once was a time, quite a while back now, when my avatar was always Maya as she's my favorite character from the franchise (along with Edgeworth of course), but then I didn't wanna get confused with fellow @ Moydow Moydow when I started posting here.
um, oops :p I'm planning on going through a bunch of Fire Emblem ones related to the characters from the game I'm playing over the next few months (hence our beloved pants-less hero king over there <---), so you can have all the spirit mediums you want now, I guess?

This avatar in particular was amongst my all time favorite avatars I've had~

Any true gentleman would lend their support to Professor Layton.

While I am partial to some good old puzzle solving and a nice cuppa, I'm afraid that in this contest, there can be only one (W)right answer.

Speaking of Fire Emblem again:
Fire Emblem (J) [T+Eng.10_Gaijin]-4.png

One down, 12 to go!

Last edited:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
YouTube was great and full of LOL videos back then, sure.

Did I have to run into this again?!

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
I consider myself both a :4robinf: and a :4lucina: main, though I've been playing buttloads of Robin lately and kinda neglecting Lucina but am trying to play her more again. And then I picked up Falco as a pocket or something a while ago cuz I was like "**** FG projectile spam lol and why not"

And I swear I can never go a day without fighting a Captain Falcon on FG. Pretty sure at this point I've fought waaaaaay more Falcon than anyone else in the roster. And like almost half of 'em are the ones that never really use their dash grab and just run into Elthunder and Arcfire for days....they probably make Miloaf sad

Matsushi

True Blood
Sorry, I should word it better. I love Pokemon, however.....

I F***ING hate Pokemon Sapphire at the moment. Stupid ****ing elite four and OP Steven. Why are the so hard to beat?!?!
Oooh, I was gonna say! That's quite understandable though, Pokemon can get quite frustrating at times. Especially those painful moments when you want to weaken a Pokemon a tad before catching them but end up killing them instead. Or when a Legendary Pokemon continuously moves around the damn map.. or when a Pokeball bumps three times but the Pokemon still happens to break free.

I hate Pokemon. :emptysheep:
um, oops :p I'm planning on going through a bunch of Fire Emblem ones related to the characters from the game I'm playing over the next few months (hence our beloved pants-less hero king over there <---), so you can have all the spirit mediums you want now, I guess?
Ayyy, it's fine! Thank you. I plan to keep Marx for a little longer, but when I do change, it'll probably be a Maya avatar. :3
Phoenix nO

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Oooh, I was gonna say! That's quite understandable though, Pokemon can get quite frustrating at times. Especially those painful moments when you want to weaken a Pokemon a tad before catching them but end up killing them instead. Or when a Legendary Pokemon continuously moves around the damn map.. or when a Pokeball bumps three times but the Pokemon still happens to break free.

I hate Pokemon. :emptysheep:

Ayyy, it's fine! Thank you. I plan to keep Marx for a little longer, but when I do change, it'll probably be a Maya avatar. :3

Phoenix nO
I beat ruby when I was six, but I can't beat it now.
@ smokebomb12 smokebomb12 what a nice profile pic.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
THIS SMASHBOARDS AVATAR HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG FAMILY FOR GENERATIONS~!

Suits you, sir~ ;3

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

i need a twitter account
how do i twitter
Well, firstly, you create an account.
Secondly, you follow Smashified and go to their newest post.
Third, you reply to that post by typing #TeamWright or, if you're a "gentleman", #TeamLayton.
Finally, you TWEET THAT post to show Smashified that Phoenix Wright...

...is the Wright man to vote for!!

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Warning Received
@ smokebomb12 smokebomb12

SIG TIME~

Just use this spoiler

Support Steve for DLC 'cause Minecraft is da bust gem evah

And I hate Mopcina :cheep:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
One way to torture me is tying me to a chair and forcing me to watch that.

why would someone hurt such a precious king this way
My bro and I keep asking her why she likes to pick on him
She swears that she doesn't but at least 99% of her matches consist of a Marth on team blue alone (with her being team red)

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The issue with playing multiple characters is you have greater difficulty committing yourself to all of them.

My brother, for example, doesn't have a set main and plays multiple characters, yet he puts the effort into all of them and builds on a foundation that is - for the most part - carried over from previous games. That said, he himself admits that his skill can very easily wane if he declines to use a character for too long; his Rosalina in particular was very rusty recently because he hadn't played her in a few months and it took him a few weeks to get back up to scratch with her.

