• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
While testing this I also discovered that if the opponent is by the ledge closest to the end of Thoron, then it may also have different hits when playing in slower speeds.

ex. If Thoron is going ------>
Then if they are at the right ledge then it may have a lesser amount of hits.

Normal speed:
Thoron- 4 hits, 10%
Holding B- 6 hits, 15%

1/4 Speed (Ledge):
Normal- 2 hits, 5%
Holding B- 2 hits 5%

1/4 Speed (Middle)
Normal: 2 hits, 5%
Holding B: 3 hits 7%

1/2 Speed (Ledge)
Normal- 5 hits, 13%
Holding B- 4 hits, 10%

1/2 Speed (Middle)
Normal- 5 hits, 13%
Holding B- 5 hits, 13%

2/3 Speed @ledge*
Normal- 3 hits, 7%
Holding B- 3 hits, 7%

2/3 Speed (Middle)
Normal- 4 hits, 10%
Holding B- 3 hits, 7%

1.5 speed (Ledge)
Normal- 5 hits, 13%
Holding B- 3 hits, 7%

1.5 Speed (Middle)
Normal- 5 hits, 13%
Holding B- 5 hits, 13%

*The ledge values were taken if the character rolled all the way back to the ledge.

There was also another spot around 2/3rds of the stage where hits would also differentiate. However when I was testing this, I learned that none of it really matters that much since no one really messes with different playspeeds anyway :/

It was kinda fun though feeling technical and actually lab-ing stuff with Robin. I don't really go into Training mode very often outside of very quick tests or practicing small stuff.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Hi everybody!
I have a picture for you all:

It's an Inkling. I had an inkling to post a picture of an Inkling. I have no inkling as to the inklings you all would have with a picture of an Inkling, but nevertheless there is a picture of an Inkling.

Also, @RadiantTactician I beat Alexander normal today. Now I have to start hunting for a Static for Savage. The new NIN Artifact gear looks awesome. What do you think of yours?

Last edited:

Soul.

I remember that months ago, some player called Carlos in FG tried to lame me out by switching characters every time he won. His message comment was more or less "Git gud scrub." Then there was this Josh or whatever guy whose message had "I'm the best" and was nothing but a scrub. Mind you, this was all on the 3DS version...

... Why do scrubs think they're the best?

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I remember that months ago, some player called Carlos in FG tried to lame me out by switching characters every time he won. His message comment was more or less "Git gud scrub." Then there was this Josh or whatever guy whose message had "I'm the best" and was nothing but a scrub. Mind you, this was all on the 3DS version...

To me it's because there's that one person who's the best at Smash among their group of friends and they automatically think "I'm the best player ever!" :upsidedown:

Soul.

To me it's because there's that one person who's the best at Smash among their group of friends and they automatically think "I'm the best player ever!" :upsidedown:
That's reasonable. Still hard to find good players there. Wish they introduced some form of better matchmaking.
Or just put 3 stocks 8 minutes.

Célja

NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
That's reasonable. Still hard to find good players there. Wish they introduced some form of better matchmaking.
3 stocks would be nice. I also wish it could have more stage variety. Playing only on FD gets old after a while.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I honestly wish there was a certain win or lose rate on for fun mode before you can play for glory. If I ran for glory, I would make a system to where it takes you win percentage and maybe lose percentage and pairs you up with a player that come close to your average.

Soul.

3 stocks would be nice. I also wish it could have more stage variety. Playing only on FD gets old after a while.
I always thought of both versions using 3 stock 8 minutes with "legal" stages, as well as Omega form stages. The list would take a ****load of time to write, though, and I think people already know what is legal and what isn't.
I honestly wish there was a certain win or lose rate on for fun mode before you can play for glory. If I ran for glory, I would make a system to where it takes you win percentage and maybe lose percentage and pairs you up with a player that come close to your average.
But wouldn't that be the opposite (for the lack of better term) of For Fun? Like, you just, well, play for fun there. I'm not sure.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I always thought of both versions using 3 stock 8 minutes with "legal" stages, as well as Omega form stages. The list would take a ****load of time to write, though, and I think people already know what is legal and what isn't.

But wouldn't that be the opposite (for the lack of better term) of For Fun? Like, you just, well, play for fun there. I'm not sure.
My bad, For glory, not fun.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

1. Unconscious incompetence
    The individual does not understand or know how to do something and does not necessarily recognize the deficit. They may deny the usefulness of the skill. The individual must recognize their own incompetence, and the value of the new skill, before moving on to the next stage.[2] The length of time an individual spends in this stage depends on the strength of the stimulus to learn.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_stages_of_competence

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Someone who reads Japanese and has some time on their hands should comb Mr. II's ask.fm for interesting stuff. I see some stuff that looks neat based on what Google Translate is pulling out of it, but I'd like to know specifically stuff to do with gameplay related questions:

http://ask.fm/pitkyun

@Centicerise , perhaps?

