• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Well then lucky you :p

I should try and versus you one day and see how good you truly are :p

Hello :happysheep:

Yeah, I was think about maybe Machop instead of Absol and I was going to teach Gardevoir Ice Beam, though it seems that I can't. Maybe I'll try and find a good water type that can learn it. Also, will Dark moves do just as well instead of Ghost?
Yes, Dark mowes can also work. Walrein can be a good ice pokemon. His HPs are amazing.
Are you playing sapphire or the remake? And are you doing some kind of challenge?

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Congratulations on not having to pay for plane flights for major smash 4 tournaments Raziek.

I haven't played a pokemon game for a while now. I think the last one I bought was platinum. I want to try getting back into it but I heard that the recent pokemon games are ridiculously easy if you know how to play at all.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I was wonder if you could look at my party at the moment and see if I should make any changes or if I should reconsider any changes I was going to make?

1. Lv 38 Sceptile
2. Lv 21 Swablu (going to replace my Swellow when levels up further)
3. Lv 31 Gardevoir
4. Lv 28 Azumarill (going to replace with a better Water Type later)
5. Lv 28 Manetric (going to replace with a Pikachu)
6. Lv 28 Swellow (going to replace with Absol)

Note: I have just obtained the Blue Pearl

Thoughts?
You'll want the Azumarill for Mossdeep, though, along with the Absol. Azumarill will also be useful against the Elite Four, though, because it learns Ice Beam. Fighting types help against two of the EF, so you should get one (Hariyama is good, as is Machoke). Keep the Manectric, since it has better base stats. If you have the flamethrower TM, you might want to teach it to him. Your choice on that last bit, though.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Congratulations on not having to pay for plane flights for major smash 4 tournaments Raziek.

I haven't played a pokemon game for a while now. I think the last one I bought was platinum. I want to try getting back into it but I heard that the recent pokemon games are ridiculously easy if you know how to play at all.
Well, I played the Hoenn remake and it isn't easy if you don't use the exp share, 'cause in 6th gen they buffed it and ALL the team get the experience. Btw, it is not as difficult as the older games.

You'll want the Azumarill for Mossdeep, though, along with the Absol. Azumarill will also be useful against the Elite Four, though, because it learns Ice Beam.
STABbed ice beam on Walrein is better than on Azumarill. 60 Atk.Sp<95 Atk.Sp+STAB.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
For the Elite Four, swap Gardevoir for a fighting type and you should be good (provided you train your Pokemon enough, obviously).

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I was wonder if you could look at my party at the moment and see if I should make any changes or if I should reconsider any changes I was going to make?

1. Lv 38 Sceptile
2. Lv 21 Swablu (going to replace my Swellow when levels up further)
3. Lv 31 Gardevoir
4. Lv 28 Azumarill (going to replace with a better Water Type later)
5. Lv 28 Manetric (going to replace with a Pikachu)
6. Lv 28 Swellow (going to replace with Absol)

Note: I have just obtained the Blue Pearl

Thoughts?
A little late, but here's what I can think of:
-I really recommend getting your eventual party's level close to even. Over-relying on one of them can lead to some really bad stuff if that mon gets knocked out or you're up against an opponent that counters them.
-Why are you replacing the Manectric? Statistically, it's far better than Pikachu and even has a wider movepool!
-Following up on what they've said, you won't need an Azumarill if you're running Mega Altaria. Focus on a Water type with coverage that's different from the mons you already have. Walrein would actually really help there.
-I also recommend looking for a Fighting type, but I'd actually swap out the Gardevoir. You'll have a Fairy type already, Absol learns Psycho Cut naturally (which'll even crit half the time if you get one with Super Luck!) to give you something for Poison types while you'll have Altaria to kill Fighting types with, so Gardevoir's the most expendable party member. I'd recommend either Medicham or Heracross.
-You also want Fire and Ground moves on someone for coverage. Manectric can learn quite a few Fire TMs, so stick Overheat, Fire Blast, or (preferably) Flamethrower on him/her and you'll be good for that. Sceptile can learn Earthquake and resists Electric attacks (double-resists when in Mega form!). You might also want a Poison or Steel move to kill fairies with.

Soul.

Pokémon talk in a Fire Emblem character thread.
I see the two paths have crossed together.

D

Deleted member

How I play Pokemon:
Have fun with it.

I can't get into the competitive community. There is too much you need to do in order to get in it (such as EVs and IVs and getting the items) and the game can be completely random at times.

Soul.

Showdown is a blessing.
edit: by showdown I meant Pokémon Showdown.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yes, Dark mowes can also work. Walrein can be a good ice pokemon. His HPs are amazing.
Are you playing sapphire or the remake? And are you doing some kind of challenge?
Okay, so either keep Pursuit with Sceptile or Absol.

I was actually think with getting a Horsea or Lanturn

And I am playing the original but getting the remake very soon.

You'll want the Azumarill for Mossdeep, though, along with the Absol. Azumarill will also be useful against the Elite Four, though, because it learns Ice Beam. Fighting types help against two of the EF, so you should get one (Hariyama is good, as is Machoke). Keep the Manectric, since it has better base stats. If you have the flamethrower TM, you might want to teach it to him. Your choice on that last bit, though.
For the Elite Four, swap Gardevoir for a fighting type and you should be good (provided you train your Pokemon enough, obviously).
So have a fighting type? Got it.

Though there is no way I am getting ride of Gardevoir.