Of course, I would advise against playing just one character, too. Especially with characters who have polarising matchups (Robin, Little Mac, Ganondorf, Luigi, etc), you're prone to dangerous matchups if you don't have a secondary to back you up. It's a double-edged sword: while you will be able to devote yourself absolutely to that character and thereby develop a deep, complex knowledge of how they work, you will run the risk of a counterpick from an opponent who exploits matchup advantages to compromise your competitive integrity.

The same rubric works here as it does with any technique or discipline: balance and practice. Work with what you've got and be the best damn whatever-it-is-you-wanna-be, but always make sure you have an ace in the hole for when you really need the help.
I'm a lazy gamer.

I'm only going to put effort in learning like 1-2 characters (maaaybe 3). Some people would call that "optimization". But in reality, I just don't have the time and energy to commit to like 5+ characters. If you don't practice the other characters regularly, they could start to fall behind. But ultimately, do whatever works for you. If you put effort in like 100 characters and still kick ass with all of them, then the more power to you (can you imagine a 100 character roster? We Tobal 2 now? lol). But yeah, I agree.

I guess this could apply to the different Smash installments as well. Each game is really different, and I'd rather focus all my energy excelling at one, that being Smash 4. I really like PM, but it's not really big in my area as well. Only like in the beginning of this year (like around Feb) a lot more options for Smash 4 tourneys started popping up in my area. Before we had almost nothing, so I'm glad the Smash scene is growing a bit.

Oh, and speaking of laziness, this quote is my life:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Friendly reminder:

Censor dodging in jokes or in images doesn't make it not censor dodging.

Smarten up you goobers.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Fire Emblem (J) [T+Eng.10_Gaijin]-5.png

..........Is that turn count? What the hell was I doing for 148 turns? I know there was a secret shop in that chapter, and it was stuck in the middle of a mountain, but I didn't think it took me that long to get there :/

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
View attachment 64528
..........Is that turn count? What the hell was I doing for 148 turns? I know there was a secret shop in that chapter, and it was stuck in the middle of a mountain, but I didn't think it took me that long to get there :/
At least it's not like Advance Wars where every turn is a day.
You think Advance Wars is too happy for a war game, but then the battles in the game can drag out for months.

Matsushi

True Blood
During Brawl and Melee, I had only one main, that was Marth. In addition, I had two secondaries for each game, Melee being Roy and Peach, Brawl being Snake and ZSS. With Smash 4, I tried to retain that pattern, however so many characters ended up clicking for me, hence why I have about 3 mains and 5 secondaries in this game. And yeah, the whole aspect with myself losing skill over certain characters in which I consequently "left behind" at times unfortunately happened. That said, of course it cannot be helped because it's natural. I can't even keep up with using only Marth and Robin; one will always be better than the other. Sometimes it's good to have a wide selection of characters in order to deal with certain MUs which are not in a particular character's favour, but other times it's good to stay dedicated to simply one or two characters so you can concentrate and focus purely on them.

Though, I do remember bumping into a particular person on For Glory who brought out multiple characters, from Bowser Jr to Ganondorf and was insanely good with all of them. :halfsheep:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Specifically in this case:

Zantetsugun censor dodging even though it was a joke (in that he wasn't actually mad).

And

Koiba posting two different images that had the word for female dog in them.
Not to mention that atrocity yesterday. That alone was enough to keep me away from the Lonk boards for all eternity.

D

Deleted member

Mr. Eh-ji-werth, what are you doing? You can't get between Mr. Nick and his "special someone"!

(disclaimer: I don't really care for this shipping business either way, I just wanted to use that gif)
Objection.gif

phoenix-sweating(a).gif

The defense asserts that he is not in love with his best friend.
phoenix-sheepish(a).gif

I-I mean the last time the defense fell in love with someone, she tried to kill him!

Soul.

in regards to the previous topic (characters), I use the Mouse Pokémon and mess around with the rest. I'm not sure about having a secondary; it's so hard to pick one character when all of them seem like they would suit you.
also vgc is best meta. smogon meta sux.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I can't decide whether I favor Phoenix Wright or Professor Layton. I am a fan of both the game series and the characters are likable (Although professor layton is just a classier better phoenix wright in many ways).

Top Bottom