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
-Yeah, that is what I am trying to achieve that though can be a bit hard.
- Because.... well, it's Pikachu :pikachu:
- Playing on the original. Not Mega Evolutions
- Get fighting type, but I am not replacing Gardevoir. Ever.
- Well, I could teach Sceptile Dig I guess and I've heard Mantric can learn some fire moves.
Oh, it's the original? In that case, you definitely want to replace Azumarill. That whole line prior to them getting Huge Power was baaaaad. You probably don't want to use Absol, either, since any STAB it learns will automatically go off its poor Special Attack stat (they're powerhouses in ORAS, though). I'd also favor Lanturn over Kingdra since you'll have Altaria for a dragon, but if you're insistent on Pikachu or want to keep Manectric, Lanturn's second type would be redundant and Walrein would still be more useful.

I'd still look into a Fighting type, though...but not Medicham, since all Psychic attacks are Special in Gen 3.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh, it's the original? In that case, you definitely want to replace Azumarill. That whole line prior to them getting Huge Power was baaaaad. You probably don't want to use Absol, either, since any STAB it learns will automatically go off its poor Special Attack stat (they're powerhouses in ORAS, though). I'd also favor Lanturn over Kingdra since you'll have Altaria for a dragon, but if you're insistent on Pikachu or want to keep Manectric, Lanturn's second type would be redundant and Walrein would still be more useful.

I'd still look into a Fighting type, though...but not Medicham, since all Psychic attacks are Special in Gen 3.
Hariyama or Breeloom. Hariyama for that insane defense and the ability to know surf and Breeloom because badass Fighting plant.

Just don't bring it to Winona's Gym

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Hariyama or Breeloom. Hariyama for that insane defense and the ability to know surf and Breeloom because badass Fighting plant.

Just don't bring it to Winona's Gym
He has a Sceptile already, so Breloom would be on the redundant side (not to mention having too low of SpA to use any of the Grass moves it gets that were still all Special at that point). Hariyama's an option, but not for Surf--its SpA is way too low to use it effectively.

Last edited:

Nyrélhos

Smash Rookie
Someone who reads Japanese and has some time on their hands should comb Mr. II's ask.fm for interesting stuff. I see some stuff that looks neat based on what Google Translate is pulling out of it, but I'd like to know specifically stuff to do with gameplay related questions:

http://ask.fm/pitkyun

@Centicerise , perhaps?
I can try to translate it since I am student in Japanese, but I only just achieved my first year, so I'm not sure I'm able to do that. So don't rely on me, if someone else wants to translate it, then do it.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
BTW @ Raziek Raziek when I was talking about that dirty Mario combo I pulled on my friend's Mewtwo during our airport discussion....

This is why Scalding FLUDD is DIS-GUSTING

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm more upset over Mario's flaming Shin Shoryuken that move is insane as all hell

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I'm more upset over Mario's flaming Shin Shoryuken that move is insane as all hell
It's good in very specific MUs (especially when you pick a low ceiling blastzone stage like BF or Town and City like in the vid). Anyone susceptible to Uair strings from Mario (like, really susceptible) gets gutted by this move, but regular Up+B is better in most other MUs because superior shield option and damage racking at the end of combos/strings.

D

Deleted member

Anybody have time to Smash?
I can't Smash now, but I wanna play Smash against you later. I am curious about how good your Link is.
If you have Wii U, we'll play it on that. If you only have the 3DS... well... I am not at my best on it.

They might have this mentality that they think that they are the best when they aren't. Like, they think that they are the best Smash player in the world and that no one can defeat them; all other players are beneath them.
So when you beat them, they'll think of an excuse to boost their ego. When they beat you, they rub it in your face.

That would make For Glory better. That and remove name tags from being shown. Those induce salt.

They should make a version of every stage where there are no stage hazards and every stage is neutral (some stages like Temple would need to be rearranged or remade to be competitive).

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
I can't Smash now, but I wanna play Smash against you later. I am curious about how good your Link is.
If you have Wii U, we'll play it on that. If you only have the 3DS... well... I am not at my best on it.

They might have this mentality that they think that they are the best when they aren't. Like, they think that they are the best Smash player in the world and that no one can defeat them; all other players are beneath them.
So when you beat them, they'll think of an excuse to boost their ego. When they beat you, they rub it in your face.

That would make For Glory better. That and remove name tags from being shown. Those induce salt.

They should make a version of every stage where there are no stage hazards and every stage is neutral (some stages like Temple would need to be rearranged or remade to be competitive).
His Link is pretty good.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
I made a drawing of Shulk vs Marth

its not totally finished yet though
I can take requests for what to draw next since I don't really know what I want to do next
critcism is welcome too.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
I made a drawing of Shulk vs Marth

its not totally finished yet though
I can take requests for what to draw next since I don't really know what I want to do next
critcism is welcome too.
Well done! You can draw a Ganondorf who is cosplaying Pikachu next! With the red cheeks, of course!

I'm done.
:079:

Top Bottom