A little late, but here's what I can think of:
-I really recommend getting your eventual party's level close to even. Over-relying on one of them can lead to some really bad stuff if that mon gets knocked out or you're up against an opponent that counters them.
-Why are you replacing the Manectric? Statistically, it's far better than Pikachu and even has a wider movepool!
-Following up on what they've said, you won't need an Azumarill if you're running Mega Altaria. Focus on a Water type with coverage that's different from the mons you already have. Walrein would actually really help there.
-I also recommend looking for a Fighting type, but I'd actually swap out the Gardevoir. You'll have a Fairy type already, Absol learns Psycho Cut naturally (which'll even crit half the time if you get one with Super Luck!) to give you something for Poison types while you'll have Altaria to kill Fighting types with, so Gardevoir's the most expendable party member. I'd recommend either Medicham or Heracross.
-You also want Fire and Ground moves on someone for coverage. Manectric can learn quite a few Fire TMs, so stick Overheat, Fire Blast, or (preferably) Flamethrower on him/her and you'll be good for that. Sceptile can learn Earthquake and resists Electric attacks (double-resists when in Mega form!). You might also want a Poison or Steel move to kill fairies with.
-Yeah, that is what I am trying to achieve that though can be a bit hard.
- Because.... well, it's Pikachu :pikachu:
- Playing on the original. Not Mega Evolutions
- Get fighting type, but I am not replacing Gardevoir. Ever.
- Well, I could teach Sceptile Dig I guess and I've heard Mantric can learn some fire moves.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Competitive PKMN is fun but can be a drag sometimes with Smogon stuff and I been playing competitively since end of Platinum/ HG & SS era. I hate EV training and breeding as of late even though it's easier than ever and don't have much of the drive to do it I just wanna battle and poop on nerds.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
The only Pokémon games I played have been Fire red and X. They played well, but I'm not really digging the others. You have to put a lot of time into them.

I can barley fight gym leaders.

COPETITVE?

Also I made a new sig.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
That feel when you hit Robin Nirvana against a top tier:

Congratulations on your enlightenment. I feel as if I have been congratulating you a lot as of late.
The only Pokémon games I played have been Fire red and X. They played well, but I'm not really digging the others. You have to put a lot of time into them.

I can barley fight gym leaders.

COPETITVE?

Also I made a new sig.
Literally anything can be played competitively. The main factor is how many people are willing to do it.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
ehh....Robin is good and all. but I just can'
Congratulations on your enlightenment. I feel as if I have been congratulating you a lot as of late.

Literally anything can be played competitively. The main factor is how many people are willing to do it.
I know. There are Mario kart tournaments and what not. My point was I am the worst pokemon trainer in the face of the earth.

Soul.

Breeding is easier, but that's still not going to make me want to play a main series Pokémon game, not until the Sinnoh remakes come out (yes, I loved Gen 4. In everything. Even the metagame). I stopped playing OU because it's hard to make a case for which Pokémon should raise up in ranks in the viability ranking thread, it's hard to find/or make good teams, and it doesn't interest me. VGC is cool.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
I have like 20 competitive pokemon in my box but don't use them :troll:

And I'm kinda iffy if I should get gen 7 like the games are getting easier and easier lol exp share

I'm gonna get gen 4 remakes tho <3

And with Showdown I just get my fave pokes, give them a decent moveset and hope I win

UmbreonMageBrando

The Quiet One
NNID
Megaman648
I've played pokemon competitively from the end of gen 5 up until march of this year but stopped in April due to smash 4 and people on pokemon showdown ragequiting when things don't go their way, and when they miss a dark void, hypnosis, sleep powder, focus blast, and etc. or bashing you for winning or losing.

Having my wins handed to me via forfeit/ragequiting is not how I want to win. It kind of killed the fun aspect of competitive pokemon for me. I'm like why even bother battling people when they go ham about luck based shenanigans and forfeit because of it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Explain this Robin Nirvana kind sir especially against Shiek, Rosie and Sonic? My first thought was getting a nair gimp against one lmao.
Every Arcfire finds its mark. Every Roll gets pivot-grabbed. Bair never misses. Every approach gets stuffed by Jab. When they shield, Nos is there. When they airdodge, Uair finds them. They press a button? THORON!

I'm not talking about anything in specific, I'm just talking about that general feeling of being in the zone.

The zone where you do this kinda **** to people: http://gfycat.com/AmusedScentedGerbil

D

Deleted member

Every Arcfire finds its mark. Every Roll gets pivot-grabbed. Bair never misses. Every approach gets stuffed by Jab. When they shield, Nos is there. When they airdodge, Uair finds them. They press a button? THORON!

I'm not talking about anything in specific, I'm just talking about that general feeling of being in the zone.

The zone where you do this kinda **** to people: http://gfycat.com/AmusedScentedGerbil
I can't stop pressing 1 for the ROB player.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437

That gif...

mfw

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
ehh....Robin is good and all. but I just can'

I know. There are Mario kart tournaments and what not. My point was I am the worst pokemon trainer in the face of the earth.
Oh ok sorry. I misinterpreted your gif.

I can't remember what my first pokemon gen was(I have a horrendous memory) but I think it was either gen 2 or 3. As a kid I liked gen 3 because of the contests.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Third is my favourite generation, and Hoenn is my favourite region. I actually liked the water routes, at least as long as I packed 578688 Max Repels before going on them :p also muh trumpets

Top Bottom